Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I really like the brainstorming made by the people about how the story will evolve. Then again, the complete picture is in the DPC and it's difficult to make it out.

I also mentioned this in one of my posts, about how the antagonists drive the story forward. In the first episodes, Quinn did this job pretty well. There were a lot of unknowns and it made the story progression very interesting. But like you said, now Quinn is becoming a love interest in the DIK route, and even in the Chick route MC's relationship with her kind of softens a little (MC was calling her evil, if you speak with Maya).

If there is going to be a bad ending, it has to be only one and has to be unrelated to the branch we take. Otherwise, it is an almost impossible task at this point to create bad endings for every possible LI's branch like mayrrrrrain mentioned. The one option that seems feasible for me is the police involvement with Burke's actions and prostitution/drug activity which has a connection to some students like Quinn, Lily (or Vinny), like yossa999's theory. Depending on the MC's decisions with these characters, it may lead to a bad ending.

In the current situation, as walker188 mentioned, the story does not have any strong antagonists. I think DPC needs to spice things up, we need an escalation event that MC needs to fight with. Maybe some secret antagonist may show up (like Acting Lessons). But as the story branches with different LI's and events, creating a generic escalation event for all possible branches gets difficult. I hope DPC has something planned for us.
Does it matter? does anything of what you've just written really matter?

We're having 1 update each year now. Just think about it. You will have the "complete picture" in 6 years, at least.

This is like waiting for George R.R. Martin to complete the whole A Song of Ice and Fire saga. It will never happen.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021

View attachment 2806916

I focused on and completed three scenes this week, two of which were big, and the last one was a short free-roam event.

I wrote dialogue, carried out environment design, and prepared 18 characters for the scenes to be able to pose renders. I posed roughly 270 static renders and some ambitious SFW animations.

At the moment, I've just started working on a lewd scene. So, there will be a mix of animations and static renders on the schedule for next week.

The animation queue has 18 animations and is chugging on at a good pace. If all goes as planned, I can replace another render station next week with an upgrade. So, there is likely some PC maintenance on the schedule too.

I have 15 events left to create on my episode flowchart. To explain what I mean by that, an event is the equivalent of a scene or a complete free-roam event (including all its sub-scenes). It's rather vague and the events can vary a lot in size.

I've estimated that one of the shorter scenes needs 35 renders for the writing, whereas the remaining biggest one needs ~350-400 renders. I've completed the writing for 8 of those 15 scenes and done partial writing and art for several. This is the best estimate I can give you at the moment.

Have a nice weekend.

Dr PinkCake
So, roughly around 1000 renders still to come, and aboiut 50 animations... i guess, which will take at least 6 weeks, with much good will, more likely 8 weeks. Since he has started testing while still some animations where in the queue last time and everything went fine with the last episode, he will do so again. So the testing will not take much time on top. October release is the best guess now i think... in my opinion, about 2 months too long, but it is what it is. He still delivers more content in that period of time than any other DEV. But yeah, 10 months waiting sucks.

*edit* sorry forgot to say thank you for posting the DEV report, thank you very much!

Last edited:

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
To be fair to dpc a lot of big games on here are moving to one update a year
It is going to become the norm pretty soon i think

Reactions: yossa999

Chutoro

Jun 22, 2020

We're having 1 update each year now. Just think about it. You will have the "complete picture" in 6 years, at least.

This is like waiting for George R.R. Martin to complete the whole A Song of Ice and Fire saga. It will never happen.
So, we don't talk about it? Don't discuss these ideas with fans. Is that what you mean? I guess we should only talk about "meaningful" things on this forum like Quinn's ass or Heather's tits.

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
The problem is that everyone has their own subjective opinion about what should be removed. I think there isn't much content in the game that needs to be removed that the majority of the fanbase will reach a consensus on. And this creates a dangerous precedent: as soon as DPC agrees with the opinion of a group of people and removes some content, "screamers" will immediately crawl in from all the cracks and demand from the devto remove everything they don't like. So I probably agree that let him do everything with his vision.
He shouldn't ask the fans about it, he should know it himself. Empty scenes are the problem with all aspiring writers who think these scenes create atmosphere or deepen characters, but they're just boring and uninteresting. Did episode 9 need a scene with Becky and Jacob? Did it say something new about Becky, Jacob that we didn't know? No. Did it need a boring scene where MC dragged a beer keg down to the basement? No. DPC is lucky to have a loyal audience and to be given complete freedom of action. Ubisoft has its own business model and it works( or did). They have beautiful open worlds that are fun to explore. Especially if you're into ancient history.
But that's not what we're talking about right now. It's about the fact that DPC is chasing quantity. I preferred a shorter and more colorful scene to several long and boring ones. For example, I still remember short and memorable scenes from season 1 that I want to quote and have a hard time remembering MC's boring dialogues with other characters in episode 9. But that's the business model DPC deliberately chose. It's working so far.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Does anything matter? We will all die someday. But as long as we're alive and enjoying this game, chatting on the forum, discussing the game and coming up with theories is also part of the fun. At least for those who feel like it.

Bro, like Joshy92 said many of the great games have similar update rate. The limits of the one-man project. What's the point of feeling frustrated about this. You know, if there only was a site where you can find a dozen or two great games, not worse than this one (okay, not quite like that, but also interesting) and you could download and play them while you wait for an update...

QuixoteTheDon

May 18, 2017
DPC phenomenon should go down in the history of the gaming industry. All game studios cut their games mercilessly before release: they are limited by investor pressure, publisher pressure, tight deadlines. In the large gaming industry, corporate jackets rule the roost.
As a result, a huge amount of creative ideas go under the knife and only then we can see them in the form of DLC.

Here we see a game made by one man who is his own boss. No one limits him and he can implement all the ideas that he wishes. Nothing is cut out of this game, it only grows. Is it good or bad? I don't know, time will tell. Perhaps the answer to this question can only be given when the game is done completely.

We now have ~4500 renders completed, and from what he said about the remaining work - that's about 1000 renders left, I assumed earlier that the episode size would be ~5500 renders. There are 9 weeks left until the Ep.9 temporary deadline. I'm aiming for late September.
The plain and simple answer is: It just takes too damn long.

The game may hold an interest to me in the next year and a half. But by the time it is finished my kids will be going to freaking collage!

Waiting until 2032 for the last episode is not realistic. Nor will DPC actually finish it by that time.

Either he learns to trim, trim, trim. Or this game never gets finished.

My prediction is another 2 or max 3 episodes like this, then he is caput. If he doesn't burn out, his audience will. Then he'll fast wrap the story in any way he can and arrivederci amigos, he'll be of to Dubai or Monaco, or someplace like that to enjoy his millions.

:illuminati:

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
280 renders is 3 months work for majority of developers. this guy is super ubaduba fast. remember, each week of waiting means additional content. he does not fuck around. so chill and play BG3, once you win the final boss, the episode would be finished. win-win
Most other devs don't have the rigs he does. With the amount of rigs he has I would hope he can produce that much.

He shouldn't ask the fans about it, he should know it himself. Empty scenes are the problem with all aspiring writers who think these scenes create atmosphere or deepen characters, but they're just boring and uninteresting. Did episode 9 need a scene with Becky and Jacob? Did it say something new about Becky, Jacob that we didn't know? No. Did it need a boring scene where MC dragged a beer keg down to the basement? No. DPC is lucky to have a loyal audience and to be given complete freedom of action. Ubisoft has its own business model and it works( or did). They have beautiful open worlds that are fun to explore. Especially if you're into ancient history.
But that's not what we're talking about right now. It's about the fact that DPC is chasing quantity. I preferred a shorter and more colorful scene to several long and boring ones. For example, I still remember short and memorable scenes from season 1 that I want to quote and have a hard time remembering MC's boring dialogues with other characters in episode 9. But that's the business model DPC deliberately chose. It's working so far.
What really did not need to see was Preps walking to the DIK. WTF was the point of that weird animation?

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Does anything matter? We will all die someday. But as long as we're alive and enjoying this game, chatting on the forum, discussing the game and coming up with theories is also part of the fun. At least for those who feel like it.

Bro, like Joshy92 said many of the great games have similar update rate. The limits of the one-man project. What's the point of feeling frustrated about this. You know, if there only was a site where you can find a dozen or two great games, not worse than this one (okay, not quite like that, but also interesting) and you could download and play them while you wait for an update...
Believe me, I don't feel frustrated.

Reactions: yossa999

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023

The game may hold an interest to me in the next year and a half. But by the time it is finished my kids will be going to freaking collage!

Waiting until 2032 for the last episode is not realistic. Nor will DPC actually finish it by that time.

My prediction is another 2 or max 3 episodes like this, then he is caput. If he doesn't burn out, his audience will. Then he'll fast wrap the story in any way he can and arrivederci amigos, he'll be of to Dubai or Monaco, or someplace like that to enjoy his millions.

This. He'll probably take a big break for six months. He can say whatever he wants, but such a long development period is bad for his health and mental well-being. He's lucky to have a pretty loyal audience. He's going to have to stop at some point with some number of renders, he can't keep hyping an episode all the time. An episode a year is the most his fans can take, one episode a year and a half or two years is too long.

Reactions: QuixoteTheDon

gamingdevil800

Monke
Donor
Aug 4, 2020
What really did not need to see was Preps walking to the DIK. WTF was the point of that weird animation?
DrPinkCake has his kinks he's emotionally cold and dead when it comes to his wife or those BADIK sex scenes so he needed another outlet. Leave the man alone! Making long animations like that turns him on, he jerked off to that walking animation for hours on a loop. :WeSmart:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
It looks like he's going to create a big and interconnected, living world by making the characters feel more alive and not just occasional extras that just exist.
Looking at his Patreon - it works, subscribers do not leave him. Personally, I prefer big episodes, I don't like short games. It pissed me off back in 2017-18 when I got a miserable 300-500 renders, albeit often.

I don't see any prerequisites for DPC to burn out, or for his audience.
In addition, the game is very famous. If someone leaves, new subscribers come - the number of his subscribers is now on a stable plateau.
This guy has been working like this for 5 years, and the only break he took was a two-week vacation. Of course this guy is a big snowflake, but he does a good job, this is his muse and he is simply obsessed with his creativity. I see no reason for anything bad other than a potential accident or illness.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes