buggs

Apr 24, 2020
I just want to come back here to say I (among others) was right about the 9 month development cycle. Despite the improved hardware, DPC will always find a way to lengthen development. With the recent status update showing no end in sight, there's not a chance the next episode releases next month. At least I can gloat about that while waiting for our yearly BaDIK release.

• Sad
Reactions: hawk784563

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
I just want to come back here to say I (among others) was right about the 9 month development cycle. Despite the improved hardware, DPC will always find a way to lengthen development. With the recent status update showing no end in sight, there's not a chance the next episode releases next month. At least I can gloat about that while waiting for our yearly BaDIK release.
i had mentioned during the whole Interlude thing that we would likely be getting a single calendar year release from then on. he has no reason to go any faster after people already enthusiastically ate that delay up

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Can you be friendly with Cathy/Jade on a Maya+Josy run? Any restrictions like how your character breaks things up with Jade on the Sage path and Jill does so if you mess with Cathy?
Jade is locked out of a Maya+Josy run because at one point you have to choose whether to go to Jade's or go to Josy+Maya, whichever you choose locks the other one out.

No restrictions on Cathy on the Maya+Josy run.

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
Let's be honest, everyone is eating up, including you because you will be there at release day anyways.
well i used to pay him, so im definitely not eating up so much. just waiting around to see how the story actually ends at this point. ive also always been quite vocal about how long it takes him to do all this shit himself

Last edited:

dd82

Jun 24, 2020
Now, that part I marked in bold always pisses me off. Even if you are her (Bella's) boy, even if you are fucking nailing every single class mini-game, meaning you are getting only perfect scores in class, that evil witch (hey, Bella fans, relax, I'm not totally serious here. I think this is just one DPC's oversight) will still not include the MC as one of her favorite students when asked in episode 9. Insulting, I'm telling you.
That always rubbed me the wrong way too.
Hmm... I agree with your general take on her to a certain extent. Right now, I have mixed feelings about Lily. I wouldn't trust her all right. She's one of the biggest mysteries in the story. And her warning to the MC at the end of episode 9 sounds ominous in my head. But on the other hand, she was there for Quinn when the latter was confronted by Vinny at the Halloween party. And Quinn implicitly thanked Lily for entering the scene and helping her when she was having that tense encounter with Vinny. Although if we assume that Lily is in fact one evil mastermind, that gig may have been part of her plan to gain Quinn's trust, only to stab her in the back later on... Food for thought. :unsure:
To be fair, Lily telling the MC not to fall in love with her could be a reverse dare, whether or not she's an evil genius. It would actually fit a bit better if she weren't. But then again, I think the MC is just collateral damage in Lily's quest to overthrow Quinn, a girl wo tries to hide her feelings for the MC but fails miserably. Guess who noticed that...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Letum0317 and Jumbi

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Yes, she is really interesting, it is a pity that she has not much a screentime yet. And even when she blows the MC, she still somehow seems aloof. As if it's just a small courtesy gesture, she actually has more important things to do. I hope we're far behind the theory that she's an undercover cop?
About the undercover cop theory, I don't like it. For starters, unless we get proof that she is older than that, I'm going to assume that she is around 19 years old as a freshwoman. Too young in my book to be given a job of that nature. KARAMBA once suggested that she might be working for the police, for example, in the case that she holds some criminal record as a way to settle her debt to justice and start fresh. That sounds a bit better to me than she directly being a cop. But who knows?

DivineMachine

Dec 6, 2022
well i used to pay him, so im definitely not eating up so much. just waiting around to see how the story actually ends at this point
Yeah, same. I might drop a one time payment at some point, but atm I'm not even invested in the game so much, because of so much waiting. I started when ep8 was released (and supported for half a year) and I already feel like I waited for eternity and game hasn't progressed that much. Can't imagine for people that started earlier than me (although early episodes probably didn't take this long to come out).
If Zoey become one of the MGs and then possibly Quiin, we are surely gonna be waiting more than a year for an episode.

луна

Aug 24, 2021
As long as DPC maintains the same quality that Being a DIK had so far, I don't mind waiting 10 or 11 months for a new episode, in the end the wait will have been worth it.

Reactions: Fess1998

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
To be fair, Lily telling the MC not to fall in love with her could be a reverse dare, whether or not she's an evil genius. It would actually fit a bit better if she weren't. But then again, I think the MC is just collateral damage in Lily's quest to overthrow Quinn, a girl wo tries to hide her feelings for the MC but fails miserably. Guess who noticed that...
It's been months since I last played the game, so I may have forgotten that. But when did Lily get to know that Quinn is getting feelings for Fuckface? All I can recall right now is that Quinn invites Lily to chat and smoke with her in her room in episode 7, when the MC is naked and passed out on Quinn's bed after having smoked too much. Do you mean that scene or am I forgetting anything else? If it's only that scene we are talking about, on Lily's eyes it would only prove that they are fucking.

dd82

Jun 24, 2020
It's been months since I last played the game, so I may have forgotten that. But when did Lily get to know that Quinn is getting feelings for Fuckface? All I can recall right now is that Quinn invites Lily to chat and smoke with her in her room in episode 7, when the MC is naked and passed out on Quinn's bed after having smoked too much. Do you mean that scene or am I forgetting anything else? If it's only that scene we are talking about, on Lily's eyes it would only prove that they are fucking.
It is conjecture on my part. Lily would at least know they are physically intimate. It isn't hard to find out. Beyond that, there's that Rooster picture, and even Sage mentioned that Quinn either hates the MC or is crazy about him. If I were DPC I wouldn't directly show Lily taking an interest in Quinn's relationship with the MC either.
Edit: Also, did we ever see Quinn have Sex with another guy aside from the MC, or do we know who she used to fuck? I have my suspicions, but I can't remember anything being mentioned.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jumbi

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
its been a while for sure, but i think that Melissa's abusive father(?) was introduced pretty soon after meeting her and the Arthur fist meme scene on the front lawn was pretty serious and dark and tense for the AVNs of the time. i think the tone was set pretty early on that this game has some real shit to show you and its not just jerking itself off
Playing AL in that, distant now years, I noticed that it differs from other AVNs in the development of characters that were individuals, not NPCs, as well as a high level of drama and such a dark style. But what happened at the end, I didn't expect it. I remember how I could not understand "what is happening at all, is it exactly AVN?" or some adaptation of J. RR Martin? It was literally WTF? moment.

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
It is conjecture on my part. Lily would at least know they are physically intimate. It isn't hard to find out. Beyond that, there's that Rooster picture, and even Sage mentioned that Quinn either hates the MC or is crazy about him. If I were DPC I wouldn't directly show Lily taking an interest in Quinn's relationship with the MC either.
(y) You see. I also forgot about the clucks on Rooster where Sarah and other sisters make fun at Quinn because they start to see that she may like the MC a little too much. That surely did not pass unadverted for Lily either.

Reactions: dd82

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
That always rubbed me the wrong way too.

We don't know anything about Lily at all. Her telling to MC not to fall in love with her means she doesn't want a serious relationship or any romantic problems with MC. She likes to fuck MC, but she doesn't want to be tied to him in any kind of commitment. It's kind of a fuck buddy level like it was with Sage.

dd82

Jun 24, 2020
We don't know anything about Lily at all. Her telling to MC not to fall in love with her means she doesn't want a serious relationship or any romantic problems with MC. She likes to fuck MC, but she doesn't want to be tied to him in any kind of commitment. It's kind of a fuck buddy level like it was with Sage.
That's certainly possible, but it sounds so boring that I don't want it to be true and therefore reject it.

Reactions: mojococo

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
That's certainly possible, but it sounds so boring that I don't want it to be true and therefore reject it.
I actually have this really weird theory that Lily is probably related to Sage. For example, sex with Sage in episode 7 closes the whole Lily branch. But if you fuck Lily first and then fuck Sage you only get 50% of the content of the scene. I don't understand what the point of this weird blocking is because there was nothing like this in other scenes and chapters. Since DPC tries to avoid incest, the threesome with Lily and Sage is incest.

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
@KARAMBA once suggested that she might be working for the police, for example, in the case that she holds some criminal record as a way to settle her debt to justice and start fresh. That sounds a bit better to me than she directly being a cop. But who knows?
Now I think Quinn is working for the cops. And Lily, on the contrary, should get wind of who exactly is knocking. I think Lily's working for that guy in the shadows, the one pulling Burke's strings.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Jumbi
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes