zababou25

Jul 20, 2020
I enjoy them, the first time around, but I enjoy the story more than clicking around the joint, and they make replaying it using different options more tedious.

Are you playing on PC? Did you ever save your game with mods installed? Tell us about yourself, the more we know, the more we can help, like do you enjoy along walks along the beach?
Yes I play on pc I already saved with mods yes but a long time ago and I never had any problem and yes I like walks on the beach x)

PRTech

Jul 25, 2021
This is an english forum, moderators will delete your comment becouse of that. Answering at your questions i think there is a spanish translate in some place, but i recommend you play it in english, the translates are no very good... If you can´t speak englis, please use translator, i speak spanish too, but this is the way.
They can use ChatGPT to translate.

Reactions: Don Sucio

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
It's really weird to me that this guy doesn't hire anyone.
He could've achieved much greater quality and speed if he did.
Plus he can grow his business this way and there is a lesser chance of him losing interest in this when he can outsource the boring tasks to underlings and concentrate on the creative stuff.

P.s. Talking about 4090s - it's kinda ironic that I bought one for my PC and all I play these days is Being a DIK.
DPC is a control freak, it would be a miracle if he would ever hire someone.

And financially it's way more profitable to keep his pace than to release updates faster. He is probably gonna ride the BaD train for another 4-5 years, then release a remaster or a couple DLC's a year after and live happily ever after.

I don't think he has any buisness plans beyond that and I would be shocked if he ever starts on a 3rd game, but then again anything is possible.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Plus he can grow his business this way and there is a lesser chance of him losing interest in this when he can outsource the boring tasks to underlings and concentrate on the creative stuff.

P.s. Talking about 4090s - it's kinda ironic that I bought one for my PC and all I play these days is Being a DIK.
DPC wants it to be completely his project with his vision, he doesn't want to share it with anyone.
In addition, hiring other people always needs to be distracted by management, and this doesn't always lead to faster development.
I mean, people study management for 4-5 years in college and not everyone can learn this talent, but here we have a solo artist and IT guy who probably doesn't have this skill. So hiring people is not always a good idea for an indie project like BaDIK.
But I have to admit, game became to big and popular in this genre for "indie".

adast

May 12, 2023
And financially it's way more profitable to keep his pace than to release updates faster. He is probably gonna ride the BaD train for another 4-5 years, then release a remaster or a couple DLC's a year after and live happily ever after.
I have the feeling that he can greatly expand his business (and profits). Just look at the Subverse Kickstarter campaign - the market is untapped.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
15 scenes left in the free roam. Hpw fucking big is this free roam?! Fuck! Another free roam fest. Looks like this is the way of BaDIk going forward. :cry:

This debate goes around and around, but here are the key points why he doesn't hire anyone:
  • He doesn't want to.
  • He'll earn more money if he does it all himself.
  • He enjoys doing it all himself.
  • He's in no rush to finish it.
  • He's a bit of a control freak.
And that's pretty much it in a nutshell.
Don't forget that hiring someone also mean turning time he spends directly on the game into time spend on project management and so the time saving is not as much as most people think.

I'm willing to bet most people who keeps complaining about DPC not hiring someone has never spent a day managing a project and has no idea how time consuming project management is.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
I have the feeling that he can greatly expand his business (and profits). Just look at the Subverse Kickstarter campaign - the market is untapped.
Plenty of ways he could expand, but you have to look at it from his pov and not from yours. He is the king of his own kingdom, doesn't answer to anyone, has at least 2 more seasons he can release on steam/gog, plus a full game once he is fully done and season 2 was already crazy successfull. I doubt money is gonna be a bother for him anymore at that point.

Sometimes money is not the most important variable anymore, but rather keeping the stress low and doing what you're the most comfortable with.

sampow

May 14, 2023
Yes I play on pc I already saved with mods yes but a long time ago and I never had any problem and yes I like walks on the beach x)
So I'm presuming you're talking about episode 9 here. Do you have the files "script.rpyc" and/or "script.rpy" in your "game" folder (or "game\base" folder)?

If you do, delete them and see how the game runs.

If you don't, try copying the attached file into your "game" folder and then running the game.

One question I should have asked earlier, did you download the game from here or Patreon, or is yours the Steam version?

If you look at this wise chap's estimates, DPC is earning between US$30K - $80K a month. So that's between $360K to almost a million a year.

Maybe he could make more money if he changed what he's doing. But he doesn't need to, and he doesn't want to. And there's a always a risk when you rock the boat.

He doesn't have shareholders crying that he keeps increasing profits, he's just a man and his family, doing what he wants while raking in a fortune. (y)

zababou25

Jul 20, 2020
So I'm presuming you're talking about episode 9 here. Do you have the files "script.rpyc" and/or "script.rpy" in your "game" folder (or "game\base" folder)?

If you do, delete them and see how the game runs.

If you don't, try copying the attached file into your "game" folder and then running the game.

One question I should have asked earlier, did you download the game from here or Patreon, or is yours the Steam version?

If you look at this wise chap's estimates, DPC is earning between US$30K - $80K a month. So that's between $360K to almost a million a year.

Maybe he could make more money if he changed what he's doing. But he doesn't need to, and he doesn't want to. And there's a always a risk when you rock the boat.

He doesn't have shareholders crying that he keeps increasing profits, he's just a man and his family, doing what he wants while raking in a fortune. (y)
I'm going to test what you told me and I installed it from F95 otherwise I can't install the fr patch x)

sampow

May 14, 2023
I'm going to test what you told me and I installed it from F95 otherwise I can't install the fr patch x)
Hang on, the French patch is only up to episode 8 and the Interlude, so which episode are you trying to use it with? The script file I gave you is for episode 9.

The plot thickens! :unsure:

PRTech

Jul 25, 2021

Compared with another developer with a "TEAM" and cannot/will not get a game update out in almost two years, I think DPC is doing fine.

Reactions: Bleiu

sampow

May 14, 2023
Compared with another developer with a "TEAM" and cannot/will not get a game update out in almost two years, I think DPC is doing fine.
No point cherry picking to make DPC look good, we can always find some developer that sucks, but is there a gold standard developer out there? Is there one developer who is raising the bar, generating unprecedented amounts of content, a game that just draws you in, makes you laugh, makes you cry, makes you cum... ahem... anyway, who is the ultimate developer that all others aspire to be?

Oh yeah, it's DPC. :ROFLMAO:

any sharing in the game ?
Not yet... But JB may share his gf with us. :sneaky:

Macahan

Sep 29, 2017

DPC lives in Sweden so he will definitely have to pay at least 50% in taxes if not more

adast

May 12, 2023
I guess I just can't help but be curious about how would Being a DIK look like if they had more resources at hand.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes