DanMotta

Dec 7, 2022
I mean, when the MC is not on Jill's route and hasn't completed Season 2 as a couple with her, she is the best version of herself. She gradually relaxes, emerging from her shell of the "innocent and naive princess from the tower", which was deliberately created by DPC. The bee suit is one of these hints, the other is an adult reaction to the break with MC we discussed above.

Very serious differences in psychology, it's like two different characters. Jill with MC is acting weird. Wears a ridiculous costume - the smallest elephant in the room. It's more of a source for memes and laughter. 1. Much more serious that she does not see how Bianca hitting on MC. It's happening right before her eyes. And she also accused Tybalt of not understanding social cues. 2. She still needs protection. Oh no, I can't take the walk of shame, Tremolo my knight, protect me. It's not like the Jill in Season 1 and the Jill who fried Rusty in Ep 5 and Tybalt in the restaurant. Rollback to an insecure girl. 3. Naive behavior in the style of vanilla romantic opera. Oh, let's officially announce to everyone that we're dating. Oh, let's get to know my parents as soon as possible! It's the 21st century, who does that at the beginning of a relationship now? These are the highlights and major differences in behavior that led me to ask the question, "What the hell is going on?"
And to make your thoughts a lot better, it is totally different from what we expected from her when we started the game. Jill is the first girl we see when we first start playing the game, she interacts with the MC and DPC (The developer) and she is witty, smart, mature on that short preview of the game, when you are still answering if you have played a previous DPC game and if you are over 18. That is what we expected from her, but when you pursue her, have her as your main girl in the game, she is the total opposite of the personality he pictured of her. But in all honesty. I've seen girls like her in real life, but just as real life once, I let them go I didn't care anymore even if they changed their behavior and became more mature to get my attention at first, before following their own pasth

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
He was using systems with dual 3090s, I believe. Screenshots of discussion were shared over the past few years.
If my memory serves me well, there was a recent post, by Geralt From Rivia, I think, that stated that DPC's previous system composed of four PCs with dual 3090s in each one.

But how she knows he goes to dinner dates? lol.
I myself haven't played that scene where Quinn rejects the MC either. I have only seen one screenshot that toobextra posted the other day and read the lines she says in that specific scenario. Anyway, to reply your question, she knows because she passes by when Jill is asking you to accompany her to her friends' dinner. It is my assumption that she got that info at that moment.

I wouldn't be surprised if she was all that. After all she is the only one besides the people whe have already seen studying at the library who was reading a book quiet in her room. Some especulate it is her "business book list", but it could actually be she studying all by herself and actually enjoying a good read lol. I wouldn't be surprised if she actually apreciated good philosophy autors.
Besides the time when the MC hangs out with Quinn in episode 7 and asks her about that book, with her elusive reply, I recall two other instances in which we see it. One is that moment at the end of episode 7 you are referring to. If you pay close attention, you'll notice that she has a pen in her hand. Therefore, while it does not entirely rule out the possibility that she is reading (she might be indeed studying and marking important lines of the text), the fact that she glances a look at the top of the dresser or whatever that piece of furniture is, where we can see what is shown in the screenshot below, suggests that either it is indeed kind of her business book list or her diary.

quinns_book_end_ep_7.jpg

The other instance in which we get to see the book I was referring to is by the end of episode 8, just after the MC narrates how by that time he felt like, generally speaking, things were changing for the better. This is the screenshot.

quinns_book_end_ep_8.jpg

This image would reinforce the idea that in that book she keeps accounting or other business information.

Last edited:

DanMotta

Dec 7, 2022
Well that's another one of DPC's magic :LOL:
Here she is at MC's height level,
View attachment 2576392
but here she a bit shorter than him
View attachment 2576393
characters height also probably depend on the scenes:LOL:
The relative heights are quite fluctuating. Josy in the comparisons of Sage and Jill seems to be half as tall, but in the comparisons of Maya or MC, this disproportion is greatly reduced. My guess is that DPC drops the ball a bit on her to support the jokes about her height
Either that or they are wearing heels. That changes a lot too. Sometimes josy is wearing heels, sometimes sage is. I suppose josy is wearing ballerina shoes with that fairy outfit, while Sage is wearing heels, no? Need to pay attention to that as well.

DanMotta

Dec 7, 2022
Considering Riona, I have a theory. You can't impress her in bed, neither with your endurance nor with sex techniques. She expects deep emotional connection with her partner. Therefore, only players, who would be rewarded to make her cum, will be the ones who had all correct interactions with her. That would be very realistic, imho.
Someone with Ren'Py knowledge or save editing tool could easily confirm/refute this theory depending on existence or non-existance of vars with Rio interactions in a save file. Though, I have a feeling there are none. The only choice that matters seems to be in chapter 9.
She is probably Demisexual. He can have just added this idea after all these kind of sexual affinities have became more popular. This game is 4 years old after all, and these subjects have been discussed a lot lately.

DanMotta

Dec 7, 2022
If my memory serves me well, there was a recent post, by Geralt From Rivia, I think, that stated that DPC's previous system composed of four PCs with dual 3090s in each one.

I myself haven't played that scene where Quinn rejects the MC either. I have only seen one screenshot that toobextra posted the other day and read the lines she says in that specific scenario. Anyway, to reply your question, she knows because she passes by when Jill is asking you to accompany her to her friends' dinner. It is my assumption that she got that info at that moment.

Besides the time when the MC hangs out with Quinn in episode 7 and asks her about that book, with her elusive reply, I recall other two instances in which we see it. One is that moment at the end of episode 7 you are referring to. If you pay close attention, you'll notice that she has a pen in her hand. Therefore, while it does not entirely rule out the possibility that she is reading (she might be indeed studying and marking important lines of the text), the fact that she glances a look at the top of the dresser or whatever that piece of furniture is, where we can see what is shown in the screenshot below, suggests that either it is indeed kind of her business book list or her diary.

View attachment 2581487

The other instance in which we get to see the book I was referring to is by the end of episode 8, just after the MC narrates how by that time he felt like, generally speaking, things were changing for the better. This is the screenshot.

View attachment 2581496

This image would reinforce the idea that in that book she keeps accounting or other business information.
Can you find the picture where the book is laying around and MC tries to reach for it and she doesn't like? I feel like the book in question has a dark red cover. The one in the second picture you posted is small and black (like a notebook). In the first picture I see no pen on her hand, I may be blind though, because I don't have glasses on at the moment. But if everything you say matches, then you have a point and a strong argument.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Jill is superior in a kid's party playing a banana or a queen bee or just a normal clown lol. That's the only enviroment where she is superior.
And to make your thoughts a lot better, it is totally different from what we expected from her when we started the game. Jill is the first girl we see when we first start playing the game, she interacts with the MC and DPC (The developer) and she is witty, smart, mature on that short preview of the game, when you are still answering if you have played a previous DPC game and if you are over 18. That is what we expected from her, but when you pursue her, have her as your main girl in the game, she is the total opposite of the personality he pictured of her. But in all honesty. I've seen girls like her in real life, but just as real life once, I let them go I didn't care anymore even if they changed their behavior and became more mature to get my attention at first, before following their own pasth
Correction a little, the first girl we saw was Josy, then in this order: Maya > Sage > Jill > Bella. Those were interesting times, when I was torn between Maya and Josy, and many probably in the thread those days...
I agree with everything else written, due to the intentional and unnatural writing of Jill as a character by DPC, her route turned into a circus with bananas clowns.
I wrote another that he doesn't need to use SLI technology at all, which is already dead. It's not required for rendering.

DanMotta

Dec 7, 2022
Correction a little, the first girl we saw was Josy, then in this order: Maya > Sage > Jill > Bella. Those were interesting times, when I was torn between Maya and Josy, and many probably in the thread those days...
I agree with everything else written, due to the intentional and unnatural writing of Jill as a character by DPC, her route turned into a circus with bananas clowns.
I wrote another that he doesn't need to use SLI technology at all, which is already dead. It's not required for rendering.
You didn't get it. We see Jill before we even start playing the game. She is the character who asks you if you are over 18, she is the one who asks if you are triggered by strong feelings, and asks if you played DPC's previous game. It is the interaction to get to know the player, before you start playing the game. But in that short interaction, Jill is a totally different character. I am not talking about when we already started playing the game. then ofc the first girl who appears is josy lol.

Reactions: Redd23

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
You didn't get it. We see Jill before we even start playing the game. She is the character who asks you if you are over 18, she is the one who asks if you are triggered by strong feelings, and asks if you played DPC's previous game. It is the interaction to get to know the player, before you start playing the game. But in that short interaction, Jill is a totally different character. I am not talking about when we already started playing the game. then ofc the first girl who appears is josy lol.
Oh, you are mean that. Well, it's not serious. It's just a model of Jill and a generated voice (most likely) for interacting with the player at the start. Not really her character.

DanMotta

Dec 7, 2022
Oh, you are mean that. Well, it's not serious. It's just a model of Jill and a generated voice (most likely) for interacting with the player at the start. Not really her character.
Yes but your first impression as a player, getting that interaction of a game character, she being smart, witty, mature, you eager to meet her, then she seems cool when you first meet her in game, and as you go further, you start seeing something else. First impression is everything, just not in her case.

Reactions: Redd23

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Status update 07.04.2023
"I've been bumping my render and animation quality in Season 3, but my render power has more or less stayed the same for quite some time now. I decided to invest a lot more into hardware and am currently in the process of upgrading my systems with 4090s and building brand-new rigs."

Status update 21.04.2023
"I've built a decent animation queue again; 47 animations are in the queue (but some will be merged into one). Animations clearly render faster than before, even though I haven't got the final rig of the upgrade into place."

Status update 28.04.2023
"The new PCs have finished rendering several longer animations pretty damned fast too."

I imagine it will be less than 8 months. As we can read from the status update reports, his render speed has increased quite a bit, which surprised DPC himself and was his biggest problem during EP9 development. Problem solved and full steam ahead to the finish.:cool:
We'll see what happens. I mean, updates have become rare where it says the exact number of animations / renders done. The last such update was 03/24/23:

"Comparing my current numbers to episode 9, we get:
  • 44% static renders (2237/5037)
  • 52% writing
  • 49% animations (148/303)"
    Now we know about 200 prepared animations, which is a good progress in a month, but the rest is shrouded in mystery.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Yes but your first impression as a player, getting that interaction of a game character, she being smart, witty, mature, you eager to meet her, then she seems cool when you first meet her in game, and as you go further, you start seeing something else. First impression is everything, just not in her case.
I usually ignore pre-game disclaimer. I forgot that it even existed because it shows up the first time you open the game, never again. So I was surprised by Jill on the disclaimer when I bought the Steam version.

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Can you find the picture where the book is laying around and MC tries to reach for it and she doesn't like? I feel like the book in question has a dark red cover. The one in the second picture you posted is small and black (like a notebook). In the first picture I see no pen on her hand, I may be blind though, because I don't have glasses on at the moment. But if everything you say matches, then you have a point and a strong argument.
Sure, no problem. I'm in front of my PC right now.

This is the book as seen during your hangout with her in episode 7, the first time we see it or at least the first time I recall it being an element of some interest in the narrative.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I am pretty sure it is the same book. And to extend a little bit further on what I said in my previous post about it, my take on it is that it is either business related or her diary. I personally don't believe it is reading or studying material. She would probably do well if she wanted to, but for the time being at least, she is not in college to study.

If I were to judge only by the graphic evidence, then my safest bet would be that it is where she records business stuff. But I think that the narration of the story by the MC also gives us some hints on things. And he tells us this line just before we get to see Quinn in the end of episode 7, sitting on her bed, holding the book in her left hand and the pen in her right one.

People hide the way they are in many different ways.

While it certainly might also allude to her shady businesses, to me that line, followed by that little scene of Quinn writing in the book, where this shot I already posted above belongs, hints more likely to it being her diary, where she expresses herself more genuinely.

quinns_book_end_ep_7.jpg

All in all, I am 50-50 divided between it being business related or her diary.

Last edited:

c0gnomen

Dec 25, 2022
Funnily enough, Sage was my 1st LI to pursue at the beginning of the game. And now after 9 episodes she is my least favorite LI. Her route feels so... tasteless. Not sure how to explain it but when you watch any other LI's route you can notice a certain development, how MC and LI are getting closer. MC and Sage though? Started as fuck buddies and pretty much stayed as them. To think that even Quinn's route feels more romantic than Sage's :FacePalm:

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
We'll see what happens. I mean, updates have become rare where it says the exact number of animations / renders done. The last such update was 03/24/23:

"Comparing my current numbers to episode 9, we get:
  • 44% static renders (2237/5037)
  • 52% writing
  • 49% animations (148/303)"
    Now we know about 200 prepared animations, which is a good progress in a month, but the rest is shrouded in mystery.
I'm not good at math at all so not even going to try but at least in one area compared to episode 9 we somewhere over 50%

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
For those, who are familiar and like to dig the game script or just interested and want to check or understand game better, I made an Excel with all game variables, which game exports at Season 2 end and then imports in Season 3.

I skipped very obvious ones like MC money, passed/failed classes, boost and cheats purchased from Derek and Magnar, etc, as well as MC room & table vars for tropheys, picture frames.

List represent quite well, what game really "remember" about your previous choices and actions and what you can consider more or less important. Under the "more" I mean variables that can seriously influence the future choices, the plot direction and lead to some major consequences. Under the "less" I mean variables that would be able to change at least 1-2 lines in dialogues or bring different renders during future scenes.

At the same time DPC discarded only temp variables or ones, which doesn't requiered anymore, because they were used to set some other variable to some state and futher checks could be done by checking the final variables (like lewd scenes) and not the ones that were used to set up them. So, don't expect any spoilers, etc. He made this work quite decent.

I posted it on Reddit about 2 months ago, it had a lot of views but very small comments amount. There are only a few people there who are all into the game script, it's digging and so on. So, I just want to share my work here too, and maybe motivate somebody here to explore game script, principles of work and so on. Personally, I find this exciting.

I seen here some authors of mods and cheats, so I would greatly appreciate if some of them would make edits or clarifications for some vars and their description, where I could have made a mistakes (including typos, etc, because English is not my native language)

I attached the XLSX zipped file, also I share it on my google drive:

so, you could view it even w/o excel installed

Last edited:

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
Do you need to be in a relationship with her and the other girl though? or can you get it only by desiring her after mentioning that to derek? Because if you need the first, not enough for that boob flash
Emm? You need to be on Josy & Maya branch and have a Neutral or DIK status (not affitiny). Telling Derek that you have feelings for Josy doesn't leads to this scene to happen. But that choice is important, because it included in episode recap (as well as choosing feelings for Maya).

Obviously, she will not do this when you are not on their branch or and even more so if you are about to break up with them.

Kamuisaki

May 26, 2020
Funnily enough, Sage was my 1st LI to pursue at the beginning of the game. And now after 9 episodes she is my least favorite LI. Her route feels so... tasteless. Not sure how to explain it but when you watch any other LI's route you can notice a certain development, how MC and LI are getting closer. MC and Sage though? Started as fuck buddies and pretty much stayed as them. To think that even Quinn's route feels more romantic than Sage's :FacePalm:
I would say it's normal that it's the least romantic route currently. Sage is only starting to pursue something romantic with Fuckface since EP 09, before it was just the friendship and sex that she wanted. In reality, the most interesting route for Sage is when you are not in the fuckbuddy path, because of the reboud guy scene.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: c0gnomen
4.80 star(s) 1,521 Votes