Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Still hope for a Thanksgiving release
#ShamelesslyOptimistic :HideThePain:
I don't know about that. I'm not a very optimistic person when it comes to these things. I'm out of the loop now with the game but skimming the long list of posts since I've been away says he is still weeks away from even finishing and that's before testing for probably close to a month. It looks like overall this single update will be in the works for close to nine months before it's released. Didn't I hear he was aiming for faster releases? The dev times seem to have almost doubled.

• Sad
Reactions: allanl9020142

proncaff

Aug 28, 2018
Hey, I on still only on Ep 7 but I used one of the cheat files to unlock all scenes and now I can't watch any. I get an error log.
Any way I can revert that? It was the script folder with the gallery file in it. I suppose it failed because its for the interlude?

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Hey, I on still only on Ep 7 but I used one of the cheat files to unlock all scenes and now I can't watch any. I get an error log.
Any way I can revert that? It was the script folder with the gallery file in it. I suppose it failed because its for the interlude?
The base game should all be in rpa files. If you have a loose script folder anywhere in the game folder you can delete that to "remove" your cheat. There's a good chance it messed up your persistent file as well so you may have to delete that after you remove the other folder. On windows it is stored in two locations...

Being A DIK *folder name*\game\saves

AppData\Roaming\RenPy\BeingaDIK-1535311494

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
DPC has some cheat detection built in. If it detects a certain cheat has been used it will delete your persistent data (all scene/image unlocks). I would suggest you delete everything except your game/saves folder and re-install the game fresh.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
DPC has some cheat detection built in. If it detects a certain cheat has been used it will delete your persistent data (all scene/image unlocks). I would suggest you delete everything except your game/saves folder and re-install the game fresh.
I didn't realize DPC was another dev to stoop that low. It doesn't get much more immature then a dev trying to control how people play a "game" in the privacy of their own home. It may seem minor but they lost some respect from me.

walker188

Apr 30, 2017
I didn't realize DPC was another dev to stoop that low. It doesn't get much more immature then a dev trying to control how people play a "game" in the privacy of their own home. It may seem minor but they lost some respect from me.
Eh. Its the other side of the coin for being so talented/dedicated. Imagine pouring your soul into a product that people then 'mangle', it would be hard to bear. It's not like you have to play minigames and you can make as many save files as you want, so why bother to cheat?

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Pardon my suggesting it, ser, but you have the wrong perspective.

He's not doing it to "control how you play a game". He's doing it because he's fucking sick and tired of people coming to him for tech support on a game they broke by cheating it and doing 'impossible' things.

If you jailbreak your phone and change the firmware on it, it's neither the carrier's job, nor the manufacturer/point of sale, to provide you tech support for fucking shit up all on your own.

I'm not saying you can't cheat (hell, I do, too!). DPC isn't saying you can't cheat. He's very clearly saying "Fuck you, I won't do tech support for X". And it was really easy in the earlier implementation, too. Just look at how many posts we have here in this very forum that say stupid shit after every fucking update, "Help, my game crashes at point X". And you see at least 2 dozen other people, almost all of whom are rare visitors to the thread at all, with the exact same problem.

When stupid shit like that crops up on his Discord or whatever other contact channels he might have, he knows he can just file them immediately into the garbage, because they're not having problems with an un-modded game. They've broken it themselves and he can wash his hands of concern.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Pardon my suggesting it, ser, but you have the wrong perspective.

He's not doing it to "control how you play a game". He's doing it because he's fucking sick and tired of people coming to him for tech support on a game they broke by cheating it and doing 'impossible' things.

If you jailbreak your phone and change the firmware on it, it's neither the carrier's job, nor the manufacturer/point of sale, to provide you tech support for fucking shit up all on your own.

I'm not saying you can't cheat (hell, I do, too!). DPC isn't saying you can't cheat. He's very clearly saying "Fuck you, I won't do tech support for X". And it was really easy in the earlier implementation, too. Just look at how many posts we have here in this very forum that say stupid shit after every fucking update, "Help, my game crashes at point X". And you see at least 2 dozen other people, almost all of whom are rare visitors to the thread at all, with the exact same problem.

When stupid shit like that crops up on his Discord or whatever other contact channels he might have, he knows he can just file them immediately into the garbage, because they're not having problems with an un-modded game. They've broken it themselves and he can wash his hands of concern.
All DPC's fault for not putting a screen with a simple message 'asshole, stop using the mod on my games'.

Reafwalk

Jan 12, 2022
RE: Pregnancy flash.

So, one theory I saw bantered about was that it's a Bella flashback, and then i saw a few folks say... if it is, it'll never pop up in Episode 9, because big Halloween episode, that would be a downer, it wouldn't fit with the party vibe... etcetc... I actually think it would make perfect sense, and fit DPCs style completely. How many times have we been having a great time, and suddenly downer? Middle of a party.. Cathy Cluck.. Punch Tybalt... Jill Blackmail... there are plenty of other examples where we go from super happy to.... "dang man.. that kinda sucks..." because emotional rollercoasters are fun. With that in mind, it wouldn't be too far off the rails to (whether it's Bella flashback, or something else) have a big huge party vibe interrupted by, or followed by, this huge... oh noes! moment.

Just my two copper...

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes