Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
All DPC's fault for not putting a screen with a simple message 'asshole, stop using the mod on my games'.
I may be mistaken, but I believe that was his first implementation of it, though it was worded more nicely. We're now on iteration 4 or so of him clamping down against modded saves.

OFT

Jan 6, 2020
RE: Pregnancy flash.

So, one theory I saw bantered about was that it's a Bella flashback, and then i saw a few folks say... if it is, it'll never pop up in Episode 9, because big Halloween episode, that would be a downer, it wouldn't fit with the party vibe... etcetc... I actually think it would make perfect sense, and fit DPCs style completely. How many times have we been having a great time, and suddenly downer? Middle of a party.. Cathy Cluck.. Punch Tybalt... Jill Blackmail... there are plenty of other examples where we go from super happy to.... "dang man.. that kinda sucks..." because emotional rollercoasters are fun. With that in mind, it wouldn't be too far off the rails to (whether it's Bella flashback, or something else) have a big huge party vibe interrupted by, or followed by, this huge... oh noes! moment.

Just my two copper...

I know exactly what you mean:

super happy

E8D377B4-04A3-4CD6-9C5B-9461557B2B5D.jpeg

"dang man.. that kinda sucks..."

1F912F8C-AE60-43C1-9207-E4BE6EB5B72D.jpeg

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
RE: Pregnancy flash.

So, one theory I saw bantered about was that it's a Bella flashback, and then i saw a few folks say... if it is, it'll never pop up in Episode 9, because big Halloween episode, that would be a downer, it wouldn't fit with the party vibe... etcetc... I actually think it would make perfect sense, and fit DPCs style completely. How many times have we been having a great time, and suddenly downer? Middle of a party.. Cathy Cluck.. Punch Tybalt... Jill Blackmail... there are plenty of other examples where we go from super happy to.... "dang man.. that kinda sucks..." because emotional rollercoasters are fun. With that in mind, it wouldn't be too far off the rails to (whether it's Bella flashback, or something else) have a big huge party vibe interrupted by, or followed by, this huge... oh noes! moment.

Just my two copper...
but I don't understand how this bucket of ice water is supposed to work. how is MC's account of Bella's ill-fated pregnancy supposed to block the fun?

Bella suddenly calling MC on the phone and telling him about it? or urgently calling him to her house because she "has to tell him something"?

that doesn't seem like it would work to me

Reafwalk

Jan 12, 2022
but I don't understand how this bucket of ice water is supposed to work. how is MC's account of Bella's ill-fated pregnancy supposed to block the fun?

Bella suddenly calling MC on the phone and telling him about it? or urgently calling him to her house because she "has to tell him something"?

that doesn't seem like it would work to me
I'm not saying it's an ice bucket for the MC, but for the player, as to how he would go about presenting it? No idea, slow moment in the party, cut to Bella sitting on her bed, flashback begins, return to party, MC is still having a great time, and you're stuck with this... "Man... this is great... but but.." But I'm no DPC and he could do it a lot smoother than I can think of :p

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I'm not saying it's an ice bucket for the MC, but for the player, as to how he would go about presenting it? No idea, slow moment in the party, cut to Bella sitting on her bed, flashback begins, return to party, MC is still having a great time, and you're stuck with this... "Man... this is great... but but.." But I'm no DPC and he could do it a lot smoother than I can think of :p
you make us too sensitive.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

1 in 5 players, maybe even less, really care little about Bella. if not forcibly interrupting the action, CTRL and fear passes.

proncaff

Aug 28, 2018
Thanks a lot for the help. Will give it a sho
DPC has some cheat detection built in. If it detects a certain cheat has been used it will delete your persistent data (all scene/image unlocks). I would suggest you delete everything except your game/saves folder and re-install the game fresh.
Thank you and Skeltom for the help. Will give it a shot!

*EDIT* It worked by deleting and the file and the persistent ones as instructed by Skeltom. Thank you so much!

Last edited:

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Pardon my suggesting it, ser, but you have the wrong perspective.

He's not doing it to "control how you play a game". He's doing it because he's fucking sick and tired of people coming to him for tech support on a game they broke by cheating it and doing 'impossible' things.

If you jailbreak your phone and change the firmware on it, it's neither the carrier's job, nor the manufacturer/point of sale, to provide you tech support for fucking shit up all on your own.

I'm not saying you can't cheat (hell, I do, too!). DPC isn't saying you can't cheat. He's very clearly saying "Fuck you, I won't do tech support for X". And it was really easy in the earlier implementation, too. Just look at how many posts we have here in this very forum that say stupid shit after every fucking update, "Help, my game crashes at point X". And you see at least 2 dozen other people, almost all of whom are rare visitors to the thread at all, with the exact same problem.

When stupid shit like that crops up on his Discord or whatever other contact channels he might have, he knows he can just file them immediately into the garbage, because they're not having problems with an un-modded game. They've broken it themselves and he can wash his hands of concern.
Seriously. I have nothing against using mods since I use one myself but for fuck's sake. Know the risks. If something breaks, it's on you so just shut up and wait for a fix from the one who created the mod or start all over again. How do people not understand how these work by now? I think there are even disclaimers like "this mod may break your game."
Some of these people have to be half brain dead to not make those connections or AT THE VERY LEAST searching the thread using keywords before spamming about it.

Last edited:

Heyesey

Sep 28, 2017
Seriously. I have nothing against using mods since I use one myself but for fuck's sake. Know the risks. If something breaks, it's on you so just shut up and wait for a fix from the one who created the mod or start all over again. How do people not understand how these work by now? I think there are even disclaimers like "this mod may break your game."
Some of these people have to be half brain dead to not make those connections or AT THE VERY LEAST searching the thread using keywords before spamming about it.
Or to use an analogy ... if you think you can improve your processor speed by slathering it in banana oil, you are legally allowed to do that. But you do NOT have the right to get it fixed under warranty if banana oil turns out to be a bad thing!

Heyesey

Sep 28, 2017
hey quick question dose this have a harem route?? been intrested in this game for a while
There is no "I can screw everybody" route. You can opt for a variety of casual relationships with some girls but not with all of them, OR, you can choose a specific love interest - and in future episodes, there may or may not be chances to cheat on whoever you chose, and there may or may not be unpleasant consequences for doing so.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: CoalPhelps

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Only cheat I've done is to use the edit online tool to replenish money to get 2D art.
Shoot, man, you don't even need that. Just unlock the console. Pop into it when you need money.

money = X;

That's it. No excess outside tooling required. That's more or less what I do with my cheat script, but I also have it checking your wallet limit, so it won't ever go over the unlocked maximum.

Kassandara

Aug 24, 2022
Shoot, man, you don't even need that. Just unlock the console. Pop into it when you need money.

money = X;

That's it. No excess outside tooling required. That's more or less what I do with my cheat script, but I also have it checking your wallet limit, so it won't ever go over the unlocked maximum.
I did this (for the 2d art) and I guess it fucked my steam achievements :HideThePain:

• Haha
Reactions: JETracktor

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Only cheat I've done is to use the edit online tool to replenish money to get 2D art.
How? I know I would not find the least bit of enjoyment in this game if I didn't have the ability to mod/change/cheat almost everything. I open the cheat console every few minutes because the abhorrent DIK/CHICK system is such an immense abomination that it manages to constantly fail to reflect my personal choices, instead putting me in a corner and limiting my experience to a degree it just becomes frustrating. To the point I have been playing this game for over 2 years and only a few days ago got to the Quinn and Jade threesome.

I did try to play without mods once only to keep having Bella and Jill shoved down my throat despite my best attempts at keeping them the fk away from me. Using the mod to make sure their path is closed off actually enhanced my experience since I almost completely stopped seeing their scenes. I dunno how things are gonna be in the next few updates since I've read you are forced to choose a narrow path but I hope the game is still moddable like it has been so far or I'm gonna lose out on a really good game. No point playing something you don't enjoy no matter how great it is.

TLDR: Could never find enjoyment playing BaDIK without heavily modding/cheating. Jealous of those who can. Fearful that the game won't be as customizable going forward.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I open the cheat console every few minutes because the abhorrent DIK/CHICK system is such an immense abomination that it manages to constantly fail to reflect my personal choices, instead putting me in a corner and limiting my experience to a degree it just becomes frustrating.
That's quite a hyperbole given in the entire game there's a handful of choices gated behind affinity. Makes it hard to take anything you said seriously.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes