shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
No, I'm saying that the situation could be agreeing to go with Jill first and then getting Sage's call. That's still a hard decision, but there's a difference, it's not a sick friend+a promise vs hanging out, it's a sick friend vs a promise, and in this case it would make more sense for a Chick to pick either morally speaking. And Sage could still be pissed you prefer hanging out instead of helping her, not as pissed, but she could still rethink things and do whatever DPC wants her to do next in that scenario.
Now I get it, you’re saying the world events should revolve around the main characters personality so as to not generate conflicting scenarios? As opposed to the main character having to deal with random world events regardless of his personality?

Reactions: ChipLecsap

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
No, he is saying Sage's call for help should have come after Jill's proposal. Having a CHICK MC to choose between staying true to his word given to a friend in need and going out wth a girl he's interested in (a girl who apparently shares that CHICK personality that should put friendship and honesty above all) is just cruel if it's intended. If it's not, it shows a bad DIK-CHICK system implementation that leads to bad characterization.

A CHICK person, as it's shown during the game, is loyal, polite, supportive of his friends and tries to do what is socially correct. He has already promised to go and help out a sick friend. Then another friend, a romantic interest but also a person who share those traits, comes out of the blue to ask you for a hangout and you don't know what's actually behind that proposal (a last dance before parting ways with you that forces you to declare your love for her). A consistent, coherent and uninformed CHICK would choose to go to Sage. Now, if Jill asks you out and then a second later Sage calls you for help, that's an actual dilemma for a CHICK
I’m sorry but that’s ridiculous to expect world events to cater to the mc’d personality...

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Now I get it, you’re saying the world events should revolve around the main characters personality so as to not generate conflicting scenarios? As opposed to the main character having to deal with random world events regardless of his personality?
But the point is that those scenarios forces the player to go against his characterization! How can a CHICK MC be penalized by the most CHICK LI for making a CHICK decision, according to what the game has taught us a CHICK is?

Reactions: rj677
Oct 7, 2020
It's clearly more than some selfish desire to hang onto his maggot brother required for Hell week. Derek considers the MC his friend & wants to spend time with him at every opportunity.

I certainly wouldn't be revealing intimate secrets of my immediate family to some guy I met a week ago, even if we're friends. Who'd throw their family under the bus? Derek warns the MC off his sister from the start, he can't do much more without betraying his sisters confidence. The MC already knows she's in a relationship & carries on anyway. This is one occasion where I'd do the same as Derek & keep the secret, it's not his to tell.

Yes? He's trying to help his friend have some fun to take his mind off the drama. It's stupid, but that doesn't mean Derek isn't being a bro.

No doubt he's also eager for the MC to move on, because he's not at all keen on him dating his sister regardless of the circumstances.

It's not about the effort, it's the motivation. Derek wants everyone to celebrate his friends b'day. It's not like Derek is getting anything out of it beyond partying with his friends.

No debate there, Derek constantly acts like an idiot. A friendly, well meaning idiot. I wouldn't be able to stand Derek in IRL, but I'm not the MC. I wouldn't make many of the choices the MC makes either.

Derek knows next to nothing about MCs relationship with Jill & certainly didn't know about the piano or it's importance to her. If anything the fault is with the MC here, he's the one who's aware of that stuff but doesn't do anything to halt Derek. From Derek's perspective he's just pranking the preps, which all the DIKs including the MC are onboard with.

He's no Liam, but he's certainly got the MCs back & is a solid party-boy wing-man. I like him well enough for the comic relief.
well said

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
Was sick yesterday and finally got around to catching up with this game. Hammered out eps 4-6. And man, 5 and 6, things are taking a turn, huh? I like the tension thats come from the consequences of actions. Definitely going to have to think more on future choices. Kind of feel like an ass for sharing the video of Jade now, though.

My only real complaint was how choosing to help Quinn after she got mugged led to a forced sex scene with her. Would've like a choice on that. Save scumming solved that, though.

All in all. I gotta say. Hell of a game. Looks great. Animations are great. Music is great. (I still have the Bella song from ep5 in my head. Such a damn good song.) Can't wait for more. Can't wait to hate waiting for more.

Reactions: shazba

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Exactly. The world shouldn’t be designed around he MC’s personality.
if the premises are that unexpected things happen in life and that people sometimes behave in an illogical and inconsistent way, then writing a realistic story becomes really, really easy.

I don't support the position of moskyx and Wizard_Shiryuu , because I don't believe in the DIk-Chick system, it's so vague that I don't give it any meaning.

but if the behaviors between two characters do not take into account the "values" that these two characters have shown up to that moment, everyone can do anything

Jill can hire a killer (Bella?) and have Tybalt killed, in life even good people sometimes do very bad gestures

Sage can ask Mc to convince Chad to participate in a threesome, for love sometimes people do strange things

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
But this is not life, this is a scripted game in which characters are not acting the way they have been portrayed so far and the consequences of the choices presented are not consistent with that characterization.

Ok, let's accept MC promise Sage and then Jill appears. Do you agree that going to Sage (keeping a promise to a friend in need) is more CHICK than ditching her? Then why you can't explain yourself properly to Jill, and why do you lose points with the most CHICK girl?

The game is constantly cheating itself

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
No, you still don't.
I don't support the position of moskyx and Wizard_Shiryuu , because I don't believe in the DIk-Chick system, it's so vague that I don't give it any meaning.
I think a personality system could be fine if properly implemented, but I agree that this way is too vague.

Reactions: ename144

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
if the premises are that unexpected things happen in life and that people sometimes behave in an illogical and inconsistent way, then writing a realistic story becomes really, really easy.

but if the behaviors between two characters do not take into account the "values" that these two characters have shown up to that moment, everyone can do anything
Very much this. There's a thin line between unexpected turns and incongruent plots

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020

Jill can hire a killer (Bella?) and have Tybalt killed, in life even good people sometimes do very bad gestures

Sage can ask Mc to convince Chad to participate in a threesome, for love sometimes people do strange things
Are you saying Jill getting quietly upset when she put together a picnic for the MC (but graciously accepting the rejection) is out of character?

Reactions: BenMeiffert

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
But this is not life, this is a scripted game in which characters are not acting the way they have been portrayed so far and the consequences of the choices presented are not consistent with that characterization.

Ok, let's accept MC promise Sage and then Jill appears. Do you agree that going to Sage (keeping a promise to a friend in need) is more CHICK than ditching her? Then why you can't explain yourself properly to Jill, and why do you lose points with the most CHICK girl?

The game is constantly cheating itself
The Mc does explain to Jill and she accepts it, of course she’s presented to still be a human who put together a picnic for someone she likes for his birthday and she got rejected, she’s going to feel let down even if she understands.

Firaxius

Aug 13, 2020
No, you still don't.

I think a personality system could be fine if properly implemented, but I agree that this way is too vague.
From the dik and chick system i noticed though difference in sentences, on some points you would say different sentences, like dik side would be more rude, direct and not sparing feelings, while chick side are more respectfull and considered sentences you would say. Also it impact on points ya get with some girls, like with Sage is dik side more wanted while Maya and Josy or more in between and Jill and Bella are more chick sided.

Reactions: Wizard_Shiryuu

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Are you saying Jill getting quietly upset when she put together a picnic for the MC (but graciously accepting the rejection) is out of character?

ask them this, I said it's okay for me, then you talk about a scene that for me is the second worst scene in the game (Tybalt's blackmail) where Jill acts like a little girl, so she can consistently do any nonsense

but I can't stand the "in life it happens" motivation to justify anything

Reactions: ename144

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
It is at least shocking when that means a -4 point difference (at least) plus a flag set for future events, as well as keeping the MC unaware of Tybalt machinations and unable to tell her he loves her, all of that for staying true to his CHICK side which is what she finds attractive in him

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes