felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
He's not there to ADD. He's there to SUPPORT.
but Mc will not take part in the discussion, or so Sage asks him, he will wait outside with Josy, so he will not directly support either Sage or Maya.

the way the scene has been presented he will have as usual the passive role of a shoulder to cry on if things go wrong, but waiting for them outside the door or outside the building, or in his room doesn't change much (apart from the possible drama with Jade)

Reactions: Awry90 and Redd23
Aug 26, 2019
I don't understand him. He always complains that the long development process increases his stress. And instead of making the episodes shorter, but richer, he makes a side story the size of the first episode. While from the outside it looks like he's tired of the game, he wants to take a break by focusing on the side story about Zoey.

P.S. If he really decides on a mini-episode+ episode strategy, he will never finish the game. It's impossible.
He needs at least 8 years to close all this.

That's why I'm waiting for his questions and answers and I'm afraid that he has changed his mind about the number of episodes in the direction of increasing them.
Any idea when's the QnA or a status update on the progress of the interlude

Antera

Nov 19, 2017
The reason for deciding whether the MC goes along for Sage, Maya, or both is simple. It underpins the friendship.(y)

The MC has to be there for the conversation because he will learn things that the MC (meaning us players) don't know yet. Don't ask me what, because I don't know either. I can only make assumptions.(y)

Conjectures:

Josy is afraid of losing Maya and the MC. She talks to the MC at the end of EP8 about deals that are too good to be true. Does Josy perhaps already have a deal with the Burkes and now realizes the deal is or was crap? Did Maya perhaps know about the deal or does she have a deal with the Burkes herself? Is the MC part of that deal without his knowledge?:unsure:

The same goes for Sage. In the beginning, some tried to convince the MC to go after Sage. Riona and Tommy. The MC guitar ends up with Sage. After the Dorm Party, Sage suddenly has braids like KRJ at the Dorm Party. Mmmmmhhh. If you're well drunk, you might confuse Sage and KRJ. Maya didn't tell KRJ that Derek was her brother either. The confusion is bound to happen. Is Sage part of this deal without her knowledge? Which would be even worse if she knew about the deal and agreed to it.:unsure:

Was the MC intentionally left in the dark? We all know how the MC reacts to lies and secrecy.:eek:
Wait what deals are we talking about here? are we getting coucked here? :eek: also who do you mean by "KRJ"?

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
The reason for deciding whether the MC goes along for Sage, Maya, or both is simple. It underpins the friendship.(y)

The MC has to be there for the conversation because he will learn things that the MC (meaning us players) don't know yet. Don't ask me what, because I don't know either. I can only make assumptions.(y)

Conjectures:

Josy is afraid of losing Maya and the MC. She talks to the MC at the end of EP8 about deals that are too good to be true. Does Josy perhaps already have a deal with the Burkes and now realizes the deal is or was crap? Did Maya perhaps know about the deal or does she have a deal with the Burkes herself? Is the MC part of that deal without his knowledge?:unsure:

The same goes for Sage. In the beginning, some tried to convince the MC to go after Sage. Riona and Tommy. The MC guitar ends up with Sage. After the Dorm Party, Sage suddenly has braids like KRJ at the Dorm Party. Mmmmmhhh. If you're well drunk, you might confuse Sage and KRJ. Maya didn't tell KRJ that Derek was her brother either. The confusion is bound to happen. Is Sage part of this deal without her knowledge? Which would be even worse if she knew about the deal and agreed to it.:unsure:

Was the MC intentionally left in the dark? We all know how the MC reacts to lies and secrecy.:eek:
MC is there purely for the "fuck fuck fuck" twist, from a narrative point of view

so what he had to find out he already found out when he walked in.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
You're just forgetting something again. :D

Those who wait outside can also go into the room later.
Those who wait outside can also meet other people (Jade) and together they can then go into the room.
Those who wait outside can also see who comes running out of the room.
Those waiting outside can also be invited in by the people who are already in the room.

Shall I continue?:rolleyes:
you talk from the point of view of your theories, but from the point of view of the two girls inviting him the function of MC is strictly that of a shoulder to cry on in case of emergency

Then going back to your hypothesis:
why would MC break in while Maya and Sage are having a very important discussion? it would be an idiotic and meaningless move, what would he do? eavesdropping at the door?

Meeting Jade is the only twist in the segment, so even if he were to meet her at class the next day, it would change very little...

if Maya were to run out crying then precisely MC will fulfill his role as a shoulder to cry on, as he always did with Maya

mightybored

Jul 5, 2021
MC may have done more than punch Tybalt, too; that tennis match can be pretty brutal. Also for whatever reason I think that the meeting at the beginning with MC and Chad might come in to play. Maybe not a big thing, but how MC reacted then could do something here.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
but Mc will not take part in the discussion, or so Sage asks him, he will wait outside with Josy, so he will not directly support either Sage or Maya.

the way the scene has been presented he will have as usual the passive role of a shoulder to cry on if things go wrong, but waiting for them outside the door or outside the building, or in his room doesn't change much (apart from the possible drama with Jade)
I can imagine how Sage arranged with Burke to help Maya. They all leave the room together, Jade sees MC and abruptly refuses. But on the other hand, this will force DPC to make a whole separate branch for Maya where she is not provided with help from Jade, and this is difficult.

Heyesey

Sep 28, 2017
How does he support if he fucked Jade, Burke has the tape and he punched Tybalt.

All he does in that situation is hurt Maya because the meeting becomes more about him than her problem.
True, but MC didn't know until they got there who Jade's relatives would turn out to be. He NOW thinks he's going to fuck everything up; he didn't before.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I don't think you understand what "support" means. There have been innumerable occasions when my ex-wife wanted me with her, not to do anything, say anything or help in any way, but just because she felt better knowing I was there.
but you will agree that it is very different to be generally close, to be at least within sight or to be in the same room.

one can also be supportive with a phone call from the other side of the world, but it is not the same thing

the support that MC can give to Maya in this situation is very relative

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Actually it's all the same with the other characters in the game... pick one be nice to her that's all :LOL: I don't really get the fuss about this... sure things can get complicated if you mix LIs in one run... but why would you do that ? :oops::p:ROFLMAO:
The only reason why I'm making a big stink about this is because it's me, after more than two or years, attempting something totally new that's NOT Jill related; different choices, situations, all of it, so yeah, I'm fussing like a baby over it because I don't want to waste a day or two fucking everything up, especially if I want to make an actual, serious run at Rio going into E9.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I can imagine how Sage arranged with Burke to help Maya. They all leave the room together, Jade sees MC and abruptly refuses. But on the other hand, this will force DPC to make a whole separate branch for Maya where she is not provided with help from Jade, and this is difficult.
it doesn't make sense that Jade refuses to help a girl in serious difficulty out of spite for a friend of the girl's

That would be really childish behaviour

Reactions: dalli_x

Maevos

May 4, 2019
If you don't reject her, Jade will definitely want some "support" from the mc. Right there on the kitchen table, while her husband discusses business with Maya and co.

Reactions: znar25

Heyesey

Sep 28, 2017
it doesn't make sense that Jade refuses to help a girl in serious difficulty out of spite for a friend of the girl's

That would be really childish behaviour
Some adults are childish a lot of the time.

It could go the other way; Jade might be a lot more accepting of the MC scrapping their trysts if she thinks that it's Sage, her own daughter, who he's getting serious with; she might appreciate knowing that her daughter's bf is refusing to cheat. But if it suits DPC to create yet more drama, then Jade lashes out at MC by wrecking the dreams of one of his friends.

There are so many variables in play here - did MC ever fuck Jade in the first place, has Burke got a sex tape, is MC dating Sage, is MC dating Maya ... that the story could go in almost any direction. How many different futures is DPC going to write in, depending on which of those variables has what status? I have no clue.

mightybored

Jul 5, 2021
"Hey Lily, Maya needs some cash to cover tuition. Could you show her the ropes at The Pink Rose? Dancer, bartender, doesn't matter."

Reactions: znar25

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
I think we're going to have to swallow the fact that in DiK universe, that is how loans work. I don't know whether DPC wasn't aware of the legal details, or just ignored them for poetic licence... but I'm pretty sure this does not get resolved by someone just pointing out that it's all nonsense.
Imho the whole "Maya loan-debate" is one of the most (if not the most) out of proportion discussed trivialities in this thread...
Call it artistic freedom and accept the fact it's her motivation to want to join the HOT's, her reason to do things she otherwise would not have done and her story is integral to the main story.... Her relation with Josy is also influenced by these events and no matter if you're on her path or not she is a friend and you're even part of helping Maya in her "quest for tuition".
Judging BaDik as if it was a legal documentary seems just plain nitpicking to me....

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
Some adults are childish a lot of the time.

It could go the other way; Jade might be a lot more accepting of the MC scrapping their trysts if she thinks that it's Sage, her own daughter, who he's getting serious with; she might appreciate knowing that her daughter's bf is refusing to cheat. But if it suits DPC to create yet more drama, then Jade lashes out at MC by wrecking the dreams of one of his friends.

There are so many variables in play here - did MC ever fuck Jade in the first place, has Burke got a sex tape, is MC dating Sage, is MC dating Maya ... that the story could go in almost any direction. How many different futures is DPC going to write in, depending on which of those variables has what status? I have no clue.
That meeting is going to make for some great drama!

Reactions: dalli_x

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
you talk from the point of view of your theories, but from the point of view of the two girls inviting him the function of MC is strictly that of a shoulder to cry on in case of emergency

Then going back to your hypothesis:
why would MC break in while Maya and Sage are having a very important discussion? it would be an idiotic and meaningless move, what would he do? eavesdropping at the door?

Meeting Jade is the only twist in the segment, so even if he were to meet her at class the next day, it would change very little...

if Maya were to run out crying then precisely MC will fulfill his role as a shoulder to cry on, as he always did with Maya
I don't think so. There are just too many things that indicate that this conversation will be more about the MC than Maya. I don't even mean the photos and the possible obvious interactions of the MC with the people in the pictures.:rolleyes:

EP5: Stephen Burke has a conversation with, of all people, Gordon and Christian, the two preps with whom the MC can smoke the peace pipe in EP8.

EP5: Mona runs away from Stephen and he looks directly at the MC. Remember Mona's poster from EP6? "GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUNDS" Who was all in that room? Quinn, Lily, Camila, and Mona. Quinn wanted the MC from the beginning and tells her restaurant girls not to mess with the MC. Camila has the opportunity to do this more than once. But what does Camila tell the MC at the EP5 prep party? That she doesn't like what she's doing. Lily cheers Jackpot at EP7's HOT party. Mona doesn't mind fucking young guys for money. Only Mona can make two mistakes visible to us. She slaps the MC and says that he fucked her both (Mona and Camila) and at EP4 DIK party Mona drunkenly says that she wants to fuck the MC too. And all of a sudden Mona gets an unjustified immoral offer and is allowed to leave a little later, after another conversation with Stephen Burke.(y)

EP2: Josy tells the MC that he is too cute for the DIK's. Oddly enough, in EP5, the DIK mansion is destroyed and subsequently rebuilt only through the MC's persistence.(y)

EP8: When Sage asks the MC to come along, I get the feeling that Sage is afraid of losing the MC as a friend. But why? It is inevitable that the MC will go to the interview. So why is Sage afraid?:unsure:

Because the MC will learn something that some of the participants know and have hidden from the MC.:unsure:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: felicemastronzo
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes