yngve

Oct 28, 2018
Shes over 18, she can change her life if she wants too, jesus christ you guys act like shes a child who needs protection 24/7.
dude, the girl is being abused psychologically by his father because of who she is
don't try to pretend you are like a psychopath unable to understand/empathize dude come on, picture yourself in her place

and afaik DPC -as me- lives in a country were having to pay for education is an aberration, maybe he is trying to make a point about how it should be free on the u.s. too or something

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I like that too and Josy u know hehehe, but Jill is more huge and weight/heavy? i doubt the Mc cand hold her hahaha :p
The MC manages it with Riona as well, but she's just skin and bone so probably doesn't way much more than li'l Josy. Mind you, he did manage this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Cracks me up every time, she's just too big for our boy.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
dude, the girl is being abused psychologically by his father because of who she is
don't try to pretend you are like a psychopath unable to understand/empathize dude come on, picture yourself in her place

and afaik DPC -as me- lives in a country were having to pay for education is an aberration, maybe he is trying to make a point about how it should be free on the u.s. too or something
Can't tell you how often I despair at seeing people who can't seem to grasp Maya's situation and lack the ability to see things from her perspective. I often liken her situation to that of a victim of domestic abuse, but without the physical side because in those cases where a woman, or a man, are being abused by their partner, there's a lot of psychological abuse that goes on there.

The abuser makes their partner feel worthless, like no-one will ever love them or consider them of any value, thus making them feel dependent on their abuser. But then they'll also have moments where the victim feels they're treating them nicely and that only they can provide them this validation, which is why you get the whole, "you don't know him/her like I do", because their partner conditions them to think that they actually care about them, but they don't.

This is what I feel like Maya is going through and it honestly is quite distressing to see people who think that it's easy for someone like her to just "grow up" and "be an adult". :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Does anyone know if liking individual clucks has any bearing on the story/plot? I know certain responses can give you +/- RP with characters, but my assumption is likes don't do anything. Just want to make sure so I don't miss anything...or worse, fuck things up with a character I'm pursuing.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020

All things considered, Maya seems pretty well adjusted. She's sociable, flirtatious, funny and does well as school. She's a little behind in the sexual experience department (but not everyone beds five new girls per week), and she's handling the whole threesome experience with an open mind. So I wouldn't say her overbearing, religious father has had much of a psychological impact on her other than she wanted to keep her lesbian tendencies from public knowledge. So basically she just has a financial problem, like almost every young adult ever. Her situation just requires a bit of suspension of disbelief to enable it to be a drama DPC wants it to be, and then we just keep moving on with the story.

Reactions: DavDR

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Does anyone know if liking individual clucks has any bearing on the story/plot? I know certain responses can give you +/- RP with characters, but my assumption is likes don't do anything. Just want to make sure so I don't miss anything...or worse, fuck things up with a character I'm pursuing.
Certain responses to clucks definitely modify your relationships (each time you offend the jocks, upset Tybalt, respond favorably to friends etc). Not sure about hitting the like button though.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kellermann

IDKAM

Aug 17, 2018
Can someone help me?? I Downloaded the cheat mod but Josy and Maya still Rejects me. Last time I played this game they accepted me but now I dunno what happen :/

yngve

Oct 28, 2018
All things considered, Maya seems pretty well adjusted. She's sociable, flirtatious, funny and does well as school. She's a little behind in the sexual experience department (but not everyone beds five new girls per week), and she's handling the whole threesome experience with an open mind. So I wouldn't say her overbearing, religious father has had much of a psychological impact on her other than she wanted to keep her lesbian tendencies from public knowledge. So basically she just has a financial problem, like almost every young adult ever. Her situation just requires a bit of suspension of disbelief to enable it to be a drama DPC wants it to be, and then we just keep moving on with the story.
no, dude, you cannot know how much damage it's done on a person abused, even less if his parent is the abuser, even less if the abuse is still going, come on

yngve

Oct 28, 2018
I just need to quote this cause everyone should read it

even besides of the context of this game, READ THIS EVERYONE, is quite important:
Can't tell you how often I despair at seeing people who can't seem to grasp Maya's situation and lack the ability to see things from her perspective. I often liken her situation to that of a victim of domestic abuse, but without the physical side because in those cases where a woman, or a man, are being abused by their partner, there's a lot of psychological abuse that goes on there.

The abuser makes their partner feel worthless, like no-one will ever love them or consider them of any value, thus making them feel dependent on their abuser. But then they'll also have moments where the victim feels they're treating them nicely and that only they can provide them this validation, which is why you get the whole, "you don't know him/her like I do", because their partner conditions them to think that they actually care about them, but they don't.

This is what I feel like Maya is going through and it honestly is quite distressing to see people who think that it's easy for someone like her to just "grow up" and "be an adult". :rolleyes:

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
The MC manages it with Riona as well, but she's just skin and bone so probably doesn't way much more than li'l Josy. Mind you, he did manage this:
Cracks me up every time, she's just too big for our boy.
Shit, i cant play the video on the ipad... what is it?

ChipLecsap

Forum Fanatic
Aug 4, 2019
;)
Still annoyed that my MC had to miss out on this awesome sex scene because it didn't feel right to ditch Maya at the party. :mad:
and I'm still annoyed that there was no Spanking. Josy's ass is just begging for spanking,make those ass cheeks red, and put a finger in tha butt hole :devilish:

Last edited:

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
no, dude, you cannot know how much damage it's done on a person abused, even less if his parent is the abuser, even less if the abuse is still going, come on
If you consider every interaction with Maya, she handles most things quite well. The only time she seems to compromise herself is to get the mc to the DIK CUMpetition party. She's definitely manipulated there by Quinn because she's desperate to get the free tuition and then after the night she feels ashamed for what she did to the mc (even if he was nice to her at the party). Chatting with the mc that night she gets angry about being judged (basically by her family and most likely just her dad), and then she starts making out with the mc (she initiates it). In most conversations with her and the mc, she's the assertive and in charge. When it comes to the night of Josy's arrival, Maya decides she wants to go the whole nine yards with the MC, it's her decision and she wants it. I don't see a psychological mess of a girl here, she's probably one of the more normal characters in the story. She just wants to get out from under her dad's control, and as an adult, she has the means to do so. The whole co-signed loan situation is contrived and frustrating, and if it wasn't for that simple contrivance, she'd be living the good life.

Reactions: Raziel_8

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
If you consider every interaction with Maya, she handles most things quite well. The only time she seems to compromise herself is to get the mc to the DIK CUMpetition party. She's definitely manipulated there by Quinn because she's desperate to get the free tuition and then after the night she feels ashamed for what she did to the mc (even if he was nice to her at the party). Chatting with the mc that night she gets angry about being judged (basically by her family and most likely just her dad), and then she starts making out with the mc (she initiates it). In most conversations with her and the mc, she's the assertive and in charge. When it comes to the night of Josy's arrival, Maya decides she wants to go the whole nine yards with the MC, it's her decision and she wants it. I don't see a psychological mess of a girl here, she's probably one of the more normal characters in the story. She just wants to get out from under her dad's control, and as an adult, she has the means to do so. The whole co-signed loan situation is contrived and frustrating, and if it wasn't for that simple contrivance, she'd be living the good life.
Seeming to be perfectly normal and well-adjusted on the outside doesn't necessarily mean she hasn't suffered years of psychological abuse at the hands of her Dad. Very often you'll find that this is a front they put up to hide it, but you can still recognise signs that all is not right with them. I'd say that that moment in Ep 2 after the cum-petition is where you see that Maya really come out (pardon the pun) because it's a moment of weakness where the mask slips and you see just how traumatised she is.

Plus, let's face it, whose parents haven't given their kids a few mental scars growing up? Parents influence their kids' psychological and emotional development more than anything else, so when you have a parent who is particularly abusive towards this aspect of their growth, then it can have the kind of effects you're seeing in Maya.

Last edited:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Overall I agree that Maya is pretty well adjusted considering. But I've also said before that I think Maya's initial portrayal, which is much more confident and flirtatious than she acts in Episode 3+, is something of a facade. The real Maya aspires to be that person, but she falls short because she's an intensely private girl with a mountain of inexperience and self-doubt. When she barely knew the MC it was easy to 'fake confidence.' As she got to know him, it became a lot harder.

The reason she leans so heavily on the MC now is that he's one of the few people she's opened up to that turned out to be trustworthy. That's why her flirtatious 'act' fades as she gets to know him better, at least until very recently. It's also why she was so conflicted about trying to explain the situation with Josy.

Maya's sexual orientation was her biggest secret, and she learned the hard way that she needed to keep it secret. There was no way to explain everything to the MC without revealing that, and if he rejected her over it she'd lose her only remaining confidant. (Other than Derek, but I get the impression there are limits to how helpful Derek can be on the topic of love or sex). By the time Maya was able to admit the whole truth, it was too late.

None of which is to excuse her behavior: what Maya did was wrong no matter her reasons, and she knew that. (To her credit, she does admit her mistake in the library scene - one of the few bits that rang true, IMHO). But I do think it shows that Maya has problems beyond just her poorly conceptualized financial issue. The real question is if the game will work as hard to address these shortcomings as it does to fix her debt.

4.80 star(s) 1,501 Votes