rannmiumec

Aug 27, 2017
But now DPC needs different material for Sage, Bella, Jill, Quinn, Riona, Camila, Lily, Nicole, and Maya and Josy.
And that's why I don't understand people wanting more characters to be more LI and/or have more content, all while complaining about how long new episodes take to release. It's one or the other, not both (it could be both to a degree if DPC hired a team, but that's not happening, so it is what it is).

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
ok i be more specific, when i say playtime, i mean the dialogues and the story told. And in this regard, ep 9 was not the longest, more like on the shorter side. And of course overall its very subjective.
I had the same impression as you, but it remains an impression and therefore subjective

and in general the story in BADIk has always proceeded at a very slow pace, somehow the relationships between the characters develop anyway (sometimes even in reverse) so we have to make do with that

the trouple players, who have waited a whole season of stasis to be able to progress the relationship with Maya and Josy, are rightly satisfied

those of Bella who have been waiting for more than one season to know what the hell happened to her husband (who remains as a danger on the horizon for far too long) are probably less so

it depends a little on what you're looking for in the chapter, if you were looking for answers you've waited unnecessarily for a year, if you were looking for kawai, fun and exciting moments then there's content for you

Lurcher1

Sep 20, 2022
It's not impossible but would he really try to control other people's relationships? I can understand (not agree) his desire to meddle with his daughter's romantic life, but would he go as far as trying to control ours without being related to Jill? He also doesn't seem to care about MC at all, so I don't think he would be doing that for our sake.
I can see him showing up of course, but to be the main drama point of our relationship with Jill? I think that's a bit unlikely in my opinion, at least for now.
He won't be able to control the MC but he could influence things and people around him, force him down a certain path. Getting too close to Bianca? Then the Grandpa could put presure on the Bianca's Mom for example

Reactions: Zorad

Roundell

Sep 16, 2022
Come on guys, stop unreasonably criticizing this episode. Maybe you haven't played other similar games for a long time and you forgot how terrible they are. Only a few can compare in quality with this game and only in some aspects. Long development time is the main problem and still most will prefer quality over quantity. We can only wait for the next episode and hope for a faster update.
We are not criticizing this episode because of hate. I think it's reasonable and reasoned criticism. This game is better and more professional than other similar ones, so the hype and expectations are higher. Yes, more of the games are terrible compared withy this one, but it doesn't mean this one is perfect.

My point is, the goal of most of the developers is to create an indie studio and most of them never reach that goal. DPC could create one because he's making a lot of money, but he prefers to be the one man orchestra even if his game is going to be worst and the development times longer... I don't get it.

Actually, nothing we say here, both praise and criticism matters because probably DPC will never read this comments, but we can talk anyway, isn't it? :)

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
Guys, please!

By the end of episode 6 I came to the conclusion that CHICK path is not for me. I intend to start a new save, but I have no idea which characters I can date if I go down the DIK path.

Could someone please tell me what affinities are needed to date the main characters?

SAGE = ??
M/J = ??
BELLA = ??
JILL = ??
QUINN = DIK (neutral?)

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
i guess, thats what DPC is aiming for... but as i said, "shorter" dont have to mean anything regarding playtime when we are talking about DPC as a DEV...

DPC is throwing only around his render numbers in comparsion of being a "shorter" or "longer" episode. So he stated episode 9 was the longest so far, but it wasnt the case. If you make a scene out of a few renders, but put many lines from the characters in it, the scene is way longer than a scene with few lines and more renders. A bit clearer... in a visual novel you can use 1 single render to create a long conversation... the mc and another character could easily sit there and talk... a scene like that can be VERY long. Many many devs around here work like that.

DPC not that much. During a dialogue he changes the renders nearly every new line. Mostly only in a slight way... just chageing expressions, or a bit of background action here and there... but if you "click" forward, a new render is mostly shown with a new line. While most other games/DEVs doesnt use a new render, just showing a new line of dialogue. So.... in playtime, DPC is on the shorter end here but doing more work. The reading is what takes the most time to play a VN (if you read it that is).

And DPC was increasing the number in renders for a dialogue scene very much with each episode... if you play the game, you will notice that in the first episode, where there is a dialogue between two characters, the renders doesnt change that much...

It would be a better way to show how big a episode really is, if we and he would count the lines and words written, instead of posting just the renders numbers. But of course... counting each word is annoying as fuck, while the renders count is counted automatically by the render-queue in his PCs itself.

And to make it very clear, iam not complaining about the lenght of any episode on being a dik. Lets be for real... nearly every single episode is longer than any other episodes or even complete games out here. There are maybe only two other games around here that can get even close to the lenght of playtime compared to this game per update.

BUT this last episode took very long in development... way longer than before... and the pure playtime wasnt really longer than episode 7 or 8. It cant be the goal and right approach to just boost animations and render counts to the moon, without "telling" a story and progressing the game itself.... to be frank, most of episode 9 felt like a waste of time to me in comparsion to every other episode before. And the numbers of meaningful dialogues were very short in comparsion too. So... bottom line... episode 9 felt and indeed was a little shorter than episode 8, and the huge amount of renders and animations were not worth the long wait.

Hopefully the next episode maybe get "less" animations and renders, but more meaningful lines and dialogues.
Here I agree with Felice, playing time is very subjective and everyone plays in their own way. I read the dialogues very carefully so as not to miss events and details, I look for hidden renders, during free roams I try to study the entire map so as not to miss anything. And then the first time I can not find everything. And in my own experience, Ep.9 took the same amount of time as Ep.8. Even though Ep.9 is longer because it contains many unique scenes for each route.
And you're right about one thing, DPC has started to create more dialogue renders to represent the characters emotions better. And it's damn cool, characters look more alive.

BatuRem

Jun 6, 2021
Another post about small details in the game. The MC, depending on the decisions, reacts differently to the meeting with Burke. Here is one moment when he goes to the restroom to catch his breath and calm down.
1. Chosen path is Jill, Sage's route is closed in Ep.8. There was no romance with Jade. MC is a little nervous, his eyes are open and we see that it is not very difficult for him to perceive this.
View attachment 2292545
2. The second reaction is the safe Sage's path, without having sex with Jade. Or vice versa if I selected Others and I had Jade's route open. We can see that the MC is under a lot of stress, this situation plunged him into shock, so his facial muscles are tense and his eyes are closed.
View attachment 2292573
3. And another option that I found. It was difficult, but I managed to see it. This facial expression appears if you chose Sage, but at the same time fucked her mom. I have already shown Jade's reaction to the breakup. So, the difference with the previous render is different eyebrows. But it seems to me that he has even more stress here and MC is ready to cry. And the forehead looks even more wrinkled. You can make claims to DPC as much as you like, which is what many do, but it’s hard to find fault with the emotions elaboration. It took me a while to notice it.
View attachment 2292587
This is pretty close to the toothbrush debacle of Yandere Simulator. This is almost impossible to pick up and interpret even if you know what you're looking for because you have to have remembered his face during the other paths.

Roundell

Sep 16, 2022
Guys, please!

By the end of episode 6 I came to the conclusion that CHICK path is not for me. I intend to start a new save, but I have no idea which characters I can date if I go down the DIK path.

Could someone please tell me what affinities are needed to date the main characters?

SAGE = ??
M/J = ??
BELLA = ??
JILL = ??
QUINN = DIK (neutral?)
Sometimes there are other conditions. For example, Quinn will reject you if you have a too good relationship with Jill, at some point you will have to choose between Jill and Sage and things like that. If you should download one of the walkthroughs if you haven't done yet if you don't want to find yourself in a dead end with the girl you like.

Great nickname, by the way. ;)

alex13_zen

Sep 30, 2019
Guys, please!

SAGE = ??
M/J = ??
BELLA = ??
JILL = ??
QUINN = DIK (neutral?)
Be aware that sometimes MC will behave like a chick even if you're on the extreme end of the Dik scale. Some have said it's his innate nature and cannot be truly changed. I say it's poor writing and cheap drama. This dev is however excellent at humorous situations.

• Haha
Reactions: saynotoNTR

Lyncs

Apr 17, 2021
I think DPC overdoes a bit that innocent behavior. She seems to be mature and secure of herself in other moments. The way she deals with Rusty with he tries to hit on her, for example, how she's trying to organize that campaign around her dead sister, how she takes Josy under her wings... But when MC is around, she becomes a 14 years old shy girl educated by nuns in a cloister, or something like that. It's OK, she's not Sage, for example, she's innocent... But does she needs to be SOOO innocent? I think DPC doesn't find the right tone with her.
Ditto. For a sex game this is a major turn-off. I worked my ass off to get Jill and I get a child? This is what I get as the real world outcome, dude. But I want your game for going off on a tangent!

Sylaann

Nov 4, 2020
Guys, please!

SAGE = ??
M/J = ??
BELLA = ??
JILL = ??
QUINN = DIK (neutral?)

I recommand you to have multiple saves.

I have 1 with Sage, 1 with Jill, 1 with Bella, 1 with Josy x Maya, 1 more open, hoping to get Riona at some point X)

Imo the Josy/Maya is the best for now
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: rannmiumec

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Trying out a different AVN, still can't escape Jill :(

View attachment 2292960
Well, my worst fears are coming true. Jill has somehow entered other dimensions and attacking other games realities.. If no way we can be found to stop her, she will become a threat to the entire Multiverse. Jill doesn't just stop only at Earth. She will devour all sentient life and replace it with bananas!
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
Guys, thanks for all the replies!

I wish I could go with Cathy and Bella on the DIK path, I hear that's not possible, right? Looks like Bella discovers Cathy's panties in the car and then Bella's path becomes locked, right?

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes