RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
What in the
Is that weird? I mean the first game I ever played was Melody and it took me like 4 or 5 months to complete and the game was already finished. I have several games installed years ago and updated to the newest releases to which I haven't played all the available content. I dropped BaDIK for a looong time when Interlude came out cuz I had no interest in the Zoe character or a side story. I hadn't even gotten to chapter 8 until last month.

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
That's quite a hyperbole given in the entire game there's a handful of choices gated behind affinity. Makes it hard to take anything you said seriously.
Feel free to disregard my post but affinity isn't the only system gatekeeping your choices. DIK Score heavily limits you from a metric fuckton of interactions during the game that influence your playthrough. If I wanna pick a certain option talking to Maya or Josy I gotta get that score slider to the chick side. If a few minutes later I'm talking to Quinn or Jade there is gonna be an option I wanna pick that requires me to be a DIK so i gotta go change that slider the other way. Also the further you get into the game the harder it gets to avoid being assigned a permanent affinity which is what I have to avoid at all costs to enjoy my playthrough.

There is nothing wrong with liking the system and how it's implemented. I just happen not to.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
How? I know I would not find the least bit of enjoyment in this game if I didn't have the ability to mod/change/cheat almost everything. I open the cheat console every few minutes because the abhorrent DIK/CHICK system is such an immense abomination that it manages to constantly fail to reflect my personal choices, instead putting me in a corner and limiting my experience to a degree it just becomes frustrating. To the point I have been playing this game for over 2 years and only a few days ago got to the Quinn and Jade threesome.

I did try to play without mods once only to keep having Bella and Jill shoved down my throat despite my best attempts at keeping them the fk away from me. Using the mod to make sure their path is closed off actually enhanced my experience since I almost completely stopped seeing their scenes. I dunno how things are gonna be in the next few updates since I've read you are forced to choose a narrow path but I hope the game is still moddable like it has been so far or I'm gonna lose out on a really good game. No point playing something you don't enjoy no matter how great it is.

TLDR: Could never find enjoyment playing BaDIK without heavily modding/cheating. Jealous of those who can. Fearful that the game won't be as customizable going forward.
Meh. Most of these games are just about learning the "behavior system" regardless of personal choices. "This thing is 'DIK' behavior and this thing is 'Chick' behavior. You do the "DIK" stuff to get to certain characters and the "Chick" stuff to get the other ones. Simple enough. It's the games that don't have a clear system that I just drop outright. I understand it can break immersion if too much of it deviates from what someone would do on their own but I feel like the story is good enough to still feel immersive and has a huge enough of cast of characters where you can pursue someone that does fit more with what you want. Unless your goal is to see everything or very specific characters, then ... idk hold your nose while playing? I mean there are a lot of characters to choose from just by being "Neutral" too. Or is it something like, what you'd personally do makes you end up on the "Chick" paths but you want to see the "DIK" characters?

I might get crucified for this but I also don't see the appeal for Bella. Maybe if the MC was older, more mature, or just not a complete idiot but it's just such a mismatch that it's just not very believable for it to be anything other than a fling. Plus her proportions are just ridiculous, it always takes me a second to register what I'm even looking at. Jill grew on me at some point after avoiding her route as much as I could until ep 8.

I use scrappy's mod, btw. There's a pretty good chance that it will still be moddable. It's not like Season 3 is going to be an entirely different game engine. DPC just made a new launcher because the file itself was getting way too big. Ep 8 was a nightmare to download for basically anyone that wasn't one of the first few to get to it.

Also, you could always just skip through the parts you don't like right? That's what I do. Though if you don't like the game, then it what it is. I mean at the end of the day, it's about a dumb kid going to college and joining a frat. American Pie-esque hikinks will ensue. Dickhead behavior is to be expected. Different people get different reasons to play it but this is the game's core premise.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Feel free to disregard my post but affinity isn't the only system gatekeeping your choices. DIK Score heavily limits you from a metric fuckton of interactions during the game that influence your playthrough. If I wanna pick a certain option talking to Maya or Josy I gotta get that score slider to the chick side. If a few minutes later I'm talking to Quinn or Jade there is gonna be an option I wanna pick that requires me to be a DIK so i gotta go change that slider the other way. Also the further you get into the game the harder it gets to avoid being assigned a permanent affinity which is what I have to avoid at all costs to enjoy my playthrough.

There is nothing wrong with liking the system and how it's implemented. I just happen not to.
Oooooh. I understand now. Yea, that's what multiple playthroughs are for. It's not meant to played in one-go. That's literally what the system is for to see the same parts of the story from different perspectives or something to that effect.
It's why there are separate DIK and Chick routes.

Heyesey

Sep 28, 2017

There's something very wrong with deliberately playing a game you don't like and then complaining that it doesn't work the way you like. Are you immortal, that you have so much time to waste doing something you don't enjoy?

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
There's something very wrong with deliberately playing a game you don't like and then complaining that it doesn't work the way you like. Are you immortal, that you have so much time to waste doing something you don't enjoy?
I wasn't complaining... Much less demanding it to change or cater to my preferences. I take it for what it is and I was just sharing my opinion, in this case, my dislike for the core system. I'm sorry if I offended you but please know that you are welcome to disregard my post...

ThaRealThiccShady

Mar 16, 2020
And yes and no. The harem route in relation to main LI is excluded (unless you think the Maya/Josy are harem route). But the path of Others is definitely a harem route. MC can fuck side chicks with absolute impunity for himself, can share love (and seed) with all the girls on campus. Another question is how long this fun will last and when DPC decides to ruin everything.
Ah you mean when the DIK mansion starts on fire and you have to choose between saving Maya and Josy.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Pardon my suggesting it, ser, but you have the wrong perspective.

He's not doing it to "control how you play a game". He's doing it because he's fucking sick and tired of people coming to him for tech support on a game they broke by cheating it and doing 'impossible' things.

If you jailbreak your phone and change the firmware on it, it's neither the carrier's job, nor the manufacturer/point of sale, to provide you tech support for fucking shit up all on your own.

I'm not saying you can't cheat (hell, I do, too!). DPC isn't saying you can't cheat. He's very clearly saying "Fuck you, I won't do tech support for X". And it was really easy in the earlier implementation, too. Just look at how many posts we have here in this very forum that say stupid shit after every fucking update, "Help, my game crashes at point X". And you see at least 2 dozen other people, almost all of whom are rare visitors to the thread at all, with the exact same problem.

When stupid shit like that crops up on his Discord or whatever other contact channels he might have, he knows he can just file them immediately into the garbage, because they're not having problems with an un-modded game. They've broken it themselves and he can wash his hands of concern.
That's fair and I can see how it would be stressful, I guess I just see it differently. To me refusing help to people with modded saves and such is different than taking actual steps to prevent people from being able to do it altogether. I guess it's a good thing the only "mods" I use myself are just personal dialogue edits.

Either way at the end of the day it is just a game, no matter how proud a dev is or how much someone may enjoy it. That's not me taking a jab at anyone in particular or diminishing the dev's work. There's nothing really worth wasting your day worrying about is all I'm saying. Situations like that just rub me the wrong way.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes