Olsens.M

Apr 23, 2021
No, the people saying get a job are the dumb ones. You haven't been able to pay your way through uni with a part time job since like the 70's. Are there so many people on this board that are that out of touch?
You are so wrong about that. Maybe in your country things are like that. I will give you an example in game. Lily's job, give her plenty of money to pay all her tuition and live a nice life as well. Stripper makes a lot of money, specially if you do services like what Nicole does (private dances). In college and after college, there were many mansions where I live with girls who does what "the hot" does and they would charge in my country around $ 200/300 per client. If they had 4 clients in an night, that would be enough to pay to may for a month of a college tuition. In my country we pay per month, but if you get a Loan to College, you pay only after you are done with college. That means you would have a lot of money already to pay your parcels.
So imagine $800 or $1000ka month wouldn't they be able to pay their tuition?
When I was in college, coming from my accounting background, I got a job that would pay me $1,5k month. My montly tuition was around $900. I could pay the tuition but I could barely pay rent and eat, etc. But talking with some professors, one of them got me an internship after my first year in a company and they would pay me around $2k per month. with that I could already pay my rent eat, and live. And before even finish my college, I had already a job earning twice of that money. I also had gotten 50% scollarship when I was in the mid of my course. So things worked out for me, by having a job and talking to people.
But if you never try, you will never get anywhere.
Remember the Diks had the whole mansion destroyed and they all worked together to fix it. With they all working together, more people helped them out. Why? Because they were not in a corner crying waiting for someone fix their problem.
Life is just like this. In life, if you wanna get rid of your parents dictatorship, the first thing you have to do is find a job, the rest will happen. You will learn a lot when you are by yourself.

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
Maya can use the same job board the DIKs used, she can help the guy dispose of the dead body, personally I sent Tommy but I think Maya can handle that.

Or taking the fat girl out for a night in the town, perfect for Maya. I sent Jam Jam and Leon, hopefully they got lucky those boys deserve it.

Kamuisaki

May 26, 2020
So. Others don't need a job.

And at the same time, Maya's problems will not be solved by a job.

In other words, she doesnt need a job... since a job will not solve her problems.

Yet, she doesn't have a job that she doesn't need. And somehow this is enough to hate her. Not like the rest of the people who also dont have a job they dont need.

And, i am sorry but if your claim is that life is unfair and then we are entitled to enforce unfairness instead of question it or at the barely least ignore it... thats Maya haters struggle? wow.
You want to defend Maya , it's okay it's a character that you like so it's normal but why does the fact that some character like KRJ or Sally don't work is important to say that Maya don't need to work ? At first, they say working because it's the normal way to make money, they just tried to find way for her to solve her problems by herself.
I'm sorry to say this but Maya will not be more liked if others characters solve her problems at her place, in contrary it will make the others characters more liked and Maya less-liked.

Also I already said that yes a job will not be enough to help her, but people are more liked if they at least try to do somethings to solve theirs problems. I'm sorry to say this but Maya would be helped more by others people if she tried to do somethings just by herself without asking for help, than just recieving pity. They are people who will help her because they pity her, but others will not pity because she does nothings in theirs eyes.

Reactions: Awry90 and TajaRrR

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
I think several people have been saying for quite some time now that they would welcome ANY growth in Maya's character, so it's hardly moving the goalpost.

But I do thank you for the insight. I always wondered what made people such fan's of Maya, now we can see.
The funny thing is my first choice is Izzy, then Sage then Josy, but I dare to question your inane criticisms so I must be a maya fanboy, right?

OFT

Jan 6, 2020
Have you skipped over mine and ACs posts? They kind of read like that.

If I'm being honest, in the last four days I've skipped over any posts (hundreds of them) that I suspected were more propagated bullshit Maya debates in which I spotted any of the following words or phrases through a quick visual scan:

• Hater
  • Fanboy
  • Tuition
  • Badly written
  • Real life
  • Job
  • Selfish
  • In my country
  • Your argument
  • Solve her problems
  • And a shitload of others I don't care to recall

A lot of it actually made me sympathetic to Troy:

1640643165525.png

There were likely several skipped posts that were not part of No Man's Land, but I'm not tiptoeing through that minefield to find them.

kyrlian

May 26, 2017
The fact that Maya fans don't want that, tells us everything we need to know, and when Maya's biggest champion believes there is a route where Maya is also your sister, is again, perfect example of Maya fans.
There is some psychology involved there (not talking about the incest part, I won't go there). If she becomes a strong independent woman that solves her problems they can't help her and then they fear she will walk away. Is the classic White Knight/Good Guy thinking, transactional love. A saviour needs a damsel in distress.

There is a bit of that in everybody, we like to help people but is the main drive in some cases.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
If I'm being honest, in the last four days I've skipped over any posts (hundreds of them) that I suspected were more propagated bullshit Maya debates in which I spotted any of the following words or phrases through a quick visual scan:

• Hater
  • Fanboy
  • Tuition
  • Badly written
  • Real life
  • Job
  • Selfish
  • In my country
  • Your argument
  • Solve her problems

View attachment 1566161

There were likely several skipped posts that were not part of No Man's Land, but I'm not tiptoeing through that minefield to find them.
but how come nobody asks when the next chapter is coming out?

Where are they?
I miss them... They weren't bad.

Can someone please ask? :cry:

varage

Jun 26, 2019
Once again, a twisting of the facts.:rolleyes:

What job do you think Maya would get? (unskilled)
Would the job cover all expenses? (food, housing, tuition)
If Josy had not been discovered by Patrick, would a job have been necessary?
Didn't Maya tell the MC that she studied hard for three years to finish college early so she would be free afterwards?

Why did Sage decide to help her? Maya even made it clear to Sage in the library that she wanted nothing to do with her. So why? There are two HOT sisters missing. Mona and Maya. If something like this went public, it would be a huge blow to the HOTs' image. The trigger was the rumor and Quinn, who did not rule out the rumor. She is the vice president of the HOTs and often acts against the interests of her sorority (EP5 Preps Party). Sage herself notes that she should have been more presenter. So once again, Sage has to clean up Quinn's mess so as not to jeopardize the HOT's reputation. Sage turns to Josy and the MC and suspects there is more. Sage persists and eventually wants to help Maya herself. Maya didn't ask her to. But Maya, through this drama, has pushed Sage's development from a party girl to a responsible young woman. (y)

To be honest, I really like this saga. Would this have happened without this drama construct?:unsure:
Also, everyone acts like Maya's a user and abuser of people but she doesn't ask for help. You offer help. Does she ask for help with her scavenger hunt? No does mc offer it? Maybe depending on relationship. And the whole joining the HOTs in the first place was her trying to handle it herself not using anyone or asking for help. Did Maya help the MC in his time of need? Yes for a night as a favor for Derek the rest of his stay in her dorm was because she wanted to help the MC out.
They act like she's some cloak and dagger villain and i honestly don't understand it she's a reclusive low-self esteemed girl, That's all. Maybe it's because she's not the common trope. Sage the trashy girl. Bella the Naughty Librarian. Quinn the broken girl. Jill the good girl. Josy the summer crush.
Maya simply doesn't play into a common trope because wall flowers are usually just that in adult visual novels. It all boils down to empathy. If you have it you can understand every decision she makes. If you don't you judge her because you have nothing better to do. Every Decision she makes is deep seated in her. Her getting mc tazed(overly trusting). Her not being happy about Josy's dads reaction. (She would have died and gone to heaven if she had even got a good job from her dad for being valedictorian after being picked on all through high school by kids and then going home to deal with her dad who says he wish's she'd never been born.) Sage, pried into her life by opening up about maybe her boyfriend troubles maybe something more towards how she feels being an orphan not released yet what the conversation entailed. Again she was offered help.

My point is she's not a pity party she takes what is offered to her she doesn't ask for it. People look at her actions without thinking of her as a character with feelings and emotions behind it and I'll tell you one thing that sets Being A Dik apart from most other visual novels. All his characters seem to have been brought to life in my humble opinion. They seem to have a life we are privy to look into. Some may say this is too much for an adult visual novel, but I think it's a plus knowing that this game could probably stand as a standard romance novel with all hentai scenes removed. Again, ill mention and sorry DPK but his first game not even the main character felt real to me. They had no soul. I didn't care about a single character in that game and one of them was dying of cancer. It was poorly done in my humble opinion, but this game and that game are like night and fucking day. He went from making me care about none of them to caring about the side characters. Shout out to Monah Riona and Camila hell even Lilly.

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020

• Hater
  • Fanboy
  • Tuition
  • Badly written
  • Real life
  • Job
  • Selfish
  • In my country
  • Your argument
  • Solve her problems

View attachment 1566161

I feel that. I try to move the conversation but they just don't stop.

The mods here should just make Maya off topic and delete everything to do with her.

Olsens.M

Apr 23, 2021
So. Others don't need a job.

And at the same time, Maya's problems will not be solved by a job.

In other words, she doesnt need a job... since a job will not solve her problems.

Yet, she doesn't have a job that she doesn't need. And somehow this is enough to hate her. Not like the rest of the people who also dont have a job they dont need.

And, i am sorry but if your claim is that life is unfair and then we are entitled to enforce unfairness instead of question it or at the barely least ignore it... thats Maya haters struggle? wow.
This is so stupid, no one else is having problems to pay their tuition or they parents said they won't pay it. Josy dad went personally bring her stuff and tell her he is paying for everything. Apologize to her, etc. MC, the poorest guy on B&R, worked before college and Got a loan like everyone else. But when he needed money, what was the first thing he did? He looked for a job. He talked to Isabella for a job?? are you for real? Do you think the girls at "HOTs" do what they do for fun only? Because they are sluts? or because they are also paying for their tuition that way? you don't consider prostitution a job? It is the oldest Job in the world. When Jesus walked on earth, Prostitutes already existed. Lily got a job to pay for her tuition as well, did you miss the part where she says that?
There are many other jobs other than sexual ones.
You are trying to compare someone who is having a problem with her dad and risking to lose her loan and tuition with other people who are all ok. The Diks were talking about keeping their jobs to keep the money coming after having the mansion fixed.
Anyway. Again. Since I was the one who brought the Job idea to this thread. Nothing will change maya's situation because DPC wrote her story like that. He wanted her in that situation. But don't say Job won't help anyone, because you are being stupid. Bella even told MC that the Nerds works at the library. Everyone is making money somehow. Even our MC by fighting in an app and stealing money from people's house and even maya's money.

Reactions: hakuna-matata

varage

Jun 26, 2019
You are so wrong about that. Maybe in your country things are like that. I will give you an example in game. Lily's job, give her plenty of money to pay all her tuition and live a nice life as well. Stripper makes a lot of money, especially if you do services like what Nicole does (private dances). In college and after college, there were many mansions where I live with girls who does what "the hot" does and they would charge in my country around $ 200/300 per client. If they had 4 clients in a night, that would be enough to pay to may for a month of a college tuition. In my country we pay per month, but if you get a Loan to College, you pay only after you are done with college. That means you would have a lot of money already to pay your parcels.
So, imagine $800 or $1000ka month wouldn't they be able to pay their tuition?
When I was in college, coming from my accounting background, I got a job that would pay me $1,5k month. My monthly tuition was around $900. I could pay the tuition, but I could barely pay rent and eat, etc. But talking with some professors, one of them got me an internship after my first year in a company and they would pay me around $2k per month. with that I could already pay my rent eat, and live. And before even finish my college, I had already a job earning twice of that money. I also had gotten 50% scollarship when I was in the mid of my course. So, things worked out for me, by having a job and talking to people.
But if you never try, you will never get anywhere.
Remember the Diks had the whole mansion destroyed and they all worked together to fix it. With they all are working together, more people helped them out. Why? Because they were not in a corner crying waiting for someone fix their problem.
Life is just like this. In life, if you want to get rid of your parent's dictatorship, the first thing you have to do is find a job, the rest will happen. You will learn a lot when you are by yourself.
So you went to a university, paying a monthly fee? Not like a flat tuition. You sure you're not thinking about a community college? Or paying off your student loan monthly like Maya cannot do because she has bad credit because of her father. And can't take out two loans. Not to mention the Job you're telling a lesbian to do is become a hooker to get through college which I mean possible but someone with her issues don't think it'll happen though it would probably boost her confidence after the first few clients.

varage

Jun 26, 2019
I don't know why he's so hooked on maya becoming a hooker to get through college A Illegal B even if it were legal she shouldn't have to to go to college as he already said he didn't. C very few women have the constitution to take dicks for money. D even fewer Lesbians do.

4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes