Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020
Yes, I always find it off-putting having to read through a sex narration because that unfortunately just makes me imagine the unsightly, rotund, bespectacled programmer sitting at his computer in a smelly room typing out his deviant sexual fantasies. I don't want to be reminded that it's him talking to me instead of the AVN girl. When it comes to sex scenes, show don't tell.
It's one of the main issues with Become a Rock Star. Girls are hot like hell but god lord, it's like looking a movie with audio description. :sleep:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
I'm a Sage guy myself, but I can at least see the appeal of the other main LIs. Maya/Josy are my friends only so luckily I don't have to worry about choosing between them. I like Bella primarily for her mystery storyline. And I dare not speak poorly of Jill so as not to provoke the ire of Gladheim. :giggle:
You should know that not only am I a fan of Jill, I like all of them, some more and others less, but in general all of them. The main top 5 plus some sidegirls. Only that I dont criticize the others to magnify my favorites, only one, Quinn but because she is a bad person haha :KEK:

Joey's Conscience

Sep 28, 2020
To me, Josy has the worst LI storyline by a lot. You boot up the game and MC and her just like each other, but that never transfered to me as a player. There was very little development compared to the other girls, and what was there came off to me as she being way too flirtatious for someone in a relationship.
So yeah, I wouldnt mind it too much if I had to choose, it would be easy Maya

ExDeath730

Jan 29, 2018
To me, Josy has the worst LI storyline by a lot. You boot up the game and MC and her just like each other, but that never transfered to me as a player. There was very little development compared to the other girls, and what was there came off to me as she being way too flirtatious for someone in a relationship.
Josy's storyline has some big issues for me.

The first one is how she and the MC were never really friends. They worked together but the guy was scared to even talk to the girl. I know what DPC was trying to show with that, but it makes their connection so fragile.

After that, my second issue is how the girl doesn't have her own storyline. She never was her own character, because since coming to B&R she is basically a plus in Maya's storyline.

At this point while other LIs are showing more sides and getting more interesting, she is kind of eclipsed. So yeah, i get why most people in their path are in it for Maya.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Even without any explanation, I feel that the MC's initial feelings for Josy, and even hers for him, are entirely understandable and relatable. Anyone who's ever had a school crush, or a work crush, or a summer crush, should be able to recognise in the MC those same feelings of admiring someone from afar, of being infatuated with someone without really knowing much about them. The physical attraction is there, and you might exchange the odd word or two, and you get a good feeling about them, but neither of you are confident enough to make the first move. That's how I'd say it feels with Josy, that they both have an attraction to each other but are both too timid to make the first move; Josy because she's technically still with Maya, and the MC because he's worried she'll reject him.

Josy does, however, need some more character development because she was largely absent for the first season, and so far in this season she's been something of Maya's wingwoman. She hasn't yet got a chance to really shine as a solo act so hopefully we'll get some much needed one-on-one time with her in Ep 7 (but not at the expense of Maya being taken away :cry:). Would also be good to get some insight into their (M&J) relationship before this, particularly before they first hooked up, because I've always got the sense that Josy just did what she did on the camping trip for fun and to experiment because her and Maya were friends so she thought nothing of it, but Maya took it very seriously and that Josy somewhat fell into a relationship with Maya that she never intended to have.

Last edited:

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
Even without any explanation, I feel that the MC's initial feelings for Josy, and even hers for him, are entirely understandable and relatable. Anyone who's ever had a school crush, or a work crush, or a summer crush, should be able to recognise in the MC those same feelings of admiring someone from afar, of being infatuated with someone without really knowing much about them. The physical attraction is there, and you might exchange the odd word or two, and you get a good feeling about them, but neither of you are confident enough to make the first move. That's how I'd say it feels with Josy, that they both have an attraction to each other but are both too timid to make the first move; Josy because she's technically still with Maya, and the MC because he's worried she'll reject him.

Josy does, however, need some more character development because she was largely absent for the first season, and so far in this season she's been something of Maya's wingwoman. She hasn't yet got a chance to really shine as a solo act so hopefully we'll get some much needed one-on-one time with her in Ep 7 (but not at the expnse of Maya being taken away :cry:). Would also be good to get some insight into their (M&J) relationship before this, particularly before they first hooked up, because I've always got the sense that Josy just did what she did on the camping trip for fun and to experiment because her and Maya were friends so she thought nothing of it, but Maya took it very seriously and that Josy somewhat fell into a relationship with Maya that she never intended to have.
I have had dozens of crushes like Josy in my entire life and I felt very identified with Mc. For something Josy is one of my favorites, without having a character arc developed (yet) his personality and her body/face, oooff She drive me crazy.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

Josy does, however, need some more character development because she was largely absent for the first season, and so far in this season she's been something of Maya's wingwoman. She hasn't yet got a chance to really shine as a solo act so hopefully we'll get some much needed one-on-one time with her in Ep 7 (but not at the expnse of Maya being taken away :cry:). Would also be good to get some insight into their (M&J) relationship before this, particularly before they first hooked up, because I've always got the sense that Josy just did what she did on the camping trip for fun and to experiment because her and Maya were friends so she thought nothing of it, but Maya took it very seriously and that Josy somewhat fell into a relationship with Maya that she never intended to have.
Josy's problem was just that.

the initial characterization is perfect, the summer crush, or more precisely the late summer crush, that girl you can talk to a few days before the holidays end and you have to leave. a universal situation in which everyone recognizes themselves.

and remains a character continuously present despite the distance, messages, phone calls .. Josy is there in all the first days of BR, when MC thinks of leaving college he wants to go back to her.

then the fireworks of the third episode and since then the void

first the mess of 4, in which Josy is almost as much spectator as we the players, and then the disastrous consequences of 5 (if the proposal is refused, otherwise free sex)

from the third chapter onwards for Josy there was either the role of lady-in-waiting for Maya or bad figures with bad dialogues.

in the sixth DPC made her pigtails to point her out.

the only big event that could involve her is Maya's father, again Maya, even her stepbrother Tommy has forgotten that she is at BR.

but it is always part of the problem of carrying on different stories in a non-homogeneous way, with continuous runs and stops

Last edited:

horusxcaen82

Mar 20, 2018
this might sound a bit corny but while they aren't really innocent persay, I feel like this relationship between the 3 of them is innocent in a way, Maya is experiencing things for the first time, Josy is like her coach and the MC I truly believe cares deeply since he's met both of them. I also realized that I shouldn't worry about missing out on the other girls, because I can go back and watch the scenes I missed later, might do that soonish cause I need my fix :p

Joey's Conscience

Sep 28, 2020
Yes, the "crush from afar" situation is understandable and relatable, but the way it was done just never let me connect. One of the strenghts of a game like this is making you feel like you're in the MC's shoes, and it creates a big disconnect between player and character when the game goes "MC likes this girl you know nothing about".
With the other girls, you go through the whole process. Meet them, befriend them, grow closer, romance them. By now, it's not just the MC that cares for the characters, I, as the player, care too. However, I never managed to care for Josy. They tried to have the bonding moments in the beginning, but it was too fast, and then she's gone for too long. She needed more development imo.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Yes, the "crush from afar" situation is understandable and relatable, but the way it was done just never let me connect. One of the strenghts of a game like this is making you feel like you're in the MC's shoes, and it creates a big disconnect between player and character when the game goes "MC likes this girl you know nothing about".
With the other girls, you go through the whole process. Meet them, befriend them, grow closer, romance them. By now, it's not just the MC that cares for the characters, I, as the player, care too. However, I never managed to care for Josy. They tried to have the bonding moments in the beginning, but it was too fast, and then she's gone for too long. She needed more development imo.
in my opinion only with Maya can we talk about a relationship that develops with "normal" times, we meet, talk to each other, offer us hospitality etc etc

with Josy: she is a crush, there is little to tell about the crushes

with Jill: it's a miracle, she meets MC in quite extreme moments and she is making all the effort to get to know MC.

with Sage: from strangers to fuckbuddy with a guitar lesson

with Bella: from naked stalker behind a bush to passionate lover for recognizing a song on the radio

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Yeah, I didn't really start warming up to Josy until the last couple of episodes. She seemed sort of bland and meh throughout the first four episodes and then suddenly she gets sexy and I'm thinking, wow, I really want to install my RAM stick inside her DIMM slot. I'm even considering doing a Josy-only playthrough as I'm trying to do with all of the main LIs.

Reactions: shazba

obibobi

May 10, 2017
I actually like Josy as character but as others have pointed out her arc is smothered by her association with Maya and I can't bring myself to care for Maya's for the same reason. 3some's may be hot but the whole 3 way relationship just doesn't feel right.

Going back the story may have have worked better if Josy was Bi and Maya was primary lesbos and just your friend, that season 3 ending could have had a conflicted Josy that causes the awkwardness.

But you can't change those things now. If anything Josy should be like the fucking Kaiser Soze of BAD, just go full madness and make her the mastermind behind all the conflicts and wrongdoing. Why you ask? she liked a Dik at the start of the game.

Reactions: shazba

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
but I think it's likely, I just don't understand its usefulness this time
another step in making the BADIK universe ever more compact

3 families, 4 teachers (of which 2 do not teach but do other things), 1 tree

we stone those who imagine an incestuous situation, but that at least would make sense, it would add something. (there will not be incest here)

and we still don't know if MC knows the mother's surname, we hope she signed at the end of the diary ..
It seems almost certain that he would know his mother's surname as it's required for certain government documents. I don't remember for exactly but I believe a social security number application requires it, and in most states a birth certificate is required to get a driver's license, so he would have seen that as well.

ExDeath730

Jan 29, 2018
I actually like Josy as character but as others have pointed out her arc is smothered by her association with Maya and I can't bring myself to care for Maya's for the same reason. 3some's may be hot but the whole 3 way relationship just doesn't feel right.

Going back the story may have have worked better if Josy was Bi and Maya was primary lesbos and just your friend, that season 3 ending could have had a conflicted Josy that causes the awkwardness.

But you can't change those things now. If anything Josy should be like the fucking Kaiser Soze of BAD, just go full madness and make her the mastermind behind all the conflicts and wrongdoing. Why you ask? she liked a Dik at the start of the game.
I think Josy is always bi, Maya was the one who thought she was only a lesbian. That's the big difference between the two of them, and why Josy is a lot more open to sex than Maya is.

If we have some kind of Keyser Soze in the story, it's easier to be Maya, there's more things pointing to this possibility than Josy. I know this is DPC we're talking about, but that would be a hell of an asspull.

der123fer

Donor
Aug 8, 2020
I get where you're coming from, but I wouldn't call it 'just like'. She is pretty, and the MC just fell for her during the summer, it's called a crush, it's normal for a crush to start with the appearance and then go from there. Her only drawback was being closely tied to Maya in terms of her arc, but she slowly starts showing something at least e.g. talking with a girl in the cafeteria, having a different haircut, etc. It has not been much lately, but I am sure that her character arc will evolve in the next episode thanks to Maya's father

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes