chronomate

Jun 5, 2020
OK, all main paths played. Large summary of thoughts incoming.

Let me get the gameplay/minigame bitching out of the way. I hate them. Almost all of them, and yet both disposable income and some renders are locked behind them, so I keep them on. But man, that science minigame is the single worst thing DPC has done. If it presented a challenge or was fun there'd at least be an argument in its favor, but it isn't. It just eats up several minutes being pointless. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Then there's the fish, which actually costs me money to do and isn't even a game by any but the loosest definition. Brawler got more complicated for no particular reason, and there's that puzzle box I refuse to engage with until it's entirely completable (and it better have a damn good reward inside). The math game is a lateral move from the former one... I think it's actually easier in that it makes more logical sense to me than some of the old math questions and has no timer, but I still wouldn't call it fun. The English test got a much less forgiving timer, but at least we can type now so that one I'll call a win. Also Beer Pong, which is great conceptually but not that fun... I'd have preferred something simpler, maybe akin to the tennis minigame.

But yeah... lots of minigames and not lots more fun from them.

The story continues to inch forward, slower than it should but faster than it was last episode. Most of the progression was character stuff, which I'll get to in a bit. Lewd scenes were a bit weak this time around, not bad but pretty uninspired. There are a couple of exceptions
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
, but mostly it was just... fine.

As for the characters, the meat of the episode and my thoughts on same:

JOSY

MAYA (& PATRICK)

JILL

BELLA

SAGE

QUINN

GIRLS, GIRLS, GIRLS

BURKE & LUNCHROOM GIRL (I forget her name)

There, the long ass review/thoughts/ramble I said just yesterday I wasn't going to do. If you actually read all this, well, you're awesome. Let the waiting for Episode 11 commence.

P.S.- Almost forgot, the "it's one of us" moment the DiKs had.

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
I'm currently playing a new run that I hadn't tried till now: chick affinity, interested in Maya, but not in Josy and going directly for the friendship route with both in episode 4, in the hope that at some point a solo route with Maya will open up.

Anyway, I'm in episode 3 at the moment. Previously, in episode 2, I lost the cum-petition on purpose (again, this is an option I had not explored before). Well, now I've got to that scene after one short free roam event where Maya and the MC are lying on the ground outdoors and exchange a kiss when Derek suddenly stops their fun. And this time around, the motherfucker says this to his sister:

screenshot0001.jpg
screenshot0001_2.jpg
screenshot0001_1.jpg

Fucking Derek. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
One year or more from now, can I use a save from the current version 10.0 into 11.0, or will I need to have a save from the latest patches (ex 10.2) that DPC releases?
so far the .0 version saves worked perfectly fine... if you dont used mods in any way that is. I never replayed a finished savegame if a bugfix came out... that said, so far DPC didnt need to make that many bugfix-patches to begin with, he does make sure that released version dont have many bugs. Some slip through, but not many... and most of the fixed things i didnt even noticed in the past.

Reactions: Mr. Muscles

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I have a strong suspicion about Derek being gay, that he's intentionally exaggerating with the girls. Because of his father, Derek had to hide this side from him. On the one hand, so that he protects himself and on the other hand, so that he protects Maya, so that Patrick believes that Derek will take care of the grandchildren.

Even though Derek doesn't want to be touched at the end of EP10, my MC hugs him anyway and I think that means a lot to Derek. The MC lets him be who he is and not what he pretends to be to everyone. That's why he bursts into tears. Maya and Derek didn't have an easy childhood.

I went through a phase a long time ago where I was looking for images in the characters' eyes. You can call me crazy, but they were images and not reflections. In one of these pictures I saw a guy dressed in black carrying a blonde woman towards a door. I always thought that was Maya and the MC. But we found out that Derek would go back to his parents' house. He will do this because of his mother and not because of Patrick. I figure so the MC will help get Derek and Helen out of this house and that will happen before Christmas.
Derek is not gay. He is not very successful with girls, he is too frivolous and does not draw conclusions from his mistakes. He has a so-so physique and his manners are like those of the dwarves from the Hobbit. He is actually very insecure and often uses tricks to seduce girls. For example, he humiliates MC to look better in front of Ashley. It's primitive, but it works because Ashley has an IQ75. Cunning is one of his few strengths. It was no wonder that Sage was uncomfortable in his company.

Reactions: Reggie32

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
I'm currently playing a new run that I hadn't tried till now: chick affinity, interested in Maya, but not in Josy and going directly for the friendship route with both in episode 4, in the hope that at some point a solo route with Maya will open up.

Anyway, I'm in episode 3 at the moment. Previously, in episode 2, I lost the cum-petition on purpose (again, this is an option I had not explored before). Well, now I've got to that scene after one short free roam event where Maya and the MC are lying on the ground outdoors and exchange a kiss when Derek suddenly stops their fun. And this time around, the motherfucker says this to her sister:

View attachment 3163067

Fucking Derek. :ROFLMAO:
So, an advice... if you want the solo route and want to get sure it will work out... star over again.

If you choose "friendship" you pretty much closed the door. Kinda obvious right?

Yeah you will still have some Maya scenes, but in ep10 the door will be kinda shut. Same goes for Josy.

So... whats the way to go for that?

DONT fuck Josy in ep 2... DONT get the lewd scene in episode 3 with Maya. Just.... stay at the party for example, or dont help her with the HOT-List.

It seems kinda odd, but it makes sense... cause if you do serious lewd things with them, they want to be with the MC. But you dont want that to get on the solo route, you want only Maya... To achieve that, go for "more" at the end of episode 4, if you didnt fucked Josy and didnt had the nearly sex scene with Maya in ep 3, they will reject you.

But you are on the path now to engage the solo route. Follow Maya during the party at ep 5, and tell Derek that you have feelings for her. Later in ep 7 visit maya and give her the TV... and thats about it. Maya Solo path should be moving forward and the scene with her in ep 10 will be very different (nothing serious yet, but its pretty obvious where things will lead in the future)

If you choose to be friends... well, you will exectly get that. They talk about the feelings, but dont let them lead to something.

Its not for sure that the solo path is closed if you choose to be friends in ep 4, but it very much looked like it, and would make sense too. If you go the way i did, its 100% sure that the solo path is achieveable... its just obvious...

Same goes for Josy too, just... go for josy in ep 5 and 7.

LoneWaker59

May 16, 2020
Everyone here has already complained about the minigames and I won't do that either, but one thing that bothers me is that the game's main story is being developed by Maya, a character who (at least I) completely lost interest in after we were forced to choose someone in episode 8.

Another point is that this episode shows how pointless the prologue with Zoey was. If you've already chosen a girl, you probably won't be able to keep her, and I believe that the vast majority of players won't choose the "others" option because almost all the other girls are nowhere near the level of the main ones (Sage, Jill, Bella...).

The scene in which Maya goes to watch a movie with the MC and has her breasts visible and is talking about sex bothered me a bit too because few men would resist that lol (especially the MC who has had sex with almost everyone throughout the game and has suddenly decided that he wants a serious relationship).
Again, the choice to stick with 1 fixed character came too soon, especially considering that we still have about 6 episodes to go.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Derek is not gay. He is not very successful with girls, he is too frivolous and does not draw conclusions from his mistakes. He has a so-so physique and his manners are like those of the dwarves from the Hobbit. He is actually very insecure and often uses tricks to seduce girls. For example, he humiliates MC to look better in front of Ashley. It's primitive, but it works because Ashley has an IQ75. Cunning is one of his few strengths. It was no wonder that Sage was uncomfortable in his company.
Derek is not successful with girls? Come on... take a look at his list :D

If MC is not on a manwhore route Derek has scored more girls then him. Well... if he didnt lied to himself in that list ^^

Reactions: John Ness
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes