Klopdwerg

Sep 7, 2021
"People really need to stop acting like DPC is a literary genius." - No they don't. The attention to detail to all the facets of the game is outstanding.

"It's not a masterpiece. It's not even competent really." - It's one of the most continuously entertaining games on this site. That's been achieved, among other things, due to the excellent literary style used throughout. I would go so far as to suggest it is an extremely competent creation.

"Why is Jill comically naïve beyond the point of plausibility? Because she was written that way, not because somebody would be a junior in college and be that way." - All characters in a story are created to service the plot. Jill is a sheltered, naïve woman. The seemingly obvious reason behind her sheltered upbringing was the untimely death of her rebellious sister.

"Why does she have no friends except Bella?" - Most of the girls at the college are total sluts. Not really Jill's kinda people. She befriends Josy quite easily. Nowhere has it been identified that she's painfully shy.

"Why does she live in the rich kid frat? Seriously, actually why does she? It makes no sense." - She's an honoured female guest in the frat. As a family member of the college's founders, it would make sense for the preps to invite her there to bolster their egos.

"Why is the fact that her family is rich and presumably big donors to the school some dark secret? For drama!" - It's not a secret. It's just that Jill realised the mc didn't know she was a Royce, it made her happy to know he liked her for her, and not because she was filthy rich.

"Why is Bella so mysterious about her past and where her husband is? For the intrigue." - That's kinda how you do intrigue; you don't tell the reader everything... Not sure how this can be an issue with the game.

"Why does Maya need a cosigner for student loans?" - She doesn't. Her dad tricked her into thinking she was locked into a loan so he could control her. It doesn't have to make sense to us, it's only require that Maya thinks she's over a barrel.

"Why is she a lesbian? Well she's not really, seeing as in the first month of college she potentially hooked up with this dude. Thus proving her dad right that if she was separated from Josy she'd not be gay. Don't think DPC thought that out all the way." - She's a bisexual girl who never had strong feeling with a guy before so she thought she was simply gay. Turns out the "girly" mc appeals to her. We know that because she discussed it with him.

Even though the dad's approach had the desired impact (from the dad's perspective), it doesn't mean the dad was right.

"Why is Josy dating Maya?" - It was an unexpected twist in the story. Lots of stories do that, it helps keep them interesting.

"Why do people cook up elaborate stories about how Josy and Tommy actually had sex or whatever..." - Hardly anyone is saying that. And most comments regarding incest are that there will be none in this game.

Seriously, all the answers to everything you're querying is in the game (except the Maya loan one).
Big fat Thumbs up for you Shaz for this summary. Right on the spot and even DPC couldn't be more clear.

Reactions: shazba

JamieSadistic

Dec 19, 2018
After reading almost 50 pages of this thread (and finding out that I missed the release of the preview with my 2 favourite LIs :cry:, damm Im disappointed I missed that :cry:), I have finally caught up with the thread.

I wont dive into the discussion about the preview because Im simply too late to the party and because everything, one way or another, was already said :KEK:

One thing that I always found to be my guilty pleasure on this thread is peoples opinions of Quinn and their expectations for her character.
Quinn was always in my top 3 girls in this game... YES, even throughout the first episodes :devilish:. I always liked her bitchy give 0 fucks about everyone type of attitude. She gave this game a sense of adventure, edginess, and challenge that was nothing like we have seen from other characters. (And I now a lot of 0Day Quinn Fans thought the same as me :devilish::love:)

Then episodes 5/6/7(more on 6 and 7) came and it was truly funny seeing people saying things like "maybe shes not that EVIL" or "maybe she can CHANGE"

The 2 words highlighted are what I dont agree about the posts Im responding (at least they were giving me the vibe of those words)... I DONT WANT Quinn to CHANGE/ATTEMPT TO CHANGE because of the MC. I DONT WANT DPC to do a complete 180 on her character (As always, its my opinion). People seem to be more into Quinn because of what she could be and not because of how she is now :(...

Quinn getting a BIT more sensitive towards the MC like in the later episodes? Sure, I was and still am down for that. But thats all the sensivity I need, or else Quinn will slowly turn into Jill :cautious:.

To sum up my point: I still want Quinn to be the Evil Queen Bitch to everyone else, even to the MC as a way of challenge when in public. When shes alone with the MC, I want Quinn to be just like she is now: Easygoing, challenging with how she talks with the MC, confident of herself and that always takes/gets what she wants. And most importantly: a Succubus in bed that the MC has to work really hard to please and to punish :devilish::sneaky:

Quinn being a ball of love, shy and softening up even more??? Who is this person, dont do my girl like this :cautious::cautious:
I've been a Quinn fan since day 1. I think you misunderstood what I said. I don't want Quinn to change how she is to everyone else... I could give a fuck if she slaps Riona's whole head off...or forces Maya to leave college...or continues her prostitution ring and selling drugs. I don't care about any of that shit. What I want to happen with her is those walls shes got built up to come down for MC and MC alone. That's it. When I said the softening of her eyes verses how she is in other interactions, note that she was LOOKING AT MC during that scene. That's the shit I dig. I don't care about her interactions with anyone else.

Again with Quinn redemption talks, really? What does she need to do that?
Apologizing to Maya?
Quitting drugs and dealing, instead of those, studying really hard and getting a tuition?
Shutting down the restaurant?
Stopping playing people around her?
Giving fucks?
Being nice and helpful to everyone?
Being a lovestruck teenie girl unable to do take initiative by herself?

Not sure if you caught it, but we already have one Maya. No need for a second one.

So far, Sage openly told her interest for MC.
From selling MC a threesome with her and Riona, now she literally asks MC to choose someone for a freebie. What were she saying at the beginning of the game? "I don't do freebies."
No sleepovers? MC did that.
At rooftop, she was saying "I don't suck anyone's dick.". After MC refused to pay for it, she said "Only this time.". Now, she asks for "permission" to do it. Ep 7 scene ending doesn't need any explanation. When she was sure MC was sleeping, showed how she really feels openly. That's fucking new there. :love:
MC and Sage's scene changes depending on Quinn's affection level, she doesn't like seeing him fuck Sage, or someone else.

She's already changing, but this will be the extent of it. An MC on her path earns her trust and she lowers her barriers one by one. To outside, she's the same person. That won't change. And shouldn't, that's what makes Quinn interesting.
Exactly

JamieSadistic

Dec 19, 2018
Man... A 19GB file, no update patch because of what DPC said, and nopy is dead. Release day is gonna look like black friday at a Walmart -- good luck to all of you
If there's no update patch, I'm not gonna be able to download it. 19G is way too much for me to download in one file. Mega would die after 10g... Nopy is dead, all other sites are trash with 6 hour download times for a 1g file. Hopefully someone releases a compressed version fairly quickly

STNeish

Mar 20, 2020
Lol rando question but why are so many people down on Maya? , is it because she doesn't look like a sex doll like 90% of the girls in the game? , is it because she's lesbian? or is it because she's cock blocking yall from a solo route with Josey?.. I don't know, I personally think she's great, she has that "girl next door" vibe and her character model not being overly sexualized unlike majority of the B.A.D girls is a plus for me.
also I don't think either she or Josey needs solo routes,them being that cute lesbian couple separates them from the rest.. Tremelo already has like 95% of the games girls at his disposal, let's not be selfish now lol.
And really I don't see how a solo Josy route won't end with Maya being hurt cause if Josy chooses Tremelo over her, Maya won't have anyone, she won't have Josy or Tremelo leaving her sad and lonely.. Yall really wanna do that to poor ol Maya when you can just be with both her and Josy?.. But then again I'm probably in the minority here who actually gives a feck about Maya.
I'm not down on Maya... but I don't find her as interesting as Quinn or Sage. I guess I like challenging, strong women. Maya (and Josy too) just seems kind of... soft. Bella is a mixed bag. She's challenging on the outside, but it's a facade... and I just can't get excited by the exaggerated proportions. To my eye, Quinn has the best physique in the game (though Maya, Josy and Sarah are pretty hot too...). Bella has the most rivetingly beautiful face, though.

Whole package for me is Quinn: Beautiful, sexy, challenging and confident... and a little dangerous. Perhaps more than a little. More, she's damaged, and there's a sense that she needs to be saved, despite herself. I (and I think many men) find that very alluring.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
"People really need to stop acting like DPC is a literary genius." - No they don't. The attention to detail to all the facets of the game is outstanding.

"It's not a masterpiece. It's not even competent really." - It's one of the most continuously entertaining games on this site. That's been achieved, among other things, due to the excellent literary style used throughout. I would go so far as to suggest it is an extremely competent creation.

"Why is Jill comically naïve beyond the point of plausibility? Because she was written that way, not because somebody would be a junior in college and be that way." - All characters in a story are created to service the plot. Jill is a sheltered, naïve woman. The seemingly obvious reason behind her sheltered upbringing was the untimely death of her rebellious sister.

"Why does she have no friends except Bella?" - Most of the girls at the college are total sluts. Not really Jill's kinda people. She befriends Josy quite easily. Nowhere has it been identified that she's painfully shy.

"Why does she live in the rich kid frat? Seriously, actually why does she? It makes no sense." - She's an honoured female guest in the frat. As a family member of the college's founders, it would make sense for the preps to invite her there to bolster their egos.

"Why is the fact that her family is rich and presumably big donors to the school some dark secret? For drama!" - It's not a secret. It's just that Jill realised the mc didn't know she was a Royce, it made her happy to know he liked her for her, and not because she was filthy rich.

"Why is Bella so mysterious about her past and where her husband is? For the intrigue." - That's kinda how you do intrigue; you don't tell the reader everything... Not sure how this can be an issue with the game.

"Why does Maya need a cosigner for student loans?" - She doesn't. Her dad tricked her into thinking she was locked into a loan so he could control her. It doesn't have to make sense to us, it's only require that Maya thinks she's over a barrel.

"Why is she a lesbian? Well she's not really, seeing as in the first month of college she potentially hooked up with this dude. Thus proving her dad right that if she was separated from Josy she'd not be gay. Don't think DPC thought that out all the way." - She's a bisexual girl who never had strong feeling with a guy before so she thought she was simply gay. Turns out the "girly" mc appeals to her. We know that because she discussed it with him.

Even though the dad's approach had the desired impact (from the dad's perspective), it doesn't mean the dad was right.

"Why is Josy dating Maya?" - It was an unexpected twist in the story. Lots of stories do that, it helps keep them interesting.

"Why do people cook up elaborate stories about how Josy and Tommy actually had sex or whatever..." - Hardly anyone is saying that. And most comments regarding incest are that there will be none in this game.

Seriously, all the answers to everything you're querying is in the game (except the Maya loan one).
Excuses, excuses, excuses

• Haha
Reactions: shazba

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Now, I'm no rocket surgeon, but I'm pretty sure she wasn't punished for having dinner with a boy. The much more probable outcome is that it was because she basically got caught fuckin' in her parents bed.

Which, all things being equal, is not unreasonable.
Try playing the scene again, even if MC chooses NOT to stay with Josy after dinner she still winds up grounded with her phone taken away.

Nov 13, 2019
I don't have a problem with BADIk being what it is, cheap fun schlock, but people need to recognize that it is what it is. DPC doesn't claim that it's high art, or some kind of tight narrative. It's objective is to coherently string together a series of increasingly debatched sexual encounters, which it does well enough.
You say that like 40-50% at least of the sexual events in this game are not the MC engaging in some kind of foreplay and all the times you have been given the option to 'check her out?' I seriously doubt is for boys. You are not the author and are in NO position to dictate to me or anyone for that matter what this story is about or what the authors objective in regards to their work. Also this is still art and art is highly subjective, Shakespeare wasn't a genius because he matched a standard he was considered a genius because the queen liked her angry little man and he was good at entertaining people (which isn't even hard by the way.) so if some one here or anywhere thinks that the author of this story is a genius then you cannot say that they are wrong without looking like an uneducated jackass.

Sep 29, 2021
You say that like 40-50% at least of the sexual events in this game are not the MC engaging in some kind of foreplay and all the times you have been given the option to 'check her out?' I seriously doubt is for boys. You are not the author and are in NO position to dictate to me or anyone for that matter what this story is about or what the authors objective in regards to their work. Also this is still art and art is highly subjective, Shakespeare wasn't a genius because he matched a standard he was considered a genius because the queen liked her angry little man and he was good at entertaining people (which isn't even hard by the way.) so if some one here or anywhere thinks that the author of this story is a genius then you cannot say that they are wrong without looking like an uneducated jackass.
LAMO, this stuff isn't Shakespeare man, though he was considered lowbrow for his time. It's interactive American Pie.

Shakespeare's work stands on its own merits, and has for a long time. Elizabeth I has been dead for a long time too. Him being one of her court favorites, not the only one btw, has little to do with his popularity. You couldn't name another playwright from that time, only him. This is not a product of Early Modern petty court politics.

And art isn't subjective, no serious artist will say this, though no serious artist will spend their time insisting neoclassical realism is the only legitimate form of artistic expression either. Quite frankly it's insulting to say that because art is "subjective" DPC and William Shakespeare are potentially literary equals.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2019
If there's no update patch, I'm not gonna be able to download it. 19G is way too much for me to download in one file. Mega would die after 10g... Nopy is dead, all other sites are trash with 6 hour download times for a 1g file. Hopefully someone releases a compressed version fairly quickly
Does mediafire has limit ?

if not then it is as good as nopy

FAP369ZONE

Aug 29, 2018
Uploaders should try these...
Workupload is good and big files can be split in 2GB parts
Pixeldrain is good and big files can be split in 5GB parts
MediaFire is good and big files can be split in 10GB parts
Letsupload is good and big files can be split in 11GB parts

... and for single file download there are these two...
Gofile is good and has 30GB
FileMail is good and has 50GB

Good file hosts are there, they just need to be used more... hope they get more popular for OP links but yeah replacing nopy will be hard but not impossible, besides they might come back some day and throw a surprise party ;).

Reactions: JamieSadistic
Jan 15, 2019
Uploaders should try these...
Workupload is good and big files can be split in 2GB parts
Pixeldrain is good and big files can be split in 5GB parts
MediaFire is good and big files can be split in 10GB parts
Letsupload is good and big files can be split in 11GB parts

... and for single file download there are these two...
Gofile is good and has 30GB
FileMail is good and has 50GB

Good file hosts are there, they just need to be used more... hope they get more popular for OP links but yeah replacing nopy will be hard but not impossible, besides they might come back some day and throw a surprise party ;).
Does limit works if we use IDM to download from these sites ??

• Thinking Face
Reactions: FAP369ZONE
Jan 15, 2019
Uff i did not use idm in a long time so honestly i don't know what features it has now... and what do you mean by limit? You mean like mega limiting 5GB per 24h or something else?
Yes limit like mega has , but you cannot use idm with mega

idm takes over the download process when you are downloading with nopy or mediafire etc.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Sadly (for me, happy for you), no way we are getting a harem ending. DPC just doesn't roll that way. One of his favourite things to do is seduce you with candy and then rip it away. Here is university full of all different kinds of woman and you want to at least sample them if not collect them all. At first DPC lets you do it and that's the insidious nature of it. Once you get a taste for it, then he begins to throw in consequences and closes off routes when you have your fingers in too many honey pots whereas in rl no one would care if you sleep around (men or women) at first year university. It's the one time and age you're "supposed" to do it.

I like the replayability...to a point. There are a lot of women in this game and I don't like having to create a new save for every one of them just to see all of the best content and lewds. Especially when you consider how long this game will be and how choices in ep. X can result in unforeseen problems in ep. X + 4. I dread the day I have to start over yet another new game and fast forward through 16 episodes because one little thing I did in ep. 10 fucked me over. It wasn't so bad when there were 4 episodes, but it's becoming a chore to play through some of the less desirable game moments (ex. D&G, english tests, Jill's meth face, rebound guy, Lynette diary mammaries memories, etc.) that you have seen countless times. I gave up. I'm riding out my manwhore save for as long as possible until attrition ultimately claims every girl. I assume at the end I'll be left with only Arieth. She is probably the only one DPC won't have throw a hissy fit when you refuse the exclusivity ultimatum that every girl will eventually throw at you.
To me, the fundamental problem with Harem endings is that the always feel artificial, like the writer just glued all the individual girls' paths together into a single superset. For a harem to really work, each girl's path to the harem would need to feel different than it would to pursue her individually. Even if all the girls have a personality that would accept a harem (already a limiting feature), there's still a big difference between a monogamous relationship and being part of a crowd (even more so if she's involved with some of the other girls, too).

Of course the problem with that is that it vastly increases the amount of work for the dev. It also makes a harem ending feel sort of bittersweet. Everyone can be happy with the new arrangement, but there's always going to be that nagging sense of what might have been if only the MC had picked one girl alone. To me, that's what would make the whole experience worthwhile. But I suspect it wouldn't sit well with others who just want the happily ever after in a very large bed ending.

As for the problems of replayability, I see your point but I don't think I can agree. I've played a lot of these games with branching content, but I don't always have much desire to every branch. Heavy Five, for example, has zillions of possible options to explore, but I just lost interest in all of them because despite liking the premise I couldn't get invested invested in the plot or the characters. But in BaDIK, even content I'm not particularly interested in (like Bella) still feels worth seeking out.

I think the idea of branching options is necessary to make our decisions meaningful. Ideally those options should have enough contextual clues to give you some idea of the likely outcomes. I think BaDIK generally succeeds with that - witness the very fact you're pessimistic about getting a harem ending - but in the end that's always going to be a bit subjective.

I can totally understand the frustration of liking some of the game's content while still disliking large portions of its gameplay, but I don't think there's a simple solution. Even the best mods suffer because its trying to fundamentally alter the the core of the game. A mod that lets you swap variable easily is probably the best option; it's a huge time saver for those interested, but I feel like the accessibility is inevitably going to diminish the fun of seeing the different outcomes. A more ambitious mods that try to splice all the disparate paths together strike me as akin to re-cutting "Finding Nemo" into a police procedural: a skilled editor might be able to pull it off, but the end result is still going to be a wildly different experience.

If you respond to an extreme position with an extreme one, you are not doing yourself a good service.

are all sluts at BR? is this really your answer to the fact that Jill has friendship only with a teacher? and that she makes friends on the fly with the only girl (who would also answer to the generic identikit of slut... but in the positive sense) towards whom she knows the only boy she has ever been interested in has feelings?

BADIk is an extremely light story, with no particular clockwork mechanism that makes people cry out for a miracle, where almost every situation is handled according to emotional outbursts that justify any outcome (they all run away for the least believable reasons ..)

but there is only one point on which I don't agree with you at all: the fact that there is this extreme attention to detail, DPC takes great care in creating "verisimilitude" especially in the dialogues, where he tries to take into account everything that happened, but then blatantly ignores certain situations, which would have their own importance, but would complicate his work.

so we have Chad's shoes in Troy's room (how many times did it happen to you to leave your shoes at the house of a girl with whom you had a clandestine relationship? did you come back barefoot?), and at the same time Josy is punished by her parents for having dinner with a boy (if Mc stays it makes sense, otherwise not at all. or do you want to tell me that Josy's beloved father is more bigoted than Maya's father?) and many other intersections that for simplicity DPC has decided simply not to handle

BADIK is an exceptional entertainment, which is light years from the average of the games of this genre (mainly because of the very low average), and probably will also have a positive effect as an example on other productions. but it is a soap opera, a telenovelas, not the Murder on the Orient Express
Hang on, why isn't BaDIK similar to Murder on the Orient Express? I'm a fan of classic murder mysteries, but there are plenty of people who would consider them relatively low brow entertainment. If AVNs ever go mainstream, BaDIK seems like a good candidate to be one of the classics in 40 years time.

As for verisimilitude, that's always going to be a bit subjective. The real world operates largely at random, so it's not like a world without coincidences would feel particularly realistic. It's always going to be incumbent on an author to structure the 'external' events of the story in such a way that they support and reinforce it. That's what makes a story different than just a collection of things that happen, after all.

The art is in making the 'random' events that happen in support the story feel grounded within the story rather than purely at the behest of the author. We can try to come up with objective criteria for that, and they can be helpful in extreme cases: Bella vaporizing Tybalt with her heat ray vision after being dosed with radiation from the unexploded atomic bomb in her locked room, while potentially very satisfying, does seem inconsistent with the world as presented. But for less outlandish cases, in the end it's often going to boil down to two things when a potentially implausible event occurs: do the characters' reactions to it ring true, and are the consequences of that event and/or the various reactions interesting to observe?

On those counts I would say BaDIK has far more successes than failures. There have certainly been failures: I don't like the way the Jill blackmail subplot has been handled; I felt the resolution to the Maya/Josy crisis in Episode 4 did not fit the events that caused the crisis; I don't understand why Sage's fuckbuddy would automatically worry about being a rebound guy after she breaks up. These are problems with the story that do diminish my enjoyment of it. But there are a lot of other parts of the story, and they work far, far better. As a result, on the whole I consider BaDIK a strong net positive.

No one is required to share that opinion, and if the game is much less of a success for you, that's fine.

But I think that's a far cry from saying the game is poorly written or thought out. On the contrary, I see a very well written game. Characters have consistent dialog that does not feel stilted. There are very few grammatical errors (or programming bugs). The concepts and characters of importance are established before they begin driving the plot. Even the outlandish twists are always foreshadowed in retrospect (and sometimes in foresight, as with the Chad/Troy twist).

To the extent that I can make objective judgements about the craftsmanship of this game, I'd have to call it very high. The fact that there are practical limits on player choices, or that some choices combine ancillary outcomes, is not a mark against the game, it's a necessary nod to reality.

FAP369ZONE

Aug 29, 2018
Yes limit like mega has , but you cannot use idm with mega

idm takes over the download process when you are downloading with nopy or mediafire etc.
I might be wrong but as far as i know none of them have such a limit or at least i have never encountered it with the downloads... tbh my net is slow and 20GB would probably take me about 12 hours (aka about 2-3 days real time) to download so i might not even hit whatever limits they (IF) have :HideThePain:.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes