always86

Mar 19, 2020
Actually just did some math, made the average per week, got today's number of rendered animations and subtracted the number of done animations from the very first report and divided by time (28 weeks)

Guess the result?

5.89 lol

Never going to doubt you again.
Haha thanks.

If you look at those original 63 that was week 4 after release, he'd of been averaging 15.75 a week. If you take the 228 he has done now and divide by 32 that's technically 7.1 a week.

So what we can say is his technical average is probably somewhere between 5.9 and 7.1 if we start counting the week after release. I certainly didn't make it remotely clear that the 5.9 is the average between week 4 and week 32. But it is also fair to say since week 4 we know his average is only 5.9 a week, and that seems to be where it will stick long term. Though if he ends up close to 7 he could maybe squeze another pre-Christmas release in. I think the range is now probably optimistic December 16th and pessimistic January 31st - February 7th. I think it would be crazy for him to have gone from 24 weeks to 30 weeks to 42 weeks to 51 weeks to 60+ weeks in the worst case.

While I do think he releases quality content and and quantity comparable to anyone else, it is easy to understand the peopl who think he is milking.

Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017

Happy blue screen day! I'm not affected by the global outage (so far). PCs are rendering and I'm working.

I've been writing a lot this week. I focused on writing scenes for the general story and Jill's branch. I've written the broad strokes for Jill's content now. There are a few areas left to fill in for her, but she's the branch closest to completion in terms of writing. The canon story is closing in on completion, too; it's ~80% written.

You might wonder about the rest of the branches, and I'd say the order of most to least completed goes Jill > Others > Bella >> Josy & Maya = Sage. The latter two branches need the most work, and I have plans to get to them eventually.

I think it's safe to say that most of the remaining work is branch-related.

The canon content has received much attention so far during this development cycle. While I'm somewhere around 3600-3700 renders into the development, I still have much left to do for the episode.

I currently estimate that I need four, potentially five, more lewd scenes - if you've kept up with my Status updates, you'll realize I've added a few more along the way.

The current animation count is 272 animations (228 completed + 44 in the render queue).

Episode 10 had 335 animations, meaning I'd need a maximum of 16 animations per remaining lewd scene to get the same amount for episode 11, and that's not going to happen. Given my ambition for the remaining lewd scenes and SFW animations, I can safely say that the animation count will be higher for episode 11.

We'll see how that affects the development cycle in time. This is the first development cycle in which I'm rendering everything @60fps. I can see a need for ~100 more animations to finish the remaining animation work.

I don't have a similar estimate for the remaining static render count; thousands of static renders remain.

I've started writing and working on what I assume to be the biggest free-roam event of the episode. This week, I planned the flow of it, started planning events, wrote parts of it, and dressed 60 characters.

Currently, I'm working on the environment, placing characters in their positions, and setting everything up so that I can continue writing the events. Thanks to these preparation steps, I can hammer out the art swiftly when everything is set up and written.

I'm feeling very creative with the ideas I get as I work on this free-roam event. Since the episode development started, I've had big ambitions for this free-roam event, and I've been looking forward to creating it. I aim to make it one of the highlights of the episode.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
All of the remaining lewd scenes, animations and renders are for Yoga Girl. 100% cope because of how much longer DPC is going to take, but I know in my heart that Yoga Girl will be the best thing ever. In fact, it'll be like heaven on Earth: Joshy will commit to her, KARAMBA will build a church for her, and Darkwen will make a whole new word for her :KEK:
Seriously though, DPC what the fuck, 100 more animations? That actually does sound like milking.

• Haha
Reactions: Joshy92

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022
All of the remaining lewd scenes, animations and renders are for Yoga Girl. 100% cope because of how much longer DPC is going to take, but I know in my heart that Yoga Girl will be the best thing ever. In fact, it'll be like heaven on Earth: Joshy will commit to her, KARAMBA will build a church for her, and Darkwen will make a whole new word for her :KEK:
Seriously though, DPC what the fuck, 100 more animations? That actually does sound like milking.
more time = more money. DPC knows this. :KEK:

Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
more time = more money. DPC knows this. :KEK:
I know, but Jesus Christ. He could've at least played it off like "Oh I've been having so much fun with animations, I keep adding more than intended" but no. It's especially infuriating if they're more "Zoey running in the woods" type bullshit, and of the same quality too.

Reactions: L1m1tl3ss

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022
I know, but Jesus Christ. He could've at least played it off like "Oh I've been having so much fun with animations, I keep adding more than intended" but no. It's especially infuriating if they're more "Zoey running in the woods" type bullshit, and of the same quality too.
The most common thing in the world happened to him, he got a lot of money and became a jerk. So we have a jerk who likes money, is self-centered and can't stand any criticism. The only way to get him off his cloud is to take away his money, but those patreon subscribers aren't going anywhere. :KEK:

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
The most common thing in the world happened to him, he got a lot of money and became a jerk. So we have a jerk who likes money, is self-centered and can't stand any criticism. The only way to get him off his cloud is to take away his money, but those patreon subscribers aren't going anywhere. :KEK:
If patrons left he would just quit making the game like most devs do.

xSkellington

Apr 23, 2022
Hey guys. I am really looking for playing season 3. But when i last checked i havent seen the multiple mode. So is there any change to added multiple mode. It is really hard to play all the roads seperatly.

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022
Tbf most devs barely scrape by while making these games. Only a very few like DPC get lucky.
and all of them that achieve success will end up as DPC and it is starting to be noticed, now the AVN standard is 1 year per chapter, then it will be a 1 and a half year and so on.

L1m1tl3ss

Sep 27, 2023
Watching badik newbies and DPC haters loosing their shit over the ever-longer development cycles and DPC dickriders defending him in return as if he can do no wrong will never not be funny :LUL:
DPC's dickriders are the strangest of people. I don't know how they manage to defend him whenever someone thrashes him. You gotta be pretty sick to be able to do that. It's hilarious when people verbally beat on him, given how sensitive he is to every piece of criticism that he receives. Usually, I don't give a shit about game developers, much less AVN devs, but DPC is an extraordinarily thin-skinned case. That's basically the reason I personally even made a profile on F95 and why the only thread I've ever posted on is this one. DPC's lolcow shenanigans are entertaining and what's even better is people's reactions to that, both the people hating on him (rightfully so) and the minions defending him.

lobotomist

Sep 4, 2017
Get ready for a January or February release everyone. It's amazing how he has convinced himself that the 60FPS trade off (and whatever other improvements he thinks he has made) are rendering quickly.

His average animation per week is is 5.89... Less than 6. To put that in perspective, the last episode averaged 6.9 by the time rendering was completed. The episode before 7.5 by the time rendering was finished.

Pink is saying 100 animations on top of the 272 he already has rendered or queued. That's 372. At his current average rate he won't finish rendering until the week of January 10th. That will be week 57 which in turn is 6 weeks longer than episode 10 and 15 weeks longer than episode 9. He started the 60 fps mid season last time.

Here's the forcast.

View attachment 3847558

Back in April 19th I made this forcast based on some vague numbers he had published.

Based on todays numbers we can see he would have been around 151.3 on April 19th. So I think the 156 estimate was pretty decent.

With all that said what is interesting is that he is technically ahead of the episode 10 development. Where he had 214 on week 32 as apposed to 20 228 for this episode. So actually if he wasn't setting himself a ridiculous target we might have expected delivery in December or even a bit earlier.

View attachment 3847562
i'm guessing he's waiting for thw 5090s to come out to get a new rendering rig.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes