Munkkivittu

Dec 27, 2018

Here's an attempt at a status update to give you some stats as I wanted for Friday.
Work completed:
  • 3652 renders (3569 produced and 83 in the render queue)
  • 211 animations (201 animations produced, 10 in the render queue)
  • 22 songs
Work that remains:
  • 8 scenes left to write
  • 50 scenes left to pose art for (~1000 more static renders)
  • 3-4 lewd scenes to make animations for (<100 animations)
  • Make some missing GUI for the new mini-game.
  • Write some code needed for other mini-games.
  • Add music (almost done)
  • Add SFX (almost done)
  • Rooster (90% done)
  • Other phone content (Phone chats/Calls, Bios, Stats, Pack Quest, Vault)
  • Collectibles (special renders/2D art/scenes) - Only testing remains
  • Playtest and polish
  • Verify bug fixes from the Interlude.
Overall completion:
My best shot at estimating a completion % right now is:
Static renders: 79%
Animations: 70% (based on animation count, not duration. The longest animations are almost done, so this number should increase faster from now on.)
Writing/Coding: 95%
Render and animation numbers are based on a target of ~4652 renders and 300 animations; subject to change if needed.
The writing/coding percentage is my gut feeling.
Further insight:
Lately, I've done most of Rooster, the main menu art, Jill's special render set, and placement of magazines/unlockables. These tasks require a lot from me, and I'm happy I'm close to done with all of them.
Long animations have been rendering for the last month, and I haven't been animating a lot which is why this count isn't much bigger than the last report I did.
The longest animation I've done to date has almost been completely rendered. It's currently 1 minute 16 seconds (2281 renders) long. It needs a few more hundreds of renders before PCs are freed up for other animations; this should happen before next Friday.
Threesome animations are still in the render queue and have been there for the last two months. They take a very long time to render but are worth it.
I will have a split focus on renders and animations in the upcoming weeks.
I hope you had a nice weekend! I'm still a bit tired, but I've rested and am fit to work again.
Thanks again for your amazing support. I couldn't ask for a better community.

Dr PinkCake
so this update is coming 2023 halloween?

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
remember when we hoped we'd get the halloween party episode for last year's haloween? what if we don't get it for this one either? :KEK:

we get some more party planning in november, another filler episode in spring and wait until october 2023 for it :ROFLMAO:
The longer we wait, the more it will be worth it, right?
So let's hope it arrives by Halloween 2023

:oops: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Listen to this guy 800k is "just fine"...Jesus H:FacePalm: on what freakin' planet you live where 800k is "just fine" and not screaming very RICH... he's making big ass CEO money and this guy says is "just fine"...

Wow, did you just miss the point entirely. Yes, he is doing extremely well. Now read the post again and try to actually understand it.

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
I think the Prophets issue isn't that they don't want to be associated with BaDIK, but they realized they can make money out of it.
Yeah, again, I understand how, as a victim of end-stage-capitalism, you would think it's all about the money. But again, not how musician's think. I don't recall anything about him contacting them before he started the game - it was just a creative commons license. And, DPC explicitly said it was that they didn't want to be associated with the game. No need to over complicate things.

Last edited:

always86

Mar 19, 2020

Here's an attempt at a status update to give you some stats as I wanted for Friday.
Work completed:
  • 22 songs
Work that remains:
  • 8 scenes left to write
  • Add SFX (almost done)
  • Rooster (90% done)
  • Playtest and polish
Overall completion:
Animations: 70% (based on animation count, not duration. The longest animations are almost done, so this number should increase faster from now on.)
Render and animation numbers are based on a target of ~4652 renders and 300 animations; subject to change if needed.
Further insight:
Lately, I've done most of Rooster, the main menu art, Jill's special render set, and placement of magazines/unlockables. These tasks require a lot from me, and I'm happy I'm close to done with all of them.
Long animations have been rendering for the last month, and I haven't been animating a lot which is why this count isn't much bigger than the last report I did.
The longest animation I've done to date has almost been completely rendered. It's currently 1 minute 16 seconds (2281 renders) long. It needs a few more hundreds of renders before PCs are freed up for other animations; this should happen before next Friday.
Threesome animations are still in the render queue and have been there for the last two months. They take a very long time to render but are worth it.
I hope you had a nice weekend! I'm still a bit tired, but I've rested and am fit to work again.

Dr PinkCake
I think as most of us feared things seem very beind previous episodes. I appreciate last week will have slowed things down, but in general the progress for this episode has trailed well beind what has come before.

As always these numbers are based on confirmed completed (I don't count posed stills or animations, only rendered). Stills look like this.

1662313276777.png

Animations look like this.

1662313293191.png

In fairness animations are very tricky to judge as he seems to be counting longer animations as 1 which means if he has lots of short ones the average could shoot up. If he has lot's of long ones the average could continue to be low.

Now for some forcasting. At current averages stills should reach his target around week 35 or 36 (28th October - 4th November). Plus a couple of weeks beta testing that means if it were just these we were waiting for we could see release 18th-24th November. However we also need animations...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

At current averages he won't hit his animations target until the week of December 9th (Development week 41)...

This is the current averages compared to the completion averages on Episode 8.

WeekTotalAverage
27​
3569​
132.1851852​
27​
201​
7.444444444​
28​
4158​
148.5​
27​
358​
13.25925926​

The reason I mention these is that if he could reach similar averages again for the remainder of development things would get done much earlier.

As seen in the forecast based on episode 8 he could be done with both stills and animations around week 35 or the 28th of October leaving a November release on the table. I think it will probably be somewhere between the two meaning most likely an early December release.

Last edited:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
And, DPC explicitly said it was that they didn't want to be associated with the game. No need to over complicate things.
If i remember right, DPC only said they refused the request for songs to remain in the game, after it turned out the CC license was a mistake on the band's part. Any actual reasons for that refusal are pure guesswork and not something DPC said.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019

Work completed:
  • 22 songs
Work that remains:
  • 8 scenes left to write
  • Add SFX (almost done)
  • Rooster (90% done)
  • Playtest and polish
Overall completion:
Further insight:

Dr PinkCake
Remember, when DPC said, he tries to not make the episodes to big in the future ? :whistle: Yeah, me neither.:ROFLMAO:

But just to put this in to a little context, The complete version of Acting Lessons

" The complete game consists of >5000 renders, 217 animations, 61 songs and 30 sound effects. "

- I mean come on, this is one episode, one. Crazy:LOL:

Pendrell

Apr 10, 2020
Intrigued to know what the long animation/cutscene is. It's taking up a lot of resources, that's for sure, so I hope it ends up being worth it.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020

Work completed:
  • 22 songs
Work that remains:
  • 8 scenes left to write
  • Add SFX (almost done)
  • Rooster (90% done)
  • Playtest and polish
Overall completion:
Further insight:

Dr PinkCake
Josy Mc Zoey 3some, soo is it just me or is this update going to be like 5 hours of play

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Josy Mc Zoey 3some, soo is it just me or is this update going to be like 5 hours of play
overall I think even more, but for the single run I don't think so, in fact it will probably be slightly shorter than the previous chapters (which basically left us quite free to enjoy almost all the content in a couple of runs)

Reactions: Darkwen
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes