Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Think we might get texts, or a phone call or two from Zoey. But I doubt we'll see her, properly, again until, at least, ep 11.

adast

May 12, 2023
No, it is not. It's exactly the same with every other side girl. The MC can only gain RPs with main girls, Derek and some factions as far as I can remember.
Yeah, but the way DPC was promoting her I thought that she will become one of the main girls. Trying to mess up your relationship with LI from ep8 and all that. Now I wouldn't be surprised if he planned something entirely different for her.

Reactions: Nurikabe

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
It might something to consider that, if you go through the entire game (once it's finished of course) on a solo route, that you'd be offered the choice to end up back with Zoey. Considering (as it's been mentioned) she doesn't have any romancing points allocated to her char, that this would be a possible way to get with her at the finish line. Would that be crazy, or a possibility?

Lovetities

Apr 3, 2020
It might something to consider that, if you go through the entire game (once it's finished of course) on a solo route, that you'd be offered the choice to end up back with Zoey. Considering (as it's been mentioned) she doesn't have any romancing points allocated to her char, that this would be a possible way to get with her at the finish line. Would that be crazy, or a possibility?
Relationship points so far doesn't matter, I mean even if you have been a chick and had alot of Maya points but still she gonna reject you if turn dick before the library.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

sampow

May 14, 2023
Prediction, we will not get a Zoey scene until ep 12. :coffee:
Absent reputation meter with her is very suspicious.
No, it is not. It's exactly the same with every other side girl. The MC can only gain RPs with main girls, Derek and some factions as far as I can remember.
Not a bad guess to be honest. The good news is Zoey and the MC don't really need a warm up period, but the problem is location. I thought that Zoey expressing the wish to join college in San Diego was the perfect setup for the MC to ask Jacob to help her with that one tool she has trouble with and insta join after midterms, but time wise it's getting a little iffy.

She basically has to join B&R in Episode 10 or at the start of the next semester, which should be like 3 months'ish. So if they don't "reconnect" in Episode 10 than 12 is probably a really good guess. But we know it's gonna happen, it's probably even more unavoidable than Arieth getting knocked up, Zoey seems to be DPC's cannon ending. Hope you didn't make any plan for 2025 yet :D
To my understanding, the following "progression" flags (i.e. path creation) with Zoey are the following:
  • ep9_mad_at_zoey - When the mc first catches up with her, he can tell her he is mad, or just struggling with his feelings.
  • ep9_jb_gf - The mc tells JB that Zoey is either his childhood friend or ex-girlfriend.
  • ep9_derek_better_friend - The mc tells Derek who is the better friend, Zoey or Derek.
  • ep9_winner - Zoey wins the costume party and takes the trophy home (hopefully she doesn't use the trophy, the mc's dick won't seem so big after that! :eek:)
  • ep9_zoey_crash - The mc offers Zoey his couch to crash on for the night after the party, but she turns him down.
The "ep9_mad_at_zoey" and "ep9_derek_better_friend" flags are recorded in the end of episode report, so they should be significant, but the "ep9_zoey_crash" flag seems the most telling to me because you can only invite her to stay if the mc is "alone" (no LI entanglement) and not mad at her. She turns him down anyway, but the fact that he only offers if he's available, means he's offering because he wants her back in his life for serious reasons, not just as a friend (otherwise he'd extend the offer to her regardless of his relationship status).

What does all that mean? It means the wheels are already turning, regardless of her not getting around to sucking his cock in episode 9.

Last edited:

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
You mean if it's a possibility that DPC shelves her untill the very last Episode ? Storywise anything goes, but DPC wise ? I would say highly unlikely, he invested too much into her already and as I said before, the setup is already in place with Zoey trying to go to college in San Diego. Maybe DPC is just being pragmatic, since a full pro Zoey choice right now would mean one more mandatory scene per update.

Reactions: funkymonkeyjedi

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
You mean if it's a possibility that DPC shelves her untill the very last Episode ? Storywise anything goes, but DPC wise ? I would say highly unlikely, he invested too much into her already and as I said before, the setup is already in place with Zoey trying to go to college in San Diego. Maybe DPC is just being pragmatic, since a full pro Zoey choice right now would mean one more mandatory scene per update.
I don't think that overly bothers DPC. Episode 9 was 5k static renders long.

JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017
Current variables don't mean a lot. If you look at the code every release has a header file which sets default values for variables that will be used on that episode and adds a lot of new ones. For instance, the Madame variables aren't defined until she becomes an active character in episode 7.

There is nothing preventing DPC from populating Zoey variables in the next release where she spends time with MC and his choices mean anything to their relationship. An example of that could be that at the end of the Halloween party no matter what options you pick when interacting with Zoey she always takes the train home, so there is nothing to carry over to future releases. Had there been an option for her to take MC up on the offer to stay in his room it would have led to some interesting outcomes: does she sleep on the couch since the dorm girls have the bed; does MC join the dorm girls and leave Zoey on the couch, or vice versa; if MC sleeps with one of the "other" track options off-site where does Zoey sleep, or does she come along as an observer/participant; if MC is on a romance track (not others) how does Zoey being in his room derail their staying over (though Sage would just drag her physically into the bed with them for sure), etc. Variables would need to be created to track that for future interactions with her and anyone she wound up sleeping with.

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Current variables don't mean a lot. If you look at the code every release has a header file which sets default values for variables that will be used on that episode and adds a lot of new ones. For instance, the Madame variables aren't defined until she becomes an active character in episode 7.

There is nothing preventing DPC from populating Zoey variables in the next release where she spends time with MC and his choices mean anything to their relationship. An example of that could be that at the end of the Halloween party no matter what options you pick when interacting with Zoey she always takes the train home, so there is nothing to carry over to future releases. Had there been an option for her to take MC up on the offer to stay in his room it would have led to some interesting outcomes: does she sleep on the couch since the dorm girls have the bed; does MC join the dorm girls and leave Zoey on the couch, or vice versa; if MC sleeps with one of the "other" track options off-site where does Zoey sleep, or does she come along as an observer/participant; if MC is on a romance track (not others) how does Zoey being in his room derail their staying over (though Sage would just drag her physically into the bed with them for sure), etc. Variables would need to be created to track that for future interactions with her and anyone she wound up sleeping with.
I agree with a lot if not all of what you said.
But my point was, If the solo route is chosen, doing the 'cliché' full circle angle could be in the cards as far as Zoey is concerned. Whether her character has variable assigned to her or not at this point in the story, if I recall correctly, I believe someone confirmed the current story progress is at roughly the 50% marker? or thereabout. Still plenty of road ahead story-wise so of course this is all speculation.

But I think this could still be an option for the MC to end this saga back where he started with Zoey once all the chips have fallen (hence the 'full circle' path could become a possibility). And this option wouldn't require any variables be set for her char at all. Simply offered as a direct choice of yes or no at the very end should the MC be solo. Until that point she wouldn't need any RP points assigned to her at all as far as the current progression is concerned.

Like I said, all mere speculation. Perhaps even wishful thinking.

Reactions: JJ1960

JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017
But my point was, If the solo route is chosen, doing the 'cliché' full circle angle could be in the cards as far as Zoey is concerned. Whether her character has variable assigned to her or not at this point in the story, if I recall correctly, I believe someone confirmed the current story progress is at roughly the 50% marker? or thereabout. Still plenty of road ahead story-wise so of course this is all speculation.

But I think this could still be an option for the MC to end this saga back where he started with Zoey once all the chips have fallen (hence the 'full circle' path could become a possibility). And this option wouldn't require any variables be set for her char at all. Simply offered as a direct choice of yes or no at the very end should the MC be solo. Until that point she wouldn't need any RP points assigned to her at all as far as the current progression is concerned.

My rather long-winded point was that current variable definition doesn't mean jack as far as long-term story goes. DPC could declare an entire block of Zoey parameters with any future release, turning her into a major side girl (a la Quinn) or even a main girl. He could even have different main girl banners to click through at the end of the chapters depending on whether you were derailed from a path entirely and no future lies with a particular girl, such as Zoey replacing Jill if you are on massive DIK.

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Relationship points so far doesn't matter, I mean even if you have been a chick and had alot of Maya points but still she gonna reject you if turn dick before the library.
Hmm... I really hope those points end up bearing some importance in the long run. Otherwise, they'd end turning into one of the most pointless game features ever.

The "ep9_mad_at_zoey" and "ep9_derek_better_friend" flags are recorded in the end of episode report, so they should be significant, but the "ep9_zoey_crash" flag seems the most telling to me because you can only invite her to stay if the mc is "alone" (no LI entanglement) and not mad at her. She turns him down anyway, but the fact that he only offers if he's available, means he's offering because he wants her back in his life for serious reasons, not just as a friend (otherwise he'd extend the offer to her regardless of his relationship status).
Either that or becase Fuckface doesn't want to give any reason for concern to the girl or girls (any of the five MGs, including the throuple) he's just started getting serious with.

Put yourself in their place. "So. This girl was his girlfriend, who's been missing from his life for quite some time. And now he is inviting her to crush in his place?... Nah! I don't have any reason to feel insecure, silly me... Do I?"

sampow

May 14, 2023

If you consider DPC's original creation (AL), although there was a fuck load less characters, I think almost all the characters had an ending, even his rotten ex. I wouldn't be surprised if there were simple endings with a lot of the girls in the game. DPC would be blind if he didn't see that following a number of the side chicks have. I'd say at a minimum, the following girls will have an ending (even if it's not elaborate):
  • Camila (They are actually a good couple, both adventurous and casual, I can see this as a happy ending (y))
  • Envy (I don't know if it'd work out long term, but they could definitely give it a go, just as long as her kid is not a cunt :unsure:)
  • Bella (Obviously she's a main LI so they gotta live happily every after, maybe after she's started sessions with a shrink? o_O)
  • Jade (I think this will be a tragic ending, i.e. they do not live happily ever after :eek:)
  • Jill (Typical fairy tale ending :rolleyes:)
  • Josy (The perfect ending, better than a fairy tale :giggle:)
  • Lily (Dunno what Lily's angle is, but the mc could be a significant part of her life going forward ;))
  • Maya (If Maya reverts to her episode 1 self, this would be a good ending (y))
  • Maya & Josy (The throuple ending I'm sure many want :sneaky:)
  • Mel & Sarah (These two are inseparable but they could include the mc for a while. Maybe not a definitive ending, but definitely a blissful transience :sneaky:)
  • Quinn (It's gotta happen. I don't know how, but she will eat her greens! :cautious:)
  • Riona (This would be nice :giggle:)
  • Sage (As long as the mc doesn't cheat, should be a good ending (y))
  • Zoey (Definitely on the cards, the mc will have gone full circle, but grown a lot on the journey (y)).

Last edited:

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
My rather long-winded point was that current variable definition doesn't mean jack as far as long-term story goes. DPC could declare an entire block of Zoey parameters with any future release, turning her into a major side girl (a la Quinn) or even a main girl. He could even have different main girl banners to click through at the end of the chapters depending on whether you were derailed from a path entirely and no future lies with a particular girl, such as Zoey replacing Jill if you are on massive DIK.
Makes sense, I see what you're saying.
And very true.
(y)

Reactions: JJ1960

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I was browsing through the game's images looking for reference images and I noticed something from episode 7 that I either forgot or missed. Not sure what sort of importance it has in the overall game, but the DEV felt a need to point it out. Karen has a hearing aid. Again, seems relatively unimportant except for the fact that it is zoomed in on and pointed out which makes me wonder why? Maybe I'm reading too much into this...

ep7_ending10a.jpg

sampow

May 14, 2023
I was browsing through the game's images looking for reference images and I noticed something from episode 7 that I either forgot or missed. Not sure what sort of importance it has in the overall game, but the DEV felt a need to point it out. Karen has a hearing aid. Again, seems relatively unimportant except for the fact that it is zoomed in on and pointed out which makes me wonder why? Maybe I'm reading too much into this...

View attachment 2628733
From recollection, I thought it was about accepting yourself for who you are, faults and all. And having KRJ brush her hair aside, not trying to hide her hearing aid, was just a sample of that positive attitude.

Of course it's possible I'm just talking out of my ass... :unsure:

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023

View attachment 2628733
Yeh, I think you could be onto something to consider where she is concerned. It does make one wonder doesn't it?
:unsure:

And I just looked out my window and it's fawking snowing.... mid may and all my shovels are stored away.
/me bangs head on desk.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
From recollection, I thought it was about accepting yourself for who you are, faults and all. And having KRJ brush her hair aside, not trying to hide her hearing aid, was just a sample of that positive attitude.

Of course it's possible I'm just talking out of my ass... :unsure:
That sounds plausible. I forget that particular scene so... just something I probably forgot about that I thought was interesting <shrug>.

It's amazing the images I seen while browsing that I don't recall seeing while playing. I may have to play through again. heheh

Reactions: sampow
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes