Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Oh, my gods! The semanticists strike back!
Neat thing is that words havr specific meanings. People's using them incorrectly fucks shit up. The worst offenders are the ones that then try to make the argument that "languages evolve" to explain their own shitty grasp of it.

Examples: Decimate. Means to kill one in ten. People started using it incorrectly a decade or two back to such a degree that people now use it to mean widespread destruction, which is wrong. That would be more in the way of Devastation. This isn't evolving, we've now effectively lost a word with a very specific meaning.

Same with people misunderstanding Celibacy vs. Chastity. Only the latter word means to refrain from sexual activity. The former was merely to remain unmarried, and many of the old orders of service would require their members be unmarried. It's mainly thanks to the influence of the Catholic church and various Christian subsects that things get fuzzy, because they forbid sex outside of marriage, so one assumes that the words mean the same thing. They don't. We've nearly had that problem with the word "literally", because people literally don't fucking know how to use it correctly.

You may play BaDIK as chaste or not(barring the flashback of Zoey), player's choice. You have no choice in that all the games are celibate.

Semantics. Yes. It's like understanding that the statement "Adolf Hitler was a great man" does not mean he himself was a good person, nor that he did good things, but that they were of great scale and scope.

The Interlude, as the very name implies, is a break from the regular story. It was an update to the game, but it was not an update for the MC's story, which is what everyone is here for.

And a great many of us are tired of waiting.

Butcher managed to take so long to get his last book done for Dresden that I had pretty much stopped caring about that one, too.

walker188

Apr 30, 2017
While we are waiting for the next update:

Which scene in the game is your favourite so far?

I think mine is the smoking-weed-on-the-rooftop-scene. The build-up is exciting as you don't know what will happen, the music is perfect, and the outcome very rewarding if you choose to go with it.
The Bella BJ scene. (Sorry Sage. Still love you. It's just that your sex scenes have gotten worse and worse as time goes by).

There's just something about Bella. She either blocks you out completely, or lets you in all the way down to her soul. That kind of intimacy is intoxicating. She submits to you in that scene, which is also kind of fun, since she's a very strong personality and is one of the few characters that is actually able to challenge the MC.

I would be remiss if I didn't obviously rank Sage's first sex scene after movie night next, followed by Bella's all-you-can-fuck breakfast buffet.

Reactions: mnotwoke and Dinguz

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
Not gonna lie, my biggest antecipation with Episode 9 is knowing how DPC is going to make all this work with the same quality he did in the long run. This episode is taking forever to complete and apparently its not even looking good for a December release. Maybe a consequence of branching out the LIs waaay too soon? We'll see. Either this episode is going to be amazing, or a complete and total miss. I do hope DPC didnt flew too close to the sun, especially since he's doing this alone.

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
Yes, that's the main reason why people make Interlude drama - it increased the development time of Episode 9. Not everyone admits this and comes up with thousands of reasons why "Interlude is bad" but you said it in fact, my applause.
Pretty sure the Interlude is just a scape-goat to bring Zoey into the fold and add some drama to the people playing CHICK and in need of some sort of conflict. Its taking forever because DPC now has to write Zoey as the nemesis/alternative for every since CHICK path. Again, an obvious consequence on a branching way too fucking soon, a complete lack of judgement of DPC and I wouldnt be surprised if by episode 11 or 12 he cuts his losses and has the MC breaking up with the LI for a while, final 3 or 4 episodes for the player making his mind of the "Final LI", something like Bioware did with the Mass Effect games where you could pursue other paths down the line. Again, the issue is the branching too soon and the need of make 20 road that still lead to the story DPC wants to tell, while not turning it into 1 hour episodes because you'll skip way too much content.

I mean he didnt even properly resolved Maya and Josy, and he wants to branch out? Big oof.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
I don't think you can get babies by being fucked in the pooper...
The secret source of all lawyers in the world, I fear.

It has actually happened, but usually as a result of internal injury, which is no fun for all involved parties. And the occasional dribble - down rarity. Even worse, in my opinion.

Though if it happens to the MC, it is going to be just fine as long as it involves Camila and Riona. I take my happy pairs where they occur naturally, because I very much doubt DPC is going to set me up with a Josy/Cam threesome of brown glory.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
While we are waiting for the next update:

Which scene in the game is your favourite so far?

I think mine is the smoking-weed-on-the-rooftop-scene. The build-up is exciting as you don't know what will happen, the music is perfect, and the outcome very rewarding if you choose to go with it.
MC and Tommy going to the bar. It has nothing to do with the characters involved (Nicole, Sandy, Nora, etc.) It just reminded me of those times when you're walking downtown with your friends and think "yea, this is going to be a good night."

As for a favorite scene with an LI, it's hard to pick. Meeting Sage for the first time in the cafeteria might be it. For sure the hottest she's looked across all eight episodes so far. Or maybe when MC goes back with Josy to her dorm after talking to her dad. I also don't like Maya that much when compared to Josy but that scene where you follow her back to the Preps' mansion instead of going with Josy made her seem more solid as a character instead of being associated with all the abstract melodrama. DPC's pretty good at writing out those one-on-one conversations that more or less flesh out identities for the characters. It just seems like he has a problem with writing the "conflict" part of things.

Reactions: Dinguz

Matt2012021

Jul 18, 2020
Really can't call it a Halloween party now needs a new name I mean DPC spend what seems like 2 years working on this party and for it not to come out for Halloween is a let down but what can you do nothing

• Angry
Reactions: PappaSchlumpf
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes