Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
instead there are simply 2 things Maya should have done a LONG time ago: stop trusting her father, and try to figure out how to get out of this loan. now trusting Burke is really hard... let's hope for Jade
Since DPC wrote this the other way around, there's no way Maya gets out of that contract (since she is the co-signer and her dad is the borrower), unless Patrick personally anulls the contract and signs a new one without Maya as the co-signer. The whole thing is so complicated that it doesn't really makes sense. If this was real life, there are a few things that would never happen:

1. Maya really can't be a co-signer for a student loan. For that to happen, banks require a really good credit score so you can co-sign it. I doubt she has the credit score for it, so she has to lien a house, car, business and etc. (it has to be her legally owned property) until it matches the loan size + interest.
2. Patrick as the borrower in this situation is a beyond retardedly written storyline. When you apply for a student loan, you don't personally get the money, but the college recieves it. And even though the borrower is signed as the legal holder of the money, he/she never gets his hands on the funds. Instead the bank sends them to the college and it's entered in the system.
3. Contrary to the popular belief, it is the borrower's responsibility to make monthly payments on the loan. If he is unable to, then the bank holds the co-signer responsible for making payments. If the co-signer is also unable to make them, then the bank has the legal rights to seize whatever the co-signer liened in the contract or owns until it meets the loan criteria. So in this situation, Patrick has to pay the tuition and unless he is unable to, then it is Maya's responsibility for it.

I'm going to give you an example. When my fiancée and I were buying our apartment, we had to apply for a loan (we didn't have the entire amount, so we loaned the remaining part). It's quite a lengthy process honestly and basically they required us to prove that we were going to use the money to buy a property. They made us sign a contract in case we couldn't make payments, we liened the apartment, so if we didn't pay, the bank would seize the apartment, sell it and close up the loan. The contract is rather ridiculously long and it has a lot of interesting points, but we are risking getting out of topic.

Reactions: hakuna-matata

Mr. Darke

Jan 17, 2020
If you haven't played the last episode yet, you're in for a surprise. Trust me it's worth it. :sneaky:
I don't know... The last time someone said to me "you're in for a surprise", I spent the next 3 hours handcuffed to a bed while a woman inside a Minnie Mouse costume- I just don't have a great track record with being surprised. But if you're saying it's time for me to update, maybe I will.

Omicron6

Dec 17, 2021
I guess even though Jill rejected him, we are far from over with dealing with that guy. I guess Chad and Troy really need to step up their game and fuck that ass properly. :Kappa:
Agreed. He is definitely the kind of person who won't take no for an answer and whether you are both in Jill or Sage's Path, he definitely will be a hindrance to both especially if you decided to be a dik in the early episodes. I definitely had to do different saves for that haha! And you know, that is not a bad idea at all. If there is a Lesbian scene, I wouldn't mind a gay scene just to fuck him up, that's another perfect way for a dik path lol! But with that comes with consequences. Will it affect my LI in the future? Highly possible.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Since DPC wrote this the other way around, there's no way Maya gets out of that contract (since she is the co-signer and her dad is the borrower), unless Patrick personally anulls the contract and signs a new one without Maya as the co-signer. The whole thing is so complicated that it doesn't really makes sense. If this was real life, there are a few things that would never happen:

1. Maya really can't be a co-signer for a student loan. For that to happen, banks require a really good credit score so you can co-sign it. I doubt she has the credit score for it, so she has to lien a house, car, business and etc. (it has to be her legally owned property) until it matches the loan size + interest.
2. Patrick as the borrower in this situation is a beyond retardedly written storyline. When you apply for a student loan, you don't personally get the money, but the college recieves it. And even though the borrower is signed as the legal holder of the money, he/she never gets his hands on the funds. Instead the bank sends them to the college and it's entered in the system.
3. Contrary to the popular belief, it is the borrower's responsibility to make monthly payments on the loan. If he is unable to, then the bank holds the co-signer responsible for making payments. If the co-signer is also unable to make them, then the bank has the legal rights to seize whatever the co-signer liened in the contract or owns until it meets the loan criteria. So in this situation, Patrick has to pay the tuition and unless he is unable to, then it is Maya's responsibility for it.

I'm going to give you an example. When my fiancée and I were buying our apartment, we had to apply for a loan (we didn't have the entire amount, so we loaned the remaining part). It's quite a lengthy process honestly and basically they required us to prove that we were going to use the money to buy a property. They made us sign a contract in case we couldn't make payments, we liened the apartment, so if we didn't pay, the bank would seize the apartment, sell it and close up the loan. The contract is rather ridiculously long and it has a lot of interesting points, but we are risking getting out of topic.
in all sincerity I hope that DOC confirms the story of the loan, because I'd rather swallow this nonsense than the scenario of Maya super naive and that all she had to suffer was completely unnecessary.

But I doubt it, and the fact that Maya herself hints at it in chapter 7 seems like a clue to me.

my favorite closure to the story remains the reconciliation with her father, but maybe in this case I'm hoping for too much.

about the improbability of the whole thing, you are right, but I'll tell you more, even accepting that Patrick has managed to deceive everything and everyone with some Jedi tricks, it would be enough to turn to those who issued the loan, and it would be the lawyers of that bank/credit institution/mafia shysters to take care of the problem

Omicron6

Dec 17, 2021
Merry Christmas! ;)
By the way, where is Quinn? :unsure:
Thank you! :cool:
I asked the same thing, but since it's the season, I'll go with her being on the rooftop with the other Santa hahaha! (You know she's on the rooftop... she's high... A lame joke I know! *facepalm* lol)
But seriously, she's probably doing her underground shenanigans, and this was an old render where Quinn wasn't given more exposure. Gotta love Quinn scenes though, do you agree? :D:sneaky:

Reactions: kih1952

nyrek

Apr 19, 2021
my favorite closure to the story remains the reconciliation with her father, but maybe in this case I'm hoping for too much.
I see this as a possibility only in case of a single maya path down the road. and even then I am not certain patrick will be convinced to become a "better" father to maya
and maybe maya won't stop resenting him for how he behaved towards her

somehow I doubt we'll see a repeat of josy's story with her dad

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dalli_x

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I see this as a possibility only in case of a single maya path down the road. and even then I am not certain patrick will be convinced to become a "better" father to maya
and maybe maya won't stop resenting him for how he behaved towards her

somehow I doubt we'll see a repeat of josy's story with her dad
DPC doesn't branch out too much in its story, so the closing of Maya's story with the loan will be the same no matter what happens.

at most there could be a negative ending if we do too many stupid things, but I doubt it.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I agree in part. (y)

But at the end of EP3, Maya tells the MC that she doesn't believe his lies anymore. But that doesn't change her situation, because Patrick obviously doesn't care what he's actually doing to his daughter. Derek, too, only mildly and secretly defies his father. The drama is well constructed despite flaws in the details. But it's time for it to come to an end in EP9.:unsure::rolleyes:(y)
Maya says a lot of things :ROFLMAO:

but then in chapter 6/7 she was so sure that her father (with the key to her room) would make surprise visits just by telling Derek earlier, that she didn't see much danger in living with Josy for a week...

Sep 9, 2021
in all sincerity I hope that DOC confirms the story of the loan, because I'd rather swallow this nonsense than the scenario of Maya super naive and that all she had to suffer was completely unnecessary.

But I doubt it, and the fact that Maya herself hints at it in chapter 7 seems like a clue to me.

about the improbability of the whole thing, you are right, but I'll tell you more, even accepting that Patrick has managed to deceive everything and everyone with some Jedi tricks, it would be enough to turn to those who issued the loan, and it would be the lawyers of that bank/credit institution/mafia shysters to take care of the problem
reconciliation with her own father ? that must have sound crazy for most maya fans. I have also read your comment about solving maya problem and for this and that comment. (y)

Omicron6

Dec 17, 2021
Maya makes her own problems, everyone else's problems...
Maya is stupid and selfish. In addition, she destroyed the relationship of the protagonist from the very beginning.
She also instilled the idea of being "honest to one another" from the start and yet she wasn't completely honest about the whole situation and sets MC of high regard to the matter and reacts about it... I did like Maya for the small part when MC and Josy parted ways at the very first few episodes of the game, not knowing at that time who's the next potential LI and then went completely downhill from there.

Reactions: JennyW

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
However, none of this matters what you and many others may think. DPC won't change its history even if you can drink 20 liters of beer in a headstand.:rolleyes:

I could easily live with it if Jill, Isabella and Quinn didn't exist in the game. But they do exist. But I don't waste hate thoughts on it. I come to terms with the story and the characters, preferring to search for the positive aspects of their existence. :D

But this is something everyone has to decide for himself. I prefer to play BaDIK and enjoy it without always having negative and hateful thoughts in the back of my mind.:p
Since when are you Mahatma dalli_x? :Kappa: I want more insane theories about the game, like why there will be a Josy and Jill throuple ending because Jill's room is painted white and Josy wears white pants. :ROFLMAO:

4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes