Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
The ending of episode 6 confused me:

Are we supposed to infer that Mona dropped out and Burke deleted her scholarship accordingly, or that Burke blackmailed Mona into dropping out to keep her quiet about not fucking him at the snobs party, or was Burke just randomly deleting her scholarship for the evulz at the same time Mona was dropping out and the two events are unrelated?
Burke deleted her "scholarship" as a result of what happened (or didn't happen rather) at the preps party. Mona leaving was the result of good person Quinn's threats and wanting to get away from everything before shit hits the fan. Watching Maya snap at Quinn the way she did was the final straw for her and she decided to leave.

shinkei

Jun 18, 2018
As far as Maya goes, I think we just disagree. As I see it people have been smoothing the path for her for so long that she can barely walk (metaphorically). It's no kindness to her, it just makes her more dependent. It's the MC dominating her just like her Father. Of course, it's also likely that she will resent the MC that refuses to White Knight for her.
Fair enough, mate, you're right we just disagree. We both seem to agree on the diagnosis, but differ on the cure. You think she needs a drop in the deep end, and I think she needs a gradual increase in responsibility. Both make sense in their way.

I hope you get an option to use the money in a way that matches your playstyle. Anyway, thanks for the chat.

Reactions: DavDR

D2M3

Jan 20, 2018
With regards to this James situation, I really don't see it being all that potentially complicated. For me, I think his absence could be easily explained.

For starters, when it comes to the issue of "why does nobody seem to know about James?", Stephen not knowing Bella is married isn't necessarily indicative of nobody knowing. He's a guy, and probably not very observant as most guys tend to be, so he's never noticed her wedding ring because his eyes were always looking elsewhere. Jade, however, did know she was married but since she and Bella don't seem to be all that close, she probably doesn't know much, if anything, about Bella's husband or her personal life in general. Furthermore, Bella seems like the kind of person who, until the MC arrived, kept her work and home lives separate from each other, and a result of this would be her work colleagues not knowing much about her and her life outside of work.

As for James's absence, it seems to me that the reason could be a very simple one. In the library scene in Ep 3, Bella's internal monologue is asking for forgiveness from James, seemingly for a past incident where she was "intimate with a friend". Then in Ep 4, if you stay with Bella, her internal monologue now forgives James for doing something. The simplest explanation here, as far as I can guess, is that James cheated on Bella but they didn't separate or divorce, perhaps going to therapy or something like that to work out some issues, but then Bella did the same thing or close to it with a close friend (possibly Jill) and James caught her which caused him to storm out, and they've been separated ever since. Bella still hopes he'll return, and maybe they've been in contact recently trying to sort things out which is why she hopes he'll come home soon.
I would take all this at face value and accept it.

If only that one comment by MC at the end of the episode where he kissed Bella. "If I knew why she was crying, I'd call for help."

That.... is not some run of the mill comment. That's some "I just found a dead body and something is majorly fucked up" comment.

shinkei

Jun 18, 2018
EA says that every year when the FIFA on duty comes out that "it is the most ambitious FIFA to date" :HideThePain:
The trick is to be mates with someone who buys it every year - and then when he is over it, offer to lend him a game you enjoyed (he is your mate after all), and borrow fifa in return. That way you get to disappoint yourself for free :ROFLMAO:, and your mate still gets to play a decent game.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Burke deleted her "scholarship" as a result of what happened (or didn't happen rather) at the preps party. Mona leaving was the result of good person Quinn's threats and wanting to get away from everything before shit hits the fan. Watching Maya snap at Quinn the way she did was the final straw for her and she decided to leave.
however, it can only be one of two things.

or Mona leaves because Burke / Quinn have revoked her scholarship

or Burke cancels the scholarship because Mona has decided to leave

they are both credible, but in my opinion the latter is better

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
But where do you put the female panties Sage found in this theory?
And where do you put the “Guitar been stolen and Troy beaten up”?
These are two difficult ones. The guitar could have been because Dawe and his mates (not Chad) took the guitar, and they don't have an issue who they beat up - especially some ex-Jock. But the undergarments - Troy's a crossdresser? Dunno.

Are we supposed to infer that Mona dropped out and Burke deleted her scholarship accordingly, or that Burke blackmailed Mona into dropping out to keep her quiet about not fucking him at the snobs party, or was Burke just randomly deleting her scholarship for the evulz at the same time Mona was dropping out and the two events are unrelated?

I still maintain that the "restaurant business" is an agreement between Steven Burke and Quinn. The "free tuition" is something coordinated between the two of them; Burke falsifies the accounts (creating fake scholarships), Quinn provides the fresh meat (the girls).

So when Mona pulls out of the restaurant business, Quinn would have informed Burke and he would have erased the falsified account. Why did Mona leave though? Maybe pressure from Quinn, but it shouldn't be because she couldn't afford the tuition, that was Maya's drama, not Mona's.

Icekatana

Jul 9, 2017

No, I don't think it's either of those two things. The scholarship was contingent upon her having sex with the guy paying for it, Burke. She decided against it and so Burke is therefore deleting the escrow for her 'scholarship'. Mona was fine to just forget about the scholarship and pay for her own way. She didn't leave because she didn't get a free scholarship. She left because Quinn was being a complete bitch and probably blamed her for Maya's outburst at the end. Just too much pressure is why she left. Or perhaps something happened off camera along those lines that finally pushed her over.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
No, I don't think it's either of those two things. The scholarship was contingent upon her having sex with the guy paying for it, Burke. She decided against it and so Burke is therefore deleting the escrow for her 'scholarship'. Mona was fine to just forget about the scholarship and pay for her own way. She didn't leave because she didn't get a free scholarship. She left because Quinn was being a complete bitch and probably blamed her for Maya's outburst at the end. Just too much pressure is why she left. Or perhaps something happened off camera along those lines that finally pushed her over.
in that case it would be Mona who wanted to leave

whether or not Burke wanted to cancel the scholarship would be completely irrelevant.

it is always one person who decides, either Mona or Burke

sbarabaus

Dec 29, 2017
A scenario I can think of is that James has (tried) to sexy assault Jill and Bella killed him (accidentally) by hitting him over the head with something/stabbing him

Which would explain why Bella and Jill are so close and why Bella is anxious with guys approaching Jill. It also explains why Bella is so cold and "hard to get".
But she considers herself married, keeps her wedding pic, her wedding ring and constantly hopes for his "return"

This is more in line with the husband being in a coma or something similar, unless she's this game's Leah

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
But she considers herself married, keeps her wedding pic, her wedding ring and constantly hopes for his "return"

This is more in line with the husband being in a coma or something similar, unless she's this game's Leah
Well, she's also thought things like 'please come back, I forgive you' as well as asked for forgiveness. So its not that he's in a coma or unable to return somehow. He's actively gone away on his own, specifically because of what happened between him and Bella. (Unless Bella is just complete batshit bonkers, which allows for anything to happen)

Tumai

Sep 1, 2019
I still maintain that the "restaurant business" is an agreement between Steven Burke and Quinn. The "free tuition" is something coordinated between the two of them; Burke falsifies the accounts (creating fake scholarships), Quinn provides the fresh meat (the girls).
Yeah, indications of Burke being heavily involved was there since C1.

Way back then, I think Darkmetal was the one to call it out Here . Iirc he made a follow up detailing how to do it from an accounting vs cashflow side too, but I'm too lazy to search for it.

Last edited:

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Indeed, however, that's not necessarily his lack of ability, or bad writing, it's quite the opposite. What DPC is doing, is that using all the well worked elements that hollywood use in every fucking tv show and movies , and implementing to in his own ideas. that's why he is good, He understand the "game" or the "playground". every television show, every movies, use exactly the same tropes he use, and it's working, its still working since decades. Shipping characters to be together, will never be old, and the "will they won't they" will never gets old.
most of the drama in every show could be easily fixed if the characters would simply just talk to each other and act like racional peoples, but they don't do that because then the angst , the drama, the suspension is gone.
and to be fair, peoples rarely behave rationally in real life to. :ROFLMAO: .

So in short he just does what it's working, why change that? :ROFLMAO:
I didn't say it was lack of ability nor he need to change his work. You obviously need some ability to build all those stories together and make a successful product. But it's also obvious many plot elements are only based either on character's inability to proper communicate themselves or character's abilty to make cuestionable, borderline illogical choices - a soap opera in a nutshell. This may be quite common in entertainment business and as you say there are lots of successful games, movies and TV shows riding on those elements. But people have different tolerance limits to all those writing tricks and in BaDIK's case mine was surpassed long ago. So for me it's even infuriating to see yet another one added to the mix, like 'c'mon, man, you really don't know how to build drama and suspense without this'?

sbarabaus

Dec 29, 2017
Well, she's also thought things like 'please come back, I forgive you' as well as asked for forgiveness. So its not that he's in a coma or unable to return somehow. He's actively gone away on his own, specifically because of what happened between him and Bella. (Unless Bella is just complete batshit bonkers, which allows for anything to happen)
the "coma or something similar" bit is about the "return" word
if she thinks "please return", of course he isn't dead (unless bella has gone completely crazy)
but he may just be away mentally, not physically
we just can't know at this point, and DPC could move that subplot in multiple ways and it'd still be fine

johndoe19

May 31, 2019
I tried looking on the first page, but is there a episode 6 save for the paths? I had to reset my pc and lost all my progress.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

I think it's fairly clear that Mona has dropped out and Burke was deleting the fake scholarship he had made for her. Maya snapped at Quinn after finding out the tuition was a lie and she found that out because Mona accidentally let it slip, and since Mona was already on thin ice with Quinn, Quinn may have either threatened Mona again or told Mona she was out of the HOTs. In either case, Mona's probably decided it's best to leave rather than risk gettting more caught up in all of this.

I would take all this at face value and accept it.

If only that one comment by MC at the end of the episode where he kissed Bella. "If I knew why she was crying, I'd call for help."

That.... is not some run of the mill comment. That's some "I just found a dead body and something is majorly fucked up" comment.
People take this to meaning that it's something dark and sinister, but it could just be a big red herring misidrection to make people think that. If Bella feels guilty for doing something that caused her marriage to fall apart, then kissing another guy in the library is going to bring up those emotions, and the MC feeling that, in hindsight, they would have called for help had they known why she was crying could just mean emotional support to help her deal with her feelings surrounding this break-up and to perhaps accept that it's well and truly over.

What you mean "OP"
Opening Page
Original/Opening Post, actually; the first post in the thread.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
the "coma or something similar" bit is about the "return" word
if she thinks "please return", of course he isn't dead (unless bella has gone completely crazy)
but he may just be away mentally, not physically
we just can't know at this point, and DPC could move that subplot in multiple ways and it'd still be fine
My point was that you don't say 'i forgive you, please return' or 'return, please forgive me' if the person is in unconscious or brain damaged or something. The asking for forgiveness and giving forgiveness adds a component to 'please return' that raises the situation from "he is unable to return" to "he refuses to return".

Reactions: Darkmetal
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes