Antera

Nov 19, 2017
I just completed S2 and dame it was best VN I have ever read... loved it. only question I have, how long usually each chapter takes to make?

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Having a rough night mentally tonight with my bipolar schizoaffective shit, but I wanted to ask y'all if anyone happens to have all of RIona's rewards & renders they can zip together and throw up somewhere for me to download. I'm starting the run tomorrow, well, later today, and I'd rather not do multiple PTs just to get all the rewards.

I'd rather not UnRen the game, but if that's what I'm going to have to do, I will, but I'd figured I'd ask here to save time, and hard disk space, as it's very slim lately on both of my computers.

Thanks and much appreciated to anyone that happens or decides to help. I need fucking meds to sleep tonight. I wouldn't wish what I have on my worst fucking enemy.

SteveyP

Jul 1, 2017
My main argument against the March or even April release is that it is too short an update to take so long to do it. By the standards of DPC, of course. It's just hard to explain why such a small update has been done for so long, although it can be done safely within a month like other developers. And besides, I am sure that he has an internal schedule of update releases and the March update will break the entire schedule.
Perhaps the combination of the Steam and GOG launch as well as the Holidays affected the development enough to push it back. The truth of the matter is that we don't know how fast he's gonna knock the rest out since we don't even know the true scope of the episode. Apparently it's gonna be much smaller than what we normally get. For all we know he could be done in the next 2 weeks now that he's back to developing full-time.

SteveyP

Jul 1, 2017
Having a rough night mentally tonight with my bipolar schizoaffective shit, but I wanted to ask y'all if anyone happens to have all of RIona's rewards & renders they can zip together and throw up somewhere for me to download. I'm starting the run tomorrow, well, later today, and I'd rather not do multiple PTs just to get all the rewards.

I'd rather not UnRen the game, but if that's what I'm going to have to do, I will, but I'd figured I'd ask here to save time, and hard disk space, as it's very slim lately on both of my computers.

Thanks and much appreciated to anyone that happens or decides to help. I need fucking meds to sleep tonight. I wouldn't wish what I have on my worst fucking enemy.
Would a persistent file with everything unlocked be okay? Or do you just want all the individual pictures (screenshots of all her scenes etc.)?

JamieSadistic

Dec 19, 2018
When do you get the chance to snitch on Tommy?
Before you can snitch on Tommy, you have to go into her room and see Jimmy sleeping on her bed. That opens up her talking options after you get rid of Caleb and his friend from the kitchen by using Arieth as a distraction. Then you'll tell her about the "jock sleeping in her bed" which pisses her off and she storms out. She'll come back and then a dialogue happens which will give you the option to tell her Tommy is plus 3 or not. Then you can get her something strong.. (Absinthe with nothing mixed in)

Apr 9, 2021
Quick question, i've played this game before and used a cheat to just see the gallery.

But now i want to play it proper from the beginning. so, do i have to clear out the previous save file or can i just play a new save?

I dont want to risk a problem down the line because of it!
Just do this steps (that don't vary much even if you have different versions from the one described) below and you'll be fine ↓

------------ | -------------

| Problem #6 |: I want to reset all progress and start from the beginning; how do I do it?

Solution:

1. Close the game.

2. Right-click the game in your Steam library and select "Properties".

3. Uncheck the box "Keep games saves in the Steam Cloud for Being a Dik"

4. While still being in "Properties", click "Local files" and choose "Browse" to open the installation directory.

5. The save folder is found here "steamapps\common\Being a Dik\game\saves". To delete the collectibles, delete the file called "persistent". If you want to delete every save, delete the
entire directory.

6. Open "C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\RenPy". If you can't find AppData, make sure to "View>Hidden objects" in the file browser.

7. Delete the save files from the "C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\BeingADIK-XXXX" folder.

8. Start the game, and your progress is reset.

Apr 9, 2021
I just completed S2 and dame it was best VN I have ever read... loved it.

Only question I have, how long usually each chapter takes to make?
4 months or a little bit more usually for an entire episode to be concluded (I'm not talking about the interlude)

Plus possibly for GOG and Steam (so other than Patreon) another 2 months of polish if I remember correctly (free to correct me if needed)

Apr 9, 2021
Quick question, how many episodes will Interlude be?
I feel like I can't fully answer if I don't first show you what interlude means SO according to the , the interlude means this below ↓

Interlude, in theatre, early form of English dramatic entertainment, sometimes considered to be the transition between medieval morality plays and Tudor dramas.

Interludes were performed at court or at “great houses” by professional minstrels or amateurs at intervals between some other entertainment, such as a banquet, or preceding or following a play, or between acts.

Although most interludes were sketches of a nonreligious nature, some plays were called interludes that are today classed as morality plays.

John Heywood, one of the most famous interlude writers, brought the genre to perfection in his The Play of the Wether (1533) and The Playe Called the Foure P.P. (c. 1544).

The earl of Essex is known to have had a company of interlude players in 1468; the first royal company was apparently established in 1493.

Considering therefore that it is substantially an intermezzo between the "major/common" episodes it will be only one and should be about 40 to 60 minutes, you're welcome!

Reactions: Mr Viper
Apr 9, 2021
Anyone else getting a crash after the line "its probably a tough time for him, now... with Cathy, his dad and the mansion" ?
You should probably attach to your comment the traceback (you should find it in the game folder directly in the same window of the exe) that is created for the crash and ONLY then is there a fixed possibility of highlighting the problem and solving it.

In other cases we would "go too tentative" so feel free to do so and then we will chorally seek a solution!

Bubba McSmith

Oct 30, 2020
4 months or a little bit more usually for an entire episode to be concluded (I'm not talking about the interlude)

Plus possibly for GOG and Steam (so other than Patreon) another 2 months of polish if I remember correctly (free to correct me if needed)
It takes way longer for DPC to complete an episode now. We haven't seen a 4 month episode turnaround since Season 1. 6-7 months an episode is the current trend. Maybe he'll shorten them for Season 3 onwards, but I wouldn't hold your breath. Once a season is complete, it does take two months to release on Steam/GoG.

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
You should probably attach to your comment the traceback (you should find it in the game folder directly in the same window of the exe) that is created for the crash and ONLY then is there a fixed possibility of highlighting the problem and solving it.

In other cases we would "go too tentative" so feel free to do so and then we will chorally seek a solution!
2a9061a80882d8105b0d6066798e81fe.gif Found it !!! :p

Do not use mods !!! boy-i-have-an-idea.gif

What a grand mystery yet again solved... :LOL:

Apr 9, 2021
It takes way longer for DPC to complete an episode now.

We haven't seen a 4 month episode turnaround since Season 1. 6-7 months an episode is the current trend.

Maybe he'll shorten them for Season 3 onwards, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Once a season is complete, it does take two months to release on Steam/GoG.
True, indeed. Can't it be a bit of both? Jooooooking here :p :D

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
i wonder if there is a ip ban xd
There is but the problem is as it's name says it... it bans an IP address and not the person ! ;) The admins could whack him out for good... but it's bad publicity so they rather " deal with him " this way... giphy.gif

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
DPC hasn't said anything about the Interlude beyond it being fun for the whole playerbase... much to my annoyance. But the first Zoey preview was before she got her tattoos, so it's likely at least a little of it will be before she leaves. That could include a roll in the hay or two with the young MC.

I don't see how it could take place at current B&R, though. Even if we skip ahead past the meeting with the Burkes, how far can we go into that flashforward before snapping back to the "present" becomes impractical? I don't think it's far enough to be worth it unless there's much more to do than catch up with Zoey. But I very much doubt this would include a lewd scene no matter what happens; it would either make the crossroads a laughingstock or require far too much branching to fit into Interlude frame.

Of course it's possible Zoey could have a lewd scene with the new boyfriend in San Diego. Yes, it's a tinderbox of you-know-what waiting to detonate, but if we're in control of Zoey at the time it might not be quite as bad as normal. I doubt DPC would do it, but it would at least be something unexpected.
I don't think Zoey ever had a boyfriend, the MC is just a fuckwit.

Also we can in theory skip the meeting with the Burke's with Neil phoning and the MC stepping out.

The MC doesn't have to be present at this meeting, in fact him being there doesn't make any sense, and no supporting a friend isn't a valid reason, he can support from home.

When Sage said for him to come, either for Maya, Sage or both, another option should have been for shits and giggles. Or to fuck her mom. I hope us Other boys, get some Jade flirting that makes Burke and Tybalt share glances.

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
I don't think Zoey ever had a boyfriend, the MC is just a fuckwit.

Also we can in theory skip the meeting with the Burke's with Neil phoning and the MC stepping out.

The MC doesn't have to be present at this meeting, in fact him being there doesn't make any sense, and no supporting a friend isn't a valid reason, he can support from home.

When Sage said for him to come, either for Maya, Sage or both, another option should have been for shits and giggles. Or to fuck her mom. I hope us Other boys, get some Jade flirting that makes Burke and Tybalt share glances.
But didn't MC mention during the Zoey flashback scene that she had a surfer boyfriend or something along of those lines?

This whole thing I think is blown way out of proportion. Maya will explain her situation (which, as has been debated around here makes no sense at all and is practically impossible to happen) to the Burke's to which Burke will say something of the lines of "But that's not how loans work.", to which Maya will be like: :WutFace:

I'm honestly expecting a Jade scene for those who selected the Others option. It's way too good for us to pass that up.

Reactions: aragh
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes