RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
fair enough, everyone is entitled to their own preferences.

but for me, the reason i started donating to his patreon back in the day of AL was because it was literally unique and a breath of fresh air in this otherwise over saturated gaming marketplace. it may not have been as polished as BaDIK and it wasnt perfect, but it felt real compared to every other uninspired story on this site. he was telling a story for the basically just the joys of creating something of your own and sharing something personal, which i respected and appreciated.

and whether the audience overall liked AL, i imagine many others felt similarly to me as that game put him on the map. if BaDIK came out first with all the rough edges AL came out with, while it might have been more superficially popular it might not have helped elevate him to his current position in this genre as a genuine creator/innovator.

like i said before, if his true dream was to just make the best version of this BaDIK story ever told in AVN format then congrats. but i think if so much money wasnt at stake, DPC probably dreamed of other stories he would rather have told that might not have been so lowest common denominator. there was a glimpse of something in AL that no longer really exists in BaDIK and to me it feels like the DPC back then is just a different person than the DPC that we have now.
AL is my least favorite game of all time. Straight up. I literally got into AVN's during the first few months of Covid by coincidence. My first game was Melody. Loved it. AL was my second. Almost gave up AVN's entirely about 60% into it. Basically control skipped the last 40% of that game because I could not find a single tiny shred of enjoyment playing it. Yet my morbid curiosity led me to finish it.

AL is the reason why I will never give a single cent to DPC despite BaDIK being the ONLY game that has never left my top 5 (although it was never my favorite either). AL left such a sour taste in my mouth, I will never be able to bring myself to support DPC in any way.

AL is also the reason why I WILL NEVER, EVER again play an unmodded game. It's the reason I devoted several hours learning how to use URM and other editing tools. DPC is why I will never again play an AVN in the exact way the dev wants me to. Not when I have an alternative. If I can't mod it or edit it, I'll never play it.

So I'm right there with you. AL's impact as an AVN was absolutely massive, and it did put DPC on the map. In my case though, for all the wrong reasons.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
like i said before, if his true dream was to just make the best version of this BaDIK story ever told in AVN format then congrats. but i think if so much money wasnt at stake, DPC probably dreamed of other stories he would rather have told that might not have been so lowest common denominator. there was a glimpse of something in AL that no longer really exists in BaDIK and to me it feels like the DPC back then is just a different person than the DPC that we have now.
I don't know why you're characterizing the game/development as a sellout. DPC straight up said he was aiming for a more light college romp from the get go, and was inspired by things like Animal House/American Pie. There's zero evidence he ever wanted to tell some other version of the story, he's delivered exactly what he said he was going to do.

I liked AL, but never expected BaDIK to be in a similar vein. So it's something of a mystery to me how anyone could feel expectations aren't being met.

DPC is definitely a different dev compared to when he started out though. He was quite engaged at f95 initially. Though it's not surprising he soured after all the vitriol thrown his way about the AL twists. Not unique to DPC either, losts of devs who were active here retreat if there's a lot of angst or their game gets big (so they spend all their time in official channels).

Last edited:

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
I don't know why you're characterizing the game/development as a sellout. DPC straight up said he was aiming for a more light college romp from the get go, and was inspired by things like Animal House/American Pie. There's zero evidence he ever wanted to tell some other version of the story, he's delivered exactly what he said he was going to do.

I liked AL, but never expected BaDIK to be in a similar vein. So it's something of a mystery to me anyone could feel expectations aren't being met.

DPC is definitely a different dev when he started out though. He was quite engaged at f95 initially. Though it's not surprising he soured after all the vitriol thrown his way about the AL twists. Not unique to DPC either, losts of devs who were active here retreat if there's a lot of angst or their game gets big (so they spend all their time in official channels).
He has also said that he took inspiration from the videogame Bully and weirdly - Catcher In The Rye (which really doesn't have a good ending).

Aldrac

Mar 9, 2020
The game files were wiped from my computer so I need to download them again. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I think I download season 1-2, install that, download the patch to season 3, copy those files to the season 1-2 folder, then download season 3 and paste those in season 1-2 folder also? If not, can someone tell me how to do it?

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
AL is the first AVN to show me that this kind of game can have a story. That there's more to this than just a cartoon pixels sex show. That the story depends a lot on the author and his writing talent (obvious, right?), and not every AVN is about the molestation of a sleeping landlady or the corruption of a helpless virgin. And since I've seen enough horror movies, I'm not afraid of shocking twists in the games, so AL was a real discovery, quite unique among other AVNs of that time. I had no doubts when I bought BaDIK on the Steam as the first season came out, because it was the game of the dude who made AL.

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
I still hope DPС is smart enough to realize that he can't keep increasing the number of renders in every update. He has to stop at a certain number and keep himself in line. One chapter a year is what most fans agreed on. One episode a year and a half or two years in my opinion is not the death of the game, but the death of the fandom. And besides, a 2 year cycle is not healthy. Of course, the game is kept on a constant influx of new fans, but a 2-year cycle will not be able to attract new fans or their activity and interest will be short. My thought is that it has to stop at some point. 6 years to develop the remaining chapters of a game is a huge amount of time, especially for one person.
So, my guess is that he'll stick to a 10/11 month cycle for the next few years.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
i get what you are saying, but when it comes to DPC we can all pretty much agree that he already caters to a certain type of player since developing BaDIK (this is a psuedo-harem game where are the girls always like you even if you "dump" them, with nothing even like tangentially related to NTR, and Jill being added last minute for reasons that are speculative but ultimately i think its obvious he wanted to get a virgin character in there to cover all his bases for his target demographic).

AL was a very different beast where he wasnt making real money from it and just had a story he wanted to tell, with flaws and left field endings and all. he used to feel more like he had stuff he wanted to get out and share with others; experiences/emotions/trauma/whatever. there was some strange stuff in that story, but it was his strange stuff. and because of that i would have agreed with you 100% on BaDIK if it was made with similar zeal and principle where he was clearly sticking to his own vision.

but BaDIK has already been compromised by the lowest common denominator and i dont think thats debatable. AL was distinctively DPC, whereas BaDIK is distinctively vanilla and non-challenging content by comparison. and thats not shitting on the quality because BaDIK is quite good. if DPC's goal was to make the very best bog standard Animal House/American Pie/every other teen sex movie that has been made, then congrats to him because i think its likely mission accomplished. but after AL i had higher hopes for him as a creator/storyteller than to kinda just sell out and make the most wide reaching and non threatening AVN possible

thats just my two cents
I wouldn't be so sure that the game will be as safe as possible and will not throw any serious challenges to the player. We were only halfway through the game and if we go back to the AL experience, then all the serious shit started towards the end. Of course, if things go smoothly during seasons 3-4, nothing serious will happen, if MC doesn't receive consequences for his stupid decisions - I will be seriously disappointed.

Hey, man. You said this new update would be coming out in August. :geek::( Meh, whatever I still haven't gotten around to finishing the rest of my playthroughs for ep 9. See you in September...? November...?
And for Ep.9 I was optimistic about the Halloween release. :LOL:
This was a preliminary minimum estimate, then there was no talk of a two-week vacation and that in Ep.10 there would be ~5500 renders and even more complex animations. Some users even hoped for July, especially on Reddit. :geek:
Yeah... Indeed... I know too little about Blender (next to nothing), but animating in Daz is like those puppet stop-motion animations from yore you have to pose the puppet, film one frame, then do the next pose, film it, and so on... So most animations are either camera movements or those ones selling on the market (how many times you've seen that catwalk animation of a girl on a Daz/Ren'Py game?), so I think they add little to the game. Of course, every dev wants their games to look professional like the ones from the big studios, but, in the end, I think those devs are just indulging themselves. And I don't know how many of these games trying to be full of animations from their inception we'll see their completion. I bet many of them will be abandoned because their devs have planned something too grandiose for their capabilities (of course, I'm not talking about BaDIK here... DPC is well-established and can do those kinds of indulgences... People will complain, but, in the end, he'll still have his followers guaranteeing him his earnings, at least, for the foreseeable future).
If you look at the complex animations of Ep.9, the intro animation in Bella's house is mainly camera movements, but the animation before Act 3 (the one when the preps go under the wall to the party) is an extremely complex scene where the DPC portrayed many characters in movement. It could take week to pose this.

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
A rerun from ages ago, but a good one.....

Sage asks MC to send her that Chad in the gym video again as she lost it on her phone.

MC mistakenly sends Sage, the MC-Jade video. :p

• Haha
Reactions: The Japanese

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
I think I might do a playthrough with the mc fucking Lily.
It would be interesting if he fell in love with her.
She is pretty cool.
Shame she isn't a main girl.
I am in the camp that Lily is good people. She is just ambitious and ruthless at getting her goals. The earlier EP10 preview (Lily path, no other sides or influence) departs from the end of EP9 where she says, "don't fall in love with me".

For her, it is possible she is in love with MC.

dd82

Jun 24, 2020
I am in the camp that Lily is good people. She is just ambitious and ruthless at getting her goals. The earlier EP10 preview (Lily path, no other sides or influence) departs from the end of EP9 where she says, "don't fall in love with me".

For her, it is possible she is in love with MC.
I believe she's the yangire type. From what i've seen of her it would make a lot of sense.

Jamez999

Jun 30, 2021
MC is developing material to become a pimp.
He has the girls (Lily, Sandy, Envy, Camilla, Sarah, Mélanie... and can recruit).
He knows drug dealers (Quinn and his supplier)
He has connections to get a good place to rent (Rusty, Jill ?)
He has people to handle security, storage, barmaids... (DIKs brothers)

He will provide work to all BaD characters, with divine Quinn as associate. :love:

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
I believe she's the yangire type. From what i've seen of her it would make a lot of sense.
I had to google yangire to know what it means. I don't know that much manga/anime slang. Anyway, right now I don't see any reason to think that Lily fits into that personality type. What is it that you see in her that makes you think that? Her resemblance to Harley Quinn perhaps?

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Even though Lily isn't as hot or sweet as Maya, Josy or Rionna
I still think she is pretty cool
I like her more than I like Jill or Bella

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes