Niu6609

Apr 28, 2021
She's growing on me. I started the game as a Sage fan and remain a Sage fan but no one wants to talk about Sage.
It seems like there're lots of Sage fans in the community (myself included) but not many comments about her, which I take to be both a good and a bad thing; good because it just shows that her character isn't very problematic, and people are mostly fine with it; bad because I wanna talk about Sage, man. Like, it would be nice to discuss why Sage is our favourite girl out of all the choices in the game.

I've streamed BaD gameplay for a friend on Discord once before and showed them Sage, and after that the both of us ere just lamenting about we wished we could get a girlfriend like her IRL, so that was pretty fun!

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
It seems like there're lots of Sage fans in the community (myself included) but not many comments about her, which I take to be both a good and a bad thing; good because it just shows that her character isn't very problematic, and people are mostly fine with it; bad because I wanna talk about Sage, man. Like, it would be nice to discuss why Sage is our favourite girl out of all the choices in the game.

I've streamed BaD gameplay for a friend on Discord once before and showed them Sage, and after that the both of us ere just lamenting about we wished we could get a girlfriend like her IRL, so that was pretty fun!
There was another Sage topic that I forgot, is Sage actually Jade and Stephen's daughter and Tybalt's sister? But OMG, I think it's pretty much been fully discussed, and there's no new clues to bring into the mix.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Yeah, they don't imprison you for bankruptcy anymore. They divide your assets, of which Maya has none, and pay off your creditors, then they erase the debt. It stays on your credit report for a few years and then 'poof' it's all gone. In fact, bankruptcy laws are there to protect the creditor, not the lender they only get pennies on the dollar of the debt owed to them.

And yes I know, Maya and Josey are perfect angels that never did anything wrong, in your little world.
Hey, it's DPC's world. If he wants there to be serious consequences to bankruptcy he can do that, even if the actual explanation for what's happening makes no real-world sense. If you want to complain about the situation, we're going to need more examples of how Maya's situation is different from others' within the game. That means we'll probably have to wait until we see how Sage plans to resolve it.

Also, I just got through saying Maya was in the wrong. Forgiving her mistakes isn't the same thing as ignoring them.

I agree that it's a lousy way to love someone, but you're approaching this from a liberal (literal, not political) sense, where Maya, as an adult, should be free to make her own decisions, her own mistakes, and to grow as a human.

I think that's a fair approach to take once your children become adults, and even as younger people, slowly allowing your children to become more independent and learn from mistakes is a great way to raise them.

But where would you draw the line from simply giving advice to stepping in and trying to take charge if you can see something bad is going to happen? Would you ever step in to try to stop your adult child from making a mistake that you believe would permanently ruin their life (or their afterlife)?

If I believed (I don't) 100% that there was a Hell, a place where "sinners" go for eternity to suffer in fire and possibly be continuously raped by demons forever, and I believed 100% (I don't) that homosexual relations was just such a sin that would condemn a person to Hell for all eternity, and one of my children turns out to be gay, I would do absolutely everything I possibly could to save them from eternal damnation.

What parent would sit back and knowingly let their own child go to Hell for eternity, for never-ending torment and suffering?

Of course most of us don't believe that gays go to Hell (some of us don't even believe in an afterlife), but Patrick, and other zealous religions people like him, don't just believe that, they fucking know it. You can't convince them otherwise. They know with every fiber in their being that Hell exists and God will send you there if you fuck up.

Right or wrong, that's where Patrick is coming from. He wants to save his daughter from Hell, and if that means doing everything he possibly can to achieve it, as a "good" parent, he will.

It's just too bad he believes in a pile of shit.
I thought I made the dividing line clear last time: when you go from cutting off support to extortion in order to force someone's hand. The former is, at least theoretically, necessary if you genuinely believe someone is making a costly enough mistake. But the latter makes a mockery of free will and eventually leads to the "Kill them all, God will know His own" outlook that can do more or less unlimited harm.

If Patrick really thinks Maya's soul is at stake, he should keep arguing and pray for her. The idea that he can save her soul by purely denying her the physical opportunity to indulge her sins is highly dubious - especially when we see he hasn't actually prevented her from sinning. His solution is both reprehensibly drastic AND ineffectual, the worst of both worlds.

Also, just for the record, I'm skeptical Patrick is going to be portrayed as a genuinely pious (if misguided) person. I think he's far more likely to be a strawman believer, which would make his actions even less tolerable. I'd be very happy to be proven wrong, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

"Nobody has forced the MC to help them or hang out with them and they are not playing with his emotions . . ."

Seriously? One thing that I've pointed out repeatedly, and no one has ever addressed satisfactorily, goes all the way back to episode 1. Josey and MC go on a date. Josey reveals to the MC that she is with someone else. MC does the right thing and says Farewell. It should have ended right there, but Josey chases after the departing MC, actually physically clings to him and demands that it's NOT over, that it's not Farewell. How is that not playing with his emotions?

Then in ep 5 we get this
View attachment 1194112 View attachment 1194113 View attachment 1194114 View attachment 1194115 View attachment 1194116 View attachment 1194117 View attachment 1194118 View attachment 1194119 View attachment 1194120 View attachment 1194121 View attachment 1194122 View attachment 1194123 View attachment 1194124

In all of the heated forum arguments I've had with the M/J fan's, none have been honest enough to address what is obviously an example of Josey playing on the MC's emotions. There are other examples but why even bother to search them out and post them when I can't even get you guys to admit something so obvious as this.
None of us have "addressed" it because you hold our arguments to a different standard than your own. For us, we need notarized proof that Maya/Josy took actions against their interest to help the MC. For you, the mere fact they did something emotionally charged is proof they're deliberately seducing the MC to take advantage of him.

As was just mentioned, the MC can be rather manipulative of Josy's emotions in Episode 7 if he's not on her path. Would you like to discuss how his behavior compares to her own in earlier chapters, or are you going to keep blaming everything on her feminine wiles?

It's time for the first real status update for episode 8, and the development is ongoing.

This week, it's mostly been planning and writing. I've been writing a lot, as I've been in the zone.

I know what I want to fit into this episode, so I'm writing as much of the layout as possible to grasp the workload that lies ahead.

Episode 8 will be the episode that wraps up the second season, so I'm very excited about it and will do my best to do it justice.

Game crashes (v0.7.2)
I've been getting some reports about random "out of memory" crashes that I wanted to address. I hope the following information can help more players solve these issues.

If you're experiencing any "out of memory" crashes after patching the game to the latest version (v0.7.2), I would recommend that you delete the contents of the "game/cache" folder.

There are three ".rpyb" files there that you can safely delete. When you restart the game, the cache will be rebuilt, and this could solve your problem.

In the future, I will supply pre-built cache files with the patches.

Poll news
This week, I posted the first poll for episode 8, a cosmetic poll for Sage. Sign up as a $10 patron to participate in it .

I have planned several fun polls for episode 8, and I have also decided to change how the special render polls are conducted to get more balance in the special render sets.

At the moment, some girls have three render sets, whereas others only have one, and I'd like this to even out for the sake of the game.

I will reveal the details about how the new polls will look like as they are posted.

Walkthrough news
I've written the walkthrough, and proofreading is underway. I will release it as soon as possible, at the latest next Friday, but likely earlier.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Sheesh, I'm having real number withdrawal here! I'm looking forward to the walkthrough, though.

Niu6609

Apr 28, 2021

It's time for the first real status update for episode 8, and the development is ongoing.

This week, it's mostly been planning and writing. I've been writing a lot, as I've been in the zone.

I know what I want to fit into this episode, so I'm writing as much of the layout as possible to grasp the workload that lies ahead.

Episode 8 will be the episode that wraps up the second season, so I'm very excited about it and will do my best to do it justice.

Game crashes (v0.7.2)
I've been getting some reports about random "out of memory" crashes that I wanted to address. I hope the following information can help more players solve these issues.

If you're experiencing any "out of memory" crashes after patching the game to the latest version (v0.7.2), I would recommend that you delete the contents of the "game/cache" folder.

There are three ".rpyb" files there that you can safely delete. When you restart the game, the cache will be rebuilt, and this could solve your problem.

Poll news
This week, I posted the first poll for episode 8, a cosmetic poll for Sage. Sign up as a $10 patron to participate in it .

I have planned several fun polls for episode 8, and I have also decided to change how the special render polls are conducted to get more balance in the special render sets.

At the moment, some girls have three render sets, whereas others only have one, and I'd like this to even out for the sake of the game.

I will reveal the details about how the new polls will look like as they are posted.

Walkthrough news
I've written the walkthrough, and proofreading is underway. I will release it as soon as possible, at the latest next Friday, but likely earlier.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Thanks for all your work, DPC. Really looking forward to Episode 8! Good to hear from you! And it's also nice to see that Quinn is now up there with the main girls. Lots of people must be looking forward to seeing her develop as a character. Hoping that you don't overwork yourself while working on the game, and take care of yourself in these tough times. Cheers!

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Since some people here have subtly segued into discussions about Sage (ironically by complaining that we don't discuss the red haired vixen enough), I've got to say, her sex scenes are the most fun.

The banter that runs throughout the scenes, the struggling, the transitioning between positions and/or locations, make her sex scenes very unique and fun compared to the others. Passionate sex is good and all, but in the long run, I prefer fun sex. :D

Also, sorry Dude, Stephen is her Father. Man bun guy is just a DPC cameo.
I'm not going to completely discount that theory... :geek:

The biggest knock on Sage is that she trusts Quinn to handle HOT business because she's busy with things like trying to graduate. I mean imagine a college student who is sitting in the library researching a paper! What kind of student does that!?! None of the rest of them, except maybe Jill.

If anyone thinks being pissed off at being cheated on is a flaw they should probably date more. Or some. Or once.

I think that's the problem with Sage. She doesn't have nearly enough shit wrong with her. She's not a liar, a cheater, a thief, a user, a manipulator, a coward, a damsel in distress, a confused bisexual, a raging feminist, a proponent of vodka tampons, generally shifty as all fuck, or anything else that makes her nearly as screwy as everyone else in the game.

I guess some people call all those faults character development but characters can be developed without making them any of those things. People seem to want those things in their VN characters. The way some game players cling to certain characters in this game frightens and confuses me. Give me the girl who most has her shit together.
You forgot "virgin" but otherwise a decent listing of what Sage is not. :p

Also, just for the record, I'm skeptical Patrick is going to be portrayed as a genuinely pious (if misguided) person. I think he's far more likely to be a strawman believer, which would make his actions even less tolerable. I'd be very happy to be proven wrong, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
(Maya talking about Derek with the mc)​
Maya: "But he believes that rejection is the key to success."​
Maya: "He read it in a book..."​
Maya: "Which is funny... Because I never saw him read anything besides comic books or dad's secret magazines."​

Patrick's soul is already damned, so he just doesn't want the same fate for his cherished daughter. :eek:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Yeah the only in depth discussion of Sage I've ever seen here was one a few month's ago where a bunch of the M/J, Jill, Bella crowd (let's just call them the C's for short) were trying to make the case that Sage was a bad President. Ep 7 pretty much knocked that shit on the head.
you mean the chapter where Sage tries to make up for how she acted with Maya (thus admitting she was wrong before)? but where she continues to trust Quinn, trivializing her every behavior, to the point of putting her at the centre of the Halloween party plan?

Sage is reclaiming her role, but she's just getting started and has yet to talk to Mona

p.s. if I had to choose an LI as flag, I would always choose Sage.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Hey, it's DPC's world. If he wants there to be serious consequences to bankruptcy he can do that, even if the actual explanation for what's happening makes no real-world sense. If you want to complain about the situation, we're going to need more examples of how Maya's situation is different from others' within the game. That means we'll probably have to wait until we see how Sage plans to resolve it.

Also, I just got through saying Maya was in the wrong. Forgiving her mistakes isn't the same thing as ignoring them.

I thought I made the dividing line clear last time: when you go from cutting off support to extortion in order to force someone's hand. The former is, at least theoretically, necessary if you genuinely believe someone is making a costly enough mistake. But the latter makes a mockery of free will and eventually leads to the "Kill them all, God will know His own" outlook that can do more or less unlimited harm.

If Patrick really thinks Maya's soul is at stake, he should keep arguing and pray for her. The idea that he can save her soul by purely denying her the physical opportunity to indulge her sins is highly dubious - especially when we see he hasn't actually prevented her from sinning. His solution is both reprehensibly drastic AND ineffectual, the worst of both worlds.

None of us have "addressed" it because you hold our arguments to a different standard than your own. For us, we need notarized proof that Maya/Josy took actions against their interest to help the MC. For you, the mere fact they did something emotionally charged is proof they're deliberately seducing the MC to take advantage of him.

As was just mentioned, the MC can be rather manipulative of Josy's emotions in Episode 7 if he's not on her path. Would you like to discuss how his behavior compares to her own in earlier chapters, or are you going to keep blaming everything on her feminine wiles?

Sheesh, I'm having real number withdrawal here! I'm looking forward to the walkthrough, though.
OMG, I'm not even going to try to explain this again. It's pointless, you'll just pull up another off the wall argument like DPC's world is a magic fairey land where nothing at all has to have any logical consistency to a real world context, and it won't hurt the story at all! OMG

As to what happens in ep 7, this just proves my point. Our argument on this topic far preceeds the events of ep 7, so it's just more reaching.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
Since some people here have subtly segued into discussions about Sage (ironically by complaining that we don't discuss the red haired vixen enough), I've got to say, her sex scenes are the most fun.

The banter that runs throughout the scenes, the struggling, the transitioning between positions and/or locations, make her sex scenes very unique and fun compared to the others. Passionate sex is good and all, but in the long run, I prefer fun sex. :D

I'm not going to completely discount that theory... :geek:

You forgot "virgin" but otherwise a decent listing of what Sage is not. :p

(Maya talking about Derek with the mc)​
Maya: "But he believes that rejection is the key to success."​
Maya: "He read it in a book..."​
Maya: "Which is funny... Because I never saw him read anything besides comic books or dad's secret magazines."​

Patrick's soul is already damned, so he just doesn't want the same fate for his cherished daughter. :eek:

Well, least I could do had the tao of rayne recurring series, in which one of them said, A fool concerns himself with the 99 who say no while a wise man comforts himself with the one who says yes. And it's a comic(albeit a webcomic).

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020

Game crashes (v0.7.2)

Poll news

Walkthrough news

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Yes, walkthrough incoming.

I do hope the next episode does wrap up some of the dragging plotlines. So we can move on.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
I think that's the problem with Sage. She doesn't have nearly enough shit wrong with her. She's not a liar, a cheater, a thief, a user, a manipulator, a coward, a damsel in distress, a confused bisexual, a raging feminist, a proponent of vodka tampons, generally shifty as all fuck, or anything else that makes her nearly as screwy as everyone else in the game.
Sage cheats on Chad with MC (if he allows it anyway..) (after she got proof Chad cheats, but still before the breakup)
(stay after drinking the shots at the DIK party and MC gets called away by Jacob when a really drunk Sage is all over MC)

Sage manipulates MC into spying on Chad, first she offers (you scratch my back, ill scratch yours) then its the price MC needs to pay for getting back his guitar...

She is kinda obsessed, spying on Chad with binoculars outside the gym, after she got video proof she still needs more, she wants to know who the girl is...

After the breakup she gets kinda violent on Chad ( Melanie/Sarah feared/expected it to be bad like that... )
MC goes to Sage and finds her in the rain, cold and drenched in a near apathic state... Sage tells the MC she either explodes or she bottles up all her problems... She wishes she could talk to her parents about feelings but her mother only gets angry and her father only shuts down...

In the backflash of DIK history you can see the young (kinda dependent) Sage and Chad too... We're a few years further now and the Sage we know now has grown and adapted since, but so far Chad's character and actions havent given me any hope Sage experienced a better environment to talk about her feelings...

Sage has her own persona and her own problems and how she copes with live, it's really no use to compare, there's enough to see and say about Sage, maybe the fact she just isnt a blatant stereotype speaks for itself...

Reactions: Icekatana

Uj90

Jan 10, 2020
Being a DIK compressed version math101 bug-fix

This is a bug-fix patch, which fixes errors with the math101 PNG files in the compressed versions.

There has been a recurring problem with the math_cheat.png and math_choice.png files in the compressed versions, which have been broken in several releases.

This triggers an exception error in the class mini-games, which crashes the game. These math101 PNG files will be mentioned in the error report.

This archive contains copies of these PNG files from the full version of the BeingADIK-0.6.1-pc-lin-patch.

Edit: Updated for Being a DIK v0.7.x compressed versions.

Installation instructions:
Unzip the archive and copy the PNG files to: game/images/classes/math101/ - overwriting any existing files.

Examples:

THANK YOU BRO YOU'RE LIFE SAVER!

Reactions: Meushi

Casmyr

Quarters
Donor
Dec 6, 2018
Anyone else think that Tybalt is the one blocking Jill's campaign?
Like whoever Jill wrote to about her campaign, that person writes back that they've tried getting in touch with the frat she's in but Tybalt isn't doing anything on his end.

4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes