felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
to be fair, All we have are "urban legend", from people's we can't prove what they are saying is the complete truth. we also don't know the tone of these "constructive criticism" everyone's a critic these days :ROFLMAO: . I read DPC all 34 comment, back in the days, HE does not seem an asshole, but He did get simple hatred for AL, not critism, pure simple shit talking, nothing more. Thats why he actually left. May be over the years, he became more tougher and now he simply don't give a shit anymore. I can't blame him. He does what He likes, he not let anyone to tell him otherwise, and if peoples like it, they support him, and those who not like it, he dont care about them, and dont try to kiss their ass.
I prefer this, better than those who are milking the users, letting them decide what content will be in the game, and it will turn out to be a shit fest because of that. :cool:.of course this method only works because the product he is putting out , is actually good.

I agree with you, but I always find it a bit paradoxical that we prefer those who do not listen to us (because not listening to criticism means not even listening to praise, not listening to anything)

that we are sure that it is possible, not for DPC but for any author, to be impermeable to what is said about them and their work? I doubt it

especially if linked to a mechanism like that of patreon where, if whoever pays wants, they make Burke dress up as Duke Fleed in the next chapter

however, right here on f95 there are several authors who write quite constantly, so coexistence is possible

Dashxp4k

Aug 17, 2019
Here's some interesting quotes from DPC:
  • "Don't fight piracy. It will happen regardless and it's the number one reason you will get patrons in the early days. The only difference your stance on it will make, is the perception of you as a developer. I'm not saying that you should tell people to explicitly download the game for free, but don't be hostile towards those who do. There are many who are using this site to scout for developers to support and many who never would give developers a single penny. You can't change that."
  • "Learn to shrug off insults. You will be called a lot of things regardless of what you do. Get yourself a thick skin and don't feed the hate by replying to the haters. Listen to the constructive criticism, that feedback comes from people that matter to you."
  • "On that last point, develop the game the way you want to do it. Not in the way that your players want you to. I can't stress the importance of this enough. If you cave to player demands/wishes you may end up making a game that you don't enjoy."
Obviously he's not talking about bastards selling his game illegally, but effectively sites like this one. That was 2 years ago.
:KEK: Well well well

Reactions: OneShotKiller

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
Late to the discussion by a couple pages but for me the best non lewd scenes/moments are

1.Camilla trying to cheer up Mona during class
2.Anthony dancing
3. Bella lip bite
4. Tybalt slap slo-mo
i dont know about you but the 4th is incredibly lewd for me!

as for the Quinn debate i only got to say that she comes from a rough background where saving your skin in the here and now is more important then what might happen in 3 months time at the courthouse! So no she would never trust or feel secure around a Chick-MC, yes she will play with him for fun particularly after seeing the size that the dude is packing, women are not angels they are animals just like men with lust and desire so even a Chick-Mc can inspire those base desires, but his passive personality and the 2-3 extra seconds that takes a chick mc to react makes him a liability on her world!

shazba got the right concept, its not her choice its how the MC acts to disarm her before she can put her defenses up that drives the story, after she is in library nature takes over(unless you do her anally because that is not nature taking over that is just you being a freaking pervert, i always finish up her pooper and every girls pooper after having played a few games where i ruined my LI`s life for getting them pregers and not being able to stick around with them)!

the status and the affinity define your personality if you think of personality as clothes/perfume you wear it makes perfect sense why some girls like you more then others!
furthermore:
The foot long is like a guy wearing a suit all the time, and suits in men are like boobs in girls, everyone likes them some more some less but it never goes bad and only girls who don`t like the "suit" are girls who had bad experience with guys with "suits" so all girls want a dude with a big dick except the ones who got what they wanted and it was not what they expected and therefore bad experience,!

another metaphor i can use is the old Chinese philosophies and how they shaped that society!

you got 3 major Chinese philosophies:
- one is legalism where the emperor and the bureaucrats rule absolute and everyone must fallow their orders independently of tradition.(in many ways its still the dominating philosophy in today china...)
- another one is Confucianism and the principle that tradition sets the rules and changing the law does not mean anything and any emperor or official who tries to change the rules are breaking the "moral law"!
- and finally you got the middle path of Taoism, that defends principles like non action to effect change and action to remain the same because the only constant in the universe is change!

where was i? oh right how does this applies to my metaphor? because someones personality is always a mix of those 3 principles, the rules of society effect how you perceive the world, the Confucian way of keeping with the forms limit your actions and therefore affect your essence by shaping it and finally the middle path defends the pure essence by not acting upon things since on the best possible scenario you´ll stay the same on the worst you´ll fuck it up (nobody as done worse to the world then the goody,goodies or the christian version the road to hell is paved with good intentions)

so the status is how you view the world your affinity is how the form shapes you into that world and whoever controls the MC is the essence

probably too confusing but i would need 20 pages to explain each of the concepts properly and then around 50 to tie it all together and give a proper conclusion and for that i tend to get paid i just write in here cause i´m on my 2nd confinement in the last 10 months!

but most people here already think like this in concept if not in terms!

As for DPC considering how i cried like a little bitch because Meghan`s death caused pain to my sweet Melissa yeah i do not just take it i hurt back those who hurt me or the ones i love so i would have been one of those throwing shit back at him had i had a registered account, anyway it still takes me 2 months before i play a game of Al and i still get pissed off and cry af and it still bums me out for 1 to 2 weeks afterwards but its hurting less every time and exposure is the best medicine for trauma or in my case to grow stronger and more impassive to such situations, not that it does not hurt but you learn to control your reactions and show a cold exterior to the world!

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
"Can you change the poll system so that the same girls don’t win every time?

There are clearly favorites among patrons, and I'm thinking of possible changes to the polls to make things more balanced in the long run. It's a challenge because removing the polls' popular characters is a punishment to most patrons who enjoy them, but at the same time, I too would like the end product to have a balanced selection of special render sets, for one."

You don't say........

Funny how certain side girls win more then the main 2 girls that the game revolves around (josy/maya). :ROFLMAO:

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
Game development
What is your work routine, and how do you work?

Work averages to 12-18 hours per day, every day of the week. I have had a few days off here and there, but my last real vacation was back in 2017. I start my day by processing animation frames, and static renders while simultaneously checking my communities (Patreon, Discord, F95 (The best place in the world), and Steam). Then I work with what I’m in the mood for unless something takes priority.
12-18 hours per day, dude this is insane

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
Main girls are always boring. They're bland as to not offend any players, but that makes them not interesting to many players.
Which is kinda hilarious considering Jade is basically just Bella except we already know all of Jade's drama whereas Bella is still a mystery. I think Bella would be WAY more popular if most people didn't assume the worst has yet to come and are bracing for impact as we speak. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Razrback16

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
I can live with 14 - 20 episodes of being a dik.
And its nice that he addressed the stories moving a bit slower than he intended. Hopefully he'll pick it up in episode 7.
Need more gender studies class with KRJ
Agreed, but that means my theory about MC getting sexy time with Jill in the beginning of season 3 may have just been blown out of the water. If it goes to 20 episodes, then there will be an even longer wait. The blue balling continues...

s.jpg

-L-L-MJ-

Feb 5, 2020
Which is kinda hilarious considering Jade is basically just Bella except we already know all of Jade's drama whereas Bella is still a mystery. I think Bella would be WAY more popular if most people didn't assume the worst has yet to come and are bracing for impact as we speak. :ROFLMAO:
Screw that, I'm full steam ahead for the trainwreck that is Bella.
EVio.gif

Esp``

Aug 21, 2019

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So we get some insider info into DPC's mind. Mostly generic and expected answers, I did not expect anything groundbreaking but still, it is nice to hear how he approaches his game.

The most interesting answers for me are these 2, it seems DPC feels writing is his weakest link and he thinks he put some events too early into the game.

I agree with these statements. Firstly, no way I think he is bad at writing or creating a story compared to the VN industry but when you compare it to other aspects of BaDIK like renders, soundtracks, UI etc.. It feels writing is the weakest part of the game. I only say it since his standards are insanely high and every other aspect of the game is close to perfection for me. I'm glad he doesn't think he is writing the perfect story ever and does not think it doesn't have any flaws. It does.

The second part is about how he put some things too early into the game. I hope he is talking about mainly Josy and Maya reveal at the EP3 and library scene in EP4. I know he will never say it specifically but in my mind, this reply and him trying to retcon those stuff at EP5 says to me he agrees and means their events. Hopefully, he will think twice again before putting such events like that which are overly divisive and questionable without laying the foundations for their decisions properly.

I get that Josy and Maya are the Megan of this game and DPC needs them to keep the plot moving forward. But honestly, I didn't want to do anything with Josy since EP1 bank sitting scene where she confesses she actually cheats someone with the MC, and with Maya after that EP4 fiasco.

Hopefully, he will keep moving with the EP5 trend and try to retcon their only friend's route even more, them showing more regret with each update.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes