Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
Finally caught up to episode 9 but I was underwhelmed by it I actually had to go back and load my save that I was playing because I thought I had skipped part of the episode until I discovered that the whole episode was just the Halloween party, I usually don't like to complain about stuff but I wonder how the hell did this episode take almost a whole year to make?

The story progression was non existent this episode as well man I'm frustrated now we gonna have to wait another 8 to 9 months for the story to continue.
I don't think work on the story is ever what takes DPC much development time. In this episode, as with others, what's consumed most of the development time is his interest in adding more and longer animations, mini-games, and similar elements. If he focused only on the story, he could probably do two or maybe even three episodes a year, but DPC clearly enjoys working on those other elements. Hard to say what most players really want (DPC doesn't do polls on that sort of thing), but no doubt future episodes will continue to feature that kind of content. A massive free roam episode is probably not going to recur, but we shall see.

DanMotta

Dec 7, 2022
If you go Jill route, early on you are hard locked out of Quinn content/possible future LI.
I believe Jill/Quinn is the earliest lock in the game.
the only lock you mean then is if you are not on DIK route when you invite her to your room after she got punched. I thought it was something recent on ep 9.

The Glorious LIME

Oct 20, 2019
I don't think work on the story is ever what takes DPC much development time. In this episode, as with others, what's consumed most of the development time is his interest in adding more and longer animations, mini-games, and similar elements. If he focused only on the story, he could probably do two or maybe even three episodes a year, but DPC clearly enjoys working on those other elements. Hard to say what most players really want (DPC doesn't do polls on that sort of thing), but no doubt future episodes will continue to feature that kind of content. A massive free roam episode is probably not going to recur, but we shall see.
The 3d characters per screen were pushed to the limit with EP9. He's been using those 2D sprites before but he really likes pushing himself further. He's passed the point where he cares what naysayers think. He's enjoying himself and earning solid cash.

Not that I agree with some of his choices, but I'm down for the ride and will most likely enjoy this game till it's end, more so if he pulls an AL on us.

BaDIK has one purpose, to entertain me. And it's doing that job well.

robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
i love the game alot, but i hate alot of the things DPC puts in story-wise. but it's his story to tell so i live with it. would have loved to see the others path bring in more girls for MC to bang, especially like Tara, Christie and Zoey the most as added fuck friends. anyway, i suppose we have a long wait for next update, good thing there are alot of other games i have yet to play, plus i still have to do my Jill and Bella routes.

Reactions: The Glorious LIME

The Glorious LIME

Oct 20, 2019
i love the game alot, but i hate alot of the things DPC puts in story-wise. but it's his story to tell so i live with it. would have loved to see the others path bring in more girls for MC to bang, especially like Tara, Christie and Zoey the most as added fuck friends. anyway, i suppose we have a long wait for next update, good thing there are alot of other games i have yet to play, plus i still have to do my Jill and Bella routes.
Hope you like potassium :KEK:

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
Oh, no, full agreement on that point. Miranda is definitely her mother. I'm just debating on the Madame angle now. Is it Vivian, or did he really waste effort on an old hag for no good reason?
I think the Madam thing was a giant troll move of DPC towards the players who never chose to go to the retirement home ever (Massive DIK walkthroughs) :4Head:.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
hello gentleman, could someone tell me if you have an option like "no commitment" in the episode 8 ? i've done sage, jill, M&j for now and i wish to know if there more than bella after that ? is there even more choice than that ?
To have the option of no commitment (which in game is termed others) you simply have to be off the M/J and Jill routes, so choose to stay friends (or be DIK affinity) with M/J in ep 4 and choose not to fight for Jill when that option comes up,

Reactions: IkarusWestwood

alex13_zen

Sep 30, 2019
Whoever hid that camera is just incompetent. How could you not know it blinks so brightly in the dark? I bet even its package said so :LOL:

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Whoever hid that camera is just incompetent. How could you not know it blinks so brightly in the dark? I bet even its package said so :LOL:
It also makes me question Derek's eyesight, how long as he had that bar for his room and he's only just spotted it? It's not like there's any windows so it's bright daylight every time he wakes up. Maybe it was running out of battery and that's why the red light came up.

James H Boner

Jul 5, 2018
It also makes me question Derek's eyesight, how long as he had that bar for his room and he's only just spotted it? It's not like there's any windows so it's bright daylight every time he wakes up. Maybe it was running out of battery and that's why the red light came up.
Derek most likely passed out every night from the "Fanny Bullets" too much to take notice until the Halloween party

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Derek most likely passed out every night from the "Fanny Bullets" too much to take notice until the Halloween party
But he wakes up in the dark too, he has no windows, so any time his light is off that red light should have been viewable, did he sleep with the light on every night until the party, and if so why did he turn the light off after the party?

James H Boner

Jul 5, 2018
But he wakes up in the dark too, he has no windows, so any time his light is off that red light should have been viewable, did he sleep with the light on every night until the party, and if so why did he turn the light off after the party?
Again he might have been passed out drunk every night from absorbing vodka-soaked tampons in his asshole to notice. He was pretty bummed out by not winning the costume contest and might have crashed out early and woke up and saw it. Either that or the Camera/Smoke/CO2 Detector was on "Low Battery" and needed to be changed out.

Last edited:

alex13_zen

Sep 30, 2019
I think it flashes because it is discharged or something like a malfunction, otherwise it would make very little sense.

in the end nobody wants to spy 'forever'
A malfunction seems plausible. Anyway instead of answering questions, the dev just adds more. Not cool!

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes