sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
Nothing overboard about it, so I have screenshots of VN girls. Big deal. My girlfriend/long-time partner of 13 years doesn't seem to care.

If people want to make a big deal about it, I guess I'll start Ignoring anyone who does, to the point where I am in this thread talking to myself.
Nothing of the sorts... I just don't seem to understand what is it in this that would make someone ( now YOU ) a lala :LOL:
Speaking for myself... I don't collect anything like this as you and many others do ! Does that make me a lala too ? :ROFLMAO:
I wouldn't care if anyone collected 350000 ( numbers can go up :KEK: ) it's not my business ! Maybe this is what makes me a lala !!! :eek:
;)

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Nothing of the sorts... I just don't seem to understand what is it in this that would make someone ( now YOU ) a lala :LOL:
Speaking for myself... I don't collect anything like this as you and many others do ! Does that make me a lala too ? :ROFLMAO:
I wouldn't care if anyone collected 350000 ( numbers can go up :KEK: ) it's not my business ! Maybe this is what makes me a lala !!! :eek:
;)
I have many screensavers put together; about 5000 pictures of landscapes and cities of Japan, the screensaver for the VN girls, at one point I collected images from World War I & II. I like having variety. Yeah I'm a little off my rocker, I'm bipolar schizoaffective who has had many times in psych ward, so I guess that gives me an excuse to be a "lala."

Still ignored his (I guess) stupid ass though. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: sixart

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
Dude ever since you've composed your first message on this thread, you've been absolutely nothing but abrasive and negative. You call me princess but you're the one with the little pink panties on wedged high in your asscrack. Take your 3rd grade insults and suck em up that same ass. Get the fuck outta here with your negative shit and stop trying to pick fights with people on an internet forum.
Says the one with his panties in a wad. Cry some more.

weirdscix

Apr 10, 2021
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

good for Maya. I would bitch-slap massive chick MC for being a wuss (if he didn't punch Tyballs after prep party, then another hard one).

although some DIK status choices make one appear petulant and immature; and sometimes creepy.
Yeah, Bella is one of the worst

BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021
I like to keep screenshots of things in these games, I'm not the first, won't be the last. If that's "lala" to you, fine, but guess what else is fine..more than fine even, is me hitting the Ignore button on you.
Dude you are obsessed you have 35k, once again 35,000:eek:... that's definitely some lala shit... i mean i have some screenshots but i dunno like 100 or something not 35K... :KEK:

Reactions: Ilhares

Meghead

Apr 28, 2021
Sometimes I don't understand this good/bad system, It is understandable that smoking weed on the roof can be considered a good/bad action, but why banging the teacher who shows interest in you is seen as a bad choice, she is the mom of our rival(sort of) if you are on the Jill\Bella route, bj scene with Cathy in the car did not have this dik\chick choice at all.

I dont get it.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Of those games, I've only played Deluca Family, Depraved Awakening, City of Broken Dreamers, and Leap of Faith and I gotta disagree.

All of those stories are richer, and potentially more intriguing. They all want to tell a better story than BaDIK's simply slice of life in college tale.

But in my opinion, they are not written "better":
  • Deluca Family is intriguing, but the writing is shit. The characters all sound like one guy writing everyone's lines (they are all fucking crazy). It was enjoyable at first but only the rich potential for the story is interesting, the actual writing is amateurish.
  • Depraved Awakening is a typical Film Noir with x-rated sex. It's just one big cliche and by the end I fast forwarded. It's not badly written, but I couldn't bring myself to bother reading any of it again.
  • City of Broken Dreamers I thought rivalled BaDIK except when the last episode came out I decided to play the game from scratch. Before I even got to the new content I was bored, because while story is interesting, the writing is not interesting.
  • To me Leap of Faith is an embarrassment. It's just one guys wet dream and the characters are all shallow as fuck. And by shallow, I don't mean the character is portrayed as a shallow person, I mean the characters have hardly any depth, and what depth they seem to have feels like it's written by a 12 year old.
Once again, the stories of the above games are more complex and intend to tell something much bigger than BaDIK, which is just a college sex romp with character entanglements. But fuck me if it's not better written than all of those I've just swiftly critiqued.

Every line uttered by each character in BaDIK hits a chord. I have re-played the game countless times and still laugh at the same jokes. The writing is spot on.

People say that even DPC admitted that writing is his biggest weakness, but that's never put into context. He actually said his method of writing plays to his strengths (i.e. writing character dialogue) as his weakness is writing a narration based story and even suggests a narrator ruins the immersion.

So it obviously comes down to personal preference, but I'd prefer a simple story told well compared to a great story told poorly, and I don't believe there's an example on this site of a great story told well.
Fair enough, as those are your opinion. Our opinion diverse greatly (most especially on LoF), but this is all subjective and there's no right or wrong, despite what some think.

Having said that, I'd say BADIK is even more cliché than DA, just a different genre (college humor vs. film noir).

J.A.L.

Nov 27, 2021
and I don't believe there's an example on this site of a great story told well.
Because writing a decent (not to say "great") story, and writing it well, is way more difficult than create good renders or programming Ren´py. And probably most of the devs have some kind of formation as graphic designers and programmers, but know shit about creative writing. And it´s a skill that have its rules and can be learn too.

DPC, like the devs of those games you talk about, probably have a creative mind, so he they can invent a good story, but don´t have the knowledge about creative writing to tell it well, the way a profesional video games screen writer would do. It´s like a musician that has a natural talent for music, but never attended to music lessons, compared with a musician that both has natural talent and attended to music lessons.

Reactions: shazba

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Sometimes I don't understand this good/bad system, It is understandable that smoking weed on the roof can be considered a good/bad action, but why banging the teacher who shows interest in you is seen as a bad choice, she is the mom of our rival(sort of) if you are on the Jill\Bella route, bj scene with Cathy in the car did not have this dik\chick choice at all.

I dont get it.
I see it as a moral thing my friend. There's only to D/N/C choices in Ep. 8 (the answers in the bathroom, and Derek getting a drink thrown at him) yeah they're not major, but still in a way, moral choices. Do you flush the papers or cheat? Did you egg on Derek for revenge, or cool him down?

Getting a BJ from Cathy, screwing Jade, messing with the HOTs who are doing things illegally and sleeping around with everyone. Some peoples morals aren't as sacred as they are to others. Yeah we're told time and time again, and even parents say to their kids don't do this or don't do that, don't act like this, but act like that.

Like life, there's many choices in this game that are seen as moral choices; do you bang everything that looks at you? Do you follow your frat brothers down the rabbit hole of college hell? Do you want that one specific girl out of the whole campus and won't touch anyone else?

It all comes down to morals; I guess if you're an asshole in real life, you're one in the game...?

Having a neutral affinity is I guess everyone's goal...? A balance of good and bad, positive and negative where one doesn't overly outweigh the other?

I bring what I am as a person to these games, which is why I never cheat on my LIs, I never smoke or drink anything if given that choice, don't go to the strip bars or sleep with the girls who are walking seafood buffets.

I have respect for people in stations above me (teachers, professors, etc) and try to help people without the sexual connection to them, who are having issues with things (Maya, Sage, etc)

It's just who I am, so I bring those beliefs into this game, as well as others (AL, CoBD, etc)

So even though it's a game, it's moral choices that mean the most, and to me, that's what the D/N/C choices are

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2019
Fair enough, as those are your opinion. Our opinion diverse greatly (most especially on LoF), but this is all subjective and there's no right or wrong, despite what some think.

Having said that, I'd say BADIK is even more cliché than DA, just a different genre (college humor vs. film noir).
What you missed talking about is that BADIK doesn't have some weird family relationships going on and doesn't rely on that to get the players attention like most vn do

zizo10z

Feb 23, 2021
I downloaded the saves from OP and I have a question
How can I change the name?
Because from the new phone I have the option to change the name, but how do I change it from the old phone

Casiope

Nov 30, 2017

I dont get it.
I would not refer to this system as good/bad. The choices are more in line with supportive and friendly behavior on one side; bold, cheeky or even provocative on the other side. But these are caricatured postures that do not always fit the complexity of the situation. The Neutral affinity, often associated with DIK or Chick, allows to mitigate this duality when affinity and statut are required.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
I downloaded the saves from OP and I have a question
How can I change the name?
Because from the new phone I have the option to change the name, but how do I change it from the old phone
On the phone click on settings there is where you can change the name

JohnnyBlazePT

Nov 3, 2021
she's still my favourite

Isabella supremacy!

and you thought this is heart-wrenching, I've had this ominous feeling that DPC is gonna blast our souls into pieces in S3 in Bella route.:HideThePain:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
i also have the feeling that something bad will happen to bella, not death but maybe her husband comes back and beats her or something
i hope not because i dont play these games to be depressed but we never know whats on devs head :HideThePain:

4.80 star(s) 1,509 Votes