vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Anyone else think that Tybalt is the one blocking Jill's campaign?
Like whoever Jill wrote to about her campaign, that person writes back that they've tried getting in touch with the frat she's in but Tybalt isn't doing anything on his end.
Tybalt is after Jill (mainly) for her family's status/money and i'm sure he will try anything in his power to get that...
However, Jill is not part of any frat, she stays in the prep mansion but isnt a part of it herself...
Furthermore preventing her to perform in rememberence of her sister will not give Tybalt any advantage, he only needs to be the one who made it possible in the eyes of Jill...
(plus IF any of this is to be held anywhere except in the prep house Tybalt can not keep MC away from that event, or atleast it will be much harder, if it's in the college auditorium MC can just attend with hardly any trouble)

Reactions: Casmyr

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I would categorize that as a quibble
I characterized it as balancing the scales upon which you had placed a heavy thumb. You had, unwittingly or not, phrased your inaccurate comment so that it coincidentally strengthened your argument.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Did you miss Stephen Burke deleting Mona's scholarship at the end of chapter 6?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

He is clearly setting up scholarships for Quinn's girls who he fucks. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this was funded by Quinn's girls working for other alumni, who donate to the "Wallace Resource Scholarship," though I'll admit there is no evidence to support this idea, but it makes sense.
I find it interesting that in the first render the payment status is listed as "Pending".

I believe that there actually are 'free tuitions'. I do not believe that any money is involved at all. Burke does it all with a few keystrokes. He creates the "Scholarship" as easily as he deleted it. The school loses out on the money, but he is cooking the books so that the rest of the administration is unaware that the whole thing is a sham. One way to do that would have the University donate cash to Wallace Resources Scholarships, which is then returned to the University as tuition for the chosen HOTs. He probably has an app for that! :)

So an account is set up for Mona, with status Pending. Then it comes time to seal the deal. She is sent into a room with Burke. If she puts out, the 'Scholarship' is put into an active status. But Mona balks, so Burke undoes the 'Scholarship', and she is out on her ass.

Burke may not get any money at all from the 'Restaurant'. He could just be in it for the poontang. But I can't say I am positive about that. Either way he gets sex from hot young co-eds.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
I characterized it as balancing the scales upon which you had placed a heavy thumb. You had, unwittingly or not, phrased your inaccurate comment so that it coincidentally strengthened your argument.
And thank you for the text book example of splitting hairs.

Aug 6, 2017
maya didnt like the hots and tought of them as sluts
for the first 4 chapters she lied to the mc about having a boyfriend, was almost done with josy and then cuck mc with josy.
the next chapters maya still keep dragging mc into her drama with josy and now her father.
also now she is going to drag sage into her bs.
i really disklike that character

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
It seems like there're lots of Sage fans in the community (myself included) but not many comments about her, which I take to be both a good and a bad thing; good because it just shows that her character isn't very problematic, and people are mostly fine with it; bad because I wanna talk about Sage, man. Like, it would be nice to discuss why Sage is our favourite girl out of all the choices in the game.

I've streamed BaD gameplay for a friend on Discord once before and showed them Sage, and after that the both of us ere just lamenting about we wished we could get a girlfriend like her IRL, so that was pretty fun!
My favorite thing about Sage, besides the red hair, is the dialogue. In the first five episodes her dialogue with the MC was just the best I had seen in any game to this point.* I guess it's fitting that the last Sage scene in this period was the guitar lesson in the HOT's backyard, which I think is the best scene in the game.

Unfortunately, after ep 5 this all seemed to change. The post break up rain scene, in the backyard of all fucking places, was disappointing to say the least. Previously in the game the MC had always been able to find a way to be there for her, to say the things that made her feel better. He certainly would have never delivered some of the uninspired shit that he spout's in that scene. And the 'rebound guy' scene in ep 7 was just pure cringe.

That said I felt the taking care of Sage when she was sick scene rebounded a little and some of the dialogue in the latter part's of ep 7 were ok, but nothing that was even near the writing level's of 1 thru 5.

The most disappointing thing though is what DPC did with Sage's temper. I thought the way Sage would suddenly get triggered over nothing was a cute quirk. The text exchange the morning after MC calls and wakes her delivered the best Sage line yet "Don't use logic when I'm angry". Also she never stayed angry for long and always felt sorry for it afterward but, it did show that she had a feisty streak, and a little fire. Turning that into this big emotional problem for her was probably DPC's biggest mistake in writing her character IMHO.

*I have to say as an aside that this was before I had played Leap of Faith, Heavy Five, Our Red String, Chasing Sunsets, Oathbreaker, or a half dozen other games I've forgotten about. All of which have better dialogue in general and a much much much better story.

4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes