iamcomming

Apr 22, 2024
Jill > Others > Bella >> Josy & Maya = Sage.

I've started writing and working on what I assume to be the biggest free-roam event of the episode.
Jill is over than Rio and Cammy and Lily and Sarah+Mel? it is so... wow

yey, the big Rio saving free roam time is coming.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I wonder how much of that is due to Sage having by far the most 3-dimensional character development while the rest are comparatively speaking 2-dimensional caricatures.

And let's be honest, her initial "red-hair Maya" hairstyle has probably been the least flattering of all her hairstyles.
This is a very ancient hairstyle from very ancient and terrible assets, there were many of them and he replaced most of them.

I wouldn't call most of the characters caricatures. Despite the fact that each of them has a type, a collective image: Josy is a typical yandere going for MC - ordinary girl next door, Maya is a damsel in distress, Quinn is a “bad girl”, they are all individuals with a soul. Whether we like them or not. We wouldn’t feel like/dislike characters and argue about them for thousands of pages if they were just a caricatured set of pixels.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Yandere? a Bi Yandere, interesting. Ordinary? nah.

Is there a "Yandere" image of her? I mean, if she snaps/attacks or kills someone who wants the MC
Not in that "meaning" you talk about, not like Leah.
In AVNs forums there also being called a girls, who being in love with mc and acts annoying. If more understanding words: José is a simp.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr. Robo

Mr. Robo

Jun 30, 2024
Not in that "meaning" you talk about, not like Leah.
In AVNs forums there also being called a girls, who being in love with mc and acts annoying. If more understanding words: José is a simp.
I mean, you said "Yandere" so, I was curious to see what "Yandere" traits she showed in game. Have no clue (well forgot) who Leah is lol.

Lol, sounds about right.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
This is a very ancient hairstyle from very ancient and terrible assets, there were many of them and he replaced most of them.

I wouldn't call most of the characters caricatures. Despite the fact that each of them has a type, a collective image: Josy is a typical yandere going for MC - ordinary girl next door, Maya is a damsel in distress, Quinn is a “bad girl”, they are all individuals with a soul. Whether we like them or not. We wouldn’t feel like/dislike characters and argue about them for thousands of pages if they were just a caricatured set of pixels.
Sure, they all have a type. But that's exactly what I'm saying - they can all be defined by their respective single type. You look at how they are in Ep1 and that's more or less how they still are in Ep10.

Sage, on the other hand, has a personality more like an onion. Every time you peel off one of her traits, you discover something different. The deeper the story goes, the more multifaceted she becomes. And that makes her much more fun to peel off, in all senses of the phrase.

Reactions: Geralt From Rivia

always86

Mar 19, 2020

Happy blue screen day! I'm not affected by the global outage (so far). PCs are rendering and I'm working.

I've been writing a lot this week. I focused on writing scenes for the general story and Jill's branch. I've written the broad strokes for Jill's content now. There are a few areas left to fill in for her, but she's the branch closest to completion in terms of writing. The canon story is closing in on completion, too; it's ~80% written.

You might wonder about the rest of the branches, and I'd say the order of most to least completed goes Jill > Others > Bella >> Josy & Maya = Sage. The latter two branches need the most work, and I have plans to get to them eventually.

I think it's safe to say that most of the remaining work is branch-related.

The canon content has received much attention so far during this development cycle. While I'm somewhere around 3600-3700 renders into the development, I still have much left to do for the episode.

I currently estimate that I need four, potentially five, more lewd scenes - if you've kept up with my Status updates, you'll realize I've added a few more along the way.

The current animation count is 272 animations (228 completed + 44 in the render queue).

Episode 10 had 335 animations, meaning I'd need a maximum of 16 animations per remaining lewd scene to get the same amount for episode 11, and that's not going to happen. Given my ambition for the remaining lewd scenes and SFW animations, I can safely say that the animation count will be higher for episode 11.

We'll see how that affects the development cycle in time. This is the first development cycle in which I'm rendering everything @60fps. I can see a need for ~100 more animations to finish the remaining animation work.

I don't have a similar estimate for the remaining static render count; thousands of static renders remain.

I've started writing and working on what I assume to be the biggest free-roam event of the episode. This week, I planned the flow of it, started planning events, wrote parts of it, and dressed 60 characters.

Currently, I'm working on the environment, placing characters in their positions, and setting everything up so that I can continue writing the events. Thanks to these preparation steps, I can hammer out the art swiftly when everything is set up and written.

I'm feeling very creative with the ideas I get as I work on this free-roam event. Since the episode development started, I've had big ambitions for this free-roam event, and I've been looking forward to creating it. I aim to make it one of the highlights of the episode.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Get ready for a January or February release everyone. It's amazing how he has convinced himself that the 60FPS trade off (and whatever other improvements he thinks he has made) are rendering quickly.

His average animation per week is is 5.89... Less than 6. To put that in perspective, the last episode averaged 6.9 by the time rendering was completed. The episode before 7.5 by the time rendering was finished.

Pink is saying 100 animations on top of the 272 he already has rendered or queued. That's 372. At his current average rate he won't finish rendering until the week of January 10th. That will be week 57 which in turn is 6 weeks longer than episode 10 and 15 weeks longer than episode 9. He started the 60 fps mid season last time.

Here's the forcast.

1721417406039.png

Back in April 19th I made this forcast based on some vague numbers he had published.

Just for a bit of number reference. He says he has posed 60-70% of animations. Let's average and say 65%. The last two episodes had 303 (E9) and 335 (E10). Again average, 319. From this we can presume he has around 207 animations posed. That isn't that helpful, except he has told us he has 51 animations in the queue. So 207-51= 156 complete animations.
Based on todays numbers we can see he would have been around 151.3 on April 19th. So I think the 156 estimate was pretty decent.

With all that said what is interesting is that he is technically ahead of the episode 10 development. Where he had 214 on week 32 as apposed to 20 228 for this episode. So actually if he wasn't setting himself a ridiculous target we might have expected delivery in December or even a bit earlier.

1721417590812.png

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Sure, they all have a type. But that's exactly what I'm saying - they can all be defined by their respective single type. You look at how they are in Ep1 and that's more or less how they still are in Ep10.

Sage, on the other hand, has a personality more like an onion. Every time you peel off one of her traits, you discover something different. The deeper the story goes, the more multifaceted she becomes. And that makes her much more fun to peel off, in all senses of the phrase.
You are right about this, Sage is a very multi-faceted and deep character, she doesn't open up right away; under the facade of an easy going party girl hides an intelligent, educated and very kind, highly moral person. This is even mentioned by other characters: "And I thought that I would be mentoring a spoiled brat"(c) Isabella
She's not the only one ofc. Isabella, Quinn, even some other side girls has a double bottom.

Some characters were broken by writing, of course. Jill - a constant change in personality from season to season, Josy remained as simple as possible, without any "her thing", without her own story and arc and became annoying. That's who pleased me in Ep. 10 - Maya. Unexpectedly. I could understand the tragedy of her character.

Reactions: Saboracss

Elspastico

Jun 29, 2018
It's been a while since the last time I checked this. Can someone enlighten me about what to download? I mean, if I download Season 1-2, then Season 3 Interlude + Episode 10, I am set? Or do I need to download that 10.0 to 10.1 thing (I guess I'll need to copy-paste-replace something) too? What do I do with Win/Linux SPLIT(v0.10.0)? Also remember hearing about having to transfer progress to 3rd season? 3rd season will require another folder I guess?

Sorry for bothering you guys but I'm confused as hell, and don't know how to check about two million posts for the answer. After a couple thousand my eyes get wobbly.

KaiserST

Apr 5, 2017
His average animation per week is is 5.89... Less than 6. To put that in perspective, the last episode averaged 6.9 by the time rendering was completed. The episode before 7.5 by the time rendering was finished.
Is week one of your data 15/12? Because I'm not sure DPC had started work on ep11 by then, it was only one week after the release of EP 10.

always86

Mar 19, 2020
Is week one of your data 15/12? Because I'm not sure DPC had started work on ep11 by then, it was only one week after the release of EP 10.
Yes, I have always tracked from the week after release as DPC normally already has animations rendering by this point. (I think this time he said he had them going in the Beta testing period so actually the average is even less)

Reactions: KaiserST

KaiserST

Apr 5, 2017
Yes, I have always tracked from the week after release as DPC normally already has animations rendering by this point. (I think this time he said he had them going in the Beta testing period so actually the average is even less)
Actually just did some math, made the average per week, got today's number of rendered animations and subtracted the number of done animations from the very first report and divided by time (28 weeks)

Guess the result?

5.89 lol

Never going to doubt you again.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes