LiuXuande

May 5, 2022
Anybody have any idea how long dev plans on milking this cow? Don't get me wrong...this is my favorite VN/game by a long shot, I'm just losing interest in this story and was hoping he/they were moving on to the next project soon. Acting lessons was good, this is fucking great, but once dev forces you to choose a girl/route it always feels like stories should wrap up within a few updates.
Simple answer. As long as the game keeps making massive money. People don't realize how much he received with "just" his 13 000 patrons each month.

Also, lol at how some people like to say "DPC needs to do something about the long ass update otherwise ...". Nope, he does not. His patreon number is pretty stable even if he produces nothing for a full year. I dare say he could go far further into the development time without losing a significant number of his patrons like a few years (I'm not exaggerating, he's got a serious fanbase and supporters of AVNs are known to waste money on dead games).

I don't see DPC ever doing something as stupid as saying. You're all nice paying me massive money and being understanding about the update time, but I need to close the game, so ciao!

What I think is most likely going to happen is the 16/20 episodes being the first year of the MC, with DPC developing BAD as the full experience of the MC's college years so 4.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Simple answer. As long as the game keeps making massive money. People don't realize how much he received with "just" his 13 000 patrons each month.

Also, lol at how some people like to say "DPC needs to do something about the long ass update otherwise ...". Nope, he does not. His patreon number is pretty stable even if he produces nothing for a full year. I dare say he could go far further into the development time without losing a significant number of his patrons like a few years (I'm not exaggerating, he's got a serious fanbase and supporters of AVNs are known to waste money on dead games).

I don't see DPC ever doing something as stupid as saying. You're all nice paying me massive money and being understanding about the update time, but I need to close the game, so ciao!

What I think is most likely going to happen is the 16/20 episodes being the first year of the MC, with DPC developing BAD as the full experience of the MC's college years so 4.
Nah you cant be more wrong i would say... first of all, DPC already made it more than clear that he doesnt plan to drag out the game (and he did it more than once already, so i guess its fair to believe him), he is aiming for 16 total episodes, maybe +1 for doing epilogues or such (the intelrude is not included in those 16 episode count)...

second, so far the longest wait for an update were 9 months, and with every update he added more and more renders and animations, which is the reason for increasing the development time and ep10 will be another peak regarding the numbers... of course, iam one of the guys around here who thinks that its not necessary, but in regard of content and such DPC is just crushing every other DEV around here, nobody can deliver as many content as DPC does in the same time, especially not on that high level of over all quality. Most episodes of being a dik have more playtime than most COMPLETE games around here. Dont know why anybody can think that this development is the kind of a "milker" thats just absurd.

DPC has just this one fault... he is going overboard with to much unnecessary stuff. But he is not doing this to drag out the project or to milk it, no he just cant stop himself cause he LIKES creating all that stuff. Thats all.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
is that liv and matthew ?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And if you skip mansion minigame do you lose it
Dont know if this is liv and matt, but i doesnt matter anyways, cause you will catch them at the halloween party anyways.

And for mansion question...

yeah you will lose it if you just skip it, and rusty has to sell his car.

The overall consequences in losing the mansion game were a little bit disappointing in my opinion. No matter waht, the mansion will be restored and everything is peachy... you will lose some trust (points) from the DIKs though, but, so far it didnt really matter. I played some playthroughs with losing the mansion game on purpose, the outcome so far didnt really matter that much so far only slight changes in some dialogues and yeah Rusty has to sell his car, maybe there will be more to it in the long run but i doesnt felt that way.

Reactions: xtrema

LiuXuande

May 5, 2022
Nah you cant be more wrong i would say... first of all, DPC already made it more than clear that he doesnt plan to drag out the game (and he did it more than once already, so i guess its fair to believe him), he is aiming for 16 total episodes, maybe +1 for doing epilogues or such (the intelrude is not included in those 16 episode count)...

second, so far the longest wait for an update were 9 months, and with every update he added more and more renders and animations, which is the reason for increasing the development time and ep10 will be another peak regarding the numbers... of course, iam one of the guys around here who thinks that its not necessary, but in regard of content and such DPC is just crushing every other DEV around here, nobody can deliver as many content as DPC does in the same time, especially not on that high level of over all quality. Most episodes of being a dik have more playtime than most COMPLETE games around here. Dont know why anybody can think that this development is the kind of a "milker" thats just absurd.

DPC has just this one fault... he is going overboard with to much unnecessary stuff. But he is not doing this to drag out the project or to milk it, no he just cant stop himself cause he LIKES creating all that stuff. Thats all.
Only DPC knows how he's going to manage his project, neither do you or I know it. You think he's going to give up on an excellent source of revenue, I do not.

Your second and third paragraphs are totally irrelevant to what I wrote.

Last edited:

TremoloBD992

Jan 1, 2023
Damn i find it amazing how some of you dont understand the simple math and economy behind this game and dpcs patreon , are you "love-blind" or what but its obvious that he is having huge and stable income and why should he speed things up and finish this game in lets say 2-3 years when he can have 13k times lets say 10 dollars a month for a next 10 years and retire or just sell the rights to someone else and have another huge and stable income .. if i were developer or lets say if i was him i would want to carry on for a long long time .... and ok - he is improving massive but for the last 2 updates , i mean ep9 and for this update he is obviously taking his time and doing some things that really dont add to the game ... some red flags like he dont say numbers in 4/5 status updates , he works alone even if it means to give someone to code some mini game or something routine work and nobody can see with their own eyes how much and how hard he works .... i mean same thing when you working somewhere - if you are payed by hour you dont give yourself the same as you would if you were payed by % of work

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Damn i find it amazing how some of you dont understand the simple math and economy behind this game and dpcs patreon , are you "love-blind" or what but its obvious that he is having huge and stable income and why should he speed things up and finish this game in lets say 2-3 years when he can have 13k times lets say 10 dollars a month for a next 10 years and retire or just sell the rights to someone else and have another huge and stable income .. if i were developer or lets say if i was him i would want to carry on for a long long time .... and ok - he is improving massive but for the last 2 updates , i mean ep9 and for this update he is obviously taking his time and doing some things that really dont add to the game ... some red flags like he dont say numbers in 4/5 status updates , he works alone even if it means to give someone to code some mini game or something routine work and nobody can see with their own eyes how much and how hard he works .... i mean same thing when you working somewhere - if you are payed by hour you dont give yourself the same as you would if you were payed by % of work
He is already a multi millionaire from the steam sales of season 1 and 2. Also when you have 20k+ renders in a single chapter (Stills & animations combined) it is going to take a long ass time. Then you have all the coding (of which BaD is one of the more complex AVNs out there) and with all that writing. Well, 8+ months doesn't sound long at all. He could be like Ocean and start a second game and do all kinds of reworks so nothing really gets done for a long long time under the guise of "improvements" Or, he could be like the Halfway House Dev and just do the bare minimum in a year and a half. Heck, could even go the Icstor route and milk and potentially act in a fraudulent manner. Sure DPC takes his time but when the content drops it drops goooooooooooooood.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
is that liv and matthew ?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And if you skip mansion minigame do you lose it
no, not at all.

there are secondary choices in the game that in case one skips the minigames decide whether the repair was successful or not.

I only have the minigames enabled in 2 runs, but in all the main runs Rusty keeps his car

• Thinking Face
Reactions: xtrema

always86

Mar 19, 2020
If he really only wanted to generate money he’d be much more likely to release more regular updates. In update months his subs rocket and his contributions will go up for people who pay more than usual for the early release. More regular releases would make him more likely to retain subs. Not to mention that would speed up the release of the complete season for Steam and GoG where he makes HUGE amounts of money.

When you compare DPC to someone like the Milfy City guy who essentially cheated his subs out of loads of contributions by lying, it’s nowhere near the same. There are plenty of instances of Devs adding tiny amounts of content regularly that create the impression of active development but it’s nothing compared to the amount of content he release when he does drop an episode.

In fact there are only 1 or 2 developers who add more content more regularly than DPC and they work with massive teams. If you take another great game, like Chasing Sunsets, which is a two man team, in the 12 months to their last release they produced 5133 renders and 10-20 animations.

Episode 9 of Being a DiK had 5036 statics and 303 animations + another 793 stills in Interlude and 36 more animations. That’s 5829 stills and 339 animations in 12 months from DPC.

The bottom line is he releases huge amounts of content, we’d all like it to be more frequent, but I don’t think there is a single other producer who matches his quality and quantity. Certainly not someone who works on their own.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes