Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
It’s cynical as fuck but a lot of my problems with this stories writing isn’t because DPC can’t write, it’s because I personally think he has bitten off a whole lot more than any solo Dev could ever chew and has to cut corners to ease the writing.
Yeah, it does feel at times as though this game could be so much greater if the story were a little bit more refined. All the pieces are there, and all the casual sex and teasing is good, but if the pacing were better and relationships didn't feel like they were being rushed and forced so soon then that would be a solid improvement.

the one thing I am starting to wonder, well as I said earlier, I feel like Maya is the default love interest in this game Josy (again because she hasnt had as much time to spend with the MC as Maya has) felt like a red herring on my first play through, like she was just there to be a catalyst to interfer with the MC and Maya's relationship through all 6 episodes I kept waiting for a nugget of something from her but I only really felt like Josy came around once that buisness with her dad happend during the Prep Hell Week maybe I missed something. But it just bugs me cause I like Josy as a character too maybe we will get more out of her in 7 if Maya gets sidelined for a bit.
I often wonder if it even occurs to DPC that we need more bonding with Josy. Everything with her is so interwoven with Maya that it does feel as though DPC thinks this is good enough, but we haven't had much time with just her since she arrived and it would be nice to have something along the lines of a solo date with her, even if it's just something like the two of them sitting together on a bench on the quad or hanging out in his room in the mansion.

It would be nice to have something like this with Josy because we've had so many solo moments with the other LIs that we need something with Josy too. However, even without that, I still love that girl even though we don't have as much of a sense of who she is as an individual as we do with most of the others, and the threesome path with them is the track I'm firmly on (unless DPC derails it without giving us a say in the matter).

Last edited:

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
Ive tilted at this particular windmill many times and it’s a bad habit of mine to assume meta reasons for storybeats I have an issue with rather than it being done with good intentions.

Sage becoming your friend out of the blue if you entirely ignored her because she respected you don’t wanna bang her...
I don't think there's anything wrong with this. I actually commend Sage for this unlike a certain Teacher who acts like a petulant child over being rejected.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Ive tilted at this particular windmill many times and it’s a bad habit of mine to assume meta reasons for storybeats I have an issue with rather than it being done with good intentions.

Like Maya/Josy allowing him to date other people. Being “casual”...to me that wasn’t a character choice it was to put them in a holding pattern. It kicked the can down the road for explaining why they were in a relationship halfway through the plot but ok with him sleeping with anyone. Messy to write two paths so just have them be in an open relationship and always having hidden encounters (Maya in the library? Public sex in bushes? Pantie peaks under tables?) easier to write and isolates them from other girls.

Tybalts blackmail was dubious at best and her response was out of character. I personally (and as I said, I’m jaded and always assume the worst) think the blackmail was a tool to explain why you’re not public with Jill. To ease the writing and keep public opinion uniform. Going forward you’re either functionally broken up or pretending to be. Easy to write and again isolates her.

Bella coming around on the MC, letting him call her Bella, after the Cathy incident is easier to write than having Bella dislike the MC if you didn’t pass her check earlier in the story. She now likes all MC’s. Sage becoming your friend out of the blue if you entirely ignored her because she respected you don’t wanna bang her...

It’s cynical as fuck but a lot of my problems with this stories writing isn’t because DPC can’t write, it’s because I personally think he has bitten off a whole lot more than any solo Dev could ever chew and has to cut corners to ease the writing.
there are plot requirements that we have to accept.

all the LIs between the fourth and fifth chapter tell MC that he can have appointments with others (except Bella, who can't expect anything), even Jill tells him that she doesn't like it but accepts it (out of character).
this naturally served to leave history free to go in any direction.

but now things have already changed quite a lot.

we have gone from a phase in which the LIs were more or less aware of each other, to one in which the circle of those who know has widened considerably.

all DIKs know about Bella, all HOTs and Jocks know about Sage.

furthermore, through that unlikely twist of Tybalt's blackmail, MC either lets go of Jill or declares himself. and feelings of guilt arrive and Derek goes to MC to lecture him on his sister's happiness.

it is a highly unstable equilibrium.

DPC has moved on to a MUCH more ambitious story than AL, and is struggling with it in keeping the various stories up to date. we must have a little patience.

horusxcaen82

Mar 20, 2018
Yeah, it does feel at times as though this game could be so much greater if the story were a little bit more refined. All the pieces are there, and all the casual sex and teasing is good, but if the pacing were better and relationships didn't feel like they were being rushed and forced so soon then that would be a solid improvement.

I often wonder if it even occurs to DPC that we need more bonding with Josy. Everything with her is so interwoven with Maya that it does feel as though DPC thinks this is good enough, but we haven't had much time with just her since she arrived and it would be nice to have something along the lines of a solo date with her, even if it's just something like the two of them sitting together on a bench on the quad or hanging out in his room in the mansion.

It would be nice to have something like this with Josy because we've had so many solo moments with the other LIs that we need something with Josy too. However, even without that, I still love that girl even though we don't have as much of a sense of who she is as an individual as we do with most of the others, and the threesome path with them is the track I'm firmly on (unless DPC derails it without giving us a say in the matter).
I just had a scary though and I don't know if I want to say it or not.. but I can hint at it.. maybe there is a reason Josy isnt that fleshed out as a character... I mean with whats going on with Maya's dad and all...maybe its for the best we dont get attached, although I could be horribly wrong and its just done like that like I said to give Josy more time with the MC while Maya deals with her dad issues.

• Sad
Reactions: felicemastronzo

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
the one thing I am starting to wonder, well as I said earlier, I feel like Maya is the default love interest in this game Josy (again because she hasnt had as much time to spend with the MC as Maya has) felt like a red herring on my first play through, like she was just there to be a catalyst to interfer with the MC and Maya's relationship through all 6 episodes I kept waiting for a nugget of something from her but I only really felt like Josy came around once that buisness with her dad happend during the Prep Hell Week maybe I missed something. But it just bugs me cause I like Josy as a character too maybe we will get more out of her in 7 if Maya gets sidelined for a bit.
she will have her space.

the time management for the single LI is not homogeneous, it proceeds in jumps.

Jill has now had her first important moment, Josy will have hers too.

Josy at this moment is true that she misses moments of intimacy with MC, but she really misses having a goal, a goal of hers and not Maya's.

Reactions: Yuno Gasai

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I just had a scary though and I don't know if I want to say it or not.. but I can hint at it.. maybe there is a reason Josy isnt that fleshed out as a character... I mean with whats going on with Maya's dad and all...maybe its for the best we dont get attached, although I could be horribly wrong and its just done like that like I said to give Josy more time with the MC while Maya deals with her dad issues.
Yeah, let's not go there. :censored:

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020

I strongly agree with this. Ever since "the reveal" Josy's character has pretty much been 'is Maya's girlfriend who's always around her' she's practically another Heather. The problem being Heather isn't an important character in the story who matters unlike Josy who needs some individuality.

Reactions: JohnDelfino

horusxcaen82

Mar 20, 2018
she will have her space.

the time management for the single LI is not homogeneous, it proceeds in jumps.

Jill has now had her first important moment, Josy will have hers too.

Josy at this moment is true that she misses moments of intimacy with MC, but she really misses having a goal, a goal of hers and not Maya's.
It would really suck if it came down to a "either you love her or you love me" ultimatum, I don't think if and when we get the chance to have a solo relationship with either, I don't think their break up will be amicable. Wait I thought I was going to hit post reply and thought of something else. While Josy does care about the MC I think Maya cares about him more, it could be since shes made friends with Jill they could pair off and become best buds/lovers maybe? just a thought.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
It would really suck if it came down to a "either you love her or you love me" ultimatum, I don't think if and when we get the chance to have a solo relationship with either, I don't think their break up will be amicable. Wait I thought I was going to hit post reply and thought of something else. While Josy does care about the MC I think Maya cares about him more, it could be since shes made friends with Jill they could pair off and become best buds/lovers maybe? just a thought.
I don't think I understand what you meant ...

the end of a relationship can hardly be "sweet".

in the friendship route, I still believe it is very likely that if the couple of the two girls will break up it will be either due to an external event (like Maya's father) or because one of the two girls at some point will regret the choice in chapter 4 and he will want to go back to MC, the two reasons could also be combined with each other.

more difficult to make predictions in the route of the trouple, if this will have an ending then I believe that in case of breakage it will be Mc to be left out, exactly as in chapter 4. if instead the trouple was just an illusion then the mechanics could be similar to the friendship route.

but to get there, Josy will always have to give a story first, what does Josy do without Maya around? chat with the first one that passes? stop?

horusxcaen82

Mar 20, 2018
Jill isn't into girls, so that wouldn't make sense.
friends then I suppose.

I don't think I understand what you meant ...

the end of a relationship can hardly be "sweet".

in the friendship route, I still believe it is very likely that if the couple of the two girls will break up it will be either due to an external event (like Maya's father) or because one of the two girls at some point will regret the choice in chapter 4 and he will want to go back to MC, the two reasons could also be combined with each other.

more difficult to make predictions in the route of the trouple, if this will have an ending then I believe that in case of breakage it will be Mc to be left out, exactly as in chapter 4. if instead the trouple was just an illusion then the mechanics could be similar to the friendship route.

but to get there, Josy will always have to give a story first, what does Josy do without Maya around? chat with the first one that passes? stop?
yeah I guess I was having a hard time trying to put my thoughts into words (hard for me sometimes) I am currently in the trouple route in my Maya/Josy save and I see what you mean. Had to re-read for a second the first part and I agree with the regret of choice part will likely cause friction with them "I think I am in love with him" or something like that.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes