funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
No that's my own. I had the same problem as you and I just said to myself "this won't do" and I modified the existing save/load page.

Renpy uses a file called Screens.rpy as a default, DPC has modified it with the double arrows and so on, but he hasn't touched it in a while.

However you would have to rename all your save files and move them to the correct page once. So, it would take some work on your end, bro. :D
Yeh I've thought about hacking my way into it, but I'm just not in the mood of ending up with a broken game having to reset everything when the new episode hits the proverbial shelves.

And that's a dandy idea, but I'm really stuck on the thought of just making a manual "jump to" input field without having to modify too much of the original code, if at all.

Going to look into it and I'll share the code if I can get it done without breaking anything. But ultimately it would be nice if he'd just add it as part of the game's package. I mean for fuck sake, he has to be aware that this would become an issue considering how many paths and sub paths he's creating.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Yeh I've thought about hacking my way into it, but I'm just not in the mood of ending up with a broken game having to reset everything when the new episode hits the proverbial shelves.

And that's a dandy idea, but I'm really stuck on the thought of just making a manual "jump to" input field without having to modify too much of the original code, if at all.

Going to look into it and I'll share the code if I can get it done without breaking anything. But ultimately it would be nice if he'd just add it as part of the game's package. I mean for fuck sake, he has to be aware that this would become an issue considering how many paths and sub paths he's creating.
You can just copy/paste the input from the savegame naming, move it somewhere else with the x/y coordinates system and then make it point towards the page entered in the input field.

Have you ever unpacked a renpy game ? The *.rpa files ?

And you wouldn't have to be afraid of it fucking up your game or saves, I've been doing it since episode 3 and basically all I have to do is change.

Code:
for page in range(1, 9):
into

Code:
for page in range(0, 600, 40):
So it's default landing page, last quick access page and jumps between pages. 20 pages would probably be enough, but I thought whatever - let's do 40 and I never have to think about it again.

And I also moved some stuff around for personal preference but that's just me. :D

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Have you ever unpacked a renpy game ? The *.rpa files ?
*Nods*
de-compiling isn't new to me.
I'm just at a point where I'm tired of doing shit like this.
Lazy is perhaps the better term to use. lol

And your solution is actually something simple to do, and as far as the renaming saves, I wouldn't bother with that. I'd simply wipe it all clean and just redo it all again (I actually enjoy the game that much that this would be my preferred direction). But I think instead of treating the symptom, DPC could just solve it directly once and for all.

But for the time being, I'll actually use your suggestion.
(y)

• Red Heart
Reactions: TimHawk

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
*Nods*
de-compiling isn't new to me.
I'm just at a point where I'm tired of doing shit like this.
Lazy is perhaps the better term to use. lol

And your solution is actually something simple to do, and as far as the renaming saves, I wouldn't bother with that. I'd simply wipe it all clean and just redo it all again (I actually enjoy the game that much that this would be my preferred direction). But I think instead of treating the symptom, DPC could just solve it directly once and for all.

But for the time being, I'll actually use your suggestion.
(y)
If you want a 100% vanilla game, we could do it super simple, without any work on your end ( sans the renaming of save files or moving them manually to a different page ) .

Assuming you have a 100% vanilla unpack and play setup now.

You go into the game folder then create a new folder "scripts" then in scripts you create a new folder "base" and into the base folder you copy the file I'll attach.

Renpy will always prioritise unpacked over packed, so when you then start up your game it would look like mine, and if you wanna make it 100% vanilla again, all you have to do is delete the screens.rpy and screens.rpyc (renpy auto creates this one) files in the base folder and you are back to 1-9 pages and 100% vanilla.

Then assuming DPC didn't change the screens.rpy - which, now don't hold me to it, but I believe the last time was the double arrows in episode 4? - when a new episode drops, you can just do the exact same procedure as above and its done in 2.5 seconds.

And yea, DPC adding a simple jump to page input would make sooooo much sense and it takes 5 mins tops.

• Red Heart
Reactions: funkymonkeyjedi

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
If you want a 100% vanilla game, we could do it super simple, without any work on your end ( sans the renaming of save files or moving them manually to a different page ) .

Assuming you have a 100% vanilla unpack and play setup now.

You go into the game folder then create a new folder "scripts" then in scripts you create a new folder "base" and into the base folder you copy the file I'll attach.

Renpy will always prioritise unpacked over packed, so when you then start up your game it would look like mine, and if you wanna make it 100% vanilla again, all you have to do is delete the screens.rpy and screens.rpyc (renpy auto creates this one) files in the base folder and you are back to 1-9 pages and 100% vanilla.

Then assuming DPC didn't change the screens.rpy - which, now don't hold me to it, but I believe the last time was the double arrows in episode 4? - when a new episode drops, you can just do the exact same procedure as above and its done in 2.5 seconds.

And yea, DPC adding a simple jump to page input would make sooooo much sense and it takes 5 mins tops.
Now you're just spoiling me.

And for the record,
even though I gave the "Red heart" reaction, don't surprise me with a "Cummy kiss".

Sorry Tim, Joshy92 damaged my brain a while back, now I'm really cautious.
:ROFLMAO:

Sorry Joshy92, you made your bed with that, I'm just making sure you're going to sleep in it for a long time to come.
:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

doovel

Nov 13, 2023
It's also just prime soap-opera level writing that DPC loves to use. Also expecting it'll turn out Nicole's baby-daddy is someone you already know too.

The absolute lowest-odds twist I think will still happen though is that Fuckface's dad's warning about condoms and similar hair means a reveal that Derek is in fact Maya's half-brother.
Well, he does look a lot like Neil. So that really wouldn't surprise me. Especially their leathery skin.

Also wouldn't surprise me that the MC isn't actually Neil's biological son. Because he looks almost nothing like his dad.

Reactions: Igor_Bielobereg

doovel

Nov 13, 2023
:unsure:

Are you sure you want me to keep going?
DAZ sucks and it will lose to any 3D program.

I don't understand why you would react the way you did. DAZ is probably a good program for a narrow set of tasks like simple posing, but that's where its advantages end. And besides, where did I say anything wrong? Well, by the way, I didn't know that DAZ has particles, but it doesn't change anything because in any program simulations are more complex and progressive.
Besides, it's obvious to everyone that the program is not evolving. Blender every year adds a lot of new features and capabilities, there is an opportunity to add quality addons that simplify the development process, but none of this is in DAZ. This program lives thanks to a huge store.
Worst part is, that might be one of the best DAZ animations I've ever seen. It's just very lifeless when compared to better 3D tools. However it would be much fairer if we had the same scene done in several tools with the time it took to achieve that result. It could well be that the DAZ scene took only a fraction when compared to others. Just that the best achievable result is of much lower quality.

Reactions: ProxyGist

doovel

Nov 13, 2023
He acts and thinks on emotions. Best proof of this is his and MC's fight. If you choose not to fight him and just ask "What the hell is your problem" - you can see he regrets punching MC. Also, its obvious he stole money from strip club job. He is not stupid, he is just emotional lesbian lol
Hey our emotional lesbian is clearly Maya

doovel

Nov 13, 2023
He get the position because he is a founding father. Surely Vinny helped them to start, but in the end of the day they managed without him just fine.
lets not forget also, that in the beginning Rusty also walked around like he own the school , until he got a reality check and learned some humbleness.

and one thing was very similar between the Hots and the Diks , is that it was more the Vice Presidents who were in charge.
Tommy and Quinn were more of the leaders, than Sage and Rusty (y)
Probably has to do with status. Sage and Rusty don't need to do anything, they already have status because of their parents. This isn't the case for Tommy and Quinn, they gain status by being VPs, it's much more important to them than being president is to Sage and Rusty.

doovel

Nov 13, 2023
We're talking about a girl who did not see the guy she was with for years was gay until a freshie showed up to tell her :KEK:

It's not far fetched that Quinn simply manipulated her
Sage is practically 100% focused on school + having fun with the HOTs, she's blind to everything outside of that. Even if it's right under her nose.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes