felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
As I wrote above, you read the interlude with your eyes closed.
It is not she who decides to break off her relationship with MC, but the little bitch MC cannot decide to go with her, although she seems to love her and, as we know from the future, is still suffering.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
And MC what was he going to do in San Diego?
MC is poor, he doesn't have an inheritance to squander like Zoey, he doesn't have any surfing dream, what would have been the point for him to go to San Diego before the end of school?
Fortunately Neil taught him a modicum of practical sense.

And as we know from the Interlude, Zoe was no good at surfing at all. And Zoya was running out of money, and what she received in the tattoo parlor was too little. And then it dawned on her that her idea was not the smartest and most thoughtful.
And after that we see the character's personal growth. She's finishing her studies and yes, it may be far-fetched that she got a shitty diploma, but her return is completely justified.
I'm biased of course because I like Zoey.
But everything is not as bad as you say.
here you are the one who forgot to read ...:ROFLMAO:

in telling Bella about his past, MC after Zoey stopped communicating with him at a certain ptuno he finds the picture that Emma posted and for that peensa that Zoey now has a boyfriend, which is a very normal penseto a girl who has been there for months and at a certain point stopped talking to him
And as we know from the Interlude, Zoe was no good at surfing at all. And Zoya was running out of money, and what she received in the tattoo parlor was too little. And then it dawned on her that her idea was not the smartest and most thoughtful.
And after that we see the character's personal growth. She's finishing her studies and yes, it may be far-fetched that she got a shitty diploma, but her return is completely justified.
I'm biased of course because I like Zoey.
But everything is not as bad as you say.
agree on what happens in the interlude, nothing to say about that

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
A fivesome? Is there such a thing?
I think that would put you in Harem territory.
Of which I'd say "Son, you're definitely biting off more than you can chew".
:ROFLMAO:
I would consider it to be more a polyamorous relationship
Because in my fever dream the girls would also love each other not just me

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022
You jest
But helping a desperate & troubled young woman sounds very romantic
I would treat her like a goddess

Also I would actually like a fivesome
Because I want to add Rionna to that group
She is a brave & independent woman
And I need to show her that she is special
joshy92, you bastard, never come to my country with that attitude or you'll end up with no kidneys in a bathtub or on the beach with no money and nothing with which the police can identify your body.. :KEK:

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
You have a very strange idea of what Romance is. You give off the "online predator" vibes at this point.
You should keep that in check on sites like this. As I'm sure local authorities keep an eye out for those sort of predators
on this site.....

Don't worry I would look at her ID
To make sure she is of legal age

Also predator?
Bro I'm the most romantic guy you will ever meet
I Romance girls not stalk them like prey

• Haha
Reactions: funkymonkeyjedi

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Next you'll be telling me
That it's not romantic if I kiss Maya & Josy while my cum is in their mouths
*Washes own eyes out with industrial bleach then rinse them with hydrochloric acid*

Sorry mate, you'll have to use voice recordings from this point on.
Dunno what happened, but I'm having trouble with my vision.
small_whistling2.gif

:cool:

*EDIT*
you should check out the hidden portion of my signature. I think it would fit you perfectly...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Joshy92

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
following the same logic we will then meet Maya's mother, Josy's stepmother and biological mother, Sage's biological mother and at this point Quinn's?

And unfortunately, I also believe that we will have to go through this....

the way Zoey was told to us, it's not like her return was mandatory, there was no unfinished business, it took the interlude to turn an independent girl who had gone to pursue her dream and made a life for herself far away, into another girl who cannot live without MC
Okay, I'm going to have to say it again. It's not what's told, it's how it's told. DPС is a bad writer, but a great storyteller.
Also as I said earlier it's obvious to me that DPС is going to have a crisis of ideas when he finishes the main character arc. He just won't have anything to talk about other than who is which relative. It's very boring, but it's interesting how he'll tell it. It'll probably be presented as dry and sketchy as Lynette's backstory or maybe he'll stretch the obvious stuff like Sage's birth mother being at arm's length with her for an entire season.
I don't really feel like defending DPС because I can see what he's going to emphasize in the next few episodes and what he's going to sideline.
Right now the only story arc with interesting intrigue is the free tuition, but he will stretch it out for the remaining 2 seasons and how he will dilute the time with what plot mini-quests and arcs is a big question.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
wait what, why the fuck am I finding out about this now I thought nicole was more of the route of massive DIK. that's what happens to me for not reading the damn guide. :KEK:
View attachment 3098356
Oh, I'm not sure whether it's in the guide. I feel like it doesn't cover enough compared to the amount of hidden variations you can see. So I just never even bother with it. I just took a quick look at the code for Ep 9. Unless I misread it, it says: "If affinity = Chick" -> "Mwah" or something like that. Then the option for if you weren't Chick affinity is just some lines that denote an awkward tone.

I'll be honest, I haven't played the Nicole ending for Ep 9 so I haven't actually seen it but that's what the code says at least.

Glad I'm only on Rio's path. This whole: "Get the girl as DiK, keep her as Chick" or vice-versa isn't my gig. 100% DiK. Things like that frustrate tf outta everyone.
For real, dude. But it's more about these sudden curveballs he throws at you this late in the game. Shit like that might mean you'd have to replay several episodes depending on what you chose. (But that's probably his plan.)
imagine so the Interlude characters will play a role. DPC has done a lot of work with it. How many complain that DPC could have included Interlude as an intro in EP9 should actually be proof enough.

I got a lot of facepalms when I wrote way before Interlude for Zoey to come back. The only thing that's funny now is that most people know it. I got a lot of facepalms when I wrote way before Interlude about Zoey being older than the MC. In Interlude, Zoey was confirmed to be a year older than the MC.

That's why I'm writing ahead so Emma knows Isabella. Why? In EP5 we learn that when Isabella went to college, she came from further away. She met some friends from her high school days, but she also wanted to make new friends. This is not an invention of mine.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
She met former friends from her high school years in college. But Isabella definitely had several friends in high school. Maybe even those who were never accepted to college. She came from far away. San Diego far? In terms of appearance, Isabella fits San Diego. But it doesn't stop there. Emma and Bret have known each other for a long time, probably since high school. We know that Emma took a quick trip to Las Vegas but came back. Bret was always in San Diego. But the most important thing is so that we know, so that Emma and Bret tattooed each other and learned to tattoo.

Isabella will definitely have traveled home at one time or another during her college years. That's not unusual. She will also have met up with former high school friends. Not unusual either. Isabella was currently between 18 and 22 years old.

Emma has two tattoos on her arms. Isabella and Bret. Before we start again, that's Isabella and Bret on Emma's arm. All three were between 18 and 20 years old when the tattoos were created. Bret had curls at the time, which was a few years ago. A tattoo is difficult to change. It's the same with Isabella. There's nothing wrong with Emma and Bret being Isabella's high school friends. But there is this connection. DPC creates a connection between Interlude and BaDIK with Isabella, only this connection is in the past. MC just gets to know Isabella. So we have this connection from BaDIK to Interlude. Zoey then brings in a second connection, but one that concerns more in the present.

Anyone who still thinks that Interlude was important simply doesn't recognize the facts. DPC himself wrote so that he had to make Interlude for the reason that connections could be made out. But if you want to deny it, please. It's not my decision.

DPC explained Isabella's past well with the College Flashback and Interlude. But DPC left one thing open in Isabella's College Review. It is clearly written that Isabella wants to make new friends in college and that old high school friends are also in this college. I didn't make that up, it's written.

Now I'm wondering who these old high school friends and Isabella's new college friends are. A few thoughts from me. Alison, Iris Mooore-Clive, Helen Bailey-Patrick Bailey, Lana Royce, Monica Taylor-Pete Taylor, Cathy Jones, Lynette, maybe the mother Quinn or Sage, etc. But there is no real clue pointing in one direction yet .

But one thing is certain. Isabella is the main connection between Interlude and BaDIK as far as the past is concerned. Zoey is a connection between Interlude and BaDIK, which concerns more of the present.

Let's get to the crucial one. Zoey told Bret that they would not only talk on the phone but also meet up. The only question is where. San Diego or in the BaDIK world. For me there is no doubt that we will see one or two characters from Interlude in BaDIK in the future. The information is there.
Yea I don't know about that first part. I think people complained because he essentially just did all that work for what could've been a simple introduction. I think that's the main gripe people have. (Personally, the Interlude was okay. Didn't like it, didn't hate it.) I really don't think it was anything to think too deeply about.

At the end of the day, if DPC drags even more tertiary characters in when he can barely even provide satisfactory content for the main cast then it's just bad writing, bad planning, and he's biting off too much in an attempt to make the world feel bigger at the expense of a cohesive story. It's not so much about theorizing as it is just me saying that'd make the story even more convoluted.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Okay, I'm going to have to say it again. It's not what's told, it's how it's told. DPС is a bad writer, but a great storyteller.
Also as I said earlier it's obvious to me that DPС is going to have a crisis of ideas when he finishes the main character arc. He just won't have anything to talk about other than who is which relative. It's very boring, but it's interesting how he'll tell it. It'll probably be presented as dry and sketchy as Lynette's backstory or maybe he'll stretch the obvious stuff like Sage's birth mother being at arm's length with her for an entire season.
I don't really feel like defending DPС because I can see what he's going to emphasize in the next few episodes and what he's going to sideline.
Right now the only story arc with interesting intrigue is the free tuition, but he will stretch it out for the remaining 2 seasons and how he will dilute the time with what plot mini-quests and arcs is a big question.
In my opinion, the first season was very planned, very cohesive, after that there was some improvisation as you went along, and the less good you are, the more you struggle to keep up the improvisations.

in the next chapter we should see what direction (if any direction there is) the season wants to take. personally the hype is so low that it will almost certainly surprise me in the positive.

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
Zoey sole purpose was to show that MC is not a Virgin protagonist, with zero experience with women, that was all, and she served that in episode 2:cool:. Her return as you said was not only not mandatory, but tottaly unnesecary
The reason for Zoey's presence is actually simple.
She's a source of cheap drama and jealousy from the main girls. Maya and Josy react when MC tells them about Zoey, which may play a role in the future.
Because different players play differently, some prefer the solo route and some fuck anything that moves, Zoey will become a universal tool and purveyor of cheap romantic drama in all paths.
Besides if MC goes for the worst of all scenarios, fighting with all his potential girlfriends probably only Zoey will always be around.
So Zoey will be just another Derek, only with boobs. She'll be the go-to guy for advice on romantic mishaps.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
I like that she's pretty chill, seems that San Diego made her far more mature than any of the gal at B&R. She's the only person who's like "you guys are weird, but I like it". Her humor and way of speaking, still don't know if I enjoy it or not, but I will give it another go.

Party planner, huh?

Tbh at first I didn't mind the hair, but after seeing how it offended people, I decided to troll a little bit. And Maya's stans are worse than anything Karamba, Joshy, or Dalli could come up with.

I dislike the idea of a canon, especially if it is not required for a possible sequel. But if Interlude says anything about MC canon, is that he was a chick before the story started. What comes after is all up to us, the players.
I'm okay with Zoey. But more as a friend than a love interest. She at least does a better job than Maya as acting as the "straight man" to the comedic absurdity of Derek/other characters without bringing the mood down.

Eh, it's not so much the hair itself that I find stupid. I just feel like style change means DPC is going to write in some corny shit about Maya ... I don't know how to word it. Maybe something like "Finding a pair and stop being such a mope" and integrate that into the rest of the characters' scenes. It'd be like trying sift out sand from food you dropped on the ground.

Maya is okay in small doses but I for sure just skip through all her dialogue after the first play through. I'm already a pretty negative person so add one more to the mix and that's just called misery.

I think I've had the fortune of never encountering any of the hardcore Maya fans. Except Joshy but he's fine. He simps for a wide plethora of those types of characters so we're all just used to it lol.

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
In my opinion, the first season was very planned, very cohesive, after that there was some improvisation as you went along, and the less good you are, the more you struggle to keep up the improvisations.

in the next chapter we should see what direction (if any direction there is) the season wants to take. personally the hype is so low that it will almost certainly surprise me in the positive.
It's pretty hard to make a coherent and logical plot when branching. Tremolo/Miller after becoming the leader of the fraternity has almost no motivation other than to deal with the girls' problems and ...organize a party. If earlier Fuckface was in the center of the story and girls were a byproduct of his activities, which made the story dynamic, then probably now girls will be in the center of attention and BAD will become a regular AVN like Milfy City, where MC is trying to solve their problems the whole game.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
It's pretty hard to make a coherent and logical plot when branching. Tremolo/Miller after becoming the leader of the fraternity has almost no motivation other than to deal with the girls' problems and ...organize a party. If earlier Fuckface was in the center of the story and girls were a byproduct of his activities, which made the story dynamic, then probably now girls will be in the center of attention and BAD will become a regular AVN like Milfy City, where MC is trying to solve their problems the whole game.
it is very difficult to make a perfect story that is perfectly consistent with whatever choices are made in the various ramifications. but having a very solid and delineated central body is extremely feasible. you just have to be clear in your thinking.

Reactions: allanl9020142

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
I think I'd like to somewhat reinterpret that one line. "DPC is a bad writer, but a great storyteller". I feel like those mean the same things.

To me, it's more like DPC is great at writing short, impactful scenes and using the VN medium to his advantage when doing so. I just don't think he can handle overarching plots well. You can tell he has great ideas (is this what you mean by storyteller?) but the details and foresight kind of get lost in the weeds here.

It's like he has point A and point C already in his head but when it comes to writing point B, he falls short and things start to not add up or feel contrived. Along the way from Point A to B, he realizes that it doesn't work and is even unsure of Point C now. I feel like we're at Point B for a lot of these story lines.

I think it's why you get some great scenes like when Sage tells MC about being adopted but also stuff like MC being angry at Maya and Josy for no real reason in Ep 3 and 4 or the "fuck fuck fuck" thing at the end of Ep 8 regardless of what you've done on your run.

He's probably already had ideas for those specific scenes and then some chunks of the overarching plot here and there but can't keep things consistent when it comes to writing details for those big ideas or how one scene's writing will affect the subsequent scenes. I don't blame him. Few can do such a feat. But that ultimately determines whether it's a story that can stand on its own without the lewd scenes or it's just a really good VN.

He also does a great job at building up his characters ... only to bring it all crashing down in later seasons. You can say it's because he's showing that the characters are opening up more or are maturing but it just feels like weak writing/downgrading his characters to me. (Also not likely but still possible, even letting outside influences determine what the characters are like)

To that, I second what felice said about the improvisation. Kind of feels like it sometimes. Especially after Season 1.

Reactions: ProxyGist

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
It's been like this since season 2 but we didn't care because we're having the payoffs (sex) for the setups of season 1 which was the best storywise but lacked it (sex). Now we have this "choose" your girlfriend situation which should have been left for the final season... But branching is easier to write. It's like those TV shows that they don't know how to do a main plot and then split the cast to create many (irrelevant) subplots. Also flashbacks... Another trick of lame writers.
Uh, yup. Pretty much. This is more how I feel about it than what I even said lol.

• Haha
Reactions: The Dick and Ray_D

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
All I know is
I don't care about the DIKS problems or some hidden camera bullshit
I'm here to simp for beautiful & innocent women like Maya & Josy

I do care about the restaurant stuff though
I need to stop these evil toxic men from taking advantage of innocent girls
Those guys will pay dearly for that

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
I think I'd like to somewhat reinterpret that one line. "DPC is a bad writer, but a great storyteller". I feel like those mean the same things.

To me, it's more like DPC is great at writing short, impactful scenes and using the VN medium to his advantage when doing so. I just don't think he can handle overarching plots well. You can tell he has great ideas (is this what you mean by storyteller?) but the details and foresight kind of get lost in the weeds here.

It's like he has point A and point C already in his head but when it comes to writing point B, he falls short and things start to not add up or feel contrived. Along the way from Point A to B, he realizes that it doesn't work and is even unsure of Point C now. I feel like we're at Point B for a lot of these story lines.

I think it's why you get some great scenes like when Sage tells MC about being adopted but also stuff like MC being angry at Maya and Josy for no real reason in Ep 3 and 4 or the "fuck fuck fuck" thing at the end of Ep 8 regardless of what you've done on your run.

He's probably already had ideas for those specific scenes and then some chunks of the overarching plot here and there but can't keep things consistent when it comes to writing details for those big ideas or how one scene's writing will affect the subsequent scenes. I don't blame him. Few can do such a feat. But that ultimately determines whether it's a story that can stand on its own without the lewd scenes or it's just a really good VN.

He also does a great job at building up his characters ... only to bring it all crashing down in later seasons. You can say it's because he's showing that the characters are opening up more or are maturing but it just feels like weak writing/downgrading his characters to me. (Also not likely but still possible, even letting outside influences determine what the characters are like)

To that, I second what felice said about the improvisation. Kind of feels like it sometimes. Especially after Season 1.
I'll explain what I mean.
A good storyteller and a good writer are not always the same thing. A script is roughly speaking a story on the basis of which a game is created. And gameplay is the way the narrative is told.

If we take the script out of the game and read it, we will immediately realize how boring and poorly written it is. But we don't notice it because DPC is skillfully controlling the attention and manipulating the players. The game has good music, freeroams which are corridor mini-levels with elements of sandbox, good dialog, interesting characters, mini-games, there are elements of trade, player base where he rests between levels, elements of social interaction, high variability, replayability, etc. All of this allows us to overlook the obvious plot bloopers. If there weren't such long pauses between games, no one would pay so much attention to obvious plot errors like Maya's loan or Jill's picnic.

Narrative design, level design, world design, content design, etc. is done at a good level that keeps the player's attention for the maximum amount of time. But the scripting is pretty poorly written.

To illustrate, I'll give examples of games that have both a good story and a good narrative and games that have a good story but a bad narrative.

An example of a perfect balance is City of Broken Dreamers. An example of a good plot but poor storytelling is The Order of Genesis. It has an intricate and interesting plot, but boring characters and boring dialog.

You're right to point out that he can't link A to C. A problem I also mentioned a long time ago. DPC works according to a flowchart and working on this principle it is much easier to make a mistake than to work according to a ready written script. DPC is really a master of mise-en-scene (if you can apply this term to the game). He has an excellent written and staged scene of the meeting with Zoey, which allows you to feel a wide range of emotions. But in the same episode there is a weird storyline with Sage where MC feels guilty whether he fucked Jade or not.

The upshot is pretty simple. DPC needs to abandon the flowchart and come to a traditional way of writing. It will save him time and the plot will be more meaningful.

Last edited:
Reactions: allanl9020142
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes