Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Hmm that's weird because I tried that. And my Import is all empty. View attachment 1690730 View attachment 1690731
It's not a Steam copy you're using right? If so, switch to Steam version in upper right corner by clicking Steam (it defaults to the Patreon / GOG version).

Otherwise, this is a goofy one. Maybe do some research on where the game saves copies in the Windows profile and make sure there are copies there from the Chapter 8 ending where it tells you to save the game.

Felicityskye

Jan 8, 2018
even if true, that doesnt mean his overall story or various parts of its implantation/execution cant be flawed on their own just because "he planned it out already". there will always be weak spots in this story: the first majority agreed upon one was the M/J "break up" fiasco, and this Zoey Interlude appears to be the second majority agreed upon weak spot

people's opinions will differ so if you are okay with it that is more than fine, but many people arent and that should be an equally acceptable viewpoint IMO
Nowhere did I say it was or wasn't flawed storytelling. Where is this coming from? Do you want my opinion if it is flawed or not? Well, I'll just say it here, I do feel the inclusion and placement is flawed. Is the "Zoey arc" needed? Absolutely not but it could have been implemented better. For example, if I had to place the inclusion of this interlude, it would be placed at the beginning as a prelude/demo prior to Chapter 1. This would attempt to make Zoey the first character you care about and maybe fight for as the MC because we have no idea where the story is actually going yet. This makes us invested into Zoey early not knowing she is actually "disappearing" prior to the start of the actual game. So when her "twist return" happens, it potentially has more value, stake, weight on the story moving forward.

Also, I never invalidated anyone's opinion either. I simply asked a question, "can it really be seen as extra if it was already planned from the start?"

varage

Jun 26, 2019
yeah lol thats what he sent me when i got banned for sharing the Sage gallery extra from last episode. and i was paying him $40 a month at that point too :KEK:
So you're the reason that the next season is going to take so long you're wasting DPC's time making him play batman. lol
DPC "Alfried someone shared my renders!" Alfried "What do we do?" DPC "To the batcave fire the supercomputers!"

SteveyP

Jul 1, 2017
Hey guys! I'm currently working on updating my saves list for y'all. I'm worried about making it too cluttered and confusing with the new binary splitting the games up, so I'm think of ways to make it look simple. While I work out that problem here's a little change log for the latest set of saves.

- Dik Sage Hots and Sides: After finishing the Interlude and saw there are separate renders for the MC in the bathroom based on his choices regarding Sage and Jade. I decided to go back and replay the "Dik Hots and Sides" route and choose to stay with Sage instead of "others". Mind you this save has the exact same choices as "Diks Hots and Sides" except the crossroads choice. So if you don't care to see how the drama unfolds, feel free to ignore this route. It will NOT replace "Dik Hots and Sides" but will be added to the saves list.

- Transfer Saves: I went ahead and added "Dik Sage Hots and Sides" to the binary. Which can be found in the "End of Episode 8/Interlude Start Saves" as well as when you click "Import" in the Interlude Menu (provided you've successfully added the transfer data to your "persistent" folder in your Renpy saves)

- While the Interlude is pretty short (relatively speaking) I decided to add a "Interlude Start Saves" as well as "Episode 9 Start Saves" (Which is just the end of the interlude) in case you guys would rather decide how Zoey's personality is shaped no matter the route. If you don't care and just want the end of the episode saves, then Zoey's personality corresponds with the route you're playing (ie. Chik Zoey for Chik Bella and Jill and Dik Zoey for Dik Sage Path etc.) There isn't exactly a "Neutral" Path for Zoey (at least not affinity wise) So for for her big choice, I just choose to "Calm Emma Down" for all three neutral routes.

- Episode 9 Start Saves: Will likely be changed to "End of Episode 8/Interlude Start Save" in a folder named "Season 2 Saves/Persistent & Transfers" or something along those lines.

Reactions: EnzoG54

RukiRG

Sep 22, 2018
just started, i dont really understand what interlude means. I just dont really like the zoey stuff. i want to go on with the story
I want to be a billionaire, but nobody gives a damn... So what? Carry on and wait ffs... Zoey is a part of story, even if you like or not... So you have two options, accept the situation and the story or sod off... Simple as that.
And don't feel offended... This post is not just for you, but for everyone here which is complaining about the interlude with no fucking reason, except the already old one "I don't care about Zoey, I want the story to continue"...
Zoey is a part of the story... So story continues. At the end of the day, is DPC VN, his creation, his story and we have no other options than to follow the story or to move on. Simple as that! Complaining and showing what you (guys) want will not change everything...
You like it? You play it...
You don't like it? Move on and leave it...

Olsens.M

Apr 23, 2021
I'm afraid you missed the point: it's not about adding new content, but that this content comes as an extra when much of the characters have empty biographies. Sally has been around for eight episodes and has had somewhat of 40 lines; we wouldn't know Rebecca if she wasn't part of a minigame; and even the main female characters have light backstory. Why not take the time to deal with them first?

And of course we, players and contributors, have the right to deliver our opinion, to say what we like and dislike in Being a DIK, that's the purpose of this forum. I haven't read anyone saying that their view is universal, so don't so easily dismissed it either. I am positive that Dr PinkCake reads these critics and takes them into account.
You can deliver whatever you want. You can dislike whatever you want. I do criticize a lot. But I never ask to remove anything. I am a known hater of Maya as character. I always complain I have to deal with her drama over and over. But I'd never ask to remove her since there are many other people who loves her. Zoey has always been there, but not really there. So since he, on his writing, decided to bring her back, he released an interlude showing what she has been doing. You don't need to play it. Just wait for the next release and do whatever you want.

As a supporter myself, since I bought all his games out of steam (that is how I got to know him and VNs in the first place), despite so many things I don't like in the story. I would never criticize his work or tell him to do it differently. Because when you do that only to please yourself, you hurt the essence of his creation. After the first game, a lot of people disliked some of his decisions, but even though, they stayed because you won't find a quality VN out there. Where you have everything. Minigames, Good Graphics and animations, Good story and a reliable developer that you know he will finish his VN.

I see people complaining about minigames and DnD in this game, but they forget it is a game after all. You need to have fun. And he idealize all these things and put it to work so we all can have our fun. It is more than a sex game. It is a game that includes sex and romance. If people only want the sex part with their chosen LI, then he wouldn't be the best Dev, because he wants to deliver more than that. You said you didn't see anyone saying their view was universal. But reading comments I saw people saying this interlude shouldnt happen, it was waste of time. So he shouldn't have done it, people saying they are tired of DnD or minigames. I wonder if he listened to these people he would take away some of most fun parts of this game only because people want him to spend his time working on the character they like. That is stupid as fuck.

Last edited:

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
You like it? You play it...
You don't like it? Move on and leave it...
It is waaay too early to say this... the projects only running a few years now and for years it will run more... so curious bitching folks will have time ( a few years for sure :ROFLMAO: ) to change their mind... though I doubt they would ever admit they were foolish ranting about such things... ;):LOL:

Reactions: dalli_x and shazba

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
the fact that Sage is furiously looking for MC makes me think that in the meeting with Burke there was some unforeseen event, maybe it is revealed to Maya that the loan was all a scam and she had a crisis, or she ran away... we'll see (in 5-6 months...)
Honestly this is more than likely an another overreacting from the player base. I've seen so many shit regarding that, that Sage knocking on the door. Going extend deep details about, how it's gonna be yet again shit writing, because its must be about Jade, but if you don't fuck Jade it's a plot hole, and blah blah blah blah blah:rolleyes: . It's like Maya's father all over again:ROFLMAO:. "Oh DPC gonna force us to pretend to be maya's boyfriend, oh no NO , blah blah bad writing, I hate Maya, whining whining whining" :ROFLMAO:

The obvious answer, is that simple, Jade suck at cooking, and that's evident since Bella is good at it, and they are the polar opposite of each other :cool:
So Jade accidently food poisoned everyone, and now everyone is waiting for the fucking bathroom. Its gonna be that fucking simple

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

tiurcer

Nov 27, 2018
Haven't played this game in a while, but I remember you needed both a DIK and a Chick route for all the characters. Is it still this way and some are locked behind affiliation. If so who are the recommend characters to chase on each route if someone knows. Walkthroughs don't give a great indication, thanks guys.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Haven't played this game in a while, but I remember you needed both a DIK and a Chick route for all the characters. Is it still this way and some are locked behind affiliation. If so who are the recommend characters to chase on each route if someone knows. Walkthroughs don't give a great indication, thanks guys.
You need a bit more now, not just affinity, because each girl get their own separate path now. :ROFLMAO:

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
tl;dr:
I'm not worried Zoey is going to steal the other LIs' lewd scenes, I'm worried she's going to steal the focus that should be theirs in the wake of the crossroads. And no number of saves can help against that unless DPC is willing to dial down Zoey based on our actions. I'm not holding my breath.
ename144, I like your insightful posts, but I think you worry too much.

Is Zoey going to cause drama? It's BaDIK, yes.

Is Zoey going to be a new MG/LI, or more like a Quinn type significant SG? We don't know.

Is Zoey's introduction going to distract from relationship building with other characters? Probably to some extent, screen time for Zoey means somewhat less for others. How much so, we don't know.

Are our choices regarding the Zoey vs other relationships going to matter? Some of them, which ones we don't know. Maybe we'll be able to largely relegate Zoey to the sidelines, like you can with Quinn (important to the story, little impact on your other romantic relationships). Or maybe there will be big impacts on all our other relationships, DPC likes his soap opera drama. Either way, we don't know.

Is introducing a major character into the game midway a significant disruption to the story? DPC has been dropping new characters (or elevating their significance) throughout development, some more warmly embraced than others. The reintroduction of Zoey seems to be a major plot point that was planned from the start, so it can't be a disruption of the story DPC wants to tell. How well that works for players will vary on their tastes/expectations. We won't know until it actually plays out.

All that worrying must be exhausting. I prefer to just embrace the mystery.

dont-worry-panda.jpg

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
Nowhere did I say it was or wasn't flawed storytelling. Where is this coming from? Do you want my opinion if it is flawed or not? Well, I'll just say it here, I do feel the inclusion and placement is flawed. Is the "Zoey arc" needed? Absolutely not but it could have been implemented better. For example, if I had to place the inclusion of this interlude, it would be placed at the beginning as a prelude/demo prior to Chapter 1. This would attempt to make Zoey the first character you care about and maybe fight for as the MC because we have no idea where the story is actually going yet. This makes us invested into Zoey early not knowing she is actually "disappearing" prior to the start of the actual game. So when her "twist return" happens, it potentially has more value, stake, weight on the story moving forward.

Also, I never invalidated anyone's opinion either. I simply asked a question, "can it really be seen as extra if it was already planned from the start?"
i wasnt trying to call you out or anything. you didnt do anything wrong. i was just using your post as a jumping off point to address all the people like white knighting for the Interlude whenever people have criticisms or concerns or complaints or whatever

4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes