mightybored

Jul 5, 2021
Since this game is still in development, it’s hard to decide who to pursue as there’s no ending yet. Hence, I’ll go with the dating everyone option first until the game forces me to choose. Then, I’ll have multiple saves to explore each relationship.
It's probably worth it to start those multiple playthroughs now (after your first one), since we're ostensibly half-way through the game. The first runthrough is fun because you get to fuck around and find out, for better or worse, but the other paths are just different enough to make it worthwhile. Plus going forward, the upcoming Chapter Nine is (theoretically) where it will really start to diverge.

Konek Besar

Oct 3, 2022
It's probably worth it to start those multiple playthroughs now (after your first one), since we're ostensibly half-way through the game. The first runthrough is fun because you get to fuck around and find out, for better or worse, but the other paths are just different enough to make it worthwhile. Plus going forward, the upcoming Chapter Nine is (theoretically) where it will really start to diverge.
Ok sure, but I did have a different save before Sage’s path, before MJ’s path so I can still revisit.

Alright, thanks for the heads up. Will keep that in mind.

Jun 12, 2020
Just started this game 3 days ago, quite interesting but I was mindblown
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
, had to pause the game and collect my thoughts for a while.

Btw, I just started episode 5 and the latest discussion here is about Jill only, are the other characters’ path not interesting enough? I was thinking either Sage or Josy+Maya path if it’s frustrating to be with Jill.
Sage is the BEST. Highly recommended. imo order of paths are: Sage >>>>> Maya + Josy > Bella > Jill.
Of course, no disrespect to the other characters and their paths, I personally think that all paths are good as I've played all of them. Jill could be slightly annoying at times but it's a good path to be on nonetheless.

Konek Besar

Oct 3, 2022
Sage is the BEST. Highly recommended. imo order of paths are: Sage >>>>> Maya + Josy > Bella > Jill.
Of course, no disrespect to the other characters and their paths, I personally think that all paths are good as I've played all of them. Jill could be slightly annoying at times but it's a good path to be on nonetheless.
When I first started, I thought the MG is either Josy or Maya but I was dead wrong.

Right, that’s why I selected Sage’s path now and see how it goes. I agree that Jill is annoying but I guess that’s how she was written.

Reactions: FlorenThanos Perez

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I've always thought that exchange was weird. Jill makes a big deal of not telling the MC her surname supposedly because people are always trying to use her for her family. Yet when Rusty makes clear he *doesn't* know who Jill's family is, the first thing she does is pull rank on him. Similarly, as you say, this Jill is far more self-assured than the Jill who goes crying to Bella at the thought of having to live up to her deal with Tybalt. (Then again, Jill was a lot less feeble in Season 1 so the contrast wasn't quite as stark back when Episode 5 came out.)

Really, I think it just comes down to DPC being something of a sloppy writer at times. Jill hid her family from the MC to butter up the player about how super-special-awesome the MC is (and tease the mystery of her family a bit). Jill one-upped Rusty with her family because it made for a cool, humorous scene. The fact that Jill's behavior is inconsistent across both scenes doesn't really concern DPC because we weren't meant to compare them; if we were, he would have made explicit reference to the proper comparisons in the game.

DPC is very good at fleshing out his characters, it's one of his big strengths. But he's happy to cheat on small details if they get in the way of the of a given scene he wants to write.
Yes, I'm also thinking about this version, it was made for a good scene. If Jill was like this throughout the game, then I would even like her and would be much higher in the LI list.

Reactions: CoalPhelps

georsak

May 15, 2021
The fact that Jill's behavior is inconsistent across both scenes doesn't really concern DPC because we weren't meant to compare them; if we were, he would have made explicit reference to the proper comparisons in the game.
Well, in the scene where MC climbs in her room at night, where she reveals she's a virgin, she states that she's confident in a lot of things, but not in this (sex/relationships), or something along those lines.

mightybored

Jul 5, 2021
Jill pulls rank because Rusty pulls rank, I think. Like, she saw that he was immediately trying to impress her that he was rich and somewhat famous, and Jill decided to immediately show him that she could be his equal (which is what she wants). Remember, they did date for a bit after this, we only saw the initial shutdown.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
With the Rusty/Jill scene the only rationale I can think of is Jill having the confidence to use her name in the comeback came from Rusty attempting to use his name to one-up her originally.

Also worth noting that despite the confidence she seems to show in brushing off Rusty in this scene she did actually go on a date with him (as she told Fuckface) so the confident facade of rejecting him didn't last long and she did relent and go on a date with him.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
When I first started, I thought the MG is either Josy or Maya but I was dead wrong.

Right, that’s why I selected Sage’s path now and see how it goes. I agree that Jill is annoying but I guess that’s how she was written.
There are no "Sage" or "Jill" paths, at the moment (till the end of episode 8). There are different gameplays depending on your affinity (dik, chick, neutral), in fact.
Anyway, I can tell you that your gameplay experience is going to be different whether you date 1 main girl only or more than one.
Some choices will have a major impact in the story, some won't.

Josy or Maya as the main girls? it's up to you, in the end (it depends on what you answer Derek, after all). My honest feeling is that Maya and Jill are far more important than Sage, Josy and Bella.

Reactions: ppwlkr

Konek Besar

Oct 3, 2022
There are no "Sage" or "Jill" paths, at the moment (till the end of episode 8). There are different gameplays depending on your affinity (dik, chick, neutral), in fact.
Anyway, I can tell you that your gameplay experience is going to be different whether you date 1 main girl only or more than one.
Some choices will have a major impact in the story, some won't.

Josy or Maya as the main girls? it's up to you, in the end (it depends on what you answer Derek, after all). My honest feeling is that Maya and Jill are far more important than Sage, Josy and Bella.
Alright, understood but my affinity keeps shuffling.

I guess I haven’t reached the episode where Derek asked me yet. But, both Josy and Maya likes the MC as much as he likes them so it’s hard to decide but if it’s up to me I prefer Maya.

mightybored

Jul 5, 2021
As of now there is no splitting Maya and Josy, but I think you can manage to hang out with one a bit more than the other.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
As of now there is no splitting Maya and Josy, but I think you can manage to hang out with one a bit more than the other.
There are notable differences depending on how you treat them. If you give Josy more attention, Maya won't fuck you at the water park, and she won't let you cum inside her at the dorm party. I think Josy is less bothered if you give Maya the attention, because she's stupid for the MC in the first place, and she's a horndog, too.

Gunizz

Aug 9, 2017
In my opinion Tybalt character is not really appropriate, with a more credible antagonist Jill's story would have been more engaging. I know that would have implied an (avoidable) NTR and that is a sensible aspect for some very vocal players. But Tybalt being an embarrassing and disgusting wimp with a tiny cock makes everything too easy. Jill is just there to wait you to pick her up, she has no other guy close to her. I like when there are strong opponents in games and I feel Tybalt is a missed opportunity.
Just think what would have been if he was a somehow fascinating posh guy, still a despicable egocentric person but that kind of guy that a girl could fell for. A credible womanizer opponent that gives MC hard time. I think that Jill story is going to reveal new and bigger obstacles in the next episodes, otherwise it feels too boring, and DPC does not seem the guy into plain plots (but he could change his attitude to maximize supporters and income, I sincerely would not blame him too much, this game is fixing him for life).

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I've always thought that exchange was weird. Jill makes a big deal of not telling the MC her surname supposedly because people are always trying to use her for her family. Yet when Rusty makes clear he *doesn't* know who Jill's family is, the first thing she does is pull rank on him. Similarly, as you say, this Jill is far more self-assured than the Jill who goes crying to Bella at the thought of having to live up to her deal with Tybalt. (Then again, Jill was a lot less feeble in Season 1 so the contrast wasn't quite as stark back when Episode 5 came out.)

Really, I think it just comes down to DPC being something of a sloppy writer at times. Jill hid her family from the MC to butter up the player about how super-special-awesome the MC is (and tease the mystery of her family a bit). Jill one-upped Rusty with her family because it made for a cool, humorous scene. The fact that Jill's behavior is inconsistent across both scenes doesn't really concern DPC because we weren't meant to compare them; if we were, he would have made explicit reference to the proper comparisons in the game.

DPC is very good at fleshing out his characters, it's one of his big strengths. But he's happy to cheat on small details if they get in the way of the of a given scene he wants to write.
the scene was strange to me as well, however, it could also be a sign of evolution.

Jill may have learned over time not to want to be judged just by her last name, and this learning may have gone through mistakes like the one shown with Rusty

being a Royce probably only mattered more to Jill in college, first she will have been a rich kid among other rich kids (Bianca etc.), instead in college, "her" college, she came in contact with people from different walks of life

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ename144

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
In my opinion Tybalt character is not really appropriate, with a more credible antagonist Jill's story would have been more engaging. I know that would have implied an (avoidable) NTR and that is a sensible aspect for some very vocal players. But Tybalt being an embarrassing and disgusting wimp with a tiny cock makes everything too easy. Jill is just there to wait you to pick her up, she has no other guy close to her. I like when there are strong opponents in games and I feel Tybalt is a missed opportunity.
Just think what would have been if he was a somehow fascinating posh guy, still a despicable egocentric person but that kind of guy that a girl could fell for. A credible womanizer opponent that gives MC hard time. I think that Jill story is going to reveal new and bigger obstacles in the next episodes, otherwise it feels too boring, and DPC does not seem the guy into plain plots (but he could change his attitude to maximize supporters and income, I sincerely would not blame him too much, this game is fixing him for life).
There's still a possibility of Jonathan being competition, it will also have more of an effect as he's not coming into the story until you're well down the road of the Jill branch.

Reactions: Geralt From Rivia

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
You're right, Tybalt's role is a clown and a joke who fails all the time. This is such a toy for mockery from the players and a lot of memes.
The DPC has not yet introduced a single serious and dangerous antagonist in the game. Perhaps this will be Steven Burke, Vinnie, Quinn (several small antagonists) or maybe it's some kind of gray cardinal. Which has not yet been presented.
But Tybalt? I don't see him as a serious threat.

Reactions: ename144 and Gunizz
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes