Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Honestly I'm not a fan of the "harem" tag definition here either, but for completely different reasons lol. Namely, that there isn't a "polyamory" tag for more equitable relationships between multiple partners.
If it was just MC dating Josy and Maya I would say you got me but with Josy and Maya also dating each other while being with MC there should be a level for that if you want to call it a semi harem ok

ModiThorrson

Jan 1, 2024
If it was just MC dating Josy and Maya I would say you got me but with Josy and Maya also dating each other while being with MC there should be a level for that if you want to call it a semi harem ok
to me a harem is multiple women in a relationship with one guy, where polyamory is a group all in a relationship with each other. harem is kinda standard for AVNs, but for me poly is more interesting.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
to me a harem is multiple women in a relationship with one guy, where polyamory is a group all in a relationship with each other. harem is kinda standard for AVNs, but for me poly is more interesting.
Which is the nice thing about Dik it goes deeper then most games even if we have different idea's on where things going at least it isn't normal kind of AVN relationship, what ever happens there are risks that affect the other two people and that a nice change

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
Which is the nice thing about Dik it goes deeper then most games even if we have different idea's on where things going at least it isn't normal kind of AVN relationship, what ever happens there are risks that affect the other two people and that a nice change
Yeah, regardless of where we think things are going, I can agree that (other than perhaps the rocky start) the MJ triad is a more realistic depiction of polyamory than almost any full harem games. :ROFLMAO:

Those can be fun, but they get a bit stale after a while unless there some other significant draw (like a really good story).

Reactions: Darkwen

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Actually when the new tags take effect the thouple could be considered a harem. I won't think of it as one though.

ModiThorrson

Jan 1, 2024
I don't know how to link but it's in the site rules and announcements section in a thread called new tag discussion.
nice they are adding an actual polyamory tag, and split up the ntr tags appropriately. the second part will likely spur al kinds of arguments over what is actually what lol.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Joshy92

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
To save a few people looking for it, here's the new proposed definitions:
Harem: A non-monogamous relationship centered around the protagonist being loved by at least two more people. Sex with outsiders is allowed as long as the core dynamic is not affected

Polyamory: The protagonist and at least two other people are in an equal, simultaneous relationship with each other. Not to be confused with Harem
Pretty good change in my opinion.

Edit: Oh, and for NTR changes:

netorare
A love interest has sexual contact with someone else without the approval of the protagonist, either voluntarily or from some form of coercion (eg, drugs, mind control, blackmail, rape). If the later, add the relevant coercion tag tooRenamed from ntr
netorare-lesbianNetorare inflicted by a female. Not to be confused with open-relationship, netorase, or other consensual dynamics
netoraseA love interest has sexual contact with someone else, with the approval of the protagonist

So with these new definitions, M+J sounds like it'd qualify for netorase tag.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darkwen

ModiThorrson

Jan 1, 2024

netorare
A love interest has sexual contact with someone else without the approval of the protagonist, either voluntarily or from some form of coercion (eg, drugs, mind control, blackmail, rape). If the later, add the relevant coercion tag tooRenamed from ntr
netorare-lesbianNetorare inflicted by a female. Not to be confused with open-relationship, netorase, or other consensual dynamics
netoraseA love interest has sexual contact with someone else, with the approval of the protagonist

You missed:

netoriThe protagonist has sexual contact with another character's love interest or partner, without the approval of said character

Also MJ definitely doesn't qualify as netorase as they aren't JUST having sex, they are in a relationship, definitely polyamory there. though I suppose before MC joined(or friendzoned) them it would qualify as retorare(though not from a site perspective as they define it in it's relation to the MC).

Reactions: I'm Canadian bub

MoBy28

Dec 15, 2023

netorare

The harem definition is gonna have people screaming it has to have a netorare tag if someone in the harem is involved with an outsider.

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
You missed:

netoriThe protagonist has sexual contact with another character's love interest or partner, without the approval of said character

Also MJ definitely doesn't qualify as netorase as they aren't JUST having sex, they are in a relationship, definitely polyamory there. though I suppose before MC joined(or friendzoned) them it would qualify as retorare(though not from a site perspective as they define it in it's relation to the MC).
Ah yes, missed netori.

That actually brings up a good question though. If two people in a polyamorous relationship have sex without the MC, does the netorase tag apply or does that only apply to casual sex outside of the poly relationship? Personally doesn't bother me at all in a poly relationship, but I know some people don't like any sex between LIs without the MC.

ModiThorrson

Jan 1, 2024
Ah yes, missed netori.

That actually brings up a good question though. If two people in a polyamorous relationship have sex without the MC, does the netorase tag apply or does that only apply to casual sex?
In a polyamorous relationship i would think that the "permission" is implied as it's a poly relationship not a harem. though I guess it would be specific to the relationship, if the story were to get that detailed. In the case of the throuple I think it's implied as the MC joined their existing relationship, and having some sort of expectation that they would ok it with him would be silly.

Reactions: I'm Canadian bub

MoBy28

Dec 15, 2023
Ah yes, missed netori.

That actually brings up a good question though. If two people in a polyamorous relationship have sex without the MC, does the netorase tag apply or does that only apply to casual sex outside of the poly relationship? Personally doesn't bother me at all in a poly relationship, but I know some people don't like any sex between LIs without the MC.
I think they kind of mixed up Poly and Harem. Poly as far as I know means like an open relationship either can see other people. Harem is multiple females with a single male.

ModiThorrson

Jan 1, 2024
I think they kind of mixed up Poly and Harem. Poly as far as I know means like an open relationship either can see other people. Harem is multiple females with a single male.
Harem is multiple females only in a relationship with one male, poly is multiple people all dating each other, meaning the girls are in a relationship with each other as well. an open relationship is an open relationship not polyamory.

the fine distinction in open relationship from polyamory is that in an open relationship the other partners don't neccesarily have anything to do with another, while in a poly relationship they are all involved with each other.

Reactions: mintymuz

robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
for me, the only part of the Josy Maya throuple i dislike is where Josy and Maya can do naughty things together without the mc but the mc won't do anything naughty with anyone else after committing to them. that was part of the fun of the throuple dynamic for me initially, letting Josy Maya have their fun together and mc goes out and has fun with others, Sage and the other HOTs as well as the strippers. wanted more with Rose and the other strippers that mc didn't have fun with, Brandi etc. hopefully there will be some fun with them on the others route. also the bartender with the big tits is on the list for me too..:devilish:

ModiThorrson

Jan 1, 2024
for me, the only part of the Josy Maya throuple i dislike is where Josy and Maya can do naughty things together without the mc but the mc won't do anything naughty with anyone else after committing to them. that was part of the fun of the throuple dynamic for me initially, letting Josy Maya have their fun together and mc goes out and has fun with others, Sage and the other HOTs as well as the strippers. wanted more with Rose and the other strippers that mc didn't have fun with, Brandi etc. hopefully there will be some fun with them on the others route. also the bartender with the big tits is on the list for me too..:devilish:
That right there is the exact difference between a throuple(3 person poly relationship) and an open relationship, you were obviously looking for open, but that path is about poly.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
There was no strings attach for all of them so Josy and Maya could had done something just like MC could had. So early on it would be true to say there was no comment from Josy and Maya to each other, after all that is what no strings is. The only strings being connected are to MC not the girls to each other from what is seen .
Keep in mind Josy and Maya was only together twice mc was with one of them a lot more then that

Last edited:
Reactions: ModiThorrson

robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
am hoping that Sage kissing Josy will create some future fun ..4some kind of fun where Sage, Josy and Maya decide to test the endurance of the mc...
and on the Sage path, can't wait to see who Sage has in mind for 3some fun. perhaps her new friendship with Jill will bear fruit.
on the others path, perhaps Josy's lingering feelings for the mc could lead to some fun with her and Lily since Lily finds her hot as fuck..
i think the others path will be pretty fun with all the options the mc has there. perhaps a 3some with Cathy and Jade could work. after her divorce from Stephen, Jade could then send videos of her and Cathy working the mc's dick to him to humiliate him. he deserves lots of humiliation. i kept the video of mc and Jade secret so as not to piss her off. and to keep having fun with her.
so many fun possibilities. DPC needs to put the minigames and render shit to the side and focus more on the various side girls. so many side girls, so little time given to them by DPC.

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
Generally speaking, polyamory is a pretty broad term that means multiple romantic partners but with the informed consent of everyone involved. In a poly relationship, not everyone even has to be romantically involved with everyone else, though that is the most common form shown in AVNs and the definition they're using here. So technically, "harem" is a subset of polyamory if all the girls know about each other and are fine with it.

In real life, it's more common for some people in a poly group not to be involved with each other romantically. For example, if 1 guy is romantically involved with 2 girls and the girls aren't romantic with each other but know about and are fine with each other, that's technically polyamory (usually called a 'vee' relationship structure and the two girls would be called "metamours" of each other, compared to the 'triad' structure MC/Josy/Maya have). Another example could be a married couple where each person in the marriage has a secondary dedicated girlfriend/boyfriend, but the girlfriend/boyfriend aren't romantic with the other spouse or each other. Same where two married swinging couples start dating each other and form a quad. Or if a triad like MC/Josy/Maya added Sage (even if Sage only is romantic with MC). That's all also polyamory, as long as everyone is informed and consents.

Edit: If you've read this and are wondering what's the difference between an open relationship and polyamory, usually the main difference is that polyamory involves love/romance between multiple partners, whereas open relationships might not and just be sexual in nature. So by definition, polyamory is a subtype of open relationships where the people involved have a romantic and/or emotional connection.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes