Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
I'm 50 now, I feel your pain. And if he keeps doing this really drawn-out episode development time, it's going to be much worse. 8 episodes got us roughly 2 months time in-game (maybe not quite) as the midterms approach. The non-episode update didn't advance the game clock at all, which means it's been over a year for Episode 8 to 9 to release. If the next chapters are even at the 8-10 month mark, that means another 2 years to accomplish perhaps 3 more weeks, unless the scale of Ep9 is such that it also covers a much larger timespan than usual.
Dont know how DPC planned the game... some assume he will do the whole college time, which would be 3 or 4 years. I dont think so, especially considering that so many characters would leave college after the first and second year for the MC... how would the game look than? Nono... not happening. And foir that we would need HUGE timejumps, not only for several weeks, no even for years. Nah.

Its more likely that we will only face the first year with the MC at college... how it will end? Dunno... iam pretty sure that the MC will not finish college anyways, for whatever reason. I think his first year at college will be his last too. There are a ton of possible scenarios why this could be the case though, not going into that now.

But overall, for the "timespan" of the game, i cant imagine that it will be longer than one year. There might be an epilogue with a look into the future after the first year for the MC at college, but nothing more.

For now... we have about 3 months done. The game started in summer, i think maybe august. there were some timejumps already. At the end of ep 8 it was mentioned we are at "fall", its getting cold... falling leaves and so on, Halloween is already in sight... for episode 9 we will get Halloween, so its a solid date we have than with october 31th. Its a pretty solid guess that the story started in august i think. So yeah, overall 3 months are gone with episode 9.

And i think there will be another timejump coming up. Maybe during episode 9, but more likely with episode 10... i have a feeling that we will not see christmas and winter episodes. I think winter and christmas will be somewhat dealt with in a "fast" way. A collage like we saw already... i cant imagine that DPC will put much effort into the holiday season. There is no college for several weeks... Most people will be on vacation, visiting families and such... i cant imagine a whole (or major part) episode with all the characters seperated for several weeks outside of college. Nah... there will be a timejump for that. With a summarizing collage with maybe one month again including a bit of christmas and new year and thats it... No i dont see a big "new year party" coming. As far as i know its not common during college, cause new year falls into the holidays too. So yeah... for this i see a timejump coming and with episode 10 or near the end of episode 10, we are already in january during the game. So... half done after episode 10 would be my guess for the overall timespan we will get during the game.

That considered, the game is on a good track i think regarding "time-pace"

For the development time... yeah iam somewhat concerned too. Like it was for this episode, the game will be done 2030 or something like that. I hope not....

I still believe DPC can speed up everything with new hardware and if he would be a little more disciplined regarding the amount of renders and animations he is doing.

He went overboard, especially with animations for this episode (the naimations alone are already taking 6 weeks while everything else is already done without them we would have gotten a release early november)... his goal after episode 8 was to make the episodes a little smaller than ep 8... i think he said something about 3500 renders, not more and such... yeah, well... we will get nearly 5000 now. And way more and longer animations too.

Will it be worth it? We will see... i think the overall quality would not decrease if the episodes will only have 3500 and maybe 180 animations in future episodes.

If he could be that disciplined, would upgrade his hardware too, it would be a easy task to get on a 6 months schedule for each episode. That would be totally fine. But can he discipline himself not going overboard again? Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell... *shrug*

Last edited:
Reactions: SomboSteel

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Dont know how DPC planned the game... some assume he will do the whole college time, which would be 3 or 4 years. I dont think so, especially considering that so many characters would leave college after the first and second year for the MC... how would the game look than? Nono... not happening. And foir that we would need HUGE timejumps, not only for several weeks, no even for years. Nah.

Its more likely that we will only face the first year with the MC at college... how it will end? Dunno... iam pretty sure that the MC will not finish college anyways, for whatever reason. I think his first year at college will be his last too. There are a ton of possible scenarios why this could be the case though, not going into that now.

But overall, for the "timespan" of the game, i cant imagine that it will be longer than one year. There might be an epilogue with a look into the future after the first year for the MC at college, but nothing more.

For now... we have about 3 months done. The game started in summer, i think maybe august. there were some timejumps already. At the end of ep 8 it was mentioned we are at "fall", its getting cold... falling leaves and so on, Halloween is already in sight... for episode 9 we will get Halloween, so its a solid date we have than with october 31th. Its a pretty solid guess that the story started in august i think. So yeah, overall 3 months are gone with episode 9.

And i think there will be another timejump coming up. Maybe during episode 9, but more likely with episode 10... i have a feeling that we will not see christmas and winter episodes. I think winter and christmas will be somewhat dealt with in a "fast" way. A collage like we saw already... i cant imagine that DPC will put much effort into the holiday season. There is no college for several weeks... Most people will be on vacation, visiting families and such... i cant imagine a whole (or major part) episode with all the characters seperated for several weeks outside of college. Nah... there will be a timejump for that. With a summarizing collage with maybe one month again including a bit of christmas and new year and thats it... No i dont see a big "new year party" coming. As far as i know its not common during college, cause new year falls into the holidays too. So yeah... for this i see a timejump coming and with episode 10 or near the end of episode 10, we are already in january during the game. So... half done after episode 10 would be my guess for the overall timespan we will get during the game.

That considered, the game is on a good track i think regarding "time-pace"

For the development time... yeah iam somewhat concerned too. Like it was for this episode, the game will be done 2030 or something like that. I hope not....

I still believe DPC can speed up everything with new hardware and if he would be a little more disciplined regarding the amount of renders and animations he is doing.

He went overboard, especially with animations for this episode (the naimations alone are already taking 6 weeks while everything else is already done without them we would have gotten a release early november)... his goal after episode 8 was to make the episodes a little smaller than ep 8... i think he said something about 3500 renders, not more and such... yeah, well... we will get nearly 5000 now. And way more and longer animations too.

Will it be worth it? We will see... i think the overall quality would not decrease if the episodes will only have 3500 and maybe 180 animations in future episodes.

If he could be that disciplined, would upgrade his hardware too, it would be a easy task to get on a 6 months schedule for each episode. That would be totally fine. But can he discipline himself not going overboard again? Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell... *shrug*
up to this point real time jumps were not possible; MC's affairs were too much in the thick of things to allow a break.

in theory now, with the decision on LI, it is less of an issue: MC well or poorly would live the same life day by day, study, fraternity life and romantic outings

in the ninth chapter it is too early, MC still has to deal with his choice with Maya and Josy and the consequences of his choice in many cases. besides the halloween party that will cover half dle chapter.

at the limit the jump could be right in the final part of the chapter, as a twist for the next one.

personally i don't know, the christmas vacations would be the first vacations that MC does as a "boyfriend" anyway, it doesn't seem like an uninteresting time. for example there is Bella who without him would spend the vacations alone, there is Jill's family, there is Josy who lives a few meters from his house... we will see

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Just wondering: since there was no status update from DrPinkCake last friday, I guess he's finished and they're testing and polishing.

Am I wrong?

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
Just wondering: since there was no status update from DrPinkCake last friday, I guess he's finished and they're testing and polishing.

Am I wrong?
Pretty safe assumption. It sounded like the longer animations were mostly done in the queue that was only 9 remaining the friday before. Those should have easily finished in a weeks time and then just handing it off to the beta testers would be next. Sounded like DPC had done most of the storyboard polishing already, so just searching for typos and oddball error that don't normally occur is all that would remain.

Reactions: Levian

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Yeaaaa, no. Counting interlude as an episode is so totally a cop out :D

Get ready for an Isabella prequel between episodes 12 and 13.
Think you missunderstood.

DPC updated his community on Steam and Steam releases are seasonal. The interlude will be released as part of Season 3 on steam and he counts it as half of an episode.

Season 3 will feature 4 episodes plus the Interlude, so from a progress point of view it's at 1.5/4.5 or 33%.

Tadpol

Mar 22, 2021
up to this point real time jumps were not possible; MC's affairs were too much in the thick of things to allow a break.

in theory now, with the decision on LI, it is less of an issue: MC well or poorly would live the same life day by day, study, fraternity life and romantic outings

in the ninth chapter it is too early, MC still has to deal with his choice with Maya and Josy and the consequences of his choice in many cases. besides the halloween party that will cover half dle chapter.

at the limit the jump could be right in the final part of the chapter, as a twist for the next one.

personally i don't know, the christmas vacations would be the first vacations that MC does as a "boyfriend" anyway, it doesn't seem like an uninteresting time. for example there is Bella who without him would spend the vacations alone, there is Jill's family, there is Josy who lives a few meters from his house... we will see
It's true that when we start the game, we think we're going to follow the life of the MC during his college years.

But we quickly realized that was not the case. Eight episodes, two seasons, and we spent a maximum of 3 months in the game.

You're right, between the characters who will leave college and the different plots that require almost day-to-day narration, we won't see the entire university course of the MC in the game.

I think the game will end at the end of the first year, the rest of the history of the MC in college will be told in an epilogue.

Reactions: Hahn1900

D2M3

Jan 20, 2018
Think you missunderstood.

DPC updated his community on Steam and Steam releases are seasonal. The interlude will be released as part of Season 3 on steam and he counts it as half of an episode.

Season 3 will feature 4 episodes plus the Interlude, so from a progress point of view it's at 1.5/4.5 or 33%.
That's a hell of a mental gymnastic to get there.
It seems to me as if he needed to show at least a 1/3rd completion to justify the massive time delay that came with the interlude.

As far as the actual time left goes, only one episode is done. He plans 3 more?

That's %25 done. Not 33. And mind you not like the 8% there matters much, we're arguing over a pedantic detail. I'll satisfy your OCD and say, sure, let's call it 33% done.

The main point is, he still has another 3 episodes to go. Which is, for the average enjoyer of this game is concerned, another 3 years. About only %10 of this game's audience are aware of this site. ( Don't believe me, go check steamdb details)

It probably wont take 3 years. But it wont be less than 2 years either, which.... is still too much.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
DPC has added a timeline turner in EP4-EP5 that will be visible in EP6. In the screenshot, Tommy's Rooster response reads.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

"Tremolo A wet vagina around his neck? So, it wasn't last weekend?"

The weird thing is what Becky and Maya said during Josy, Maya and the MC's lunch in EP6. Becky said to the MC so she was at the DIK party last weekend and she saw him. She can only mean the EP4 party when the MC had the conversation with Josy and Maya. Josy greets Lucas and the MC asks about it. Maya answered so they saw Lucas at the Preps party. That was in EP5.

Becky last weekend was the EP4 DIK party and Maya's last weekend was the Preps party from EP5.

Back to Tommy's Rooster questions from EP6, when did the MC have a wet vagina around his neck. In EP5, when the MC fucked Josy. So why does Tommy write that it couldn't have been last weekend? This again points to EP4.

The interesting thing is what else was in EP6. The MC was with his father because of his birthday. When was that really from the timeline? After all, Arieth already wished the MC a happy birthday in EP5. The joke is what Arieth wrote to Rooster in EP6.

"Tremolo What a lucky girl.I ;)"

That's what Josy said to the MC when they fucked in EP5.

Tommy refers to EP4 in EP6 and Arieth refers to EP5. This actually shows when I consider the written of Becky, Maya, Arieth and Tommy so that is not a prescribe of DPC because this time irritation occurs twice. This might explain why Josy changes her shoes in EP5 and why Maya changes her hair in EP6. Then all are no mistakes of DPC, but it is planned.

I can well imagine, so that the story from EP9 really picks up speed.

• Haha
Reactions: allanl9020142

nagi291

Apr 23, 2018
Hey guys,
could someone give me quick synopsis of what is Interlude episode about? I played it when it first came out and forgot everything about it. Also I dont feel like playing it again, since I am busy during this time of year. Is Interlude integral part of the story?
Ty for replies

• Haha
Reactions: hawk784563

nyrek

Apr 19, 2021
Hey guys,
could someone give me quick synopsis of what is Interlude episode about? I played it when it first came out and forgot everything about it. Also I dont feel like playing it again, since I am busy during this time of year. Is Interlude integral part of the story?
Ty for replies
you'll have to play it because that's where you trasfer your save from to s3

but to make it short
zoey goes to san diego, tries surfing, sucks, meets emma who gets her a job in a tattoo parlour. zoey gets tattoos, emma thinks zoey is banging her ex, the owner of the tattoo parlour and posts zoey's nudes on twitter (whatever it's named here)
zoey either calms the situation down so emma and her ex get back together or zoey fucks her over (you pick). zoey goes back home, fuckface answers his phone in burkes' bathroom, gets zoey news, sage starts yelling FUCKFACE OPEN THAT DOOR
and that's it

nagi291

Apr 23, 2018
you'll have to play it because that's where you trasfer your save from to s3

but to make it short
zoey goes to san diego, tries surfing, sucks, meets emma who gets her a job in a tattoo parlour. zoey gets tattoos, emma thinks zoey is banging her ex, the owner of the tattoo parlour and posts zoey's nudes on twitter (whatever it's named here)
zoey either calms the situation down so emma and her ex get back together or zoey fucks her over (you pick). zoey goes back home, fuckface answers his phone in burkes' bathroom, gets zoey news, sage starts yelling FUCKFACE OPEN THAT DOOR
and that's it
Nice thank you.
As I said, I already played it in march so I have save prepared
was just iffy on the details.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes