lolgotem

Jun 8, 2020
Well, even though there are a shitload of us old fuckers playing these games in real life, it does seem to be unpopular to make the game characters older than 21. I get the sense DPC is an old fucker himself and he doesn't necessarily relate to the youth of 2021. Some of the stereotypes and references he uses are dated.
He put the MC in Jean shorts.

DPC is either 40-50+ or president of the math club.

possibly both

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
He put the MC in Jean shorts.

DPC is either 40-50+ or president of the math club.

possibly both
Wear what's comfy. I find denim shorts to be quite pleasant. Rugged enough to survive a fair bit of abuse, and tough enough to stop my package from putting on a show in public. ;)

lolgotem

Jun 8, 2020
This thread takes too much energy to follow. It's like a part-time job to read all of the posts. I find myself skipping multiple pages each time I visit, which is a shame. There are a lot of very good posts here... just too many posts overall.
This is your mistake, I never go more than 2 pages back from the current

I don't even want to see my own posts

Wear what's comfy. I find denim shorts to be quite pleasant. Rugged enough to survive a fair bit of abuse, and tough enough to stop my package from putting on a show in public. ;)
unless you're freeballing this shouldn't be a thing.

Jean shorts died in the 00 Era, you're doing yourself a disservice.

if you're both freeballing and wearing jorts a more extended conversation needs to be had

Weltmeister

Jan 22, 2018
Good thing about 6.2k pages of replies: the game is well alive.
Bad thing about 6.2k pages of repies: you lose track of everything importang within days of abscence.

So, when would you guys estimate the next episode to be released? The beta testing post is a week old now, the very last preview has been delivered. Does before the end of next week seem to be possible? How was it the last time?

I'm anyways happy to see this game getting so much attention. Even though there are some very well or promising games out there: BADIK still is the best. I guess it's because it doesn't want to reinvent the wheel, it just sticks to everything that makes games like these fun to play, but at the sime time it doesn't feel flat.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
This is your mistake, I never go more than 2 pages back from the current

I don't even want to see my own posts

unless you're freeballing this shouldn't be a thing.

Jean shorts died in the 00 Era, you're doing yourself a disservice.

if you're both freeballing and wearing jorts a more extended conversation needs to be had
Agree on both points.

-Two pages is generally the maximum I'll go back unless I see a really interesting topic being discussed.

-MC isn't even wearing the baggy jean shorts. No, he is wearing girl shorts. Super tight and rolled up. Cringe factor overload.

Alfagrem

Aug 23, 2017
BaDIK luckily doesn't have THAT character (forced relationship). I think M&J are the closest to it, since the other 3 LIs kind of become side characters if you're not on their path. Bella in particular, if you're not on her path you hardly pass any time with her in some episodes. Jill and Sage feel a little better integrated in the general story, in particular Sage.
Well for me the game is in the name 'Being a DIK'.

Originally the MC was just going to study his ass off and wasn't planning on pledging.

It was crucial that we had to interact with Sage in the lunchroom to begin the chain of events that forced us to turn to the DIKs for a roof over our heads. In the interim we ended up sharing a room with Maya, That ofc led us to 'worlds colliding' with Josy.

M&J could of been a passing phase but for the fact they are both DIK's in law to Derek and Tommy and they have been able to provide us not only contexual information on those two and continue to provide a frission of risk to pursuing them, but also have been a means to develop the HOTs drugs and prostitution plot.

Bella and Jill are very much on their own island. You could totally remove them from the game without detriment as they add no exposure, information or development to the whole fraternity life aspect of the game.

Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020
Been replaying recently that over 8 hours soundtrack until EP7 drop and it's still so good.
I can replay the whole game in the head by just listen to it.
Yeah, for me the music is one of the most important features in a game. DPC make a great work with the soundtrack, his ability to put the correct music in each scene makes the game much more enjoyable.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Well for me the game is in the name 'Being a DIK'.

Originally the MC was just going to study his ass off and wasn't planning on pledging.

It was crucial that we had to interact with Sage in the lunchroom to begin the chain of events that forced us to turn to the DIKs for a roof over our heads. In the interim we ended up sharing a room with Maya, That ofc led us to 'worlds colliding' with Josy.

M&J could of been a passing phase but for the fact they are both DIK's in law to Derek and Tommy and they have been able to provide us not only contexual information on those two and continue to provide a frission of risk to pursuing them, but also have been a means to develop the HOTs drugs and prostitution plot.

Bella and Jill are very much on their own island. You could totally remove them from the game without detriment as they add no exposure, information or development to the whole fraternity life aspect of the game.
I like this point.

The chain of events that have begun to reshape our protagonist, and the tendrils that connect things back to him.

I do think things in the long run may end up being more connected than they currently are (with the possibility that the mc's mom knew Jill's family or something like that, however that may have been "subliminally" pummeled into my skull by the conspiracy theorists here to the point that I'm believing nonsense...)

Jill does fill the role of the hot (not "HOT" in this case) untouchable girl in all the high school/college comedies and she's the only reason he's running foul of Tybalt, one of the games significant (even if buffoonish) antagonists. Take Jill out, and the entire arc with the preps disappears. Tybalt doesn't even care that the DIKs sabotaged his party, he's only focused on the mc, because of Jill.

Also Jill further compounds the mc's love of music. Apart from teaching Sage, there is no one else in the game that he can discuss music with on a level beyond what songs they like.

Although Bella is part of Jill's arc, and there could be a lot of tension (between the two girls and the mc) to come, currently Bella's drama exists in her own unknown world, and if she was taken from the game the biggest ripple would be the upset from her fans. :)

Been replaying recently that over 8 hours soundtrack until EP7 drop and it's still so good.
I can replay the whole game in the head by just listen to it.
Yeah, for me the music is one of the most important features in a game. DPC make a great work with the soundtrack, his ability to put the correct music in each scene makes the game much more enjoyable.
I think the music probably makes the game stand out more than any other feature but it's hard to assess.

When I hear a song from this game (KFC are using one of the songs from the bar scene with Nicole right now), it so "brings back memories". So is it the music that makes the game, or the game that makes the music.

I probably wouldn't give a shit about the music if I didn't associate it with the game, but I think I'd enjoy the game significantly less if it wasn't for the well chosen music.

Last edited:

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Hey guys, took a long long break from the game, played it again yesterday from the beginning. Didn't even realise the next episode will come out soon(ish). Anyway, I'm excited.
Really hope there will be more Sage on the next episode. I remember being extremely disappointed with her absence in the last one, but it made sense.
Judging from the previews and tweets she'll be in it quite a bit.
Just some interesting points from earlier status updates that people may have forgot (or didn't know) about :

I will make sure that every main girl gets at least one extra-long animation in episode 7. You deserve it!
The episode will have a focus on both story and lewd scenes, but a bit more balanced compared to the story focused episode 6.
So this episode will be more fucking, less talking than episode 6! :sneaky: (Jill's animation will probably be an extra long pancake flipping scene though, but things are progressing in the relationship, so she'll probably be wearing that sexy negligee :rolleyes:).

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
I think the music probably makes the game stand out more than any other feature but it's hard to assess.

When I hear a song from this game (KFC are using one of the songs from the bar scene with Nicole right now), it so "brings back memories". So is it the music that makes the game, or the game that makes the music.

I probably wouldn't give a shit about the music if I didn't associate it with the game, but I think I'd enjoy the game significantly less if it wasn't for the well chosen music.
Indeed. I rarely watch TV, but I think it would be an odd feeling to hear a BaDIK song associated with KFC. I'm usually eating noodles while working on my many BaDIK saves, so now I get a weird boner whenever I prepare the food...regardless if I end up playing the game. I've been Pavlov'd.

Casmyr

Quarters
Donor
Dec 6, 2018
Kellermann and noodles

Hopefully we'll get more story progression.

And hopefully muh kween will get a fucking bio page

• Thinking Face
Reactions: shazba

lolgotem

Jun 8, 2020
fucking shit. when will the update be released. it takes time
If not the 23rd, then the 30th. I highly doubt it's dropping this Friday as we never got a follow-up announcement to the beta testing.

I feel you though. Personally, after episode 7 drops im planning to go cold turkey on VNs. Im too impatient for this genre of games.

anyone know when the update is supposed to drop?
see above

• Haha
Reactions: Casmyr and shazba

ratttta

Jun 8, 2018
So this episode will be more fucking, less talking than episode 6! :sneaky: (Jill's animation will probably be an extra long pancake flipping scene though, but things are progressing in the relationship, so she'll probably be wearing that sexy negligee :rolleyes:).
Yeah, I kinda gave up on Jill. I can accept slow pacing but it's been a year of waiting for me. For others much more. :cautious:
Something should have happened by now.

Also, thanks for the info everybody, finding stuff by searching when there so many pages can be a bitch.

• Sad
Reactions: Paapi.12 and shazba
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes