JamieSadistic

Dec 19, 2018
Well, it sounds like your personal feelings are what's driving you to defend her here, exactly because you know people like her in real life. I certainly hope you're not making excuses for them as well though, because those kinds of people hurt others for real, not in a fictional setting.

I personally don't subscribe to the reasoning that good traits can excuse having a horrible side. If a world renown surgeon saves thousands of lives in his job, but turns out to be a pedophile and child rapist, does that make him a good person ? It is an extreme example, not meant to be a complete parallel, but Quinn is doing harm one way or another.
There's a saying that every villain is the hero of their own story, and while she may not be on the extreme end of things, she's definitely not a good person. Everyone has an excuse or reasons for their behavior, but a line has to be drawn somewhere as to what's acceptable and what's not.
We're discussing two completely different things here man. I understand what you're saying and I'm not trying to argue with you whether or not a shitty person's actions should be excused for their good qualities... how did we even get to this discussion?
I was trying to get you to understand that there's a reason for her behavior and MC being nice and trying to help her is changing her personality to be softer.

Plus, it seems like Quinn's had a shitty life and is used to being treated harshly; depending on the choices you make, MC doesn't treat her harshly. In fact, MC can be really, really kind to her. He treats her differently than most people do, and kind of pushes the boundaries she's set to keep people at a distance, which could definitely be enough to soften her sharp edges, which could lead to her developing feelings for him.
Thank you! This is what I was trying to say all along.

Reactions: brichouse

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
can u guys help me which scenes have i missed
View attachment 1170977 View attachment 1170978
Let's see:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I never once said poor behavior can serve as a positive example to others. The MC/Quinn relationship is complicated at best but I'll explain my points to you. Up until MC came to campus, Quinn was basically the outcast.. somebody that didn't fit in with the rich kids that surrounded her. Enter MC...somebody who's from the same side of the proverbial tracks as she is, only raised differently. She sees him and how he acts as an alternative. Sort of like a light in the darkness sense. That explains why Quinn was quasi apologetic for stealing his clothes... we all know Quinn doesn't apologize, but with MC... it's different. Why? Why does Quinn treat MC differently than she treats literally everyone else?
She treats the MC differently because she's attracted to him, but most importantly because he validates her. Remember, she has no interest in MC's that don't do drugs, that show a tender side, or that stick with that self righteous bitch Maya [sic]. Even if such an MC is kind to Quinn, she isn't interested.

The way to Quinn's good side is to tell her everything she wants to hear and never challenge her faults. If you do that, she is willing to let the MC get close to her, but that's a far cry from Quinn being a more caring or open person (much less a better one).

carlosrm

Oct 5, 2020
Plus, it seems like Quinn's had a shitty life and is used to being treated harshly; depending on the choices you make, MC doesn't treat her harshly. In fact, MC can be really, really kind to her. He treats her differently than most people do, and kind of pushes the boundaries she's set to keep people at a distance, which could definitely be enough to soften her sharp edges, which could lead to her developing feelings for him.
Hopefully she doesn't develop an emotional dependency on MC.
That could be even worse than being evil

brichouse

Oct 31, 2020
Hopefully she doesn't develop an emotional dependency on MC.
That could be even worse than being evil
Hm, I don't see her as the type to end up doing that. I think, even if she were to fall for MC, she still seems like the kind of person who values independence, and obviously, emotional dependency on MC does not fit! Lol

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
We're discussing two completely different things here man. I understand what you're saying and I'm not trying to argue with you whether or not a shitty person's actions should be excused for their good qualities... how did we even get to this discussion?
I was trying to get you to understand that there's a reason for her behavior and MC being nice and trying to help her is changing her personality to be softer.
Why would you even argue about something like that. Everybody has reasons for what they do. Why would you bring it up if you didn't intend to argue they are mitigating circumstances ?

Furthermore what proof do you have that she's changing for the better ? Unless the Quinn + Maya scene is missing from the DIK path, there's none. Is there any indication of remorse on her part for anything she's done ? You're only judging by her different behavior towards MC, which is not indicative of anything other than some interest in him. Which is mainly because he has stuff in common with her, not the other way around.

The way to Quinn's good side is to tell her everything she wants to hear and never challenge her faults. If you do that, she is willing to let the MC get close to her, but that's a far cry from Quinn being a more caring or open person (much less a better one).
Exactly what I've been trying to say the entire time. Just because you're close to someone or they treat you better doesn't mean they are becoming better. I suspect that this relationship can be easily broken if MC switches to a chick path or does something she doesn't like.

brichouse

Oct 31, 2020
I think there's definitely room for DPC to give Quinn a "personal growth" arc if DPC wants to. But, since Quinn isn't officially a main LI, I'm not sure if it'd ever happen. There's a lot about Quinn we don't know (her upbringing/life circumstances before she got to college, for example, could shed a lot of light on why she's the way she is/what she needs to realize/learn to become better). I'm against MC becoming a "fixer" that takes up making Quinn a better person as a project or something, but I can see a Quinn that's on the path with the MC who fixes her up when she's gotten beaten up and gets her to hold him in public potentially deciding for herself that she wants to be better/seeing the err of her ways. Whether or not that'd at least require a push from MC, I don't know. But since MC fixes a whole bunch of other shit, a push from MC would probably happen lol.

carlosrm

Oct 5, 2020
Hm, I don't see her as the type to end up doing that. I think, even if she were to fall for MC, she still seems like the kind of person who values independence, and obviously, emotional dependency on MC does not fit! Lol
Yes, but let's keep in mind, that she with MC feels good, she shows in her actions.
So what happens if MC decides to step aside? (obviously not now, but, in future chapters, having connected so much with her).
Two options:
1. Quinn pretends nothing happened
or
2. Fall into loneliness, or depression or something like that.
And knowing DPC, I wouldn't be surprised by the second option

captcha69

Apr 12, 2021
fk me, have to constantly go back to previous saves cause the fking game keep coming back to bite u in the ass for every little detail u miss, haha what a fking good game, awesome xD

Jul 17, 2020
fk me, have to constantly go back to previous saves cause the fking game keep coming back to bite u in the ass for every little detail u miss, haha what a fking good game, awesome xD
tell me about it, every other post i see renders i did not encounter in my playthrough.

me: time to do another run.

:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Hermith

Casmyr

Quarters
Donor
Dec 6, 2018
Reactions: dalli_x

mercytea

Oct 29, 2017
I found I can help Quinn this time when her nose was bleeding but can't do in my first playthrough. I didn't fuck her before and have a chick affinity in this playthrough. :unsure: This is my second playthrough. The difference between theses two playthroughs is if I fucked Sage and Bella or not. In my second playthrough I've only chase after Jill. Or is it because of Walkthrough Mod? :rolleyes: But I can't help Quinn in my first playthrough, even though I always use Walkthrough Mod when I play Bing a DIK. :confused: But anyway, I like that I can help Quinn even if I have a chick affinity and didn't fuck her before. :LOL: That is better than that I can't save a girl from fire when I didn't fuck her. :devilish:

Last edited:
Reactions: BirdBarclay

DavidCSR

Apr 30, 2021
'Acting Lessons' was the very first visual novel I ever played. I hit the jackpot first time. I cried like a baby at the ending...I haven't had the emotional strength to go back and play it again, but it got me into the whole VN gaming scene. When done well, these games have a power all of their own...the characters and events start to matter to you, you start loving, hating, empathizing, sympathizing with the characters and they become real and important in your mind. 'Being A DIK' is a whole ecosystem of choices and interactions...I love that it gives you freedom to choose your own path and choose your romances without them being imposed upon you. It's a game on a massive scale and it's impressive that Dr. Pinkcake is creating it alone. I once asked Dr. Pinkcake on Patreon why he didn't have a team working with him and he said that having other people working on his game would kill the passion! It's his creation and I understand that! When this game is complete, it will be the gold standard of VN games, but that's still a few years away unfortunately. I'm just going to enjoy each chapter as it comes out and I have 8 separate playthrough's ongoing presently...

Casmyr

Quarters
Donor
Dec 6, 2018
I found I can help Quinn this time when her nose was bleeding but can't do in my first playthrough. I didn't fuck her before and have a chick affinity in this playthrough. :unsure: This is my second playthrough. The difference between theses two playthroughs is if I fucked Sage and Bella or not. In my second playthrough I've only chase after Jill. Or is it because of Walkthrough Mod? :rolleyes: But I can't help Quinn in my first playthrough, even though I always use Walkthrough Mod when I play Bing a DIK. :confused: But anyway, I like that I can help Quinn even if I have a chick affinity and didn't fuck her before. :LOL: That is better than that I can't save a girl from fire when I didn't fuck her. :devilish:
The official walkthrough says the requirements for the Quinn scene are smoking weed on the roof top, not be in the M+J relationship and have DIK affinity

Jul 17, 2020
Example.

Give me one.
just talking about the back and fourth about Chad and Quinn story in the past pages.

not saying Main LIs story's not engaging, its just that the side character, especially Quinn's story, for my pov as a player is more complicated, would you give her a chance of redemption?(if DPC will give her character that redemption arc), we know her story as a player but the MC in the game still don't know that, he knows she run a restaurant, will he know she's also a drug dealer?, maybe later in the game. will my MC accompany Quinn in that hole or will he hold her and pull her up?, or just left her there and face the consequence of some kind of Leah?

but of course, this is nonsense if you're not in her path:ROFLMAO:

JetZ

Jan 16, 2017
Have the Sage dialogue so I can see how that differs? Sounds interesting.
basically to sums it up if u deny her since the beginning,
on preps party she will try to flirt with mc again to get MC says "yep my answer still no"
and then on HOTs party she finally open up and talking about herself is open for a relationship in a more serious note
from there u will get an option to still say no or pursue her
no alcohol needed
have to wait for next update to see if she will ask the same question again or finally blocked her path if we say no there

EDIT : somebody already posted a full dialogue for u there

mercytea

Oct 29, 2017
The official walkthrough says the requirements for the Quinn scene are smoking weed on the roof top, not be in the M+J relationship and have DIK affinity
I knew what the official walkthrough says. I din't fuck Quinn and smoke weed before her nose was bleeding in this playthrough. The only thing that meets the needs is not be in the M+J relationship. So my guess is that I can help her in my second playthrough because I used walkthough mod. :unsure:

JetZ

Jan 16, 2017
Just finished episode 7... What a freaking ending!! :cry:

WRITTING

and that last frame... OMFG I did NOT see that coming!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Can't wait for episode 8!
not trying to be a jerk here but might edit that Writting mate :ROFLMAO:

4.80 star(s) 1,525 Votes