shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
When it comes to the Jill & Sage choice, I feel like I’m talking to a brick wall. How you motherfuckers can keep going around in circles on this one blows my mind.

Let’s walk through this, using what we know about the characters and their motivations:
  • Sage has a head cold (worst case the flu). She’s not dying, she recovers in a few days (we’ve all been there and typically would have continued our daily grind except COVID makes people treat anyone with a sniffle like a leper these days), and she just feels like a bit of company so she rings the mc.
  • If they are just friends, the mc can decline, citing he doesn’t want to catch whatever she’s got, and Sage gets it.
  • If the mc is into Sage, or as a friend accepts her request, he can ultimately hang out at her joint, doing random shit for her, random shit that wasn't necessary, it was just his company that Sage was looking for, but his efforts were appreciated. If shit was serious, the other girls would be there for Sage. Like I said, she just wanted a bit of company, and she and the mc have become good friends, if not more.
  • If the mc is into Jill (and she is into him), she’ll drop around unannounced to invite him on a birthday picnic. She doesn’t do this if they are just friends, she only makes this effort if the mc and her have a thing going on.
  • If you're a real sad cunt, you can go for a run with Leon. This was clearly added to foreshadow the raunchy run that you would not be going on with Jill later in episode 7.
  • If you’ve decided to help Sage (or are on her path and help by default), and you’re on Jill’s path and she rocks up like Little Red Riding Hood, just not so little, or wearing a hood, or even wearing red… and Jill rocks up, you’ve got a decision to make:
    1. Choose to visit the sick girl who is expecting you, and let the girl down who has prepared an outing for your birthday; or
    2. Go with the girl who has prepared an outing for your birthday, and let the sick girl who is expecting you know you’ll be coming around later (yes, the mc texts Sage to say he'll see her a little later on and she tells him not to worry).
  • Those are tough but reasonable choices.
  • If you choose Sage, the picnic is over, it was just bad timing. And it rains later on so there's no salvaging it anyway (even though that was not an option). Jill understands that the mc is seeing a sick friend who is a girl.
  • If you choose Jill, the mc texts Sage before he goes. We know that he does that because he tells Jill right before they leave that he’s gotta quickly text someone. Turns out he tells Sage he’ll pop around a little later to see her, she tells him not to bother.
  • If you choose Jill, Sage ultimately doesn’t care in the long run.
  • If you choose Sage, it triggers a chain of events (or more precisely it doesn’t trigger a chain of events) that lead to the mc and Jill drifting apart.
So that’s what happens. None of it is unreasonable.

So Sage is easy to analyse here. She just wanted company. If the mc declines or suggests a rain check (which is ironic because the rain check would have delayed the visit to when it was actually raining - DPC totally intended this irony to punctuate the juxtaposition of the Jill and Sage personalities... yeah, he did, he told me), nothing eventuates and Sage is momentarily pissed but lets it go. She doesn't sit and stew about it. She doesn't see hidden meanings etc. She's not threatened that the mc doesn't like her, she either knows he likes her, or they are just friends anyway. That's the kinda person Sage is.

Jill, not so simple (I mean the thoughts and events around the circumstances, Jill personally.. yeah, she's simple...). We already know Jill is nervous to be in the relationship with the mc. Her previous foray into the dating scene has left her uninterested, and while she likes the mc, she's not entirely sure about him. There are a lot of red flags when it comes to him from Jill's perspective:
  • He gets into fights.
  • She's potentially seen him running around with a dick on his head.
  • He doesn't keep good company.
  • He's very popular with the ladies.
  • He has an enormous scary cock (she potentially saw it in the tennis changerooms).
So part of her is excited to have feelings for him, but the other part of her is scared. If he turns her down and gives her more breathing room, her infatuation for him starts to wain and eventually she decides he's not the one for her. It's possibly a relief for her to end things since she was very nervous regarding where they were headed (sex and all that), so when confronted with a "sign" (i.e. him seeing another girl instead of going with her on the picnic she organised), it's just the nudge she needed to slide back into her celibate shell.

It's not hard to accept shit just panned out that way. Sliding doors and all that. It's only difficult to accept if you don't want to accept it. Coming up with alternatives as to how things could have panned out is all well and good, but it didn't.

James has to be alive, Isabella can't be in such a damaged mental state. How can anyone believe that a dead person will come back to them? I refuse to believe James is dead, it can't be. DPC wouldn't write something so poorly done.
It's not James that's dead, it's their kid.

Indisputable evidence that they had a kid and it's dead. Also, they conceived via invitro, they never actually had sex.

Last edited:

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
It's not James that's dead, it's their kid.

Indisputable evidence that they had a kid and it's dead. Also, they conceived via invitro, they never actually had sex.
Great...double drama? It should be James dead or James and the child dead. If James is still alive, will we still have to deal with the loss of a child? Fucking beautiful... With each passing day the situation with Isabella only gets worse. Jeez...

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Great...double drama? It should be James dead or James and the child dead. If James is still alive, will we still have to deal with the loss of a child? Fucking beautiful... With each passing day the situation with Isabella only gets worse. Jeez...
Actually the reunion with James surrounding the dead child has already been scripted.

Alternatively, there's @yngve's very disturbing depiction of events:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And then there's a slightly more serious take on things.

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
Actually the reunion with James surrounding the dead child has already been scripted.

I no longer have the slightest idea of the type of plot that the DPC intends to give Isabella, in fact I don't think even the DPC knows... What a mess...

• Angry
Reactions: Mootsin

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
I no longer have the slightest idea of the type of plot that the DPC intends to give Isabella, in fact I don't think even the DPC knows... What a mess...
Don't take what shazba says as gospel, or most other posters here for that matter. The bulk of that is made up or unconfirmed supposition.

DPC knows what's going on (mostly), but he doesn't tell the players, so they regularly make enormous conjectures. And then they get their jollies trolling newbies with far fetched ideas.

Last edited:

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
Don't take what shazba says as gospel, or most other posers here for that matter. The bulk of that is made up or unconfirmed supposition.

DPC knows what's going on (mostly), but he doesn't tell the players, so they regularly make enormous conjectures. And then they get there jollies trolling newbies with far fetched ideas.
Thanks, dude. I feel a little better now knowing that people have a habit of trolling fans who don't know DPC's work.

Reactions: Meushi

DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016

So, imma just repost my own comments since I can't bother to write it again but basically I think James is long gone.
The theory I find more believable is that they lost a child, James chose the cowards' way and offed himself, Bella was left all alone, met Jill in some kind of therapy session because they both lost someone (Jill lost her sister) but nevertheless Bella never fully recovered.
This could explain why Jill is so important to Bella, why Bella both asks for forgiveness and says she forgives James, and why she has so much difficulty in letting other people into her life.

Also, in EP9 although not much, we do have some additional context, nowhere during her talks with Bella Jill seems to think of James as a problem.

If you don't pursue Jill, she doesn't seem to have a problem with their relationship, she finds it a bit weird but what she's angry about is the dishonesty from both Bella and MC towards her, if Bella really was cheating, there's no way holier-than-thou Jill would be okay with it, it'd really go against what we've seen from her character so far, just look at the way she reacts if you tell her that her friends are cheating on each other.
So, regardless of what happened between Bella and James, I really don't think MC will ever have to face him.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Don't take what shazba says as gospel, or most other posers here for that matter. The bulk of that is made up or unconfirmed supposition.

DPC knows what's going on (mostly), but he doesn't tell the players, so they regularly make enormous conjectures. And then they get there jollies trolling newbies with far fetched ideas.
Thanks, dude. I feel a little better now knowing that people have a habit of trolling fans who don't know DPC's work.
Let's just clarify that a bit more:

I am talking total bollocks!

There's hopefully a big reveal instore for us regarding Bella's past, and some people may have touched on the right vein, but most theories are pretty wild.

or most other posers here
By the way, I totally resent that!! :eek:

:ROFLMAO:

So, imma just repost my own comments since I can't bother to write it again but basically I think James is long gone.
The theory I find more believable is that they lost a child, James chose the cowards' way and offed himself, Bella was left all alone, met Jill in some kind of therapy session because they both lost someone (Jill lost her sister) but nevertheless Bella never fully recovered.
This could explain why Jill is so important to Bella, why Bella both asks for forgiveness and says she forgives James, and why she has so much difficulty in letting other people into her life.

Also, in EP9 although not much, we do have some additional context, nowhere during her talks with Bella Jill seems to think of James as a problem.

If you don't pursue Jill, she doesn't seem to have a problem with their relationship, she finds it a bit weird but what she's angry about is the dishonesty from both Bella and MC towards her, if Bella really was cheating, there's no way holier-than-thou Jill would be okay with it, it'd really go against what we've seen from her character so far, just look at the way she reacts if you tell her that her friends are cheating on each other.
So, regardless of what happened between Bella and James, I really don't think MC will ever have to face him.
Interesting. I never went down that path, the bit where Jill says, "Bella..." That sounds consoling, like Jill is about to let her know it's OK. :unsure:

DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016
Interesting. I never went down that path, the bit where Jill says, "Bella..." That sounds consoling, like Jill is about to let her know it's OK. :unsure:
Exactly, it's clear Jill knows the reason why Isabella thinks she's cheating and her reaction was empathetic, not antagonistic, I find it hard to believe she'd react like this if James still had a place alongside Bella.

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
My only hope of seeing some blood in this game is gone. As I said, I was counting the days to see a showdown between James and the MC. :(

Let's just clarify that a bit more:

I am talking total bollocks!

There's hopefully a big reveal instore for us regarding Bella's past, and some people may have touched on the right vein, but most theories are pretty wild.
Yeah, I kind of noticed. :KEK:

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: shazba

DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016
My only hope of seeing some blood in this game is gone. As I said, I was counting the days to see a showdown between James and the MC. :(
That never really made a lot of sense to me to begin with, DPC avoids even the tiniest little hints of NTR or whatever you want to call it like the plague when it comes to the MGs, Isabella clearly still has feelings for James, if he returned I don't even understand how he'd write a story where she dumps her husband for a student half her age. I doubt he'd have the chops to pull it off in a believable way tbh.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: saynotoNTR

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
That never really made a lot of sense to me to begin with, DPC avoids even the tiniest little hints of NTR or whatever you want to call it like the plague when it comes to the MGs, Isabella clearly still has feelings for James, if he returned I don't even understand how he'd write a story where she dumps her husband for a student half her age. I doubt he'd have the chops to pull it off in a believable way tbh.
If you stop to think about it, what you said makes sense... James didn't seem like an abusive type of husband to Isabella, so that was one less reason for her to dump him.

As for NTR, if James came back she would probably leave him living at her house, right? Shit... No way would she prefer a 19 year old boy over her husband...

* me sweating cold and looking slowly at my nickname *

robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
ever since i saw the Sally renders of her in the office giving her boss some lovin, i was all over wanting Sally to become a main LI. and now it seems she may be moving into that possibility. treat her nicely at the party and she starts to soften her hardass treatment of the MC. i personally think she has the hots for him but tries to remain loyal to Magnar..even though he is a boring fuckin nerd. Sally wants to party. MC will get her..hopefully.

Reactions: Trakzer

Klepon

Jan 16, 2021
ever since i saw the Sally renders of her in the office giving her boss some lovin, i was all over wanting Sally to become a main LI. and now it seems she may be moving into that possibility. treat her nicely at the party and she starts to soften her hardass treatment of the MC. i personally think she has the hots for him but tries to remain loyal to Magnar..even though he is a boring fuckin nerd. Sally wants to party. MC will get her..hopefully.
context : sally is future wife material...

Reactions: p22 and robrize2169

DanMotta

Dec 7, 2022
What interest has the MC actually shown in her until that moment? List it and ask yourself if, were you in Jill's place, would that be all it takes to make you think that's a person you want to be your partner for life?
1. He went after her to talk to her when she was doing her yoga.
2. He kissed her at the tennis game.
3. He went to bella's house and did yoga again with her playfully and flirting untill they kiss.
4. At bellas's house when she comes to lay down close to him at the couch, he kisses her back, showing interest and only stop because she decides to stop.
5. When studying with her at the library and playing DnD all his actions are to protect her (if you are interested in her) he even "die" for her.
6. All those times with him helping her with her music, at the college, at her frat's house helping her to feel secure, giving her support. (I am not mentioning he going up on that stage because it was way later), but you know he did support her since the start.
I am pretty sure there are more situations that can be mentioned before that date, but here are a few as you requested.

Ps. "and ask yourself if, were you in Jill's place, would that be all it takes to make you think that's a person you want to be your partner for life?" You are at the college, partner for life? Not even if he went on that picnic date, he should be seen as a person to be her partner for life lol. That is so damn stupid. To be someone's partner for life requires more than that. but to start dating he had done quite a few things with and for her. And after explaining to her later that he had to go visit a friend who was sick and asked for his help and he agreed to help her BEFORE jill shows up at his door, that shouldn't be seen as something bad. A bad action from someone as a bad sign to not date him. Her loss.
Someone's life is more than the existence of the partner. There are other friends and people he has to meet on his life, not dedicate his entire life to her.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes