AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
I tried the lastest version o BaDik (0.6.1) on my linux but when you call the script the system launch an error with ¿permission on the lib folder?

Code:
$ ./BeingADIK.sh
./BeingADIK.sh: 88: exec: /home/neji/Descargas/VN/BeingADIK-0.6.1/lib/linux-x86_64/BeingADIK: Permission denied
Even if you create a launcher for the game the error is still launched. ¿Anybody has the same with Linux? I'm using Lubuntu 20.04 LTS by the way. With 0.6.0 version I have not received any error.
Access as a super user although I recommend something, try to create a partition and download things in that partition so you will avoid these problems since you are not downloading a file from the Linux root

Or move the game folder to another folder and try to open it again

Tigryss

Jun 9, 2020
Interesting...
I found the game save folder in same location as well..
However, it's only got the 6.1 saves for me.. (and the ones I copied over manually earlier.)
New "feature" maybe?

Did extracting the game to a different location help, or still got same issues?
I get the same issue if I move the saves from User directory somewhere else. And extract the game in a separate directory and copy only the 5.0 final save.

Dashxp4k

Aug 17, 2019
We'll probably see when BaDik finishes, what his next project will be about, if it's sci fi or D&G-like. It's gonna be a big no for me.
I am not usually interested in that type of vn but for what DPC represents capable I will give it a chance.

In a future after Being a DIK will you consider developing another game? And if that's the case will it still be based on our age and culture or will you try something that you've never done, like environments of past or the future and unknown stories?

When Acting Lessons was completed I went in a totally different direction with Being a DIK. Players had high expectations from me and I often read that I never could top what I did in Acting Lessons. I'm sure that I will hear the same about Being a DIK in the future.

I didn't want to write another Acting Lessons, because anything I write will always be compared to what I have previously written. I don't write to compete with myself or anyone else, I just want to tell engaging stories. That's why I love the idea of changing settings between games. I currently have 3 settings in mind that I could make future games of, but I can't disclose any of these ideas since there are a lot of copy cats in this world.

If I do another game after this long journey, that is Being a DIK, it will be something different and have a smaller cast. I prefer modern time settings and something you probably won't see from me ever are futuristic, science fiction and space settings; it's rare for me to enjoy any media in those genres.

Dr PinkCake
There wont be sci-fi versions after BADIK

fakitap

Aug 1, 2017
Now after reading all that, is anyone still of the opinion that if they were the mc, they would get all angry at Maya and Josy because they didn't want to continue a romantic relationship with him and preferred to be just friends? The motherfucker has bitches lined up from one side of campus to the other, is he really gonna be bummed out because 2, out of 15 babes he was banging didn't want to continue getting jiggy with him?
Pretty sure that's the exact same DIK-playthrough I had so far and yeah, I don't really get people playing a DIK MC being mad about getting rejected by the two.
In all honesty I never even understood why DIK-MC runs away once Josy shows up. All he would potentially have to criticize if your MC, like in my playthrough, always tried to be honest with people (telling Maya he is visiting a girl he had a crush on, telling Josy he is staying with a girl he's into etc. pp., I think in this playthrough I only ever lied about hooking up with Jade and Cathy cause that would be far too likely to ruin their lives if it gets out) then at most he could be annoyed with Maya for her whole "are you honest with me 100% of the time?" nonsense and how she wasn't as honest as she expected MC to be. But honestly? That can easily be solved by just listening to her reason for lying and then going "Sure, still not a good way to start off a friendly relationship with people you have already lied to and plan to continue to lie to at that point, but it's not really any skin off my back." rather than going full dramaqueen and running away without even taking any of his things.

Now CHICK-MC, if he specifically went for Josy, Maya or both would have far more of a valid reason but even then, the whole running away thing kinda made him seem like a primadonna. But then again, as many people mentioned before: Soap Opera. Need some good old exaggerated drama.

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
Proud of you guys:
Being a DIK.png
Pretty good torrent speed. I'll seed it at the same speed I downloaded it for a while.

Frostvred

Jan 21, 2019
I get the same issue if I move the saves from User directory somewhere else. And extract the game in a separate directory and copy only the 5.0 final save.
How odd... o0

I prolly should've asked earlier..

Have you got the latest redistributables installed?

Like Visual C++ packages, and so on?

• Haha
Reactions: Tigryss

markblazes

Jun 16, 2020
Hey all, can anybody tell me if there are different outcomes during that rain scene with Sage? I keep getting a "No" every time I tried to kiss her in that scene. I know there's different outcomes with Quinn in that scene, she could either reject your help or accept it. Not sure bout Sage though. (Sorry for bad English)

fakitap

Aug 1, 2017
Hey all, can anybody tell me if there are different outcomes during that rain scene with Sage? I keep getting a "No" every time I tried to kiss her in that scene. I know there's different outcomes with Quinn in that scene, she could either reject your help or accept it. Not sure bout Sage though. (Sorry for bad English)
There are no different outcomes for Sage. No matter your relationship with her and no matter what you say she isn't in the mood to kiss you right after a breakup, so no need to worry because she refused; it's normal.

Frostvred

Jan 21, 2019
I've only ever gotten the big fat nope on every one of my playthroughs..
Even on my Sage dedicated run, and both Chick and DIK.
I think it's safe to assume she'll deny the kiss no matter what.

I tried to get different outcomes multiple times, but ended up reasoning with myself;
Maybe it's to cut down the length of the scene, so you don't miss bumping into Quinn in the "timeline".
Dunno. ><

There is always a chance that there is a trigger I've missed. But I don't know jack of Renpy code to look into it msyelf. ><

Reactions: markblazes

fakitap

Aug 1, 2017
I know, right? It's more in-character for DIK-MC to be kicked out for asking if you can watch them together than running away
Yeah I would have loved if MC could have just looked at both, heard that they are girlfriends and then gone:
"So the girl I had sex with and that's still into me and the girl that I almost banged and that's also clearly into me...are also into each other? Well shit, however shall we overcome this terrible problem?" only for him to silently drop his pants at the end of that sentence and give them a shit-eating grin :ROFLMAO:

markblazes

Jun 16, 2020
Alright, thanks for answering my question lads. I was afraid I was derailed from my Sage route playthrough, and I would have to redo some stuff.

Reactions: Frostvred

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Pretty sure that's the exact same DIK-playthrough I had so far and yeah, I don't really get people playing a DIK MC being mad about getting rejected by the two.
In all honesty I never even understood why DIK-MC runs away once Josy shows up. All he would potentially have to criticize if your MC, like in my playthrough, always tried to be honest with people (telling Maya he is visiting a girl he had a crush on, telling Josy he is staying with a girl he's into etc. pp., I think in this playthrough I only ever lied about hooking up with Jade and Cathy cause that would be far too likely to ruin their lives if it gets out) then at most he could be annoyed with Maya for her whole "are you honest with me 100% of the time?" nonsense and how she wasn't as honest as she expected MC to be. But honestly? That can easily be solved by just listening to her reason for lying and then going "Sure, still not a good way to start off a friendly relationship with people you have already lied to and plan to continue to lie to at that point, but it's not really any skin off my back." rather than going full dramaqueen and running away without even taking any of his things.

Now CHICK-MC, if he specifically went for Josy, Maya or both would have far more of a valid reason but even then, the whole running away thing kinda made him seem like a primadonna. But then again, as many people mentioned before: Soap Opera. Need some good old exaggerated drama.
you are absolutely right, as it makes little sense that taking Quinn's number is a Major Choice, using his services not (while for example every time we fight it costs us affinity points)

I believe that basically the restaurant is considered a kind of bonus, since it is also very rewarding to participate (with free drinks for the best customers) and for this reason it is quite unpunished.

the example you gave is the most obvious, MC leaves Maya with an excuse, goes to Quinn for threesome, comes back and complains about the girls behavior

and I would assume that at most the proximity to Quinn will be punished, but not the restaurant as such (although it is a game where the specter of some blackmail is constant)

Kakoli55

Jun 2, 2020
Alright, I hope this should be a more easily digestible version of the "Mansion Restoration Minigame"-guide I posted before.

It is neither the optimal nor by any means the only way to finish the restoration, but it is improbable that the restoration can be finished in 5 assignment sessions (after the tutorial) unless we either get a massive reduction of restoration-stats needed or a massive amount of funds ($20 or more, not including Bellas or Tommys future jobs).
Thus this gives an option for finishing in either 6 assignments (this will not only require tedious work-rerolling but also relies on story-jobs giving us extra $ in the future) or in 7 assignments (with almost no job-rerolling and not a single story-job in episode 7 needed) for people that don't feel like calculating it themselves or worrying about potentially spending the XP in episode 6 "incorrectly".

PS: It seems like if we do get 7 assignments to finish, then it would easily be possible to complete the restoration without ever turning the VIP pass into $10. Just food for thought.
Hit me up should you notice any errors and I will fix them.
(Edit: thanks to chronomate for pointing out that the XP gained were previously not correct. fixed.)
ı dont know ıs there somethıng wrong ın my game but after the allocatıng the 150xp ın assıngment 3 jacob ıs not able to clean 2F closet alone

fakitap

Aug 1, 2017
ı dont know ıs there somethıng wrong ın my game but after the allocatıng the 150xp ın assıngment 3 jacob ıs not able to clean 2F closet alone
That was a problem I was recently informed of and the points have been reallocated accordingly. Namely you want to give the 3 cleaning points given to Rusty early on to Jacob instead (they repair the same room so it's no difference). The original posts file has been updated with these changes, sorry for the inconvenience.
Post regarding that same problem in case you care about the exact steps taken to fix this.

Savitar Yadav

May 14, 2018
I followed the instructions and copied the files from patch to game folder, But It is giving me error, and the version written on bottom is still not changed. It still shows v0.5.2. Someone please Help.

4.80 star(s) 1,515 Votes