NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018

Status update Episode 10

I've been working on story scenes this week, writing, coding, and making art. I've added some new features that I think many will enjoy. I don't want to spoil too much, but I can talk about one of them.

I've added a picture gallery to the phone, which will automatically add and save any image from the phone chats and pictures that may get taken during some select story moments.

Your gallery will have pictures tailored to your playthrough as the game progresses. It works similarly to the Rewards app; you can browse and view any image on full screen. Pictures from Episode 7 and up, are added retroactively to this gallery which will be enabled at one point during Episode 10.

You access this photo gallery from the main phone menu at the top - a small button next to the CakeNet text, displaying an exclamation mark if any new images have been added.

At the moment, I'm working on a scene-by-scene basis and will continue to do this next week. I'm focusing on static renders and animations and still manage to keep 100% uptime for my render rigs.

Poll news

Today a cosmetic poll for Riona ended, and the winning option was option #1.

It will be featured in episode 10. Thanks for voting!

Have a nice weekend
Dr PinkCake
So anime waifu top won
imagine my shock.gif

dd82

Jun 24, 2020
I think DPC is a victim of the Boba Fett syndrome, where what was intended to be a minor support/antagonist character blows up in the minds of fans so he has to provide additional content to satisfy that group. It's a testament to his ability to write compelling back stories and story-based actions for disparate characters who appeal to a wider audience than he originally intended. You now have fans of Quinn/Rio/Nicole/etc. who will be disappointed (and rather noisy) if the story doesn't provide them some sort of alternate path with MC instead of sticking with the original plotlines for the 5 MGs as originally planned. This sort of scope creep is a killer for development if it's not kept under control.
Well, it's a little too late now, people want the Super Saiyan tsundere, who knew...

JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017
In the last Episode he lets Quinn die in the most painful way just to fuck the Quinn simps up.
I expect that Vinny will turn out to also be an arsonist who sets simultaneous fires at the Pink Rose and the HOTs house to clear out the Others chaff.

The MGs will be at the Burke's with MC having a lovely dinner party at the time so will be kept safe. It will culminate with Jill and Sage getting into a catfight, Bella will stab Tybalt to death with a lobster fork, and MC will have a threesome with Sage and Jade on the kitchen counter to check off an item on Sage's bucket list while Stephen "negotiates" free tuition with Maya and Josy in the bedroom.

dd82

Jun 24, 2020
I expect that Vinny will turn out to also be an arsonist who sets simultaneous fires at the Pink Rose and the HOTs house to clear out the Others chaff.

The MGs will be at the Burke's with MC having a lovely dinner party at the time so will be kept safe. It will culminate with Jill and Sage getting into a catfight, Bella will stab Tybalt to death with a lobster fork, and MC will have a threesome with Sage and Jade on the kitchen counter to check off an item on Sage's bucket list while Stephen "negotiates" free tuition with Maya and Josy in the bedroom.
Have you been reading Lily's mind? Because that sounds like someting she would instigate.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017

Let everyone die in any way they want, but if anyone but the MC gets to kill Tybalt --> INSTA RIOT !!! And it better involve the MC's bare hands and some waterboarding torture !

Reactions: Mtmtmt007

BobRossGhost

Jan 22, 2019

or Vinny sets the Burkes place on fire with all the MGs inside while the MC is at the HOT house with the best girls :p

Sthr ▚ nix

Sep 9, 2018
Am i the only one that thinks maybe Tommy just really cares about Josy as his sister but too prideful to show it? I bet Tommy punch that one asshole that calls his sister a bitch in the Halloween party.

dd82

Jun 24, 2020
I'm more concerned about Rusty strangling the MC in his sleep for having defiled his one true love Jill.

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
Am i the only one that thinks maybe Tommy just really cares about Josy as his sister but too prideful to show it? I bet Tommy punch that one asshole that calls his sister a bitch in the Halloween party.
You are not wrong. He probably beat the crap out of that dude. I have a suspicion its gonna cause more problems.

Reactions: Mtmtmt007

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
He doesn't care for her. Yes, he'll have punched Oscar but not because of Josy. He does it for himself. He's one of those backwarded toxic guys who thinks his "honour" sacrifies by the behavior of his sister.

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Where is the last preview of maya ?
AchedCroissant keeps all episode 10 previews at hand here.

Can anyone tell me is it possible in the future for a chick MC to get with quinn in a relationship
Or is she locked to a DIK MC.
Sorry if I asked this before I usually forget what I type on this site soon after i leave the page.
No. Either your MC has DIK affinity or neutral affinity. He can't be chick affinity because in episode 6 you must have DIK affinity in order to convince her to accept your help after she's been mugged. After that episode 6 event, you can start making chick major choices if you want to. But by that point in the story development it is already too late for the MC to gain chick affinity. He can end up gaining permanent neutral affinity, though.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
You are not wrong. He probably beat the crap out of that dude. I have a suspicion its gonna cause more problems.
Especially if Fuckface punched him at the party in front of witnesses, if Fuckface chose the Neutral or Chick option then he won't be accused of the more serious injuries he ended up getting off Tommy, however if he punched him then he'd be the prime suspect.

c0gnomen

Dec 25, 2022
The thing I dislike the most is how the Neutral MC is railroaded into stock chick lines and responses. Like in ep 9, when Tommy says "say the magic words", a DIK MC will tell him to fuck himself while a neutral/chick one will just say please. Fine for chick, but neutral should get a choice. My neutral MC fights the jocks at every occasion, punches Tybalt and beats up Tommy, yet he's still forced to act like a chick in 90% of dialogue, just because I chose not to fuck around when committing to Bella or cheat on my midterms like a retard. Ideally a neutral MC would have the most choices.
Yeah, it's really sad that DPC didn't make a mix of DIK/CHICK responses for neutral MC. There is some difference between CHICK and neutral action or replies (mostly sexual) but those are very few. At this point neutral MC is just CHICK MC but without CHICK special dialog choices.
Likely, you don't have to go with neutral ot CHICK for Bella route, in fact, DIK MC and Bella looks like a canon route to me.

Reactions: Fess1998

JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017
Likely, you don't have to go with neutral ot CHICK for Bella route, in fact, DIK MC and Bella looks like a canon route to me.
I just finished a playthrough with massive DIK and Bella with no issues. The only roadblock is if you pick the DIK choice with Cathy in the car which shuts Bella's path down, so avoid that and you are golden. It also avoids the uncomfortable Jill bench scene.

• Wow
Reactions: Tomás Turbando

dd82

Jun 24, 2020
So what's your take on Lily? I think she's either a FED, oranized crime, or simply a genius trying to ursurp Qinn's position.

trigun61

May 19, 2017
I think DPC is a victim of the Boba Fett syndrome, where what was intended to be a minor support/antagonist character blows up in the minds of fans so he has to provide additional content to satisfy that group. It's a testament to his ability to write compelling back stories and story-based actions for disparate characters who appeal to a wider audience than he originally intended. You now have fans of Quinn/Rio/Nicole/etc. who will be disappointed (and rather noisy) if the story doesn't provide them some sort of alternate path with MC instead of sticking with the original plotlines for the 5 MGs as originally planned. This sort of scope creep is a killer for development if it's not kept under control.
Yeah, etc. is right because I personally would make arguments for Jade, Camilla and Lily too, and now Nora is floating around where narratively if she's becoming a thing it's not just to be someone to sleep with because she usually doesn't do repeat hookups based on current writing.

Doesn't help either that DPC kind of set that up expectation wise with the MC's visions of his lovers on the non-main girl option at the forking decision at the end of Episode 8. Kind of implied the range of ending choices expanded beyond the original main LIs.

Edit: Replaying Episode 9, the texting sequence on the "Other" path includes Nora, Quinn, Jade, Nicole, Lily and Rio (with Cammy included w/ Rio so two birds one stone). I think that's your expanded LI roster.

Last edited:

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
So what's your take on Lily? I think she's either a FED, oranized crime, or simply a genius trying to ursurp Qinn's position.
She's cunning and playful, but I don't get the feeling that she has bad instincts really. Her warning to Tremolo about not falling for her feels like a matter of concern if you want to get serious with her, though.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes