JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017
And compress... We can forget about compression... Because downloading ~12GB -- even more when everybody will be downloading at the same time, and the servers overloaded -- will be a drag...
Compression is typically a separate process done by a forum member.

There will also be an upgrade-only download for people who have the 0.9 release and just want to patch it up to the new .10 release version and content which will be much smaller.

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
I'll start around like this. The special renderings are not ridiculous because they show in advance what will happen in BaDIK.

Sorry, but for me personally there are too many coincidences to be a coincidence. You make the mistake of just looking at the pictures and not seeing the story behind them. You compare Riona to Riona. But if you compare Riona to Maya, the special render set stories match stories in the game. Oops.
Dear dalli_x, it's still an AVN game and it's specific world.

DPC has even made things like special renders decent and not just pointlessly obscene like it usually done in most of games of AVN genre. There is some kind of hint everywhere, but not a literal one or a hint to something significant like a spoiler, it would just be stupid move. What happens to other characters in a real game using some ideas and templates from special renderers does not mean anything at all. I.e. it's great that you see the similarity of a particular scene or place of its action, but it doesn't really give anyone anything. The game takes place in a limited space and for the most part in college with rare exceptions. With such success, you can attract any crazy assumption and theory. Which is what you did with Riona and MC's cyberpunk setting. You pulled nerds, computers, and so on by the ears... It's strange that not the matrix and Neo with a Trinity. You seen Rio in lockers, then you get Maya's scene in that lockers... so, what? As well as most or all of other examples you mentioned regarding special renders.

I believe that the root of the problem is that you place TOO much hope and expectation on the DPC. In particular, by hints, hidden and secret meanings in almost EVERY render, scene and pixel. It's not true and never will be. He is not that kind of author and this is not that kind or type of the game. He put some clues and hints here and there from time to time, but it seems that you put sense in every part of the scene, render, etc, assuming that DPC put all that and had all this in mind.

You know that there is something like a proverb or saying - that the hardest thing to find or discover is what lies on the surface. You are so passionate about searching for secret meanings, hints, hidden clues or symbols that you often do not see the obvious or think that something hidden is more important than what the author openly shows or declares. This is an example of a tired police investigator who, desperate to solve a case, embarks on all sorts of crazy assumptions, although all he had to do was take a closer look at the facts that already exist and work with them better. Even if you really found a few moments, or something that the DPC really put some secret meaning into, you missed a bunch of simple and understandable moments, burying them under tons of far-fetched secret meanings and theories. You cannot think clearly and most importantly simple, you are constantly looking for secret meanings and hints everywhere, even where they simply do not exist.

BADIK is very decent, one of the best games in genre, but you are trying or hoping to find here that were never and will never exist. I have a feeling that you treat it so high, that it fuels and exagregates your expectations too much.

I may tell what I'm excited of in BADIK and what I really like, what catched me and still fuels my interest and affection to this game. Including writing all this stuff, replying to posts like this one and writing my own from time to time, sometimes as huge as fuck.

Do you ever got a feeling when reading book or watching movie or even playing some game that you "trust" to what you read, see or play with? When you feel a relation to something or almost anything of what's happening on the screen or given imagination? That you like some of the characters so much, that even develop with time some kind of feelings to them, start to care, etc about them? It's natural feeling and there is nothing to be ashamed of. Even if some people doesn't admit something like this, it works in the way I described it. When you like book, movie, tv series or game that much, you became a fan in some way. This may develop into different ways. Some starts to create fan-art, some writes essays regarding the "world" and characters they attracted to, etc.

I like this game, because it gives me a good nostalgia and vibes of my own student life. A half of MG LIs are similar to what I experienced in real life (J&M and Bella cases, while I never met something like Jill and Sage). I can't relate to a lot of things regarding frats, etc, because it's not practiced in my country, the maximum we have is a dorms, and even this is not casual and usual thing. Could you imagine the conjoined parties with your teachers and even administration of university? Or the ones, that took place in several meters and classes from each other? That's the parallel world to the BADIK and how it works and usually done in the USA, but I can understand and "trust" what I see and get a right feel and mood regarding what I see. I understand how it "works", I don't have a feeling that I can't trust to what I see and that all of this is some kind of fake or fantasy of author. That's very important.

I like most of the characters. Even the antagonists. Because their stories and characters are believable and plausible. Yes, there is a certain amount of humor or absolutization of some ideas or images, but where is it not?

I like humor in this game. I LOVE it. I laughed during playthroughs more than when I watched all those movies from the 2000s together.

I know that BADIK renders quality is not perfect. But, when some authors put so much effort and attention to the pure renders like textures, ideal posing, rendering quality, etc, but I catch myself thinking and understand what I like about this game and what distinguishes it from its competitors. It's DPC attention to details in absolutely another ways. To details which reflect game world details, something happening in backgrounds, reflecting and referring to some of the player previous choices, etc. Aaaand, I absolutely like DPCs work with characters facial expressions, emotions, etc. I really don't know who ever did or do it better. Each and absolutely every scene and dialogue have it's proper reflection in characters face expressions, emotions, etc. It helps you to "trust" to what you see and read a lot. Because it's very relative to a real life and real conversations with people. It helps a lot to immerse yourself in the world of the game, to believe what is happening and makes the characters plausible and that they seem to be real.

I like the music in this game and how perfectly tracks selected for each particular scene or moment in the game. This as well helps to set the proper mood and create particular atmosphere.

But, now seriously, what you expect from AVN? Even SO decent? Why you don't listen to it's author? That this game is mostly a comedy diluted with a college and teen drama. Yes, it's not completely lighthearted and goofy story like some teen movies of the early 2000s, but it's still based on them and that particular "spirit." BADIK raises questions and problems from real life, there're enough of drama and moments that can make you think or rethink of something, even about your own life. But... For example - AL was a thriller and drama with a comic moments, while the BADIK is the opposite.

To summarize what has been said... Don't raise your expectations SO high. It is normal when theories or assumptions about the course of the plot, the fate of the characters, possible endings or some plot points that have not yet been revealed collapse. But the worst thing that can happen to you is when your expectations are shattered by reality. When you expect something incredible, you've been looking for clues for years, and most of them are explained by a couple of phrases or a short scenes... or even worse, it is simply forgotten as an insignificant detail or because that detail never existed. Such scrupulous attention to details and the search for some secret meanings is simply incompatible with THIS game and genre in general, this "world" and this plot. That number of theories, questions and other things simply does not have the opportunity to be disclosed in any way, because there are only 7 episodes left and most of them will be devoted to the personal life of the main character, but not to the satisfaction and disclosure of some incredible theories, conspiracies and assumptions. Of course, we are expecting some huge plot twists, surprises, the complete reverse of some characters personalities and faith in them, bc DPC does it well. Leah in AL was impressive, as was the fake main villain Peter, that was a great red herring.

Have a nice day.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
So how difficult do you think it'd be to implement a system that just allows you to choose the variables and start playing from any episode?

Also, if DPC actually does something like that for Ep 10 ... let me know. :cool:

(Edit: My bad. I meant to say does not did as if we somehow have knowledge of such a thing right now. Then again, it's likely he would've announced something like that already but whatever.)

Flynn95

Jun 6, 2022
I hope this message finds you well. I would like to share with you some information regarding the release time of episode 10. A fellow user has created an excellent post on this topic, and I encourage you to show your appreciation by liking their work.

As we approach the release date, I anticipate that he will update his table and share his insights on this topic. Meanwhile, I will provide my less informed perspective.

According to my recollection, episode 9 was released in AEST time at 06:42 PM (09:42 AM CET). The new average release time minus EP7 is 11:46 AM CET or 08:46 PM AEST.
I hope this information is helpful to you.
Have a fantastic rest of your day!
Thank you for that, it defiantly helped :)

Reactions: chenerba

bloodyasura

Jul 17, 2020
I'm not a lawyer, but my best friend is a former prosecutor and is now a judge. I haven't asked him about this scenario specifically, but I've chatted with him about some of the investigations and prosecutions he's been involved in over the years and my sense is this:

The fact that any prosecution will also want to pursue Burke, Quinn's father and anyone else involved in these criminal rings won't protect Quinn that much, especially if her cooperation comes after being arrested. MAYBE if she goes to the police BEFORE they are aware of these crime rings and agrees to help ensnare the entire conspiracy, she might be spared the harshest sentencing.

If she just gets arrested and Quinn can convince the cops, and probably ultimately a jury, that she was manipulated and under duress by Burke to essentially run the restaurant, she'd probably get some consideration, but would not avoid punishment. It seems probable that Burke is above Quinn with the restaurant, but is he also running the drug ring? Or is that a side hustle Quinn has? If it's separate from Burke, Quinn is also going to be in serious trouble for dealing drugs. The marijuana isn't such a big deal anymore in many US states, but she's also trafficking in stolen and/or counterfeit prescription drugs.

Bottom line, even if Quinn informs on Burke and her dad (who presumably supplies her with the drugs for sale) she is absolutely NOT going to receive "serious leniency" and definitely not probation. The fact that she appears to have grown up in a drug den, and maybe even got prostituted by her father when she was young, is tragic, but unless she has a rockstar lawyer, she's going to do prison time.
Well, in movies and TV shows, there’s not a shred of truth.:HideThePain:
And the rock-star lawyer.
Quinn has the MC, the MC has Jill, the Jill family has the rock-star lawyer. :KEK:

Biged12345

Nov 16, 2020
Hey everyone sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this but I am wondering if you take a BaDIK save from android joiplay and move it to the PC version of BaDIK will that save trigger DPC's Anti-Mod scripts? If anyone has the answer I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
DPC should be working off of the CET time zone, so check your local time against that, and figure that it will drop sometime in the 24 hours of December 8 in CET. Don't count on it being there at 12:01 AM CET, probably later in the day sometime.

Then factor in some delay for the time it takes someone to download the release, then upload it to the different share services and post the link here.
The update will be here very quickly after it comes out likely within 5 minutes

BeingADikDik

Engaged Member
Apr 17, 2021
Hey everyone sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this but I am wondering if you take a BaDIK save from android joiplay and move it to the PC version of BaDIK will that save trigger DPC's Anti-Mod scripts? If anyone has the answer I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
Also, on this note, if I copy over a save from WVM to my BaDIK folder, will it load with the HOT Harem option enabled?

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022
it doesn't work, the Android version is not even official, it is made by third parties and its files are not compatible with those of PC. :HideThePain:

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
1701829488800.png
From what it says, the saves are not modified, so they would not fall into anti mod tricks.

TheAnimence8

Oct 15, 2016
I mostly just lurk, but when did DPC make anti mod shit in the game? And will it make it take time for the mods to come out, only really play the game with mods so not really needing to download it right away.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
I've never tried to play an android port of a VN but the anti-mod stuff DPC puts in are very specifically for mods.

A line of code that fucks with the game if you have a mod installed usually includes something like "cheat", "unlock gallery", etc. Key words like that. Again, I don't know anything about android ports but I feel like anti-mod scripts and android ports are completely unrelated.

I mostly just lurk, but when did DPC make anti mod shit in the game? And will it make it take time for the mods to come out, only really play the game with mods so not really needing to download it right away.
Since like forever, man. I think I first noticed them in maybe Ep 2 or 3. Since then, DPC will always add in 2 or 3 more things into the new update.

For your second question, maybe. Hot fixes for the anti-mod stuff usually come out pretty damn quick. I'm talking about a few hours after the game drops here. That will usually fix the situation with the anti-mod stuff but it's not the mod. The actual mods take some time because the people who do them need to actually take the time to look through everything else, set everything up, etc. (Idk how they do it). (Edit: My bad, I misread your second question.)

Scrappy usually (not guaranteed) has the initial updated mod in like 1 or 2 days from the episode release. Then subsequent mod updates for bugs, etc throughout the week.
I'm not too sure about Sancho but from what I've seen, he's usually more active with communication so I'd just watch his thread (obviously not bother him about it) and just wait for word from him.

Yea, same. I usually just play without the mod the first time through but for various reasons, I won't be able to play on Friday so I might as well just wait for the mod.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes