felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
"Debacle" for breaking the golden (unspoken) rule of these games; don't kill off a LI.

in AL there are 4 LI (in theory)

one is fake (leah)
one dies
and one is written and treated like a leper (Rena)

in AL there is only one LI, then we are free to make mistakes
:cry:

DPC overturns many of the rules

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
I have a question, does anyone know if the mod is going to allow to go for all the girls in a single playthrough without causing a paradox or a failure in the development of the story? I dont know if I have explained myself well but I hope so

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
As silly as the idea of fist fighting Maya’s father is on the surface... it does spark discussion about how the father might perceive the MC. Her father is abusive and controlling his gay daughters life by holding her hostage with debt due to her sexuality. MC turning up and defending her in a bullheaded “primal” way might speak to this bigot.

I don’t think the MC would fight him. Seems like it wouldn’t change anything, you can’t punch acceptance of his daughters sexuality into him... but if it made the father think Maya had a boyfriend who’s willing to throw down to do right by her he could begrudging earn his respect.
That's an interesting notion. We don't know a lot about Maya's dad, other than him being a serious asshole and allegedly religious. Still...
Maya_graduation.jpg
He does seem to approve of Derek. We know Derek gets good grades and it's likely Derek is less of the horndog goofball around his parents; he is a chameleon after all. But it's hard to believe that none of that would get through to his immediate family members, so perhaps Maya's dad does have a strong bias for traditional gender roles. In that case, a hotheaded MC might be less counterproductive than expected.

(As an aside, I can't look at that photo and not want to give Maya a big hug.)

I do have to wonder why Maya isn’t just turning up at home with MC and saying she’s been cured of lesbianism. It’s a half truth anyways.

Not like Derek wouldn’t vouch for MC and her being a real thing (they kinda are depending on the route) and it is believable that MC and Maya got together given Derek and MC being so close.

She wouldn’t be the first person to have a beard, or whatever the female equivalent is, to trick parents into thinking their kid was straight. Seems an obvious solution.
It does seem like an obvious solution now that the whole Josy situation is in the open. But I suspect that Maya thought the HOT tuition would make that unnecessary; why call more scrutiny on her or the MC if she can just pay off her nebulous 'debts' and be done with her dad once and or all.

Now that she knows the're no free tuition, it probably would be an option the three would discuss ... if Maya's dad doesn't force the issue with his visit. Still, Josy would have to keep a very low profile to make it work. That would be pretty unfair to her, and very tough on Maya in the friendship route. So at best it's a temporary solution, but it is an option if all else fails.

Of course, from an out-of-game perspective it's just one more thing that would feed the Maya hate, so hopefully it will be an option, not the only option.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
I have a question, does anyone know if the mod is going to allow to go for all the girls in a single playthrough without causing a paradox or a failure in the development of the story? I dont know if I have explained myself well but I hope so
That's to be expected in these kind of mods. I gues best modders work their magic after each release to reduce those continuity "bugs", but some dialogues will always feel odd if you actually read the game, as they're heavily dependant on variables "cheated" by the mod

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
It most certainly will eventually.

IcemanVincy85

Nov 14, 2020
As silly as the idea of fist fighting Maya’s father is on the surface... it does spark discussion about how the father might perceive the MC. Her father is abusive and controlling his gay daughters life by holding her hostage with debt due to her sexuality. MC turning up and defending her in a bullheaded “primal” way might speak to this bigot.

I don’t think the MC would fight him. Seems like it wouldn’t change anything, you can’t punch acceptance of his daughters sexuality into him... but if it made the father think Maya had a boyfriend who’s willing to throw down to do right by her he could begrudging earn his respect. I do have to wonder why Maya isn’t just turning up at home with MC and saying she’s been cured of lesbianism. It’s a half truth anyways.

Not like Derek wouldn’t vouch for MC and her being a real thing (they kinda are depending on the route) and it is believable that MC and Maya got together given Derek and MC being so close.

She wouldn’t be the first person to have a beard, or whatever the female equivalent is, to trick parents into thinking their kid was straight. Seems an obvious solution.
The last two episodes start with fistfighting, i don't know if ep.7 will be the same. Anyway was just a thought...i don't know if they see Maya's dad in the dorm or he find evidence of Josy and runaway before Maya, Josy and maybe MC return. We will know in the next episode.

Giaochino

Mar 5, 2019
It seems to me that the mod as it is right now doesn't allow this.
Let's take the Jill/Sage choice: mod allow to see both scenes, but in the final recap i got "I choose Sage over Jill" in both girls card maybe beacuse Sage scene is played "last". Same happende in ep.5 between Maya/Josy when Josy's father came to campus.
Hopefully when the game will be his in final state there will be a "complete" mod that will allow everything in a single playthruogh

Reactions: Gladheim

Sypher1976

Oct 24, 2020
The fighting mechanics are waaay over complicated in this game... Like ffs im using a laptop and have tiny arrow keys. I can't press the arrows fast enough without pressing 2 keys constantly. Please for the love of god make it easier or skippable...
Same thing in the mini-games, when you have to pick up trash in the Library, Drink Beers and Paint the fence. The borders are so small, even thou your mouse cursor is clearly in the lines, and you fail.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
it seems to me that DPC always uses the same scheme, like a Kansas City move ...

DPC creates a negative situation in which the MC is guilty, but the player is not, after it magnifies the gravity of this, then makes the MC, and therefore the player, face the consequences and feelings of guilt.

you may like it or not, but it works very well, you get very involved and very frustrated which pushes us to find a solution to a problem that we have not created.
That is correct. People who like to put themselves in MC's shoes, who can't play these games without feeling a personal identification with the MC, are prone to feel more moved by DPC's stories than those like me who try to put some distance and rationalize the facts and problems the devs throw at us. Because, honestly, most of DPC's drama can't stand a serious, cold anaylisis, as they would have been easily solved with just a little bit of common sense from the characters involved. But he doesn't allow them to do so, and if you're sucked into the story you'll probably won't mind either

Reactions: felicemastronzo

Sypher1976

Oct 24, 2020
That scene was waaay too dramatic to be her just moving from her dorm to the HOTs house. Kinda like that ridiculous scene in 300 where some dude is riding his horse to epic music in slow motion and when he arrives he just gets off his horse and hands a letter to someone. WTF?!
Yea, I think she was leaving in the dead of night. I mean most people move during the day, and have friends help them. She's leaving so no one sees her.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes