DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
I'm sure we all have games where we wish that option was available especially when the dev forces a LI you don't want. If it's that bad I tend to use my Sith option of stop playing and delete the game, usually making a note to "blacklist" that devs games from what I play. Most times you can't since that character is vital to the main plot in some way. In those cases I just tend to play and skip through the parts I don't care about or play them the worst way possible just for kicks.
If you skip large chunks of content then what's the point of playing the game? It's like watching half a movie or skipping chapters in a book

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
You can also
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Same goes for BADIK. We can't make MC an absolute "evil" person. We can force him to break hearts and get closer to Quinn (meaning to use her prostitution ring services, drugs and so on). But he still remains more or less good person and behaves friendly with most of the girls. Branching it even more and making a flags like LI/just friends/end of any relationship as in Intertwined would completely complicate the development, writing and composing the canon scenes. We had an example with J&M break up in EP 10, check out how much alt scenes and renders it took. Now multiply it several times for almost all MGs, then add here the combinations and permutations. No... nah... don't worth it.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020

Same goes for BADIK. We can't make MC an absolute "evil" person. We can force him to break hearts and get closer to Quinn (meaning to use her prostitution ring services, drugs and so on). But he still remains more or less good person and behaves friendly with most of the girls. Branching it even more and making a flags like LI/just friends/end of any relationship as in Intertwined would completely complicate the development, writing and composing the canon scenes. We had an example with J&M break up in EP 10, check out how much alt scenes and renders it took. Now multiply it several times for almost all MGs, then add here the combinations and permutations. No... nah... don't worth it.
I disagree with the assumption that the MC would be evil or sith if he didn't put up with the LI's BS. Refusing to be a doormat and having some self respect isn't evil.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Branching it even more and making a flags like LI/just friends/end of any relationship as in Intertwined would completely complicate the development, writing and composing the canon scenes. We had an example with J&M break up in EP 10, check out how much alt scenes and renders it took. Now multiply it several times for almost all MGs, then add here the combinations and permutations. No... nah... don't worth it.
Oh no, you mean we might have to wait a year for an update?

That would be awful

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
For me, it's the major flaw of the game. And not just the M&J stuff. If you aren't pursuing Jill or Bella you are still stuck with . .

The Bella 'date' to prove that you are worthy of Jill (even though you don't want Jill)

Breaking into the Prep mansion to play the guitar.

The Jill tennis date

The endless ep5 visit to Bella's house

And probably more that I'm forgetting about.

And it's not because MC is friends with them. How many of MC's friends are showing up to help with the cleaning after the DIK's place is trashed? We're now regularly seeing the HOT's cleaning up after parties but where was that help when we really needed it?

It's the problem with the story. We are TOLD that MC is friends with everyone, but we're not SHOWN the MC's friends acting like friends.
Another quite cringeworthy moment is when mc decides to walk a couple of miles, with his head smeared with peanut butter, to get his hair done by Bella....

L1m1tl3ss

Sep 27, 2023
I disagree with the assumption that the MC would be evil or sith if he didn't put up with the LI's BS. Refusing to be a doormat and having some self respect isn't evil.
Yeah, even if the MC has DIK affinity, he's still far from a person who's not being used as a doormat by other people. He'll still apologize all the time for the smallest little things and won't retort in any way when he gets blamed for stuff that he's not even responsible for. Why are the alphas the only people in the entire game that he dares to stand up to? It's inconsistent of his character. He GnP's some bully kid back in elementary school with blood spilling all over but now when a girl steals his guitar he can't say shit but has to beg for it back.

Reactions: Ray_D and DavDR

Ricthequick

Jun 28, 2024
All I know when Zoey progresses gonna be hard to decide between her or Sage for me maybe I'll have to go full Joshy and hold both of their hands :)
Mate it felt so good to give her the cold shoulder when she came back
"Go back to Cali kiddo I have my traumatized "mommy" to take care of... brrr I can feel her stare from the other side of town! Gotta go Zoey, bye!"

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
What do you mean, no time for combinations and permutations?
In most cases, all you have to do is change some lines of dialogue. Renders could stay the same.
And in the case of Maya & Josie, just skip the content. Noone but the people that choose to ghost them would skip their content, I don't see the problem in giving us that option. It's not like we are ripping pages out a book so no one else can read them, y'all can still simp for those two and get all the goodies.

Hopefully I don't have to specifically mention that is only goes for LIs that are involved in scandalous behaviour towards the MC, girls like Sage and Jill don't need to have those considerations since, by all accounts, they aren't acting shady and hide a terrible secret that directly impacts our MC.

Personally, I have a bone to pick with people that don't care to mention they have a long-distance relationship, let alone a gay one.
And I would like that to be reflected in the game, considering it won't take too much effort to allow the MC to ignore some LIs until they get the message.

Reactions: jimbro and DavDR
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes