ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
2 years age difference does not give you any right to choose for another, maybe only if you are less than 10 years old
The whole senior->freshman and senpai/kohai dynamics so prevalent in school VNs are based entirely on this idea that people who are 1-2 years older are way more experienced and know way better. And when they tell you to jump, you ask how high.

on what occasion would MC get involved in an affair he was told to stay away from? maybe with Quinn?
When does the MC ever ask if people whose affairs he's involving himself into maybe don't want him to? Does he ask people whose secrets he spills around if they're ok with it?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: CoalPhelps

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
The whole senior->freshman and senpai/kohai dynamics so prevalent in school VNs are based entirely on this idea that people who are 1-2 years older are way more experienced and know way better. And when they tell you to jump, you ask how high.
Yeah, except that he (DPC) has made it very clear this is based on an American university, and we really don't do shit like that here - the notable exception being the subservience of the pledges to their fraternity/sorority houses, and that only applies in-house. A DIK probate would not be subservient to anybody in another house.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
But it is in no way Jill and MC's situation.

Jill is in no way "superior" to MC just because she is a couple of years older, Tommy and Rusty would be, Sage at the limit can exert some power over MC, but Jill is not, in no way

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
But it is in no way Jill and MC's situation.

Jill is in no way "superior" to MC just because she is a couple of years older, Tommy and Rusty would be, Sage at the limit can exert some power over MC, but Jill is not, in no way
What makes you say Tommy and Rusty are "superior" to MC but Jill isn't? Rusty is just as detached from reality as Jill if not more, and he's got zero experience with bullying and such. Tommy is a village idiot and drug junkie who got in college thanks to cheating. Compared to either of them Jill comes ahead in number of metrics.

• Thinking Face

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
What makes you say Tommy and Rusty are "superior" to MC but Jill isn't? Rusty is just as detached from reality as Jill if not more, and he's got zero experience with bullying and such. Tommy is a village idiot and drug junkie who got in college thanks to cheating. Compared to either of them Jill comes ahead in number of metrics.
Rusty and Tommy are the leaders of the fraternity that MC wants to join, this gives them power, gives their voice extra strength

it has nothing to do with merit or even age per se

Jill is a perfect stranger to MC

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Rusty and Tommy are the leaders of the fraternity that MC wants to join, this gives them power, gives their voice extra strength

it has nothing to do with merit or even age per se

Jill is a perfect stranger to MC
Jill is the heir to family which co-owns the entire college, including all fraternities and sororities which are only allowed to exist as long as the college leadership allows it. Going by this logic, she's on top of the power pile, along with Rusty.

• Thinking Face

BigBlueDude

Nov 15, 2020
If we talking about Jill again...I'm wondering if anyone noticed Jill's strange and atypical behavior in the prologue of Episode 5? The moment she meets Rusty.
What do we know about Jill from the main plot? She is a very mannered, shy and modest girl. Jill has such good manners that she is afraid to quarrel with someone and it's just embarrassing for her to say no. She couldn’t even respond normally to Tybalt’s harassment until the end of Episode 8. Although at these moments it’s noticeable how uncomfortable his courtship is for her, especially in the second season. Or she will not say anything to the MC who behaves like a pig, for example, peeps at her panties. She is silent, although the MC receives -1RP Jill. This is the Jill we know.
But here's what we see when Jill meeting Rusty:
Oh, another rich boy hitting on me
View attachment 2089214
View attachment 2089215
When Jill finds out who Rusty is, she releases her best line in the whole game:
View attachment 2089218 View attachment 2089221
That smug face when Jill fried Rusty and leaves is pure gold
View attachment 2089222
View attachment 2089232
It's also worth mentioning her response when Rusty mentioned Romeo and Juliet:
"Haha, if you think that, you should read that book again"

And it's all very strange. And it doesn't fit with everything we know about Jill and what Bianca said about how she "pulled Jill out of the shell", which is to say, hinting that she was even more shy. What's going on here? Jill in her first year of college is a rather bold, open and charismatic girl who easily turns off an annoying guy who tring to charm her. I would say that in the prologue, she carries herself like a confident aristocrat, and not a tower princess, isolated from the world. Which we know from the main scenario.

I'm a little confused. Maybe Jill was broken after she got into B&R? Maybe the tragedy with Lana happened not so long ago? Who has theories? Is this just a DPC plot error, or could the event that changed Jill actually happen in the last two years?
Its a good thing to note as one datapoint. On the flipside though, people are not the same all the time. It could have been a good day where she felt happy and confident and was "out of her shell" on this day.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Jill is the heir to family which co-owns the entire college, including all fraternities and sororities which are only allowed to exist as long as the college leadership allows it. Going by this logic, she's on top of the power pile, along with Rusty.
but are you serious?o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

so does Jill have the right to go over anyone's head because her family (not her, not her father) are among the founders of the college or simply because she is rich?

the relationship between senior student and freshman makes sense (not necessarily right, but at least it makes sense) only within the fraternity otherwise it is just nonsense

if MC wants to be part of the DIKs he must, at least apparently, listen to Rusty, I don't think if he disobeyed Jill he would be expelled from the BR

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
so does Jill have the right to go over anyone's head because her family (not her, not her father) are among the founders of the college or simply because she is rich?
Are we going to pretend that being a Burgmeister or Royce in Burgmeister&Royce College carries no weight, and the college staff will treat your voice just like that of a random Fuckface?

the relationship between senior student and freshman makes sense (not necessarily right, but at least it makes sense) only within the fraternity otherwise it is just nonsense
For a supposed nonsense there seems to be plenty seniors who think freshmen generally know shit compared to them. And statistically, they're not wrong -- because what'd even be the point of going to the college if, after spending there a few years, you didn't actually have more experience and knowledge than a freshman?

if MC wants to be part of the DIKs he must, at least apparently, listen to Rusty, I don't think if he disobeyed Jill he would be expelled from the BR
If Jill ever had some actual beef with the DIKs (or the Alphas) i don't think it'd take much of exerting pressure to get the entire fraternity disbanded over the shit they've pulled so far. The DIKs only survived thanks to Cathy going soft on them; seeing how both Jill and Bella are pretty close with her, it probably wouldn't even take much convincing her to handle things otherwise. It'd take even less now with Cathy gone, since there's no one left to protect them from mere consequences of their own actions.

• Thinking Face

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
My guess would be that DPC simply created this scene and didn't care that it doesn't line up in 100% with "current Jill". I mean it didn't bothered me until you pointed that out (and tbh it kinda still doesn't bother me :D), I just simply thought "cool comeback, nice way to present a difference between "classy" Jill and "goofy/DIK" Rusty". But yup, you're right it doesn't sound like usual Jill who's horrified she accidentaly offended random character #3 :p
It doesn't look like the DPC, which thinks everything through to the smallest detail, but it can be. Any person can make a mistake.
Its a good thing to note as one datapoint. On the flipside though, people are not the same all the time. It could have been a good day where she felt happy and confident and was "out of her shell" on this day.
If we don't get some kind of explanation, for example, we don't find out that Lana died/disappeared/was in asylum a year ago, then most likely thats true, Jill just has a good day and being comfortable out of her shell. But Jill has a lot of skeletons in her closet and the DPC still has a lot to tell about her backstory.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Are we going to pretend that being a Burgmeister or Royce in Burgmeister&Royce College carries no weight, and the college staff will treat your voice just like that of a random Fuckface?

For a supposed nonsense there seems to be plenty seniors who think freshmen generally know shit compared to them. And statistically, they're not wrong -- because what'd even be the point of going to the college if, after spending there a few years, you didn't actually have more experience and knowledge than a freshman?

If Jill ever had some actual beef with the DIKs (or the Alphas) i don't think it'd take much of exerting pressure to get the entire fraternity disbanded over the shit they've pulled so far. The DIKs only survived thanks to Cathy going soft on them; seeing how both Jill and Bella are pretty close with her, it probably wouldn't even take much convincing her to handle things otherwise. It'd take even less now with Cathy gone, since there's no one left to protect them from mere consequences of their own actions.
only Tybalt could agree with you

But what are you talking about?

Not even Tybalt would go that far....

it has nothing to do with whether Jill is right or not, it has to do with whether she has the right, and she doesn't, I just don't understand what we are talking about.

her experience as a student has nothing to do with it, it's not like MC has a doubt about what courses to take.
just because Jill is convinced, mistakenly, that MC is being bullied she decides to go further, and not only goes against what MC tells her but does it in secret, while MC is asleep

but the crazy thing is that Jill knows that she had no right to, in fact she apologizes

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
only Tybalt could agree with you
I don't think it's just Tybalt; why do you think Rusty felt there's a point in bringing up he's a Burgmeister, in the scene mentioned a little upthread? Why do you think Jill prefers it if people don't know she's a Royce? Getting different treatment based on one's social standing is (an unfortunate) fact of life. There's little point in pretending there's no such thing.

But what are you talking about?
We were discussing whether there's any basis for Jill calling shots in relationship with Fuckface, as opposed to just meekly doing what he tells her. The presented argument was "she can't do what she feels like doing because she has no power". The counterargument to that is, at least as far as this particular college is concerned, Jill wields more power (and experience) than Fuckface. No matter how it might rustle player's jimmies.

but the crazy thing is that Jill knows that she had no right to, in fact she apologizes
Does she, now? Because llhares claims she never does and that's why she's so awful.

• Thinking Face

zero942

Feb 14, 2018
anyone know if exist any spanish parch? the mega's link is broke and the android version is in the actual version of the game?

el_rayan07

Feb 26, 2021
absolutely not

at the end of the second season the game even requires a choice, albeit not a final one, among the different LIs and we actually discard the discarded ones
Hay thx for the fast reply didn't get to see it till now, will check the game any ways just out of curiosity I mean it sucks the no harem path but will try to enjoy it anyway

dempun

Dec 3, 2021
It doesn't look like the DPC, which thinks everything through to the smallest detail, but it can be. Any person can make a mistake.

If we don't get some kind of explanation, for example, we don't find out that Lana died/disappeared/was in asylum a year ago, then most likely thats true, Jill just has a good day and being comfortable out of her shell. But Jill has a lot of skeletons in her closet and the DPC still has a lot to tell about her backstory.
Meh... Let Tybalt have her. :ROFLMAO:

schinoize

Jun 8, 2021
But given the outcome of the event in question she actually did know better than MC in that particular case. And honestly, the "she should stay the fuck out of MC's business because i tooooooold her so" holds little water when the MC constantly gets in everyone's business and it never triggers any self-reflection in the players controlling him. He gets to be on receiving end of it for once, no need to get all snowflake about it like it's some kind of end of the world and relationship breaker, that someone dared to display some agency rather than act like mere background for power fantasies, and did something you didn't want them to. (Quinn says "hi")
giphy.gif

On that note, and in the light of yet another Jill discussion today, I want to thank all the parties involved in the repeated exchanges, which I totally follow each and everyone of them (lul). You made me realise Jill is indeed #1 MG and Sage pales in comparison. This also proves that this thread is actually useful for something.
Whether you made sound arguments why she’s best girl or preposterous ones why she supposedly sucks - thanks, you guys rock!
1yb5.gif

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes