namelessone22

Oct 4, 2018
Bella and Jill relationship as not been explained but they are not related!
friends i guess! Bella was there for her when she had her heart broken by Rusty and Jill showed up when Bella was having issues in her marriage so they kind of supported each other in their own way!
We do not know if Bella was kind of a surrogate older sister for when Lana went missing or why she went missing! (missing can include dieing... its what´s been hinted at but not proven yet)

the girl holding young jill in her harms was her big sister Lana and the person taking the photo was likely Amelia the mother! absent father situation amongst the rich youth, hey if you wanna stay rich kids someone as to put in the work...

people hate cheating because it hurts them! but if you think seriously about its never the cheating its always the lie that comes with the cheating that causes the pain!

being with other people is uncomfortable for your partner but not truly hurtful, the pain lies with the lieing and you being to weak to telling them the truth!

yes if you tell them the truth they might drop you if they have options of similar value but that`s the things, they might does not mean they will, however once you add a lie into the decision making process...

people are means onto themselves when you lie to them you make them objects to be used and not an end onto themselves, because you remove their ability to choose based on all the present evidence!

so the lie is removing their right to choose, cheating just happens, it as always happened and will continue to happen and most couples deal with it without much break of trust!

why without much break of trust? because as long as you do not lie you are not breaking their trust and thus not trully hurting them!
Thanks for the response, that clears it up. :)

Reactions: Warscared

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
He's also the one that outs Josy to Maya. You remember all that self reflection the we're back together moments between Maya and Josy they were living a lie neither of them were honest with each other about what they did with the MC and just focused on the we're finally back together it took MC to stop the lie's during the party.
If they really cared about each other when MC took out his phone and showed the picture of his Girl he went on a date with Maya wouldn't have been surprised she woulda said i know JOSY TOLD ME. And Maya would have told Josy what happened between MC and her in return. That's why mc said "Why are they sitting together just yesterday they were ready to break up." It's because Maya and Josy rekindled their relationship on lie's or as people like saying Omissions of truth.
But what you forgot to mention is what Josy said to Maya. That they're both the same thing. So just as bad. The MC didn't cheat on either of them because he wasn't in a relationship. Actually, Josy and Maya cheated on each other with the MC.

The joke is actually that Josy and Maya continue to cheat on each other with the MC until EP8, but tolerate it. The MC is not really integrated into the relationship until EP8. It starts with the MC organizing the cuddle night for the two. What did the MC say to the two of them?

- He doesn't want to choose between the two. He has always gone back and forth between Josy and Maya until EP8.
- The MC doesn't have a fight with Josy and Maya, but they have been fighting. How does the MC feel about that? Like the 3 wheel on the bike or the 5 wheel on the car. It doesn't matter. But it becomes clear that the MC does not want to be excluded from such quarrels. But that's exactly what Josy and Maya did in EP7.

It is indeed as Josy and Maya had said. Complicated. The three of them actually don't start to function like a unit until EP8

Heycock

Jun 30, 2020
That's only true of idiots. If someone lies to me about something trivial, I can't trust them on anything serious so they're out the door.
Then I don't know how you do in life. I lie, i don't know, 50, 100 times a day?. The first lie of the day is when people ask me "How are you doing" and i said: "Fine", mostly to avoid unpleasent conversations, sometimes to avoid make other people worried for things they can't fix anyway. From there is a long trip of lies, most of the them to avoid offending people or making feel ashame. I fail in doing so a lot of times, still i try. Sometimes I notice someone need some positivity, so i lie, after all that's what they need. I noticed how the people i know lie to me all the time for the same reasons, yet i know i can trust them on the important things. And they don't fail me. And I don't fail them neither.

varage

Jun 26, 2019
he did not over react! they removed his ability to make an informed decision! thus they treated him as an object and not a means onto himself with the ability to choose!

had he been presented with the full situation and information then he would not have had the right to bitch, but he did not!

why did the girls lie? because most likely he would have droped them?
fuck he did not drop Josy ... he was being honest!

the girls lieing shows their weakness and inability to trust him, unlike he as trusted them!
them lieing also shows they play a duplicitous game they refuse to drop their current relationship,
but also want to keep their options open and resort t lies to have their cake and eat it too!

it means they like the MC and lie because they are afraid of his reaction!
stupidly all unfounded except for their own projection onto the MC of what they would do if in his position,
instead of acknowledging that the MC is an entity capable of his own decisions (you know a human being)!

they removed the MC`S humanity when they lied to him and tried to turn him into an object for their own gain!

So no the MC did not over react!
You are making it too easy for yourself. Put yourself in Maya's shoes.

As we learn later, Maya is an introvert. So it's in her nature or personality that she can't express herself like a normal person. That it is difficult for her to trust. Then the whole new experience with the MC. Her experience with her father.

Maya assumes she is a lesbian and does not know that she is not. She tells the MC herself that she has dated several men but has never been intimate with one. She also says that she is no longer a virgin and has only had one relationship, and that was with a girl. The MC even asks Maya what it was about the two of them. Maya replies that he is the only boy she has developed such feelings for (EP1 Maya's Initiation). Afterwards, there is a very intimate and romantic moment between the two on the campus lawn. Derek, that klutz, ends it rather tactlessly. The result is that Maya has discovered a side to herself that she didn't know she had. Why did I write this? It shows the evolution from Maya EP1 to Maya EP3. She opened up more and more to the MC. But at the end of EP3 and the appearance of Josy, Maya falls into a hole. Not only does she lose the only boy she developed real feelings for, but she also loses the solution to her problem with Patrick.

If Maya had acted differently than she did, the character would be absolutely unbelievable and surreal.
You sir are missing the entire point of every one of my post my original post was why MC acted the way he acted to chapter 3 reveal. This is why he acted the way he acted not a Maya sucks everyone should hate her post that so many people love on this site. Even Maya admits during the we should make up / we should break up scene. She admits why she did it and she also proves to the audience that SHE cares for MC more than Jose does.

She's clearly the better of the two but the main reason he got so angry are three points i'll lay out now.

1. He betrayed Maya on a deep level without even knowing it. Josy being her girlfriend because he's a cheating dick. He had misgivings with being with Josy in the first place but he never realized he'd -know- the boyfriend/girlfriend let alone on such a personal level.

2. Maya lied to him. A HUGE issue after end of first chapter where she promised him to be more honest with him after forcing him to be 100% honest with her. Even after she already went through this once before at end of chapter 1

3. Maya and Josy were lieing to each other which is one of the main reasons I think that MC took it further by ignoring them a good portion of Chapter 4 when he saw them sitting together like nothing was wrong.

Yes, Maya admits she was wrong hunky dory and thats good for her. My post all of them were delving into the mind of MC not Maya not Josy even when i mentioned Josy lieing to Mia and getting back together with her that was also from the MC's point of view.

Did Maya eventually come to understand all this yes. Did she apologize to MC for it yes. "I built a wall to keep everyone out... Not realizing you were worth letting in." Did she prove to be emotionally supior to Josy, yes. She thought you were worth the risk though Josy was to scared no matter how much it hurt you. -This being if you are Dik affinity during the we should be together scene- If you go with Maya she admits you were only turned away because Josy didn't want it and what could she do she loved Josy too. If you go with Josy "She tells you the same thing about it being her fault and her being scared to end up alone."

Not to mention Josy will very nicely admit you were probably a mistake if you're anything but chick affanity.(Almost positive you get this if Neutral or Dik) "What we did would i do it again?" "I don't know."
Or "What we did would I do it again?" "I would."( if chik) Not exact words mind you but this is what i remember.

Last edited:
Reactions: dalli_x and Heycock

varage

Jun 26, 2019
On a story point of view I think it's weird that you don't hang out with Josy or Maya really at all without being on their thrupple route. As it stands it doesn't seem like you can go a Maya/Josy only route and if you can in the future. It would honestly feel ingenuine seeing as the last what 6 months you've been basically ignoring each other. Aka seeing how Josy's doing in the hots or giving Maya the tv for her room scene -sans sex of course if not in a thrupple- Though I'm sure the Maya hatters of the world would hate her being forced on you in this case.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
I find the worst cheater here is the MC. Maya could have lie but the MC is an hypocrite, he could fuck all what he wants but as soon as someone fuck behind his back he get angry.
In possibilities for the MC that's certainly true, but if MC would be interested in Josy because that's just where his heart is?
Why would he need to assume he is in a monogamous relation? Josy says she is in a relation, a rocky one one but still...
It's clear however he feels he is not in a relation, maybe he wants to, but he's "the other", the third wheel....
With Maya it starts off as helping a friend and it evolves into something else but even with her he is "the other" and again there is no reason for the MC to feel any guilt but nevertheless he does.... (sure he can lie to Maya when going to Josy but he has no reason to except for maybe trying not to hurt Maya, why would a DIK MC need to lie to someone who is in a relation herself?)
So yeah, his reaction may be over the top, but i don't think it's fair to compare his relation with Maya And his relation with Josy as the same as the relation between Maya and Josy.... There's mixed signals from both girls but in the end the MC gets to be the one in the waiting room for the girls to evaluate their relationship.... And then he finds outs the real situation.....

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
Just my two cents on this whole Maya/Josy/MC lying topic.

Personally I think people are giving too much weight to the girls feelings for the MC at the time. They were not in love with him… at all in my opinion. It was a crush. Josy makes multiple references to just how little they spoke. Before the start of the game all she had was MC staring. They had their date that ended in a kiss and their second data that ended in interrupted sex… Maya lived with the MC but was all over the map with her “feelings”. Either way it never progressed to much. We’re talking about a few weeks of knowing each other for both Josy and Maya. Even as of Ep8 nobody has said they love anyone outright.

I take the MC at face value when he says he was annoyed because of the lying. He didn’t feel betrayed, he didn’t think they cheated on him. He was pissed they lied by omission (Maya goes back and forth on having a partner and is oblique about their gender. Josy is the same and failed to mention her partner went to B&R).

The MC can admit he overreacted to the Ep4 reveal. I think people are putting too much stock in any sort of “betrayal” rather than it being the MC was pissed he got blindsided because those two lied by omission at best, outwardly lied at worst but it wasn’t infidelity levels of lying. It was… something the MC chooses to get over in Ep4 regardless of if he wants to be with them.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
You sir are missing the entire point of every one of my post my original post was why MC acted the way he acted to chapter 3 reveal. This is why he acted the way he acted not a Maya sucks everyone should hate her post that so many people love on this site. Even Maya admits during the we should make up / we should break up scene. She admits why she did it and she also proves to the audience that SHE cares for MC more than Jose does.

She's clearly the better of the two but the main reason he got so angry are three points i'll lay out now.

1. He betrayed Maya on a deep level without even knowing it. Josy being her girlfriend because he's a cheating dick. He had misgivings with being with Josy in the first place but he never realized he'd -know- the boyfriend/girlfriend let alone on such a personal level.

2. Maya lied to him. A HUGE issue after end of first chapter where she promised him to be more honest with him after forcing him to be 100% honest with her. Even after she already went through this once before at end of chapter 1

3. Maya and Josy were lieing to each other which is one of the main reasons I think that MC took it further by ignoring them a good portion of Chapter 4 when he saw them sitting together like nothing was wrong.

Yes, Maya admits she was wrong hunky dory and thats good for her. My post all of them were delving into the mind of MC not Maya not Josy even when i mentioned Josy lieing to Mia and getting back together with her that was also from the MC's point of view.

Did Maya eventually come to understand all this yes. Did she apologize to MC for it yes. "I built a wall to keep everyone out... Not realizing you were worth letting in." Did she prove to be emotionally supior to Josy, yes. She thought you were worth the risk though Josy was to scared no matter how much it hurt you. -This being if you are Dik affinity during the we should be together scene- If you go with Maya she admits you were only turned away because Josy didn't want it and what could she do she loved Josy too. If you go with Josy "She tells you the same thing about it being her fault and her being scared to end up alone."

Not to mention Josy will very nicely admit you were probably a mistake if you're anything but chick affanity.(Almost positive you get this if Neutral or Dik) "What we did would i do it again?" "I don't know."
Or "What we did would I do it again?" "I would."( if chik) Not exact words mind you but this is what i remember.
Josy said she makes mistakes and has already made them. The MC only refers to herself and Josy does not know what the MC is to her. A mistake or no mistake. The way I see it is that the MC just feels cheated by the lack of communication. If he knew all the details, like why Josy and Maya lied and hid, his reaction might have been different. :unsure:

There is one more thing that led to the overreaction. Trust. Rusty himself points this out to the MC in EP4's Pink Rose. There are two kinds of people in terms of trust. One builds trust slowly. This usually comes from the fact that these people have been massively disappointed before. So Maya. They then proceed more slowly before trusting another person. But in the case of the MC, it seems that he takes a leap of faith in people he has met. And that's what was actually abused by Josy and Maya.:unsure:

So yeah. I think that the MC's reaction was justified. The two girls are actually still lucky in my playthrough that the MC can only go to Derek. This keeps them in the loop as far as the MC is concerned. (y)

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021

i only disagree somewhat on point 1! everything else i agree with you!

and the somewhat depends if you speak the truth to Maya or not about going to meet a girl you left without clearing things out!

also Ofc josy refuses a DIK player, you forget who her brother is? Tommy the original DIK, she probably heard him talk to Peter about heather and how he treats her and how their relationship works, so of course she is scared of a DIK MC!

but the MC can not be held accountable for the actions of others, if you choose to be with Josy it´s the MC`s choice Josy is the one in a relationship so its her responsibility if she engages with people outside the relationship! that she uses the MC is only a reciprocal situation an therefore where the person being "used" is acceptable since they both use each other, the reasons for it are to each their own!

as for your original question i already answered, they both used him not for his own benefit but as a tool and a safe fail plan and lead him on! they should have been honest and at least admited their relationship was on the rocks and they where caring for him and perhaps if things did not turn out alright they could have a relationship! thats what Josy did... Maya did not!

Maya´s incentives are twofolded 1st a back up plan for Josy fail relationship so she does not end up alone! 2nd a way to reconcile with her father by a finding jesus moment were she is no longer a lesbian because she found someone with a dick she does not hate...

strong incentives indeed but still she deny´s the MC`s humanity and right to choose of his own free will if he wishes to be the back up plan! because guess what, most players would jump at that... and probably that moment is present when the MC can choose if he wishes to help Maya with the scavenger hunt, except she never gave him the chance because she is unable to trust and projects that lack of trust on to the MC!

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dalli_x

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
It's clear however he feels he is not in a relation
Is it ? :unsure: :LOL: This topic pops up again and again... although it's a rather simple one folks cannot decide how to judge this situation... and this brings us to.....
The MC can admit he overreacted to the Ep4 reveal
..... right here where correction is the MC is you ( as the player ) so whatever happens in the VN you can and SHOULD reassess the whole thing yourself ! ;) Some would say overreaction others say otherwise... but what matters is how YOU personally feel about this ( and actually that's the warning at the first boot up ! :devilish: you better handle the shit that you face head on or you can get scarred for life... like many who take this thing waaay too far ! ;) )

Personally I think so too that the MC overreacted but not because the general idea what's floatin' on here... I'm 19 years old stud for fucks sake... do I need this bullshit in my life or I find my place somewhere else where there are more fitting circumstances... :unsure: For me that's not even a question... if a case would have happened similar to this I would have just walked away ( depending on actual status either I or they go ) and would not engage in a friendship either with them --- fuck needs this drama... whoever is up for this they can have one or both of them I don't care at this point :LOL::ROFLMAO::KEK:

Last edited:

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
do I need this bullshit in my life or I find my place somewhere else where there are more fitting circumstances...
Yeah, with experience that is a logical stance, but the story tells us Josy pretty much was his first love, there's been Zoey before but that relation even now isn't totally clear to MC.... Josy however was his crush for the summer....
Still doesn't make much sense to get into the Maya situation aswell but okay.... Matters of the heart don't always make sense to the brain.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
is there any news about new update ?
News about the game is published on the forum on Fridays. In the latest news, he said that a special issue dedicated to the ex-girlfriend of the main character is ready and he is just waiting for the animation rendering to finish. The interlude is scheduled for release in early March. The developer is currently working on the content of episode 9. Judging by his status in the discord, he is working on creating renders.

• Red Heart
Reactions: HikenNoAcee

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017

Personally I think people are giving too much weight to the girls feelings for the MC at the time. They were not in love with him… at all in my opinion. It was a crush. Josy makes multiple references to just how little they spoke. Before the start of the game all she had was MC staring. They had their date that ended in a kiss and their second data that ended in interrupted sex… Maya lived with the MC but was all over the map with her “feelings”. Either way it never progressed to much. We’re talking about a few weeks of knowing each other for both Josy and Maya. Even as of Ep8 nobody has said they love anyone outright.

I take the MC at face value when he says he was annoyed because of the lying. He didn’t feel betrayed, he didn’t think they cheated on him. He was pissed they lied by omission (Maya goes back and forth on having a partner and is oblique about their gender. Josy is the same and failed to mention her partner went to B&R).

The MC can admit he overreacted to the Ep4 reveal. I think people are putting too much stock in any sort of “betrayal” rather than it being the MC was pissed he got blindsided because those two lied by omission at best, outwardly lied at worst but it wasn’t infidelity levels of lying. It was… something the MC chooses to get over in Ep4 regardless of if he wants to be with them.
I agree with you that true love doesn't really happen in such a short time.

But I assume that there was a serious interest between Josy and the MC since EP1.

Let's take a look at Josy. An awakened girl who has no problem meeting other people. Mmmmhh. She works with her crush for 2 months and suddenly develops contact issues. I've seen this happen many times in real life. Usually when there was a serious interest in a person. The only problem with Josy is that she thinks she is too short and she doesn't like her breasts either. With all the other guys this doesn't bother him, but with the MC it's different and she loses her confidence in his presence. This can be read well in EP5 and also that she finds the MC totally hot. So the whole thing is mutual.

Maya even explains it herself. She has dated other guys, but she hasn't developed feelings for any of them like she has for the MC. Is it love? Not yet, but serious interest.

The MC is introduced to us as a decent and somewhat shy young man. He never had many friends, as we later learn. With Zoey, there was only one girl with whom he could gain experience. He overcomes his shyness and confesses to Josy that he has had a crush on her for 2 months. Unbelievable! Hand on heart. That was brave for a guy like the MC. Equipped with more confidence, he meets Maya. To be honest, I can even understand Maya telling him she has a boyfriend. Maya doesn't want to get hit on, but probably always gets hit on by Horny Dogs. Then what I said above happens to Maya. This also creates a serious interest between Maya and the MC because he is different.

I agree with you that the MC is annoyed by the lies, he doesn't know yet why they lied. He was honest from the beginning and expects the same from the others. The MC's trust is shaken.

Mieko_Donnie

Jun 26, 2021
cheating is not the issue in regards to the pain caused! its the lie that causes the pain!
so she is being honest, thanks, now piss off slut the wedding´s off! would be my reply!

The MC himself said if she just have said it earlier it wouldn't have been a huge pain for him. For Josy though, if she would've said she has a Girlfriend instead a Boyfriend and wouldn't invite him to have sex with him the pain the MC would've suffered would've been less than the game have shown you. He went through enough shit in his past and then he get lied on from two different girls who he feels attached to also both invited him to have sex (depends if you had enough points for maya then it was a forced sexual "assault" by Quinn. Still it was too much for the MC. Thats why I dropped their paths since it shoked me when I got the plot in end of EP3. The romance path for Sage was the best choice you could've make. Jill is a weird path and Bella is too scary. (my opinion=

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Jill is a weird path
Well, Jill is something different for sure, my guess is her music made her an outcast of sorts from very young age.... When you're playing piano each day when other kids are playing with their friends does something to your social skills growth....
She's naive, unexperienced but genuinely interested in MC, it has it's charms, maybe she's not as wild as some others but who cares, look at Sarah, her personality sucks and besides sex she offers (aslong you pay) there's little else...

Mieko_Donnie

Jun 26, 2021
Well, Jill is something different for sure, my guess is her music made her an outcast of sorts from very young age.... When you're playing piano each day when other kids are playing with their friends does something to your social skills growth....
She's naive, unexperienced but genuinely interested in MC, it has it's charms, maybe she's not as wild as some others but who cares, look at Sarah, her personality sucks and besides sex she offers (aslong you pay) there's little else...
Sarah aside, if you look at Sage path you see more love interest (even when they only have sex in the first episodes) if you play your cards right you see that this Part has more romance than the other paths. The MC gives Sage what Chad never gave her. Alot of cute romance scenes were better than only having sex with Sage. I enjoyed these small romance moments they had. In the End she agreed to date him, now lets see what the new Season will bring us.

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
Yeah, with experience that is a logical stance, but the story tells us Josy pretty much was his first love, there's been Zoey before but that relation even now isn't totally clear to MC.... Josy however was his crush for the summer....
Still doesn't make much sense to get into the Maya situation aswell but okay.... Matters of the heart don't always make sense to the brain.
Agree... but from my point of view this is because a very large portion of human beings are just weak... they think it's the END OF THE FUCKING WORLD !!! if you hit a road block or a relationship or a love interest does not work out they way they hoped... I know this can't be considered as standard but I can only respect those that " man up to the job " and take it as " the tough get's going the going get's tough " style so this whining and crying and sulking does not solve anything at all... yet many consider this as a " solution " although it's 100% wrong :KEK: " Matters of the heart don't always make sense to the brain. " sure that's right... toughest part is to overcome these... but if you can't or won't what does that say about you ?! :unsure:
He was honest from the beginning and expects the same from the others. The MC's trust is shaken.
That solely depends on who is playing the game... you can be a liar ( playa PLAYA !!! :ROFLMAO: ) or you can be one just as you pictured here... or someone in between :LOL: Back to the former segment if one is not mature enough to take the punches ( these aren't even jabs :LOL: ) of life he will ultimately end up miserable... :(

varage

Jun 26, 2019

Maya didn't lie by omission she lied by face value. "I don't have a boyfriend" "Don't ask any follow up questions."(MC was even denied the right to ask if it could have been a different kind of relationship..not that he did anyway as the next question was. "So, I shouldn't catch feelings for you?" Hers was an outright lie I'm tired of people using omission for Maya she knew what she did and she did it on purpose. If she wanted to lie by omission she would have kept the boyfriend lie up instead of kicking it to the curb. That's all I'm saying.

But you're right this topic has already been worked through it again only started with a new person playing the game and asking my personal thoughts on why the MC was upset in chapter 4. I stand behind the Maya cares more about MC then Josy but you're right she is not in love with him as you say because she does in fact choose Josy over him. But she like MC Dik or Chik wants both just like the MC did.

4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes