Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
Thanksgiving? Thanksgiving?!

Am I the only one who's pissed off at the idea of having an almost month-long timeskip?! Right after the MC chose his love interest in Ep.8 - Crossroads, DPC decides to do a timeskip of almost a month? We - players - lose a lot with this idea. It seems to me that by arriving at the Thanksgiving party (in-game), everyone at B&R was already aware of the MC's love life. The DIKs, the HOTs, all of them... I dare say that even the chosen girl's family will have already met the MC in that timeskip. It seems that the handbook that Bella promised to read was indeed a red herring, after this timeskip it's likely that even Bella's relationship with the MC is already public. Pfft, what a joke...
Umm.. okay. Breathe. Thanksgiving is only about 3 weeks after Halloween. Even less for college setting since the college generally has some time off during that time. So planning a Thanksgiving party had better start immediately following the Halloween party. No one said anything about a timeskip. Episode 10 probably covers that month(November).

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
Because DPC realized that by doing day by day he would never get to spring, where the end will take place. He wouldn't even make it to Christmas.
I'm salty.

We already had a timeskip from Ep.8 to Ep.9, didn't we? I think a week or two, but we did. Now we have another timeskip... Apparently Christmas will be in Ep.11 and New Year in Ep.12. What the hell is that?!

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
I'm salty.

We already had a timeskip from Ep.8 to Ep.9, didn't we? I think a week or two, but we did. Now we have another timeskip... Apparently Christmas will be in Ep.11 and New Year in Ep.12. What the hell is that?!
It's called realism. Realistically with the mansion fixed and an uneasy truce between DIKs and Alpha's with the threat of the Alpha frat being nuked if they are seen to be antagonising on school grounds nothing much will be happening, there will be lessons (with a few minigames) but not all lessons will be shown because that would get too repetitive, Fuckface may go on a date with his LI on a weekend, or with Quinn/Nicole/Lily on the Others path. Basically with nothing happening day to day there is literally no point of showing every day and it would be a fucking stupid idea to do so. I don't think it will be a timeskip, it will be more like show the Monday then say that the rest of the week was the same, get to the weekend events. Repeat three times and you're at Thanksgiving.

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
Basically with nothing happening day to day there is literally no point of showing every day and it would be a fucking stupid idea to do so. I don't think it will be a timeskip, it will be more like show the Monday then say that the rest of the week was the same, get to the weekend events. Repeat three times and you're at Thanksgiving.
I think playing this game from season 3 onwards will feel like reading Lynette's diary. A lot of flashbacks and timeskips... this is going to take some getting used to.

• Sad
Reactions: hawk784563

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Thanksgiving? Thanksgiving?!

Am I the only one who's pissed off at the idea of having an almost month-long timeskip?! Right after the MC chose his love interest in Ep.8 - Crossroads, DPC decides to do a timeskip of almost a month? We - players - lose a lot with this idea. It seems to me that by arriving at the Thanksgiving party (in-game), everyone at B&R was already aware of the MC's love life. The DIKs, the HOTs, all of them... I dare say that even the chosen girl's family will have already met the MC in that timeskip. It seems that the handbook that Bella promised to read was indeed a red herring, after this timeskip it's likely that even Bella's relationship with the MC is already public. Pfft, what a joke...
time jumps are inevitable at this point, one expects the story to cover at least the first year of college (less would give a bad feeling in my opinion).

and it's also normal that at the beginning we "lived" almost every moment, while now some more jumps are possible (which were already there in the second season anyway)

sure: there are so many doubts and uncertainties in many relationships that I understand the concern (during the time jump why hasn't Maya heard from the lawyer yet? why haven't Bella and MC talked about James yet? Will Jill have learned how to give a blow job?)

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
I'm salty.

Most likely, Episode 11 will end with Christmas and Episode 12 will start with New Year.
There have been other timeskips through the series. Episode 6 skipped a day at the end. Episode 7 skips more than a week before the HOTs party. Episode 8 skipped several days before Jill's piano thing and a week after you chose your main LI.
Episode 10 will most likely be skipping days between events and be similar to Episode 7 and 8.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
It's called realism. Realistically with the mansion fixed and an uneasy truce between DIKs and Alpha's with the threat of the Alpha frat being nuked if they are seen to be antagonising on school grounds nothing much will be happening, there will be lessons (with a few minigames) but not all lessons will be shown because that would get too repetitive, Fuckface may go on a date with his LI on a weekend, or with Quinn/Nicole/Lily on the Others path. Basically with nothing happening day to day there is literally no point of showing every day and it would be a fucking stupid idea to do so. I don't think it will be a timeskip, it will be more like show the Monday then say that the rest of the week was the same, get to the weekend events. Repeat three times and you're at Thanksgiving.
the problem is that this is not quite so...

many LIs have problems to deal with that do not make sense to 'wait' for the end of the jump

it is not so easy to put a time jump of a certain importance (we are talking at least a week) without losing realism instead of gaining it

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019

many LIs have problems to deal with that do not make sense to 'wait' for the end of the jump

it is not so easy to put a time jump of a certain importance (we are talking at least a week) without losing realism instead of gaining it
Did you find the week long timeskips noticeable in Episode 7 and 8? I never noticed them myself.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Did you find the week long timeskips noticeable in Episode 7 and 8? I never noticed them myself.
one week is a pretty borderline jump for me, still acceptable.
and at that moment it could also fit: MC's urgency at the end was studying and the relationships were all quite on stand by (in some cases literally like with Sage)

but to stick to the examples I gave before: Maya "waiting" 2-3 more weeks to hear Jill's lawyer is just diluting the issue even more not making it more realistic.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020

While taking lessons 5 days a week there's not much too room to advance stories.

You mentioned in another post Maya meeting the Royce lawyer. Unless the lawyer is willing to make a special exception for Maya it's likely that would have to wait until the next break in term, they're unlikely to set up a meeting after their normal working hours or at the weekend to accommodate Maya.

Bella will be too busy during the week as a teacher (as well as Fuckface being busy with lessons himself), the only room to advance her plot is the weekend, and it's entirely possible to have 6 days (three weekends) of plot building in an episode and still reach Thanksgiving in a single episode.

I really don't see the point of day to day counting at this stage as Monday-Friday would simply be lessons, study, sleep which if shown 5 times in a row would be seriously boring. There will only be 6 days of other content before Thanksgiving.

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
one week is a pretty borderline jump for me, still acceptable.
and at that moment it could also fit: MC's urgency at the end was studying and the relationships were all quite on stand by (in some cases literally like with Sage)

but to stick to the examples I gave before: Maya "waiting" 2-3 more weeks to hear Jill's lawyer is just diluting the issue even more not making it more realistic.
Who's saying she will have to wait? Jill didn't even have a chance to contact her lawyer in Episode 9, since she found out about it at the party. It might be one of the first things that happens in Episode 10, just a few days after the Halloween party.
In real time, it can take weeks to hear from a lawyer, btw.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dalli_x

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
Bella will be too busy during the week as a teacher (as well as Fuckface being busy with lessons himself), the only room to advance her plot is the weekend, and it's entirely possible to have 6 days (three weekends) of plot building in an episode and still reach Thanksgiving in a single episode.
Speaking of Bella... After the midterms tests, did you not have any more classes at B&R? I was quite confused that I didn't get any flashbacks to the MC at school. (in Ep.9)

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
While taking lessons 5 days a week there's not much too room to advance stories.

You mentioned in another post Maya meeting the Royce lawyer. Unless the lawyer is willing to make a special exception for Maya it's likely that would have to wait until the next break in term, they're unlikely to set up a meeting after their normal working hours or at the weekend to accommodate Maya.

I really don't see the point of day to day counting at this stage as Monday-Friday would simply be lessons, study, sleep which if shown 5 times in a row would be seriously boring. There will only be 6 days of other content before Thanksgiving.
I am not talking about a time jump of a couple of days, but of whole weeks

And we're not just talking about some random lawyer, but Jill's family lawyer. Maya's problem is urgent enough

On Bella I might even agree with you, since they have not been able to deal with the subject even living every single day, skipping a couple of months would not make the story much more unrealistic than it already is :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Speaking of Bella... After the midterms tests, did you not have any more classes at B&R? I was quite confused that I didn't get any flashbacks to the MC at school. (in Ep.9)
I think Halloween came at the end of a half-term break after the midterms, it's quite possible that all the flashbacks were from the week prior to the party. It would make sense that the teachers need time off lessons in order to be able to focus on marking the midterms rather than also having to deal with student's homework and lesson planning at the same time as marking the midterms.
I am not talking about a time jump of a couple of days, but of whole weeks

And we're not just talking about some random lawyer, but Jill's family lawyer. Maya's problem is urgent enough

On Bella I might even agree with you, since they have not been able to deal with the subject even living every single day, skipping a couple of months would not make the story much more unrealistic than it already is :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Jill's family lawyer yes. That means it's likely to be Jill's parents who pay them not Jill herself, Jill's friend having a problem with her tuition would not be seen as an urgent situation unless they knew what we know about Maya's tuition problem, as far as we know they don't, so Maya wouldn't be seen as a priority by them. I know as players we want to see movement on that plot, but realistically having it not move until the next break of term would be the likely real life outcome.

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
With a 3 week timeskip it's pretty likely we'll have Jill and Bella's reconciliation in Ep.10. At least for those who only pursued Bella romantically. Because I refuse to believe that Jill will still be mad at Bella in this scenario (where the MC doesn't mean shit to Jill). If you're still upset... Grow up, Jill!

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
I think Halloween came at the end of a half-term break after the midterms, it's quite possible that all the flashbacks were from the week prior to the party. It would make sense that the teachers need time off lessons in order to be able to focus on marking the midterms rather than also having to deal with student's homework and lesson planning at the same time as marking the midterms.

Jill's family lawyer yes. That means it's likely to be Jill's parents who pay them not Jill herself, Jill's friend having a problem with her tuition would not be seen as an urgent situation unless they knew what we know about Maya's tuition problem, as far as we know they don't, so Maya wouldn't be seen as a priority by them. I know as players we want to see movement on that plot, but realistically having it not move until the next break of term would be the likely real life outcome.
What if Jills father ends up being the real bad guy here, just thought of that assuming he's not dead

• Thinking Face
Reactions: StultusAnglicus

Blurpee69

Jan 7, 2023
Chapter 9 was the big capstone event for the story so far and the resolution to the DIKs mansion getting trashed. Halloween is also one of the biggest party holidays in the US, and very likely the biggest one celebrated by college students. So it kind of makes sense for almost an entire chapter to be dedicated to the party alone.

I think that chapter 10 will primarily be story focused, with the Thanksgiving party being the finish to the chapter, with maybe Fuckface and his LI having a short scene with his father after the party. Thanksgiving, while being an important holiday in the US, isn't really a big "party" holiday, unlike Halloween. Stands to reason that it might not have as involved a free roam event this time around. I honestly think we'll likely see a scene / short free roam each week between Halloween and Thanksgiving.

The biggest storyline scenes I'm expecting to happen in the three weeks are Jill / Bella talking, especially if on Bella's route and another step in the Josy / Maya storyline. Smaller story beats that I'm expecting is Riona / Quinn / Lilly having some form of confrontation, and Sage's first kinky whatever with fuckface. I think we can hold off one more chapter on the Jade storyline for Sage.

Reactions: Emea7
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes