Sep 29, 2021
DogWagger89 Man, relax.
Some people here will ignore even worst writing mistakes and will not accept critical approach to things they like.
It doesn't really matter to me, people do what they want, but they could at least stop acting like we're engaged in deep intellectualism with this story. We're here to see Jill do filthy debatched things eventually, not read the next Great American Novel or whatever. I know DPC Swedish or German or something.

keltboy

Apr 30, 2017
God bless scrappy for his efforts, we will not have to re-run the game for every girl solo ending.

I hope he or smb will make separate harem ending just for us VIRTUAL girls lovers. Because you know, this is a game, where you can hope to get everything somehow instead of getting real life simulator.

Don't get me wrong, this is the best 18+ game there is, hands down.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
"People really need to stop acting like DPC is a literary genius." - No they don't. The attention to detail to all the facets of the game is outstanding.

"It's not a masterpiece. It's not even competent really." - It's one of the most continuously entertaining games on this site. That's been achieved, among other things, due to the excellent literary style used throughout. I would go so far as to suggest it is an extremely competent creation.

"Why is Jill comically naïve beyond the point of plausibility? Because she was written that way, not because somebody would be a junior in college and be that way." - All characters in a story are created to service the plot. Jill is a sheltered, naïve woman. The seemingly obvious reason behind her sheltered upbringing was the untimely death of her rebellious sister.

"Why does she have no friends except Bella?" - Most of the girls at the college are total sluts. Not really Jill's kinda people. She befriends Josy quite easily. Nowhere has it been identified that she's painfully shy.

"Why does she live in the rich kid frat? Seriously, actually why does she? It makes no sense." - She's an honoured female guest in the frat. As a family member of the college's founders, it would make sense for the preps to invite her there to bolster their egos.

"Why is the fact that her family is rich and presumably big donors to the school some dark secret? For drama!" - It's not a secret. It's just that Jill realised the mc didn't know she was a Royce, it made her happy to know he liked her for her, and not because she was filthy rich.

"Why is Bella so mysterious about her past and where her husband is? For the intrigue." - That's kinda how you do intrigue; you don't tell the reader everything... Not sure how this can be an issue with the game.

"Why does Maya need a cosigner for student loans?" - She doesn't. Her dad tricked her into thinking she was locked into a loan so he could control her. It doesn't have to make sense to us, it's only require that Maya thinks she's over a barrel.

"Why is she a lesbian? Well she's not really, seeing as in the first month of college she potentially hooked up with this dude. Thus proving her dad right that if she was separated from Josy she'd not be gay. Don't think DPC thought that out all the way." - She's a bisexual girl who never had strong feeling with a guy before so she thought she was simply gay. Turns out the "girly" mc appeals to her. We know that because she discussed it with him.

Even though the dad's approach had the desired impact (from the dad's perspective), it doesn't mean the dad was right.

"Why is Josy dating Maya?" - It was an unexpected twist in the story. Lots of stories do that, it helps keep them interesting.

"Why do people cook up elaborate stories about how Josy and Tommy actually had sex or whatever..." - Hardly anyone is saying that. And most comments regarding incest are that there will be none in this game.

Seriously, all the answers to everything you're querying is in the game (except the Maya loan one).
If you respond to an extreme position with an extreme one, you are not doing yourself a good service.

are all sluts at BR? is this really your answer to the fact that Jill has friendship only with a teacher? and that she makes friends on the fly with the only girl (who would also answer to the generic identikit of slut... but in the positive sense) towards whom she knows the only boy she has ever been interested in has feelings?

BADIk is an extremely light story, with no particular clockwork mechanism that makes people cry out for a miracle, where almost every situation is handled according to emotional outbursts that justify any outcome (they all run away for the least believable reasons ..)

but there is only one point on which I don't agree with you at all: the fact that there is this extreme attention to detail, DPC takes great care in creating "verisimilitude" especially in the dialogues, where he tries to take into account everything that happened, but then blatantly ignores certain situations, which would have their own importance, but would complicate his work.

so we have Chad's shoes in Troy's room (how many times did it happen to you to leave your shoes at the house of a girl with whom you had a clandestine relationship? did you come back barefoot?), and at the same time Josy is punished by her parents for having dinner with a boy (if Mc stays it makes sense, otherwise not at all. or do you want to tell me that Josy's beloved father is more bigoted than Maya's father?) and many other intersections that for simplicity DPC has decided simply not to handle

BADIK is an exceptional entertainment, which is light years from the average of the games of this genre (mainly because of the very low average), and probably will also have a positive effect as an example on other productions. but it is a soap opera, a telenovelas, not the Murder on the Orient Express

Last edited:

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
If you respond to an extreme position with an extreme one, you are not doing yourself a good service.

are all sluts at BR? is this really your answer to the fact that Jill has friendship only with a teacher? and that she makes friends on the fly with the only girl (who would also answer to the generic identikit of slut... but in the positive sense) towards whom she knows the only boy she has ever been interested in has feelings?

BADIk is an extremely light story, with no particular clockwork mechanism that makes people cry out for a miracle, where almost every situation is handled according to emotional outbursts that justify any outcome (they all run away for the least believable reasons ..)

but there is only one point on which I don't agree with you at all: the fact that there is this extreme attention to detail, DPC takes great care in creating "verisimilitude" especially in the dialogues, where he tries to take into account everything that happened, but then blatantly ignores certain situations, which would have their own importance, but would complicate his work.

so we have Chad's shoes in Troy's room (how many times did it happen to you to leave your shoes at the house of a girl with whom you had a clandestine relationship? did you come back barefoot?), and at the same time Josy is punished by her parents for having dinner with a boy (if Mc stays it makes sense, otherwise not at all. or do you want to tell me that Josy's beloved father is more bigoted than Maya's father?) and many other intersections that for simplicity DPC has decided simply not to handle

BADIK is an exceptional entertainment, which is light years from the average of the games of this genre (mainly because of the very low average), and probably will also have a positive effetot as an example on other productions. but it is a soap opera, a telenovelas, not the Murder on the Orient Express
If you judge the artistic value of something before its even halfway complete, you are not doing yourself a service.

We have a daughter, whos mother either due to sickness or drug consumation is so far gone, that she doesnt recognise her own daughter anymore.

We have a daughter, who is so controlled by her religious father, that she retreats more and more into her own shell, risking her relationship.

We have a boy, who lost his mother during childbirth, and recently connected with her via a diary that she left behind.

We have a boy, who doesnt know how to cope with beeing born into a rich and powerfull family and the expectations that come with it.

We have a boy, who never managed to make sense of his parents splitting up, so now hes loud, volatile, excessively uses drugs and sex to escape something he just doesnt understand.

We have a neglected Wife, whos husband only cares about money and the power that comes with it.

We have a boy, who is terrified how his friends and family will react to the fact that he is gay.

And on and on and on. Now if all of that is soap opera level to you, fine - I dont know what country you come from, but in the US, if you could adress the entire population and ask who has or had similiar expiriences, a LOT of hands would be raised.

Does that make it a masterpiece just yet ? No, because we dont know how any of these life stories resolve, but there are most definitely a lot of foundations in place that could make it one. And thats how any work of art thats less than 50% complete should be viewed. Imagine Merry and Pippin beeing capture by the Uruk hai and everything ends there, nobody would call it a masterpiece.

Your nitpicking about josy parents/chads shoes ( dude wtf is wrong with you ??? ) is the same as nitpicking where the horse all of the sudden came from, when Gandalf reunited with Legolas, Gimlie and Aragorn and he whisteled as if thats the normal thing to do. Art can never be a true representation of realitiy, because it lacks the passage of time. There will always be flaws, and in something like BAD with ... what ? 20-30-40 hours of playtime there are probably dozens, but that doesnt make it less good or a "soap opera" ( like ... seriously ??? )

Now is BAD a pr0n game masterpiece ? HELL DOUBLE YEAH !!! Best anything else can hope for is 4th place, because BAD occupies 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
If you judge the artistic value of something before its even halfway complete, you are not doing yourself a service.

We have a daughter, whos mother either due to sickness or drug consumation is so far gone, that she doesnt recognise her own daughter anymore.

We have a daughter, who is so controlled by her religious father, that she retreats more and more into her own shell, risking her relationship.

We have a boy, who lost his mother during childbirth, and recently connected with her via a diary that she left behind.

We have a boy, who doesnt know how to cope with beeing born into a rich and powerfull family and the expectations that come with it.

We have a boy, who never managed to make sense of his parents splitting up, so now hes loud, volatile, excessively uses drugs and sex to escape something he just doesnt understand.

We have a neglected Wife, whos husband only cares about money and the power that comes with it.

We have a boy, who is terrified how his friends and family will react to the fact that he is gay.

And on and on and on. Now if all of that is soap opera level to you, fine - I dont know what country you come from, but in the US, if you could adress the entire population and ask who has or had similiar expiriences, a LOT of hands would be raised.

Does that make it a masterpiece just yet ? No, because we dont know how any of these life stories resolve, but there are most definitely a lot of foundations in place that could make it one. And thats how any work of art thats less than 50% complete should be viewed. Imagine Merry and Pippin beeing capture by the Uruk hai and everything ends there, nobody would call it a masterpiece.

Your nitpicking about josy parents/chads shoes ( dude wtf is wrong with you ??? ) is the same as nitpicking where the horse all of the sudden came from, when Gandalf reunited with Legolas, Gimlie and Aragorn and he whisteled as if thats the normal thing to do. Art can never be a true representation of realitiy, because it lacks the passage of time. There will always be flaws, and in something like BAD with ... what ? 20-30-40 hours of playtime there are probably dozens, but that doesnt make it less good or a "soap opera" ( like ... seriously ??? )

Now is BAD a pr0n game masterpiece ? HELL DOUBLE YEAH !!! Best anything else can hope for is 4th place, because BAD occupies 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
I don't know what you're talking about

we are halfway through the game so an extremely positive opinion (yours) has the same value as a less extremely positive one (mine), we all have time to change our minds from here to the end

the one about Josy and Chad were just two examples, to make 2 or make 10 I don't think it changes anything, the one about Chad was actually positive, the foresight of DPC to put a clue for what would be discovered only later, that was a joke in parenthesis

there are, and I have given many other examples of scenes and aspect that I like and I have never hidden the indisputable merits of BADIK

and however the telenovelas, soap operas, talk about experiences common to all mankind, coming out of gay, betrayals, unexpected returns etc etc, pressing the accelerator on the emotional side.

Reactions: mindern

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
I don't know what you're talking about

we are halfway through the game so an extremely positive opinion (yours) has the same value as a less extremely positive one (mine), we all have time to change our minds from here to the end

the one about Josy and Chad were just two examples, to make 2 or make 10 I don't think it changes anything, the one about Chad was actually positive, the foresight of DPC to put a clue for what would be discovered only later, that was a joke in parenthesis

there are, and I have given many other examples of scenes and aspect that I like and I have never hidden the indisputable merits of BADIK

and however the telenovelas, soap operas, talk about experiences common to all mankind, coming out of gay, betrayals, unexpected returns etc etc, pressing the accelerator on the emotional side.
Its not about positive or negative, you can like it or hate it, that wont change my enjoyment, just as mine doesnt change yours.

Its about the foundations beeing there, and you comparing it to "Murder on the Orient Express", read it again stop at 40-50% and THEN make a comparison. DPC adresses problems that are very common in society, granted I can only speak for US society and my problem with your prior post is that you sum that up as "soap opera", because to me that would make life a soap opera.

Now if these problems dont exist in your country, and in that case I can understand how it would feel too fantastical, kudos to you and your country, but I can assure you they are as real as it gets here.

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
But how many hands would be raised if you asked the entire population if they, or someone close to them, had experienced everything on your list? Christ, even a fraction of those things.

In isolation many of the things you listed aren’t that unusual but everyone and their mother experiencing some sort of melodrama in the space of two weeks? That’s soap opera territory.

Is there anyone in this story who’s just happily going about their life devoid of drama? Magnar?

Yeah things in this story happen to real people. Nobody on earth is having all the things going on in this story happen directly to them or someone they know… all at the same time in the space of a month.

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
I'm not a Christian and I actually prefer non-harem games. It gets boring after a while when you get to fuck every girl in the game with little to no work involved. I really think a harem end would kill this game.
Not even sure if a harem ending would be possible with how the characters are written. At most, there's a few throuples plausible. Camila and Riona, Josy and Maya, Bella and Jill...
There's no way a harem ending as one of the options. The closest it'll get is Maya and Josy path, speaking for 5 LIs.
Sage's whole issue was cheating and loyalty.
Jill openly said until a relationship, it's a free country. But after getting in a relationship, no way for another person.
Bella shuts MC down after finding out Cathy's pants.
Maya and Josy also said no strings attached until relationship level.
Even Quinn shows a level of jealousy, so no way for a harem to happen. Asking for it is pretty pointless lol

darji

Nov 3, 2021
There's no way a harem ending as one of the options. The closest it'll get is Maya and Josy path, speaking for 5 LIs.
Jill openly said until a relationship, it's a free country. But after getting in a relationship, no way for another person.
Even Quinn shows a level of jealousy, so no way for a harem to happen. Asking for it is pretty pointless lol
If you go like this.

Jill and Bella is still possible because of the conversation they had in bed. He teased some secual relationship between these two there

Sep 9, 2021

BADIK is an exceptional entertainment, which is light years from the average of the games of this genre (mainly because of the very low average), and probably will also have a positive effect as an example on other productions. but it is a soap opera, a telenovelas, not the Murder on the Orient Express
Just wow man ! I agree with everything you said.
Agreed ! I am 100% sure there will be no mc, jose and maya. Mc have to choose between them.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
But how many hands would be raised if you asked the entire population if they, or someone close to them, had experienced everything on your list? Christ, even a fraction of those things.

In isolation many of the things you listed aren’t that unusual but everyone and their mother experiencing some sort of melodrama in the space of two weeks? That’s soap opera territory.

Is there anyone in this story who’s just happily going about their life devoid of drama? Magnar?

Yeah things in this story happen to real people. Nobody on earth is having all the things going on in this story happen directly to them or someone they know… and again, all at the same time in the space of a month.
Well first its an College with xxxx students, so if everyone but one would be living his life "devoid of drama" I would call that unrealistic. Now does all of those different things happening in the vicinity of one person make it less realistic ? Sure, but isnt that exactly where art has life beat ? That you can go the extra mile and hope to shine a light on as many problems in society as you think you can handle from an artist point of view ?

Again, the key is how all those storylines will be resolved, is DPC going to wave the magic wand and they resolve because they have to since the game is over, or will each of them be resolved in a way that makes sense, meaning some bad, some good and some just wont. Thats where the cheese is, where art comes in, where you can ask "was it all just a cheap pull on the heartstrings?" or did the resolve he had in mind reach a level where you can say "Wow, didnt see that one coming, hats off".

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes