Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Obviously she has lied with her age, but from there to being Maya's mother it is more difficult to link
It's not that difficult, to be honest. Admittedly I'm having difficulty recalling if Maya's Mom has been mentioned, but whilst you would think that having an uber-religious, likely conservative husband would mean she is the same, she could simply be just putting up with it if she's somewhat "trapped" in the marriage. But she's not totally subserviant in that she has her own life, friends, etc, and goes out occasionally, like to MacAllen's bar to drink away her sorrows at having a terrible husband and sexless marriage. So she gets on Swyper to satisfy her itch and she does so with the MC who she might meet later if the MC does pretend to be Maya's boyfriend and he's invited to "meet the folks".

However, that is sadly too straightforward and farcical for DPC who prefers darker subplots, so this probably won't be the case, but could have been.

DPC is good at these games, he's only made two and they are utter standouts in the genre and he's pulling 26K - 66K per month (I don't know what his outlay is). Why would he stop, unless he's pushing himself too hard and he burns out.
They are good with the renders, animations, and creating compelling character that you grow to care about, but they rely too much on heavy drama and their pacing is too quick. This game could go to 12-16 episodes easily had the plot developed more gradually over the course of a few in-game months rather than 3 weeks. Everything piles on the MC and the player very quickly in this game and (pardon the pun) before you can get a handle one fire, 4 more spring up.

Ideally, he would continue to produce BaDIK and keep the story going as long as possible since it's a big earner, but if they have an idea right now for another game, then they'll want to get on it ASAP, so spending the next 3-5 years on this wouldn't be ideal for them if they're keen to get on with the next game.

Has anyone thought that maybe just maybe (read that as hopefully) Mona was not leaving but just moving into the HOT's house?

I know it's a long shot... but lets keep a little hope!
I thought so too for a moment, but when you look at the general context of that scene - the rain, Mona cloaked in darkess with her hood up, Burke in a dark room with only the light of the computer screen illuminating him - it's got a much darker and more depressing than you'd expect if she was just moving from the dorm to the HOT house.

Plus, her leaving will further facilitate Quinn's downfall as the HOTs will likely be in shock, most notably Camila and Riona, so it's an unfortunately necessary evil in this story thread.

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
I want Heather to be the only unobtainable chick then we get an ending with a 10 year timeskip were you ended up married to her.

• Haha
Reactions: openup212

Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020
Do you guys think we might get a chance to bang Heather in the next episode?
Probably, but i prefer a scene with Elena before with Heather, also when he finds out about the relationship between Josy and the MC, there is going to be a big problem, knowing how he gets angry so easily.

Reactions: Andre Young

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Probably, but i prefer a scene with Elena before with Heather, also when he finds out about the relationship between Josy and the MC, there is going to be a big problem, knowing how he gets angry so easily.
With Elena, it's going to be a threesome with John Boy if at all. John Boy and Elena seem to be hinting at wanting MC to complete the sandwich. I'll have to hard pass on that because I'm not into a threeway with a Derek clone and a boy bod Elena.

Savita23

Jan 27, 2020
The fighting mechanics are waaay over complicated in this game... Like ffs im using a laptop and have tiny arrow keys. I can't press the arrows fast enough without pressing 2 keys constantly. Please for the love of god make it easier or skippable...
If you play the brawling mini-game on the mobile during freeroams, you can get extra skill points, that should help you a bit with the fight.

Frankly, I found the management game to be surprisingly complicated. ofcourse, it remains to be seen how tight the schedule on it is going to be, which will determine, how optimised the approach has to be.

Last edited:

Badred

Dec 19, 2018
Unfortunately don't think so, you'd have to start from the beginning.
Thank god there is actually a way to remove the minigames lol. Cheat option popped up or at least i noticed when i was doing the tasks game thing and under "other" is an option to disable minigames.

Reactions: Journey95

warlator

Apr 11, 2018
guys i have a probleme with the compressed version whenever theres a segment for cathys exam the game gives me a "an exception has occured" error message how do i fix it? i dont want to dwld the wole game

Savita23

Jan 27, 2020
Depends on what they do with this game and what a future one would be. If they do anything like or even close to AL's dark drama ending, then it's not likely to go down well. People would still support them and they probably wouldn't lose that many patrons, but their reputation might take a knock if they have more sad, depressing endings in this game.

As for their next game, if it's another one with a real-world setting then it will probably do OK, but I have a feeling that the long DnG game in this episode was practice for the setting of their next game. That might go down well with some people if it's a DnD, GoT, Witcher type game, but it wouldn't be my cup of tea so I'd probably skip it and I'm sure there would be others who feel the same, especially since it opens itself more to dark, tragic themes than even AL or BaDIK.
not sure if this is the right place to ask, but what's AL? I have seen it mentioned a few times in this thread, but wasn't able to find anything on google.

Badred

Dec 19, 2018
Tommy is more easy to fight than the new alpha, i dont remember his name.
In hard i give 5 hits and he loss.
Try playing it when the two arrow keys are the size of one finger lol. I had a better laptop before but it's motherboard burnt up so yeah....
And yeah turns out i had it on hard.

Reactions: Gh0st_Harambe

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
not sure if this is the right place to ask, but what's AL? I have seen it mentioned a few times in this thread, but wasn't able to find anything on google.
AL is Acting Lessons, DrPinkCake's previous game. I don't want to give any spoilers but feel like I have to warn you that there is a surprise ending that many don't like.

Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020
Try playing it when the two arrow keys are the size of one finger lol. I had a better laptop before but it's motherboard burnt up so yeah....
And yeah turns out i had it on hard.
I started playing Badik on my old notebook, and the keys were smaller than my current keyboard, beating Chad, Troy and Dawe was difficult, it cost me several tries all for a fucking steam achievement.

IcemanVincy85

Nov 14, 2020
Hi all,
I'm just post my first message on this forum. Just wanna say i love this game and i spend much time to play, just trying different paths and I'm curious about the plot in the next episode. I can't read all the message you wrote until now, just read the last 10 pages and i see some interesting idea but we need to wait and see what happens. I think the cliffhanger of the Maya's dad enter in the dorm it's quite interesting: maybe there will be a choice like Troy fight him or not, but it's not clear if MC join Maya and Josy in their dorm. I'm sad to see Mona leave but it's the consequences of her choice. I wish Tybalt stop blackmail Jill, but maybe we don't know the full story behind their relationship.

TheJoeFish

Oct 7, 2019
While I think it's important to remember Acting Lessons, a creator is more than just their first creation. Does some of the darker/heavier stuff that happens in that make it more likely that DPC might continue the trend in this game? Sure. But it's not going to follow the same beats. Bella being some crazy psycho or whatever shouldn't be any more likely than any other crazy theory just because of Leah in AL. The original game can certainly fuel speculation, but BaDIK is a very different story and very different setup.

Reactions: Cokebaths
4.80 star(s) 1,515 Votes